What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty League Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Chef Boyardee

Footballguy
Our commissionner quit the league in the middle of the year and there is nothing in the rules stating when waivers are shut down for the year. No one can remember how we did it last year so I thought I would get some input on how others handle this. Do you all shut them down after the championship, which is week 16 in our league, or do you allow moves to be made until the end of the regular NFL season?

Our commissionner quit the league in the middle of the year and there is nothing in the rules stating when waivers are shut down for the year. No one can remember how we did it last year so I thought I would get some input on how others handle this. Do you all shut them down after the championship, which is week 16 in our league, or do you allow moves to be made until the end of the regular NFL season?
is there a story behind this?

We are debating this in our league as a change. What is the logic on both sides? Just want to see if we are missing something...

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

is there a story behind this?
He didn't really go into details but said it was for personal reasons and he just didn't have the time to do it anymore. One league member took over as commish and another took over as treasurer and the old commish mailed him a check for the league fees.

We are debating this in our league as a change. What is the logic on both sides? Just want to see if we are missing something...Thanks & Happy Holidays!
Part of the reason this came up is the guy who took over commish is also in a new dynasty league that I started this year. He thinks it should end after week 16 but I set it up to end after week 17 in the new league. His logic is we have a three round free agent draft right before the season starts and people can pick up players then. I think ending in week 16 gives an advantage to players who are out of the playoffs in picking up free agents. For example, at the end of the year I like to drop my kicker, and sometimes my defense if it's nothing special, for some prospects. Well this year I just happened to be in the toilet bowl championship so if waivers closed after week 16 I wouldnt be able to do that. Personally, I might just drop a kicker and not have one if it's just the toilet bowl and there's someone out there I really want. I know it kind of sounds like I'm doing this for my own personal benefit, but I felt this way before that's why it's set up the way it is. Anyway, I can see an argument for either side, so we'll probably vote on this during the offseason.

We lock them from the end of the season right through the draft in May.

If you need somebody during that span, trade for them.

The late-season breakout players go into the draft. (As the league is 420 players deep in-season, there aren't many of these.)

We use week 17 as our offseason free agency. Chance for everyone to rid their bench of dead wood and fish for a prospect or two. We have fairly deep benches to begin with (20 man roster with a 2 man IR and 5 man taxi squad for 1st and 2nd year players), so it's not like there's really much out there. Without knowledge of how free agency and the NFL draft are going to go, it's really just a crapshoot. In the long run, doesn't really detract from our vet draft.

And to the concern about non-playoff teams getting an advantage in free agency during the fantasy playoffs; they probably need any avenue they can get to find help, and in dynasty the vet draft doesn't usually offer up much help (you're usually lucky to find a handful of useful vets), so getting a jump on trying to luck out into a few prospects isn't that big a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread