What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dump Caddy? (1 Viewer)

Steelnation

Footballguy
I am not one that typically would suggest this but here is the situation:

Never been sold on Simms, and after yesterday, I wonder if Caddy is now going to live up to expectations. I took him at 2.14 and I am now considering dropping him for B Jacobs. I currently have Rudi J, Caddy, Mcgahee and Chester Taylor. I can only start two and feel I could gamble dropping him for B Jacobs and it may pay huge dividends.

Thoughts on Caddy moving forward and this potential early season move?

Regardless of Tiki, I believe the football Giants WILL get B Jacobs more involved. To be honest Tiki has been a workhorse yes....but my gut tells me he injury free years are going to come to a screaching halt this year.

I am not one that typically would suggest this but here is the situation:Never been sold on Simms, and after yesterday, I wonder if Caddy is now going to live up to expectations. I took him at 2.14 and I am now considering dropping him for B Jacobs. I currently have Rudi J, Caddy, Mcgahee and Chester Taylor. I can only start two and feel I could gamble dropping him for B Jacobs and it may pay huge dividends.Thoughts on Caddy moving forward and this potential early season move?Regardless of Tiki, I believe the football Giants WILL get B Jacobs more involved. To be honest Tiki has been a workhorse yes....but my gut tells me he injury free years are going to come to a screaching halt this year.
:lmao:

:lmao: c'mon are you serious? Trade him, don't him if you are that down on him.

FYI..they won't play the Ravens every week.

I am not one that typically would suggest this but here is the situation:Never been sold on Simms, and after yesterday, I wonder if Caddy is now going to live up to expectations. I took him at 2.14 and I am now considering dropping him for B Jacobs. I currently have Rudi J, Caddy, Mcgahee and Chester Taylor. I can only start two and feel I could gamble dropping him for B Jacobs and it may pay huge dividends.Thoughts on Caddy moving forward and this potential early season move?Regardless of Tiki, I believe the football Giants WILL get B Jacobs more involved. To be honest Tiki has been a workhorse yes....but my gut tells me he injury free years are going to come to a screaching halt this year.
Yeah I would definitely drop him for Jacobs. These are the kind of shrewd moves that separate championship caliber teams from playoff caliber teams......

I have him as my RB3...with the added receptions I'm very happy to have him...
I think the receptions are a big positive. Total overreaction for anyone considering dropping him after one week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not that high on Caddy but you cant drop him. Just trade him if you dont want him. Jacobs will not put up #1 or #2 RB numbers....Caddy has more upside.

See if one of the other owners in your family's league wants him...no use giving him up for nothing. Maybe Grandma will trade you Peyton Manning for him or something.

These week 1 panic attack posts are killing me.
No panic here pal. I won my game and I am deep at RB. I am thinking of making a bold move to block the team that has Tiki (the team that has Tiki is stacked) from gettin B Jacobs if Tiki goes down. I would still have Rudi, Mcgahee, C Taylor and B Jacobs.....so where do you get panic from??Just throwing it out there for disscussion and as another relpy suggested sometimes you have to make "shrewd" moves like this to win.

No panic here pal. I won my game and I am deep at RB. I am thinking of making a bold move to block the team that has Tiki (the team that has Tiki is stacked) from gettin B Jacobs if Tiki goes down. I would still have Rudi, Mcgahee, C Taylor and B Jacobs.....so where do you get panic from??Just throwing it out there for disscussion and as another relpy suggested sometimes you have to make "shrewd" moves like this to win.
Well I think his point is that your "shrewd" move is really ####### stupid

See if one of the other owners in your family's league wants him...no use giving him up for nothing. Maybe Grandma will trade you Peyton Manning for him or something.
Funny guy :rolleyes: What will be funny is the way Auburn is going to roll your Tigers on Saturday.

Trading him would possibly be a "shrewd" move. Dropping him would be an idiotic move.

Yeah I would definitely drop him for Jacobs. These are the kind of shrewd moves that separate championship caliber teams from playoff caliber teams......
Don't be a sheep...Listen to this guy :yes:

:yes:

this is not a shrewd move.at all, ever.oh, and you are never deep enough at RB.ugh, i feel violated that i even responded to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropping Caddy is clearly the "shark" move. Dump one guy on the decline, pick up another guy (Jacobs), that in a couple weeks, could be a top 10 back. These are what sharks do.

in case it's actually necessary:

:sarcasm:

this is not a shrewd move.at all, ever.oh, and you are never deep enough at RB.ugh, i feel violated that i even responded to this.
Really?? You have edited your reply three times.......you must like the violation :hey:

Really?? You have edited your reply three times.......you must like the violation :hey:
just go drop caddy. good luck.

go ahead and drop him. don't listen to these guys. they don't know jack about FF. no risk no reward right?

Call it panic or not, deep at RB or not, dropping Caddy would be idiotic. Why would you not consider trading Caddy instead of dropping him? If I am the Tiki owner I would laugh at you and then pick up Caddy while you have a back up.

Oh OK now I see why you're making this move. It kind of makes sense actually. You're picking up Tiki's handcuff to block the Tiki owner from getting him. Now he'll have to resort to picking up a starting rb....

Thanks for the input all. Guess the overall consensus is I have suggested quite a "boneheaded" move. Hey it's Monday morning, what can I say?

And for L5UT1ger, you threw the first jab, I just responded :yes:

I'm disgusted any Steeler fan could be this foolish. :bag:

I change my vote...you should drop Caddy for Jacobs and drop Taylor for Mo Morris...make sure you keep those other pesky owners from getting their RBs... :banned:

Trading him would possibly be a "shrewd" move. Dropping him would be an idiotic move.
Both are idiotic. Caddy's value is as low as it can be right now. Wait till after they ring up some cream puff D and then move the guy...Such as after they play NO after the BYE week 5....

No panic here pal. I won my game and I am deep at RB. I am thinking of making a bold move to block the team that has Tiki (the team that has Tiki is stacked) from gettin B Jacobs if Tiki goes down. I would still have Rudi, Mcgahee, C Taylor and B Jacobs.....so where do you get panic from??

Just throwing it out there for disscussion and as another relpy suggested sometimes you have to make "shrewd" moves like this to win.

And most sharks would undoubtedly agree that jumping off a cliff is a bold move . . . :rolleyes:

You guys are great :rolleyes:

Must be FF Gods :lmao:

"I'm not worthy"!!!

Enough with the sarcasm, getting old fellas......

I'll check back in a few weeks with a comparison of Caddy vs B Jacobs

Laugh now.......

Oh OK now I see why you're making this move. It kind of makes sense actually. You're picking up Tiki's handcuff to block the Tiki owner from getting him. Now he'll have to resort to picking up a starting rb....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Post of the day.

You guys are great :rolleyes: Must be FF Gods :lmao: "I'm not worthy"!!!Enough with the sarcasm, getting old fellas......I'll check back in a few weeks with a comparison of Caddy vs B JacobsLaugh now.......
care to make a bet on Jacobs v Caddy's stats at the end of the year????

:sarcasm:

:bye: Steelnation.

Welcome to the shark pool.

I bet you could get somthing.. anything.. for Caddy in a trade. At least one of your league members should give you somthing.. anything for him on name value alone.

Personaly I think I will ride it out. ;)

Caddy and LJ have just been dropped in my dynasty league. I am really high on Ron Dayne and Eric Moulds so I am not sure if I should drop them or not. What is the Shark move here? Dayne could be the runner where he is and Moulds caught a TD. Man, I hate these types of decisions.

Caddy and LJ have just been dropped in my dynasty league. I am really high on Ron Dayne and Eric Moulds so I am not sure if I should drop them or not. What is the Shark move here? Dayne could be the runner where he is and Moulds caught a TD. Man, I hate these types of decisions.
I would wait a week and see what happens before you do somthing rash like droping Dayne.

I would wait a week and see what happens before you do somthing rash like droping Dayne.
Totally thinking the same thing. I am now thinking of dropping Antonio Gates instead in my start 2 TE league.

I just wish I had people like this in my league.

Maybe someone will drop Shaun Alexander to pick up Ladell Betts, too.

Totally thinking the same thing. I am now thinking of dropping Antonio Gates instead in my start 2 TE league.
Dropping Gates? That's just crazy talk!!! He could easily be a top 15 tight end this year if the cards fall right.

Users who are viewing this thread