What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty 12 Team - Another Trade with RBs (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
Same league... 12 Team Dynasty - 1/2 PPR, Start QRWWTFDK. Contract style. Roster max is 22, Taxi Squad max of 4 rookies and can keep selections on TS for no more than 2 years.

Which RB do you like in this trade:

Gibson... for... Mattison... both backs are not the starting types for these teams.

We have a cap system player contracts. the max is 60 years. If we have a player of 1 year for 2022, and I want to resign him, the minimun signing is +2, thus a 3 year contract for 2023. If I trade this player away, the receiving team can sign the player to a contract of 1 for 2023. This saves some cap. We have been doing this for about the length of the league which is now going on year 22. In this case, Mattison is up for resigning, thus the owner is trying to trade for equivalent value.

Last edited:
I think they are even. I think Gibson has the higher ceiling and lower floor and Mattison is just a backup. All things being equal I probably prefer Gibson if I have other RB's I can rely on.

I think they are even. I think Gibson has the higher ceiling and lower floor and Mattison is just a backup. All things being equal I probably prefer Gibson if I have other RB's I can rely on.

Thanks Gally. Gibson is on my team. My thought was what happens with Cook going into the future? I was thinking of adding Jaylen Warren for Ken Gainwell with a flip of later round 2024 rookie picks. My concern is that I have Henry, Mixon, and Elliott. Going forward, I have to get younger pretty soon.

Thanks Gally. Gibson is on my team. My thought was what happens with Cook going into the future? I was thinking of adding Jaylen Warren for Ken Gainwell with a flip of later round 2024 rookie picks. My concern is that I have Henry, Mixon, and Elliott. Going forward, I have to get younger pretty soon.
You definitely need to get an infusion of younger talent at RB but I am not sure if Mattison is that over Gibson. As a Vikes fan, Mattison is a solid backup but I am not so sure he can be the guy based on the lack of interest in FA.

I actually like Gainwell over Warren by quite a bit. I think Gainwell will have more usage moving forward but he doesn't exactly fit the bill either for what you need.

I agree, I like Gainwill way over Warren. I do have pick 8 for rookies, thus looking for the best RB (or QB, can use one also, but can survive)

Latest offer received below. I did put out the RB offer and got countered with this:

Gibson, Warren, Otton, Olave... for... Gainwell, Mattison, Bellinger, DeVonta Smith

I have:
RB - Henry, Mixon, Elliott, Gibson, Warren
WR - Lamb, Diggs, Metcalf, Pittman, Olave (Taxi), Watson (Taxi)
TE - Kittle, Schultz, Otton, Likely (Taxi)

Henry is on my team until he retires. I would love to move Pittman instead of Olave. With our starting requirements and 1/2 PPR, I do use 3 WRs a lot with just 1 RB.

Since I'm a Washington fan, I lean towards Mattison. There was talk that Robinson would start over Gibson going into last season until the unfortunate carjacking that resulted in him being shot. But as soon as Robinson was cleared to play, he started. Add in the fact that the franchise will be sold, new coaching staff to most likely follow, and Gibson nearing the end of his rookie deal, he's a couple years away from getting another shot with a new team. At least with Mattison, he could get a shot as early as this season if Minnesota moves on from Cook.

Users who are viewing this thread