What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Misfits 'n Outlaws-VII Dynasty Draft (1 Viewer)

Here are the results so far-1.01 1 Booze'n Barbies Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB 1.02 2 Straight Cash Homies McGahee, Willis BUF RB 1.03 3 Fighting Couch Potatoes VII Jones, Kevin DET RB 1.04 4 LONGSHOTZ-VII Alexander, Shaun SEA RB 1.05 5 Patoons Portis, Clinton WAS RB 1.06 6 The Chairman Lewis, Jamal BAL RB 1.07 7 The Victors Jones, Julius DAL RB 1.08 8 Seattle Stars McAllister, Deuce NOS RB 1.09 9 TheJohnnyUtahs Manning, Peyton IND QB

I'm actually shocked that Holmes has not yet been taken. He's worth the risk even if he plays half a season. At least within the top 5. Unbelievable. I hope everyone makes that same mistake in a few months.

I'm actually shocked that Holmes has not yet been taken. He's worth the risk even if he plays half a season. At least within the top 5. Unbelievable. I hope everyone makes that same mistake in a few months.
In a dynasty? :no:Especially given health concerns.Go ahead and grab him top 5, I won't be taking him in the top 20 in DYNASTY.

Hmmmm, WRONG. My guess is that you don't play in any dynasty leagues?

In dynasty I'd take him early 3rd tho.
This is the ultimate dynasty question.This depends on the league, your priorities, etc.If you're going all out for 2005, sure.But are you willing to sacrifice the long term team?

Yes. I'd take the homerun hitter for a year or 2 to geth the championship and worry about filling that void after my parade.

Yes. I'd take the homerun hitter for a year or 2 to geth the championship and worry about filling that void after my parade.
The concern is that he hasn't made it to a FF championship for 2 years. In the nightmare scenario Priest goes down in week 12, giving you the best record in the league, a poor '06 draft spot and an early playoff exit.

True. but you never know what you'll get during playoff time. Even manning this year at playoffs was mediocre at best.I just can't see past his upside for a cpl more years - its this type of risk that wins championships (at least in my humble opinion).

Another problem for Priest is that Larry Johnson might be used to spell him from time to time. So in addition to being an injury/age risk, Priest's upside is also in question even if he's 100% healthy. Personally, I'd have a tough time taking him in the top 10 of a redraft league. There are too many guys that I see as having similar upside with less risk.

Also good moves by the Manning team. Traded up to get another 2nd to start off his team:Manning, Rudi, Westbrook.

Another update.01 1 Booze'n Barbies Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB 1.02 2 Straight Cash Homies McGahee, Willis BUF RB 1.03 3 Fighting Couch Potatoes VII Jones, Kevin DET RB1.04 4 LONGSHOTZ-VII Alexander, Shaun SEA RB 1.05 5 Patoons Portis, Clinton WAS RB 1.06 6 The Chairman Lewis, Jamal BAL RB 1.07 7 The Victors Jones, Julius DAL RB 1.08 8 Seattle Stars McAllister, Deuce NOS RB 1.09 9 TheJohnnyUtahs Manning, Peyton IND QB 1.10 10 Irish Cowboys Culpepper, Daunte MIN QB 1.11 11 SnakeInTheGrass James, Edgerrin IND RB 1.12 12 Wheel of Pain Jackson, Steven STL RB 1.13 13 Football Jones Bell, Tatum DEN RB 1.14 14 Quiet Drunks Davis, Domanick HOU RB 2.01 15 Quiet Drunks Moss, Randy MIN WR 2.02 16 Football Jones Brown, Chris TEN RB 2.03 17 Wheel of Pain Johnson, Larry KCC RB 2.04 18 TheJohnnyUtahs Johnson, Rudi CIN RB 2.05 19 Irish Cowboys Green, Ahman GBP RB 2.06 20 TheJohnnyUtahs Westbrook, Brian PHI RB 2.07 21 Patoons McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 2.08 22 The Chairman Jones, Thomas CHI RB 2.09 23 The Chairman Dillon, Corey NEP RB 2.10 24 Patoons Owens, Terrell PHI WR 2.11 25 LONGSHOTZ-VII Barber, Tiki NYG RB 2.12 26 Fighting Couch Potatoes VII Foster, De'shaun CAR RB 2.13 27 Straight Cash Homies Jordan, Lamont NYJ RB

In dynasty I'd take him early 3rd tho.
This is the ultimate dynasty question.This depends on the league, your priorities, etc.If you're going all out for 2005, sure.But are you willing to sacrifice the long term team?
Well, I just took the plunge on Holmes at pick 3.04, 32nd overall, just after guys like Barlow and Suggs were taken. I think he's worth the risk as my 3rd RB given that he can almost singlehandedly win fantasy games when he's playing. I can't pass up someone who can dominate for a year or two when I know that by the time he's gone I'll have figured out a way to still be just fine. I'm usually a pretty resourceful guy. ;) Any guarantees Barlow or Suggs will be starting RBs in 3 years either? Nope, and the same goes for RBs I could have taken afterward: Taylor, Martin, Henry, Duckett, Dunn, Bennett, O Smith, Staley. I'll take my chances with Priest.I would have taken Chad Johnson, and may have taken Andre Johnson (both gone), instead. I couldn't justify other WRs other than maybe Holt, but see the value declining much faster at RB than WR after this pick. You listening Tommy? I did it your way on the WR thing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey fellow misfits. any idea who 'the victors' are? and why does it take him six hours per pick?jon, quiet drunks

I saw your pick Bruce after lunch and ran right here.First of all I wanted to ask you if you decided on the "team" or if you are doing this draft alone? I'm suprised you stood pat in the 2nd round with the way RB's go off the board in this draft.KvJones, fine pick in the first round. Build your team around blah blah, good safe pick. Now your team has gone into the huge "what if" even in the early 3rd round.What are your thoughts on D.Foster? I just wouldn't be comfortable taking him in the 2nd round of a dynasty draft. Even given the starting reqs and # of teams in a Misfits dynasty league. Yes he has looked spectacular at times, but has he ever been in good health? Might have to go back to high school....not to mention the questions still with the microfracture surgery.....I am better about Holmes in the 3rd round than Foster in the 2nd. It seems to me with the Holmes pick and no young WR yet you are trying to win this thing in the 1st or 2nd year, but still have Kv Jones as the core which is fine. If this was the strategy possibly going with my plan of older reliable "good-value" WR's, there was a much better RB to take in the 2nd round than D.Foster.....IMO of course.Can't comment furthur at this time.

I saw your pick Bruce after lunch and ran right here.First of all I wanted to ask you if you decided on the "team" or if you are doing this draft alone?  I'm suprised you stood pat in the 2nd round with the way RB's go off the board in this draft.KvJones, fine pick in the first round.  Build your team around blah blah, good safe pick.  Now your team has gone into the huge "what if" even in the early 3rd round.What are your thoughts on D.Foster?  I just wouldn't be comfortable taking him in the 2nd round of a dynasty draft.  Even given the starting reqs and # of teams in a Misfits dynasty league.  Yes he has looked spectacular at times, but has he ever been in good health?  Might have to go back to high school....not to mention the questions still with the microfracture surgery.....I am better about Holmes in the 3rd round than Foster in the 2nd.  It seems to me with the Holmes pick and no young WR yet you are trying to win this thing in the 1st or 2nd year, but still have Kv Jones as the core which is fine.  If this was the strategy possibly going with my plan of older reliable "good-value" WR's, there was a much better RB to take in the 2nd round than D.Foster.....IMO of course.Can't comment furthur at this time.
The 'dream team' idea went out the window when the commish made it clear there could be no more than 2 owners/team. If I'd been allowed to do it, you and Brian would have been at the top of the list. Been there done that on the 2-co-owner thing though, so I just kept it at one.As for the Foster pick, he's someone I was targeting. I traded up to #3 overall to get KJones or McGahee, trading down in the 2nd in the process and hoping Foster would still be there (he wouldn't have been around in the 3rd I don't think, based on MOX 4-6 drafts). I could have chosen from a consensus list instead and ended up with maybe a safer choice, but I wanted to go with my own beliefs and let the chips fall where they may. Yes, past injuries make Foster is an injury risk. If that were not the case I wouldn't have been able to get him where I did, and I do need to back him up. We all have players we believe in, he's one I have a gut feeling about, and I'm targeting Foster in any league where I can get my hands on him as the 21st RB taken. Because of the injuries and previously playing behind Davis, he's now greatly undervalued IMO and I think this year his career is going to take off in a big way. John Fox believes in a strong running game, they have a very good defense when healthy, and Foster will be the #1 guy. In '03 Davis rushed for over 1,400 yards in 14 games with Carolina. Last year, even with all the injuries, Carolina RBs (mostly fullbacks) combined for nearly 1,500 yards. I haven't forgotten seeing Foster put up 32-174-1 last year in week 2 before he hurt his shoulder, so no worries about the microfracture surgery. Call me crazy but I think he has a real chance to put up 1,400/12 this year, and he just turned 25.

You must really be sold on Foster then, I'm not. Boom/bust pick, if you're trying to win it (as with the Holmes pick in Rd3), I would have picked the Vet. that was #4 last year in most leagues almost 2000 yards and 14 td's (better than your Foster predictions), still has a few years, and has 0 injury concerns. Good thing we didn't have to argue about this, because we would have.If everything falls into place for you with Foster, you will have a solid future with Jones/Foster, however with the Holmes pick, I would have went the safer route in round 2.

You must really be sold on Foster then, I'm not. Boom/bust pick, if you're trying to win it (as with the Holmes pick in Rd3), I would have picked the Vet. that was #4 last year in most leagues almost 2000 yards and 14 td's (better than your Foster predictions), still has a few years, and has 0 injury concerns. Good thing we didn't have to argue about this, because we would have.If everything falls into place for you with Foster, you will have a solid future with Jones/Foster, however with the Holmes pick, I would have went the safer route in round 2.
I have to admit, it's interesting that to my knowledge nobody in the 4 MOX leagues this year has gone for LT/KJ/McG + Tiki/Dillon + Priest in the first three rounds. That would be a pretty formidable favorite to walk away with the title in the first year, and possibly the second.

I have to admit, it's interesting that to my knowledge nobody in the 4 MOX leagues this year has gone for LT/KJ/McG + Tiki/Dillon + Priest in the first three rounds. That would be a pretty formidable favorite to walk away with the title in the first year, and possibly the second.
Good post although you are still overlooking who I put as one of the biggest values there is for the next season, two, maybe 3.....Also, someone that goes this route is still in great shape for a very good QB/WR combo in the 4th/5th, and then still end up with very good WR values along with having a good chance to take a top 2 def.The 1-4 spots should play to win in the first couple years, the 10-14 spots are great for the future. I hated the first few spots at first, but they have tons of potential. I'd still rather pick 12-14 though.

close...LONGSHOTZ-VII:SAlexander/Tiki/Freddiemoved out of the 3.4 hole that Bruce took the Padre in...hopefully the additional later picks(my draft is over in the 16th rd), along w/Freddie provide enough ammo to competehopefully my start to MOX-VII meets w/Tommy's approval! (as TO was taken right in front of me @ 2.10!)

Also, someone that goes this route is still in great shape for a very good QB/WR combo in the 4th/5th, and then still end up with very good WR values along with having a good chance to take a top 2 def.

The 1-4 spots should play to win in the first couple years, the 10-14 spots are great for the future. I hated the first few spots at first, but they have tons of potential. I'd still rather pick 12-14 though.
Great assessment and very true. However, the flurry of trades that saw several teams pick three times before I did (first pick) and the number of teams that will have picked 4/5 times before I will altered any win now option from the 1 slot. Couple that with how the initial rookie draft is handled and my approach at 1 and the turns changed drastically.

Excellent point(s), tommy, but, given I am still drafting, I am going to withold any deeper comments or explanations of what I saw; why and my course of action for the time being. It might tip my hand at this point but I will have an explanation after I complete the first portion of the draft. I surely want to pick this back up in a few days.

I find the order of the later 1st to 2nd rnd RB's interesting.1.12 S. Jackson1.13 T. Bell1.14 D. Davis2.02 C. Brown2.03 L. Johnson2.04 Rudi Johnson2.05 A. GreenJust some thoughts here...Green fell lower than expected. Bell has a lot of upside, but is no given. D. Davis has rumors that HOU staff not too crazy about him. C. Brown injury concerns.

close...LONGSHOTZ-VII:SAlexander/Tiki/Freddiemoved out of the 3.4 hole that Bruce took the Padre in...hopefully the additional later picks(my draft is over in the 16th rd), along w/Freddie provide enough ammo to competehopefully my start to MOX-VII meets w/Tommy's approval! (as TO was taken right in front of me @ 2.10!)
I love the start of your team ravnzfan. I applaud you with all of my respect. Where were these types of moves in MOX1???? At least you're learning! ;) Really, I can't say anything else to this, I don't consider you missing your 4th round pick because you have already made it. Of course without the 6th and 7th, the 5th round is important although I'm sure you'll still be able to round out your roster nicely. Still a couple directions to go depending on how the draft plays out.SA, Tiki, Freddie, and C-Mart......look out league for the next couple of years. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Alexander,Tiki,FTaylor and CMartgame on! :ph34r:
All I can say is... wow. Very impressive. :thumbup:That will be a start that will be hard to beat, barring injury.It is also true that the RB core will age quickly. Need to win the title this year or next (or both!). But, as you know, I am all for playing to win now and worrying about later later.

Good post although you are still overlooking who I put as one of the biggest values there is for the next season, two, maybe 3.....Also, someone that goes this route is still in great shape for a very good QB/WR combo in the 4th/5th, and then still end up with very good WR values along with having a good chance to take a top 2 def.The 1-4 spots should play to win in the first couple years, the 10-14 spots are great for the future. I hated the first few spots at first, but they have tons of potential. I'd still rather pick 12-14 though.
I had the 1.02 in MOX VI, and I traded back to 1.14 + the 1.01 rookie pick. I don't regret that trade in particular, but I'm not thrilled with my overall draft.One problem with the strategy I suggested is that if Priest doesn't make it to your second or third round pick your strategy looks a lot worse. For example, in MOX VI Priest went at 2.12 (not a bad pick for him, just higher than usual--in fact it will either be a brilliant or horrendous pick in hindsight, it's hard to say). Had I stuck with 1.02 in MOX VI, I would have probably ended with KJ/Suggs/Chad (this was before they tagged Abraham, so I probably wouldn't have taken Jordan, but I might have), which doesn't really put me in a great position to contend this year, nor am I likely to dominate the 1.12, 1.13 and 1.14 teams in a few years.

That is a sick start--and this from the guy who went STUD WR in all 6 of the other MOX drafts, I believe.I would not want to be a guy contending this year in MOX VII.You are living on borrowed time, but you have to be the odds-on favorite this year and maybe next.

That is a sick start--and this from the guy who went STUD WR in all 6 of the other MOX drafts, I believe.I would not want to be a guy contending this year in MOX VII.You are living on borrowed time, but you have to be the odds-on favorite this year and maybe next.
Honestly, my opinion on this one--at least one, maybe two or three of those guys is not starting by the end of this year. People forget how quickly the future comes for RB. The list from last year:Faulk, Davis, Henry--all considered great "value" last year when picked late. Not starting by the end of the year. The future will come quickly for all backs not named SA on that list, too. Maybe not this year. But maybe this year.

I agree with harrier here. Taylor and Martin are two guys that I view as prime injury risks next year. Martin in particular is a guy who seems likely to go down based on recent trends. That RB group is an impressive unit, but not one that figures to maintain its strength for very long.

