What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynamic Draft Dominator (1 Viewer)

Bruce and DD, thanks for the hard work. Maybe an explanation on recommendations for how many picks to look ahead would be helpful. Also, one suggestion might be to have different defaults for the value in the spots to look ahead box. In other words, the ability to set it equal to the number of picks until your next pick. Anyway, awesome APP and great job!

Bruce and DD, thanks for the hard work. Maybe an explanation on recommendations for how many picks to look ahead would be helpful. Also, one suggestion might be to have different defaults for the value in the spots to look ahead box. In other words, the ability to set it equal to the number of picks until your next pick. Anyway, awesome APP and great job!
What he said... Otherwise it's simply awesome... Freeloaders, eat your hearts out! You're missing one great tool!!!

Great job. :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm a little mad now that I'm picking #10 in my main league because I have a feeling a little more value could be found with this app from the #5 or #6 spot.

Some big changes in the projections. Ramsey up to #11/12 in my scoring system! OK, I gotta go to bed.

I just went through my last mock with it. I completed the Mock yesterday and just used DDD to record the picks. I'd stop at my pick and see what player was suggested as opposed to my actual pick. 1) It was almost almost 100% with my ACTUAL picks before I used it.

That is down right scary.

The only huge discrepency was at pick 8.07 when the suggested pick was Alstott with a DVDB of 50 and Pinkston was at 32. I had 3 RB's and Alstott never entered my mind. My actual pick was Pinkston and would have been Morgan if Pinkston wasn't there.

Now if only Bye weeks were being added into the formula that you are using -- I probably wouldn't have to think at all.

I prefer looking ahead 36 picks. That catches anyone that will likely be taken in the next 3-4 rounds of a 12 team draft. I like the fact that you can change that view quickly though as I like to look both at the 24 and the 36 before making my selection.

When looking ahead 20 picks, the program rarely ever suggests a Kicker, so when doing a mock, most teams end up witthout a kicker. If I change this to 30 picks ahead (10 team league) then almost all teams get a kicker, but one problem remains constant....when doing a mock, the program doesnt like to suggest IDP's at all. In my league with 1 DL, 1 LB, and 1 DB starter, only about 4 IDP's get drafted total among all teams in a mock. Anything I'm doing wrong? Or is that to be expected?Other then this, it looks great!!!

Bruce is DA BOMB! :thumbup: Though you all have created a dilemma for myself---I have a work deadline today on a project, but I REALLY want to play with the DynamicDD 4-oh.......What to do, what to do :wall: :wall: :wall: Great work, this app is what put me over the top as far as subscribing.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few days ago I was contemplating whether or not I wanted to pay someone for thier opinion on fantasy football. All I can say is that I'm glad I made the right decision and I get to use this awesome tool. Technology is cool. :thumbup:

I haven't played around with the DD since it first came out. When I brought it up, there were no projection. I thought this was odd, but I went to Open VBD Spreadsheet and loaded that in. However, I'm not getting any ADP information and it just keeps picking QBs. I tried installing the full version over the top of my old install instead of just applying the update, but got the same thing. I'm sure this is a PEBCAK situation, but I don't know where I screwed it up. Help! :bag:

Ok, as soon as I get home this afternoon, you will have a new subscriber...that was the icing on the cake! :excited:

I haven't played around with the DD since it first came out. When I brought it up, there were no projection. I thought this was odd, but I went to Open VBD Spreadsheet and loaded that in. However, I'm not getting any ADP information and it just keeps picking QBs. I tried installing the full version over the top of my old install instead of just applying the update, but got the same thing. I'm sure this is a PEBCAK situation, but I don't know where I screwed it up. Help! :bag:
Your best bet is to just start over. Uninstall the Draft Dominator. Goto the C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory and delete any remaining files. Then reinstall the 4.0 FULL version.Then once you get it loaded. Click File->Setup and then click OK. At this point the Player Pool should be full, and you can start playing with the new features.

Glad you guys are liking this.We had the goal going into this season that we wanted to make the "Is it worth it?" question a no brainer. That's no easy task but things like the Dynamic Draft Dominator are how we're answering that.Knock yourselves out.J

Just a suggestion for something I would like to see to make this useable for me:Instead of making the projections tweakable it would be nice if we could lay in our own VBD number. I use my own tried and true method of determine a static VBD that differs in how you guys do it. I would like to be able to lay in my own VBDs for each player and then have the dynamic VBD part of the app work off of my numbers.

