What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty PPR Trade Advice (1 Viewer)

johnadams

Footballguy
I'm looking to move a TE in my dynasty league, but the league members all seem to place a lower value on TEs than I (and some of the sites I've visited).  My team:

QB: Big Ben, Hoyer (hopefully getting Beathard), Tanny (IR)

RB: Leveon, CJ Anderson, Hyde, Peterson, Foreman, Duke Johnson

WR: OBJ (IR), Cooks, Pryor, Hogan, Kearse, JuJu, DeSean Jackson,

TE: Ertz, Kelce, Kittle

I need to upgrade at QB and WR but I'm struggling to get a good offer for Kelce or Ertz. 

One offer on the table is Kittle and Foreman for Crabtree, but I don't see that Crabtree give me anything that I don't already have.  Also, looking at Kelce for Jameis Winston though I haven't made this offer, but I'm struggling.  I just need some help in terms of assessing the right value for a top TE. 

PPR Scoring, pass TDs=6pts

What's your record? That ultimately helps me determine if you're in win-now mode or playing for next season.

Assuming you're playing for now, I don't hate the addition of Crabtree. While I like Kittle and Foreman more in the longterm, Crabtree gives you a solid floor that you could use. Pryor is unpredictable (saw some sites saying he's droppable in redraft), as are JuJu, Kearse and DJax. I'd probably do that one if the goal is to get an every week starter. 

And whatever you do, DO NOT deal Kelce for Winston. Kelce's dynasty value is significantly higher than Winston's. Realize you're struggling, but offer Ertz or Kittle + another piece before you deal your best TE for a QB who's hurt at the moment. 

TE's are going the way of QB's in terms of trade value.  There are very few that stand out (although you have 2 of them).  Many owners are satisfied with the waiver wire for TE's because they aren't that far off the majority of teams TE's so they aren't losing anything.  They also know you kind of need to move one of the stud TE's so I don't see them offering up their true worth. 

I think you are dealing with a bit of gamesmanship as well as an undervaluing by most regarding the TE position.  Don't give in especially if you can play both of them.  The right offer will come around but it may take some time.

Users who are viewing this thread