Honestly, my opinion on this one--at least one, maybe two or three of those guys is not starting by the end of this year. People forget how quickly the future comes for RB. The list from last year:Faulk, Davis, Henry--all considered great "value" last year when picked late. Not starting by the end of the year. The future will come quickly for all backs not named SA on that list, too. Maybe not this year. But maybe this year.
That's sort of what I meant by borrowed time (both retirement & injury are concerns). He is the favorite but not a lock.I think these guys are obviously injury risks, but not locks to go down. Only C Mart is older than 31, and he has been pretty durable. I don't think any of them is as likely to get injured as Dillon.Yes, Martin & Barber did better than usual this year. And yes, there were some busts this year. However, I felt much less comfortable with Faulk going into this year than I would with these guys (I was SHOCKED that Faulk finished the year, and he hasn't looked even decent since 2002). Likewise with Davis--maybe I was just lucky, but I really thought he was going down this year, although unlike Faulk I think he still has some skills. The McGahee risk was there with Henry, and there's nothing like that with these guys barring something weird in the NFL draft.Looking at their average stats over the past three years, they put up on average 250 (Barber), 210 (Taylor & C Mart), and 280 (Shaun)--that's 950, or 880 when you ignore week 17.He also has a pick at 5.04 and then nothing until the 8th round. I don't want to get into predicting the draft because that's unfair to Steve, but let's say that he gets a top 10 WR (Edit: QB), and then pulls together 2-3 solid but old receivers (very possible with his picks). QB10 + WR25+WR26 +DEF10 + PK10 = 270 + 150 + 150 + 150 + 120 = 1670 total ignoring week 17, or 105 PPG. That would have made him the #2 guy in MOX III based on PPG.Is he a lock to win? Certainly not. I'd probably give him 30% odds, but that's better than everybody else I'd bet.

I love the start of your team ravnzfan. I applaud you with all of my respect. Where were these types of moves in MOX1???? At least you're learning! ;)
we drafted M-I 2 years ago, and from the 8 or 9 hole, I went MFaulk, SDavis, George, which was a 'win now' strategy at the timeSDavis played well, but Faulk got hurt...moved George in a trade, etc, etcit's not like we've never gone this route, but more about how I evaluate the talentpersonally, I think Owens just blows up next yr, with at least a 1500/18 type yr, or ~250 FF pointshad he been there at 2.11 (he went right before my pick), you'd have been yelling at me again about this---Tiki will have more combined yds than TO, but TO will score about 10 more TD's AND be around longer......I DIDN'T take 4 straight RB's just for the sake of doing so---Owens was damn near a LONGSHOT for the 4th time :ph34r:

I love the start of your team ravnzfan. I applaud you with all of my respect. Where were these types of moves in MOX1???? At least you're learning! ;)
we drafted M-I 2 years ago, and from the 8 or 9 hole, I went MFaulk, SDavis, George, which was a 'win now' strategy at the timeSDavis played well, but Faulk got hurt...moved George in a trade, etc, etcit's not like we've never gone this route, but more about how I evaluate the talentpersonally, I think Owens just blows up next yr, with at least a 1500/18 type yr, or ~250 FF pointshad he been there at 2.11 (he went right before my pick), you'd have been yelling at me again about this---Tiki will have more combined yds than TO, but TO will score about 10 more TD's AND be around longer......I DIDN'T take 4 straight RB's just for the sake of doing so---Owens was damn near a LONGSHOT for the 4th time :ph34r:
I hope you're right, as I own TO in my main league and could draft him this week in another (let's see, about 13 other owners in that league read this, so....) at the 15th pick. But how long do you see TO as an elite WR? 3 years will suffice, but can he have a Rice-type career?He's already 31, can he be productive at 35?

That RB group is an impressive unit, but not one that figures to maintain its strength for very long.
remember Funkster, I own a team in each league, so I DO try to shake up the components somewhat......I don't own any of these 4 on ANY other Misfit team of mineMy strategy in this league, drafting early in the odd rounds, was to try to get 3 solid RB starters who would have me in contention this yr--some of my other teams are longer term projects, so I wanted at least 1 team that at least on paper was going to provide a squad that could go deep, if things play out(which they rarely do, I know)...when I was trying to decide @3.8, due to a trade down from 3.4, between Taylor and Martin, I decided to try to get them both and made the trade that landed me back-to-back picks in the 3rdwe're talking about:RB1 SA (age 27)RB2 Tiki (29)RB4 CMart (31)RB20 Freddie(29)while not the most spry amongst RB's, I feel VERY confident this core will have me at or near the top for at least the next 2 or 3 years...if I can win once, it was worth it and if I pull off any more than that, then it was a ridiculous successremember, in 2018, someone will be looking for their first title in Misfits IV-VII......build for the future all you want, but at some point you have to say to yourself "THIS is the year"my yr will need to come sooner than most ;)

I agree with harrier here. Taylor and Martin are two guys that I view as prime injury risks next year. Martin in particular is a guy who seems likely to go down based on recent trends.
Please explain the "recent trends" you are referring to. Martin hasn't missed a game since 1998. Will he continue forever? Obviously not, but there is no evidence (or trend) whatsoever to suggest that he is a particular injury risk.Regarding Taylor, he will be turning 29 sometime this year, not at all close to RB over the hill age. He missed 2 games last year but played all 16 the 2 years prior. Please explain what makes him a "prime injury risk" when he has played 46 of his last 48 possible games.We all agree this core will age out quickly, but I think this has to be the favorite to win the title next year at this stage.

remember, in 2018, someone will be looking for their first title in Misfits IV-VII......build for the future all you want, but at some point you have to say to yourself "THIS is the year"my yr will need to come sooner than most ;)
VERY good point. Of course, if you don't win it now, that may be you. ;)Try a 32 or 24 team league. It will be 2036 or 2028 before everyone has their shot, assuming no repeats. How many owners will still be around? If the leagues even are.FWIW, I was building in one league, had 10 top 25 picks this year, plus S Jax, Perry, Eli, Clayton, and a few others. Looking good for the future.... But then the league folded. :hot:

I hope you're right, as I own TO in my main league and could draft him this week in another (let's see, about 13 other owners in that league read this, so....) at the 15th pick. But how long do you see TO as an elite WR? 3 years will suffice, but can he have a Rice-type career?He's already 31, can he be productive at 35?
@31, Owens was well onto his best year when a freak injury on a tackle by Cowboy S Roy Williams snapped his anklehe played 13 games, plus that portion of the 14th in which he got hurt...his totals this year:77-1200-14...he produces 20+ FF points in 4 games (high was 31), and in the teens on 5 other occasionsmany teams FF title hopes went down the drain w/that injury...despite missing 2 full and a portion of a 3rd, Owners finished as WR4 @204 FF points, less than 6 points behind WR2 Walker @ 210 and 34 behind WR1 Muhammad, who finished the year out of his mindconsider the seasons by a couple guys alittle older than Owens, and decide if TO is a 'better', 'same as', or 'lesser' talent:Joe Horn........33...94-1399-11Rod Smith......34....77-1144-7Jimmy Smith...35...74-1172-6finally, consider the Super Bowl performance of TO...9-122-0, on basically 1 leg, as he couldn't really plant and cut on the bad ankle...5 1/2 weeks after surgery to place pins in the ankle to hold it togetherI expect a HIGH level of production from TO for at least 3 more years, then 3 more years of declining production, as this guy has enough ego for any 5 of us and will want to remain in the spotlight as long as possible

FWIW, I was building in one league, had 10 top 25 picks this year, plus S Jax, Perry, Eli, Clayton, and a few others. Looking good for the future.... But then the league folded. :hot:
that just SUX! :hot: look for our thread next year OZ, in the Dating Game ForumMisfits VIII, IX and X will be put together...if there is an interest of course ;) we'd be damn glad to have you!

Users who are viewing this thread