What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty newbie - not sure what to do (1 Viewer)

iamkoza

Footballguy
i just joined a 10 team, 2qb dynasty league, ppr with small TE rec bonus. start: 2qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2 flex. i'm 4-0 but on paper i have a middle of the road roster that i dont think is good enough to win.

qbs: wentz, minshew, foles, rivers

rbs: a jones, hunt, rojo, james white, hines and a bunch of flyers

wrs: cooper, golladay, diggs, reagor, TY, preston williams, beasley, sanders

te: henry, graham, and flyers

draft capital:

2021: 2,3,3,4,5

2022: 1,2,2,4,5

It feels like i should sell off an asset or two for a high 2021 pick(s) but no one is really offering them, even for a jones (best offer i got so far was late 2021 first).  there's a tanking team that already has five 1sts next year so there arent a lot of 2021 1sts to be had in trades. If i'm reading the roster right i feel like the 3 wr's should have hopefully 2 more highly productive years (they're all 26 or 27). maybe i need to trade one of them to get 2021 draft capital or a package of younger players with potential?

I don't have much experience in dynasties but I would say if you are trying to win this year, with ur format and a couple of fa picks, ur pretty much set. 

But for years to come, I would say you could give away one of ur wide receivers because you have good depth for this year as well as one of ur 2nd or 1st rounders to trade up. But overall, you should be happy for this year.

One of things with dynasties that many people make a mistake on is looking too far into the future.  Many look at 4 or 5 year windows and I think that is way too long and will hurt you in the near term (as you suggested trading away your WR's because you think you only have 2 "highly productive" years).  I actually have a much narrower view and evaluate on 2 yr windows.  This year and next year only.  Too many things change due to injury, draft, coaching changes, free agency, etc that it makes it impossible to really plan for much more than that.

The other thing is the "rebuild".  Most of the teams that try and rebuild are always in rebuild mode and never play for the current year.  They are always making moves for the future and never get there.  They pull the trigger to move guys too soon and will never take the veteran that provides immediate help because they are "old".   Acquiring these guys are the key to always being in the mix for the title.  They come cheap and can bring you a title. 

Now, onto your team...…..your weakest spot is QB and you have serviceable matchup plays to get you through.  If you can upgrade there without giving up the farm I would try and do that.  RB's look good now that Chubb is out for the next 6 weeks.  Hunt and Jones should be an awesome duo that gives you the advantage over almost any other team.  You are also nicely set at WR with younger studs in Golladay & Cooper as well as a nice upper tier flex in Diggs. 

I wouldn't punt on this year at all and I think you are nicely positioned for the next couple years. 

Users who are viewing this thread