What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty QB Trade Advice (1 Viewer)

wombat104

Footballguy
14 Team Superflex League, 0.5 PPR:
Start:
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 RB/WR/TE
1 Flex (can be QB)

My current roster:

QB: Tua, Mac Jones, Trevor Sieman, Teddy Bridgewater, Skylar Thompson, Jimmy G
RB: B. Hall, Kyren Williams, JAylen Warren, Jonthan Brooks, AJ Dillon, Braelon Allen, Rico Dowdle, Keaton Mitchell, Emari Demercado, Zach Evans, Kenny McIntosh
WR: CeeDee, DJ Moore, Marquis Brown, Jakobi Meyers, MIchael Wilson, George Pickens, Alec Pierce, Jacob Cowing, Jalen Coker, Dontayvion Wicks, Sky Moore
TE: Dalton Schultz, Chigoziem Okonkwo, MIchael Mayer, Will Mallory

The Trade:
I get Brock Purdy and his 2nd rounder
I give Hall and my 1st rounder

Thoughts? I need a 2nd QB badly just not sure Purdy is the one to take my shot on.

Last edited:
What is the scoring like? By that I mean, are QB's head and shoulders better than other positions in terms of raw scoring? If the scoring is set up properly you shouldn't have to play a QB in the flex so it may not be mandatory.

However, if your scoring is heavily skewed to QB's then you could have some issues. At initial glance I think that offer is a bit much to give up. I might try and keep your 1st and exchange that for a 2nd and remove the pick from their side. So Hall & 2nd for Purdy. I still think that's a lot but in SF with QB values too high it could be what you have to do.

Thanks for the thought Gally, The top scorers from last year:
Josh Allen: 407
CMac: 378
Hurts: 368
CeeDee: 361
Dak; 359
Tyreek: 343
Lamar: 343
Love: 325
Purdy: 310
Goff: 304
Amon-Ra: 298
Stroud: 295
MAhomes: 294
Tua: 287
Baker Mayfield: 283
Sam Howell: 272
Trevor Lawrence: 268

For reference Hall scored 261 last year

The top scorers from last year:
So 13 of the top 17 scorers were all QB's including some that missed a few games. That is heavily skewed to QB's. I would offer up for Purdy and see what he counters with. I think the asking price is a bit high. I wonder if there is a 2nd tier QB you could get for a bit cheaper with 80-90% of the points of Purdy. I might try a lower tier QB - Baker type.

I agree with Gally that is too steep even for SF starting QB.
I would target another QB like D Watson, Mayfield or even Cousins.
Giving up B Hall and a 1st hurts long term
Maybe Kyren for Mayfield and a 3rd?

I agree, my original proposal was Hall for Purdy straight up and the counter was adding my 1st for his 2nd.

QB's are hoarded in the league and even getting an offer is a win.

Thanks all, I declined it.

He already countered with Hall, my 2nd and one of my team D's for Purdy...I'm thinking about that one.
I also threw out an offer to the Bryce Young owner...DJ Moore for Young.

Users who are viewing this thread