What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty REJECTED Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

pizzatyme

Footballguy
i think it may be just as important to gauge value on some of the rejected trades out there. While we have a thread for completed trades, this one will show us if we are over-valuing our guys potentially. Please spare the ridiculous offers as suggested. I think this can be very useful if used properly.

I'll come back with some specifics later but wanted to get the ball rolling. Please be specific in your league setup. Some in here get all bent if they don't know your life story. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. Maybe EDIT your original to say something about Rejected trades that people thought were fair value/reasonable value? Don't want to waste time reading about all the lowball crap offers that people rejected that belong in worst dynasty trade offer thread, etc.

For some perspective, Team B only has 4 picks in this years draft (1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th). Gresham (TE1.5PPR) is better than their existing TEs. VJax would be a WR3 for them. I viewed it as giving them the chance to grab extra picks since some teams are stacked and will be cutting good players plus have the ability to snag some of the deeper rookie picks. Maybe I asked to much?

Team A
Jackson, Vincent (WR), TB
Gresham, Jermaine (TE), CIN
2015 6th Round Draft Pick 6.2
2015 5th Round Draft Pick 5.2
2015 6th Round Draft Pick

Team B
2016 2nd Round Draft Pick
2015 3rd Round Draft Pick 3.6

For some perspective, Team B only has 4 picks in this years draft (1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th). Gresham (TE1.5PPR) is better than their existing TEs. VJax would be a WR3 for them. I viewed it as giving them the chance to grab extra picks since some teams are stacked and will be cutting good players plus have the ability to snag some of the deeper rookie picks. Maybe I asked to much?

Team A
Jackson, Vincent (WR), TB
Gresham, Jermaine (TE), CIN
2015 6th Round Draft Pick 6.2
2015 5th Round Draft Pick 5.2
2015 6th Round Draft Pick

Team B
2016 2nd Round Draft Pick
2015 3rd Round Draft Pick 3.6
Just doesn't seem to me the kind of trade someone with a weaker team needs to make. It's not outrageous but, other than volume, doesn't do much for me. Gresham, to me, is pretty much waiver wire material even with the 1.5 PPR. VJax is at this point of his career a good WR3 and great WR4. And the draft picks are way too late. If other teams in the league are stacked it's because teams trade away high picks for aging players with not much upside. If he trades away his 2nd next year, he's right back in the same predicament. Not a horrible offer but I see why it was rejected.

I like the idea of the thread and might be more helpful than the completed trade thread if used properly.

12 Team PPR, IDP (6 points for sacks, big play type scoring)

Team A:

Forte, Matt CHI RB

Austin, Tavon STL WR

Team B:

Shazier, Ryan PIT LB

Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick

Year 2016 Round 2 Draft Pick

I rejected all of these. 12-team PPR league (1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1flex, 1te).

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Sammy Watkins

Jason Witten

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Odell Beckham

Give:
Dez Bryant

Get:

Jordan Matthews

Kelvin Benjamin

Jason Witten

My team is definitely rebuilding (pretty much have Dez, Green, Cruz, and a bunch of junk, although I do have 1.02, 1.05, 2.02, and 2.10 in the upcoming rookie draft) so people seem to be looking to offer multiple pieces for one of those studs. Not a bad strategy but I want to at least see what happens with this year's rookies before giving up on rolling those two studs out there every week.

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Sammy Watkins

Jason Witten

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Odell Beckham

Give:

Dez Bryant

Get:

Jordan Matthews

Kelvin Benjamin

Jason Witten

My team is definitely rebuilding (pretty much have Dez, Green, Cruz, and a bunch of junk, although I do have 1.02, 1.05, 2.02, and 2.10 in the upcoming rookie draft) so people seem to be looking to offer multiple pieces for one of those studs. Not a bad strategy but I want to at least see what happens with this year's rookies before giving up on rolling those two studs out there every week.
The only one close for me is the AJ 1.2 for ODB deal.