Just a suggestion for something I would like to see to make this useable for me:Instead of making the projections tweakable it would be nice if we could lay in our own VBD number. I use my own tried and true method of determine a static VBD that differs in how you guys do it. I would like to be able to lay in my own VBDs for each player and then have the dynamic VBD part of the app work off of my numbers.
In essence, be able to tweak your own baselines. I have inquired about the same issue over in the application forum. I'm glad to see it's not just me asking these questions.

In essence, be able to tweak your own baselines. I have inquired about the same issue over in the application forum. I'm glad to see it's not just me asking these questions.
No I would imagine there are quite a few people on here who come up with their own baselines for whom using this program means sacrificing something they may have spent years tweaking.Not only that, but I tweak my projections with various risk factors to get the number I use to form baselines. I think the dynamic portion of the app is fantastic. I just want to have more say in it than just the projections since I believe the other factors I use are equally as important.

Your best bet is to just start over. Uninstall the Draft Dominator. Goto the C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory and delete any remaining files. Then reinstall the 4.0 FULL version.Then once you get it loaded. Click File->Setup and then click OK. At this point the Player Pool should be full, and you can start playing with the new features.
Thanks, that helped. However, when I try to import my copy of the spreadsheet, I still lose the ADP information. Do I have to re-enter my projections within the tool or can I import my projections and still keep the ADP somehow. Sorry to be a pain.

Rather than import the VBD Spreadsheet, your best bet is to enter the projections right into the Draft Dominator. The importing of the VBD Spreadsheet is a hold over from last year. Its on my list to improve... but even still it won't bring in any new baseline changes that you have made to it... just projections, scoring, and league variables.For Keeper Leagues... click View->Keeper List, and add your players there.

Completely amazing. I just went through a mock for my main league and am very very impressed with the results. I really do need to check ebay for laptops now...What system requirements are there to run this thing?

Rather than import the VBD Spreadsheet, your best bet is to enter the projections right into the Draft Dominator. The importing of the VBD Spreadsheet is a hold over from last year. Its on my list to improve... but even still it won't bring in any new baseline changes that you have made to it... just projections, scoring, and league variables.For Keeper Leagues... click View->Keeper List, and add your players there.
Thanks Bruce. But there doesn't seem to be a way to change the Fantasy Points column of the projections. It looks like I would have to fudge the projections to get the fantasy points I want, which seems like a lot of work.Also, is there a way to tweak teh baselines on a per-position basis?Great tool! :thumbup:

Wow! Great stuff Bruce. I can't wait to give it a try in a real draft.Is there any chance you could expand this product for use during the season? Something that could use the framework of the Draft Dominator to suggest waiver wire pickups, make starting lineup recommendations and provide beneficial trade suggestions based on the strengths/weaknesses of your team, as well as the others in the league. Probably a lot of work and may not be feasable, but I thought it might be worth discussing.thanksRob

Wow! Great stuff Bruce. I can't wait to give it a try in a real draft.Is there any chance you could expand this product for use during the season? Something that could use the framework of the Draft Dominator to suggest waiver wire pickups, make starting lineup recommendations and provide beneficial trade suggestions based on the strengths/weaknesses of your team, as well as the others in the league. Probably a lot of work and may not be feasable, but I thought it might be worth discussing.thanksRob
Yeah, can you make a program that will manage my team for me, send in my lineups, negotiate trades and drink a few beers for me at the fantasy party? :P Come on now, you have to have SOME faith in yourself. Where's the fun when a program someone else wrote is doing everything for you? Especially if everyone is using the same program. It's nice to have these resources to a degree but let's not take it too far or what's the point of this hobby anymore?

It is awesome Bruce! Thanks Joe and David. I am playing around with it, mocking, then stopping and starting over. I am trying to get an understanding of the relationship between the player that is recommended and how it relates to the drop off number and drop value number and the current 3 of picks to be made. I have been keeping the "Spots to looks ahead" locked at 24. There certainly seems to be alot of adjusting by the numbers going on, hence the dynamics nomenclature. Without knowing all the intended uses of the numbers, it can be a bit confusing. :confused: So I too am hoping to get "official" clarification of what each column head mean in the Best Value Pick so that I can maximize the intended use of the application. I am so glad I spent the money and look forward to instructions so I can easily use the application in my upcomg draft. Thanks again :thumbup:

Excellent Job! I did notice it taking a third QB for someone who had two already (10th round) and a second defense for someone else with Tampa's D. But, overall, it makes solid picks. Better than a most people I've seen in mocks and real drafts. Does it incorportate ADP in any way? I noticed it lists the ADP. Another neat feature would be a watch list. I generally have a printed list of players to watch and a round to pick them (very much like Dodds' Perfect Draft). That would make the best drafting tool anywhere even better.

Bruce,I have a couple of questions after doing a mock with the DDD. First, we use an auction draft and I have the box checked in the setup page. Also, I have set each team's individual cap. When I run through the first round, entering salaries for each player, I noticed that the DDD allows teams to draft players for MORE than the amount of their remaining cap. While this creates an obvious problem, it also makes me think that the DDD (which is simply Awesome!!! btw) is not so dynamic for auction drafts. Is there anyway to improve DDD this year with some formula that would leave each team with at least $1 to draft the remaining open positions and if they tried to draft someone for more than their remaining cap minus the $1*X open positions, the program would block the transaction or stop it somehow? My other question regards the roster makeups. While we have 18 man rosters in our league, we MUST draft 2qbs,4rbs,4wrs,2tes,2pks,2dt AND then we can add 2 "Floater" positions which can be used for any position. I have plugged the above numbers into the roster portion of the setup page but it seems that the program only uses this as a guide because many teams mock draft 3TEs, 3DTs etc., and this is beyond rare in our auctions over the past 8 yrs. Any suggestions or thoughts of adding such a feature. Our draft is the end of August so I am hoping if there are any more additions these could be included because I can still use them. Thanks and as always, the end product is outstanding!! Great Job! :thumbup:

Yeah, can you make a program that will manage my team for me, send in my lineups, negotiate trades and drink a few beers for me at the fantasy party? Come on now, you have to have SOME faith in yourself. Where's the fun when a program someone else wrote is doing everything for you? Especially if everyone is using the same program. It's nice to have these resources to a degree but let's not take it too far or what's the point of this hobby anymore?
Then don't use it. I enjoy the "hobby" of watching football like everyone else, but when I play Fantasy Football, I play for money and I plan on taking it all.EXCELLENT WORK GUYS.HERD

Yeah, can you make a program that will manage my team for me, send in my lineups, negotiate trades and drink a few beers for me at the fantasy party? :P Come on now, you have to have SOME faith in yourself. Where's the fun when a program someone else wrote is doing everything for you? Especially if everyone is using the same program. It's nice to have these resources to a degree but let's not take it too far or what's the point of this hobby anymore?
I understand your point, and I do not use DD or any other tool as 100% gospel. I've veered from DD 'suggestion' in every draft that I've used it in. I just thought that there was a lot of value in the data DD leaves you with, and there should be some way to continue to derive something from it. Wouldn't it be nice to get a customized report of the top 10 free agents to pick up, customized to what your team needs? Beats scanning player lists, cross-referencing potential pickups with some stat source somewhere else, and maybe an NFL schedule somewhere else.Wouldn't it be nice to know automatically that team X is dying at WR if you are looking to move one of yours? Beats analyzing the rosters of all the other teams looking for a good match. Any app is a crutch only to the extent you allow it to be...

Bruce,Great job. I second all the praise that's been coming your and FBG's way.On to my question. I do my own projections and always end up feeding them into the VBD spreadsheet. What's the easiest way to get them into the DDD? I really don't want to end up typing them in and was hoping there was an easier way. Suggestions? or is there some function I'm not aware of that the model has?Again, great job.

Yeah, can you make a program that will manage my team for me, send in my lineups, negotiate trades and drink a few beers for me at the fantasy party?  Come on now, you have to have SOME faith in yourself. Where's the fun when a program someone else wrote is doing everything for you? Especially if everyone is using the same program. It's nice to have these resources to a degree but let's not take it too far or what's the point of this hobby anymore?
Then don't use it. I enjoy the "hobby" of watching football like everyone else, but when I play Fantasy Football, I play for money and I plan on taking it all.EXCELLENT WORK GUYS.HERD
Try to follow along. I was commenting on the request to make a program that picked waivers, analyzed trades, etc. not the DD as it stands now.

Man, this is so cool. Can't wait to use it on a full 15+ round draft.But I have a question (probably stoopid). I've been using the old version of the DD in an Xperts draft (I think a few of y'all are in that draft). I've recently made my 12th round selection, saved the draft to a .ddf file, then downloaded the new version. Downloaded fine, but I'm not sure how to get the best value pick to show for my team. Right now, it's showing for the team that's presently on the clock. Also, I'm a little confused at how to read the drop value and DVBD. (I've done never drafted dynamic yet).Guess what I'm looking for is an instruction book, but there's none online and none in the application. :bag: Also....can you save one draft to a .ddf file, then load a different draft?

It only shows the value pick for the team on the clock... however you can peek ahead by clicking the Move Player button until it gets to your pick... and then just click the Undo Last Move button to return to where you were....You can save multiple league files (*.ddf)... and open them up to when you want to return to that league. It saves everything, including where you were in the draft...There is a manual on the way... it is being written as we speak. I don't have a release date for it yet.

When I try to print out a cheatsheet from DDD, the OVR column on the far right gets cut off.Is there anyway to change the page setup?Thanks.

Bruce and I spent the day tweaking things and I can say that I am very pleased with this effort. We can't tell you how it works completely as our competitors would love to hear the logic behind it. But let's just say you can have a mock draft with it and it works great.
Patent it. :thumbup:

I went through a mock draft with it, and my only gripe about it is that one team ended up with 5 quarter backs. That to me does not make sense. Other than that, I really like the information that it gives you.

Read through the posts and reloaded it and tried again, had 1 team with 6 QB, 2 with 5 QB and 4 teams with 4 QB. There is no way that any team will have more than 2 QB (maybe a couple will have 3 at the most) in our live draft. Not having any luck. All I did was load it and then put in my scoring. I have to be doing something wrong as everyone is saying this is the next thing since sliced bread.

Read through the posts and reloaded it and tried again, had 1 team with 6 QB, 2 with 5 QB and 4 teams with 4 QB. There is no way that any team will have more than 2 QB (maybe a couple will have 3 at the most) in our live draft. Not having any luck. All I did was load it and then put in my scoring. I have to be doing something wrong as everyone is saying this is the next thing since sliced bread.
The exact same thing happened to me when I ran mock drafts. I must have something screwed up as well. Let me know if you (or anyone) can figure it out.

Bruce, you earn more and more of my respect all the time.

This latest upgrade to the Draft Dominator is incredible. This software alone is easily worth the $20.00 subscription fee even if Footballguys.com gave fantasy owners nothing else all season long.

Thank you for all of your hard work on this Bruce. Drafting will never be the same again :thumbup: :shock:

At the risk of getting a flag for "piling on", I want to add my props for Mr. Henderson... and for Footballguys.com for bringing this to us. I have to admit, when you guys went "pay-for-play" last year, and then did the magazine thing this year... I started to think you were becoming too commercial. Then I looked in the mirror and realized that I wasn't upset that you guys were getting commercial... I was jealous that you were turning your passion into a viable business. I'm still jealous... but I'm also extremely happy for you guys. Great job to all of you... and here's wishing you all continued success!

i worked out one league so far but when i reopen it the VBD sheet is not loaded nor did it keep the keepers i had in there. did i not save it correctly or does this happen to all???? come draft day i would like to simply open the thing rather than have to quickly plug everything in... can this be done????

In my league we start 1RB, 2WR, and 2 flex RB/WR. What numbers do I enter for starters? Do I go 2.5 Rb's or something like that?

Once again, Footballguys outdoes itself. Kudos to a job well done. That being said, a couple of questions:1) Can you provide a quick definition of "dropoff" and "drop value" from the Best Value pick window?2) For those doing mock drafts, how are you going about it? Taking best value players straight, speculating based on knowledge of your league mates, or other methods???Sorry if these are stupid questions, but inquiring minds want to know :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread