What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Buy Low, Sell High (1 Viewer)

Staley is a bust, he's a 'don't ever buy' candidate.

Rivers needs time in SD, will NOT step in right away and produce Brees-like numbers! thats laughable to think he will.

Winslow looked bad even when he did play in preseason last year, what makes you think he's going to be a sleeper?

i do like the rest of the list, tho..

crayton is an 80-catch guy waiting to happen this year!

troupe is about to explode, too!

:goodposting:

Staley is a bust, he's a 'don't ever buy' candidate.

Rivers needs time in SD, will NOT step in right away and produce Brees-like numbers! thats laughable to think he will.

Winslow looked bad even when he did play in preseason last year, what makes you think he's going to be a sleeper?

i do like the rest of the list, tho..

crayton is an 80-catch guy waiting to happen this year!

troupe is about to explode, too!

:goodposting:
Staley would come for next to nothing. Remember that Willie Parker was #4 on the depth chart in Pittsburgh at this time last year. He's a flier, a guy you pick up on the off chance he pays off, certainly not someone you should count on, or give up anything of even decent value for.Rivers has been studying that offense for 2 years. The track record of QBs that have that much time to learn the system is good. I think he can do at least 80% of Brees numbers next year as a floor, with upside to match his numbers.

Winslow I like only because come week 1 in Cleveland, there will be only him, and maybe David Givens or another FA WR to throw to.

:blackdot: good stuff

in the middle of an initial dynasty draft right now, and finding any kind of info, even speculation, is tough. Plus we're into the late rounds (30+) where it's time to look for sleepers and guys that could produce in a few years.

I took Gore and immediately was hit with a trade offer for him, but not enough to let go. I think he will probably get a shot at the starting job, and may not let it go. There's a few others in this thread I have thought about targeting (like Crayton) but think they might slip a little further.

Would C.Rogers qualify as a buy low right now? One strike away, and everyone's focused on M and R Williams with the Lions. Risky, but shouldn't cost much.

Last edited by a moderator:
:blackdot: good stuff

in the middle of an initial dynasty draft right now, and finding any kind of info, even speculation, is tough. Plus we're into the late rounds (30+) where it's time to look for sleepers and guys that could produce in a few years.

I took Gore and immediately was hit with a trade offer for him, but not enough to let go. I think he will probably get a shot at the starting job, and may not let it go. There's a few others in this thread I have thought about targeting (like Crayton) but think they might slip a little further.

Would C.Rogers qualify as a buy low right now? One strike away, and everyone's focused on M and R Williams with the Lions. Risky, but shouldn't cost much.
No offense to you at all.. but why on earth would anyone want to have a draft going on right now with this Free Agency mess unfolding???

No offense to you at all.. but why on earth would anyone want to have a draft going on right now with this Free Agency mess unfolding???
I just finished one ... now is when a lot of initial IDP dynasty drafts tend to occur in my experience ... I know the Zealots are in the process of drafting ...

I am just about to start a 32 team IDP initial dynasty auction with a lot of FBG ...

A bit off-topic but does anyone know a place where we can find free dynasty leagues to join?
Go to the dating forum and check out the Zealots. Great leauges with good dudes.

Willie Parker can't get any respect, can he? The Rodney Dangerfield of NFL running backs went for over 1,200 and they won the freakin' SUPER BOWL with him starting. I'm not sure what else he must prove to get some love at this point. If he gets more red zone carries, he's real close to a 1st round value. Even with a TD vulture around, he's worth a 2-3 round pick easy.

As for Rudi Johnson, he has nothing to worry about. Chris Perry is a nice player, but he is way overrated on this board. Rudi is durable and he could easily go over 1,500 yards rushing next year with 15 TDs. Perry is a nice change-of-pace back that could start on some teams, but Rudi is rock solid. Sorry, Chris, enjoy 3rd downs.

No offense taken. It does make it really difficult to pick, and also hard to predict who's gonna go next. It's a 53 man, 12 team league and we want to have our rookie draft starting around day 2 of the NFL draft, so the initial draft needs to be done prior to that.What's hard is deciding if you take the guy that just got cut but seems to be fairly talented in the hope he ends up with a starting job somewhere, or take the guy with a sure job but maybe not quite as nice of stats.

:yes: I just traded Reggie Brown for Rogers and the #12 rookie pick. Plenty of risk there, but Rogers can pull it around, and MW will be the #3 for a year, then Rogers may move on.

True risk/reward. :thumbup:

FYI

Steelers | Team restructures Staley's contract

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:36:30 -0800

Joe Bendel, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have restructured the contract of RB Duce Staley, according to his agent Derrick Harrison. Harrison said, "We're in agreement at this point. It's just some fine-tuning now."

I just finished one ... now is when a lot of initial IDP dynasty drafts tend to occur in my experience ... I know the Zealots are in the process of drafting ...

I am just about to start a 32 team IDP initial dynasty auction with a lot of FBG ...
We're at the tail-end of our veteran draft in our innaugural season in a 32 team dynasty. After this it's the trading period and tweaking rosters (40 man roster). Then we do our rookie draft after the NFL has theirs. But with this CBA mess there are several teams that have been affected already.

What is everyone's thoughts on Parker? I've been trying to sell him high before the draft/FA and can't seem to get anything for him. I mean, it's at the point where people are talking about giving up Stallworth OR the #9 rookie pick for him straight up and thinking it's a fair offer.

For a guy that is going in the second round of initial dynasty drafts he sure does seem to have no trade value.

What is everyone's thoughts on Parker? I've been trying to sell him high before the draft/FA and can't seem to get anything for him. I mean, it's at the point where people are talking about giving up Stallworth OR the #9 rookie pick for him straight up and thinking it's a fair offer.

For a guy that is going in the second round of initial dynasty drafts he sure does seem to have no trade value.
He didn't have trade value in my dynasty league during the year....at any point. I offered him around my league for about 2 months. I certainly wouldn't spend a 2nd round pick on him. I got Michael Clayton (one-for-one) for him in Week 10 or 11 at the deadline this past year. Just felt he has a better opportunity for a solid career.

I just don't see Parker as a long-term solution in Pittsburgh. I just see him at best splitting carries down the road with a goalline vulture. I can see Staley (or someone else) taking the goalline carries in 2006. JMO

I think Staley is a decent buy low candidate as well. Can be had for next to nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I keep hearing...but he split carries last year and still finished as the #13 RB, and that was only in his second year in the league as a very raw player. Talent-wise he's only going to get better, and the guy he's fighting with for carries from here on out is likely going to be worse than the guy he was fighting with for them last year (Bettis).

That's what I keep hearing...but he split carries last year and still finished as the #13 RB, and that was only in his second year in the league as a very raw player. Talent-wise he's only going to get better, and the guy he's fighting with for carries from here on out is likely going to be worse than the guy he was fighting with for them last year (Bettis).
by "from here on out", you mean 2006, right? I can't imagine the steelers not doing something about the RB situation soon.

by "from here on out", you mean 2006, right? I can't imagine the steelers not doing something about the RB situation soon.
Well, I was just incinuating that whoever the bring in probably isn't going to be the 5th leading rusher in NFL history and a sure-fire hall of famer ;) .

Well, I was just incinuating that whoever the bring in probably isn't going to be the 5th leading rusher in NFL history and a sure-fire hall of famer ;) .
sure but he was competing with "end of his career' bettis, not "in his prime" bettis.

sure but he was competing with "end of his career' bettis, not "in his prime" bettis.
Even still, a lot of Bettis' work seemed based on loyalty on a franchise that is one of the few known for having it. Whoever steps in won't have that surrounding him.Obviously they could end up with a very good player there, but it just seems like there's a pretty good shot Injury Staley is going to end up being that guy. Even if a good RB comes in, Parker had that going against him last year and still finished as RB13.

Users who are viewing this thread