Offered Julius Thomas, 2.8, 2.11 for Jimmy Graham. Hasnt officially been rejected yet, but I am told will be countered.

Offered Julius Thomas, 2.8, 2.11 for Jimmy Graham. Hasnt officially been rejected yet, but I am told will be countered.
If I'm the Graham owner, I reject that too. Late 2nds aren't that appealing to me.
I dont disagree. Trying to feel him out a little. He traded for Graham late last year, and got virtually nothing out of him. Of course, the same would have been true had he traded for Thomas.

pizzatyme said:
FreeBaGeL said:

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Sammy Watkins

Jason Witten

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Odell Beckham

Give:

Dez Bryant

Get:

Jordan Matthews

Kelvin Benjamin

Jason Witten

I think the Watkins one is pretty decent though would have asked for a 2nd rounder ilo Witten if you're rebuilding

FreeBaGeL said:

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Sammy Watkins

Jason Witten

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Odell Beckham

Give:

Dez Bryant

Get:

Jordan Matthews

Kelvin Benjamin

Jason Witten

I would be loathe to move AJG in either of the first two offers especially the ODB offer. AJG & one of Gurley, Gordon or Cooper for ODB & ?. No thanks.

The Dez one is a bit light to me too but i could see working something there. Dez, 2.10 for Mathews, Benjamin, 1.04, 2.01. If you want a stud you have to pay for it. Leaves you with AJG, Matthews, Benjamin, Cruz, 1.02, 1.04, 1.05, 2.01, 2.02. Would help the rebuild and still have good stable assets.

pizzatyme said:
FreeBaGeL said:

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Sammy Watkins

Jason Witten

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Odell Beckham

Give:

Dez Bryant

Get:

Jordan Matthews

Kelvin Benjamin

Jason Witten

And that to me is the one that makes no sense for this team at all. The rest all have merit because of getting more than a piece. I agree that Witten is of no use and a different piece needs to be in the puzzle. Not saying I would take them but I think they both have merit. The Beckhum one is taking advantage of hype IMO and easy to reject.

If I'm the Graham owner, I reject that too. Late 2nds aren't that appealing to me.
I dont disagree. Trying to feel him out a little. He traded for Graham late last year, and got virtually nothing out of him. Of course, the same would have been true had he traded for Thomas.
Graham is a tough one to trade for right now. His value is probably as low as it has been but not so low that he can be had for really cheap. I think this was a good first offer, maybe a tad low, but not insulting. Curious to see his counter.

FFPC 1.5 PPR TE league offered Thomas and 1.11 for Graham to an owner taking over an existing team that is closer to a rebuild than a contender so was hoping it made some sense. Was ultimately rejected.

FFPC 1.5 PPR TE league offered Thomas and 1.11 for Graham to an owner taking over an existing team that is closer to a rebuild than a contender so was hoping it made some sense. Was ultimately rejected.
That one to me is pretty even if you believe in JT. Maybe he didn't?

Graham is a tough one to trade for right now. His value is probably as low as it has been but not so low that he can be had for really cheap. I think this was a good first offer, maybe a tad low, but not insulting. Curious to see his counter.
That wouldn't be close for me. Neither would the JT and 1.11 for Graham. I think the chasm is still much wider than that. Though I'm not much of a Julius Thomas fan.

That wouldn't be close for me. Neither would the JT and 1.11 for Graham. I think the chasm is still much wider than that. Though I'm not much of a Julius Thomas fan.
Same thoughts. Julius Thomas is so TD dependent and who knows what will happen once Manning is gone. Plus he gets hurt a lot.

Same thoughts. Julius Thomas is so TD dependent and who knows what will happen once Manning is gone. Plus he gets hurt a lot.
Graham is not nearly as TD dependent, but he has similar concerns with an aging and declining QB as well as similar injury concerns.

Graham is not nearly as TD dependent, but he has similar concerns with an aging and declining QB as well as similar injury concerns.
yes but there is an enormous difference between a guy who can only put up 600-800 yards and one who puts up 1,100-1,300.

Julius Thomas might not even be start-able without Manning, whereas Graham is diversified and dominant enough to put up decent numbers with any QB.

FreeBaGeL said:

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Sammy Watkins

Jason Witten

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Odell Beckham

Give:

Dez Bryant

Get:

Jordan Matthews

Kelvin Benjamin

Jason Witten

Deal dez and green for a bunch of current and future firsts

12 Team PPR, IDP (6 points for sacks, big play type scoring)

Team A:

Forte, Matt CHI RB

Austin, Tavon STL WR

Team B:

Shazier, Ryan PIT LB

Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick

Year 2016 Round 2 Draft Pick
If this is a rookie draft you're not even in the same stratosphere. If each team keeps 2 or so it's pretty fair.

12 tm 0.5 ppr, bonus for long td and high yardage games, can start 2 TEs using WR/TE flex

he rejected JThomas + KAllen for 1.1 (his TE are Ebron and Gresham and his WR are Cruz, Wallace, LaFell, Andre)

he countered and I rejected 1.1 for Dez

12 tm 0.5 ppr, bonus for long td and high yardage games, can start 2 TEs using WR/TE flex

he rejected JThomas + KAllen for 1.1 (his TE are Ebron and Gresham and his WR are Cruz, Wallace, LaFell, Andre)

he countered and I rejected 1.1 for Dez
I am starting to think the top three picks are overrated this year. JT and Allen is a nice offer for pick 1.

Pick one for dez is a bad offer on his part

That one to me is pretty even if you believe in JT. Maybe he didn't?
Personally I think Graham is way better than Thomas and if not way better has a considerably safer feel to him right now. I only made the offer because this is a new owner taking over a team and I often see great deals had with new owners which only makes sense because they inherited these players instead of picking them. Like I said I hoped he was looking to rebuild and would value the 1.11 and getting a few years younger with Thomas. He did not and I think he was right.

I made two counter offers which I think answers the question of if he believed in JT and the answer is no or he's huge on Eifert. I don't know this owner but one offer I made him I think most would feel I'm over paying and I felt it would be accepted. That offer was JT for Eifert and 2.7. That was rejected along with an offer I was less confident would be accepted which was JT for Eifert and Spiller. He's an Eifert believer and again I think he's right because I am as well but still I can see the JT for Eifert and 2.7 trade being one of those trades I'm glad I did not make.

I notice a lot of people turn down trades hoping for more only to settle for less. Bad team management i just sent 1.11 2.02 and 2016 first (probably a mid first) for 1.06 and got rejected. Two first and another top 15 pick for a pick not even in the top 5.

I notice a lot of people turn down trades hoping for more only to settle for less. Bad team management i just sent 1.11 2.02 and 2016 first (probably a mid first) for 1.06 and got rejected. Two first and another top 15 pick for a pick not even in the top 5.
Why would you even offer that, and why on Earth didnt he accept it?

Why would you even offer that, and why on Earth didnt he accept it?
I think you dodged a bullet with that not being accepted.

I would have turned that down too. :shrug:

Traditionally, there is a consensus about the first 6-8 players that most experts, rankings and mocks agree on. The 1.06 is sometimes in the second tier of rookies but usually no worse than the third. In most years (2014 being an outlier) there a steep talent drop off after the 1.08 to the point that the selections taken at 1.11 and 2.02 can show a wide variance of players and have a much higher bust rate than the 1.06. I would rather take my chances on the 3rd or 4th best RB or WR at 1.06 (or one of the top two TEs) than what would be available five slots later. And the 2016 being "probably a mid first" could just as well be a late first.

Based on the prior responses I don't expect much agreement with my position, but I have been in dynasty leagues since 2003 and have done well with my approach.

Wilson, Marquess (WR), CHI
Sanders, Emmanuel (WR), DEN

for

Allen, Keenan (WR), SD
Bryant, Martavis (WR), PIT
2015 Pick 1.09 Draft Pick

Should this be in the "worst trade offered" thread?

Just rejected...

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Demaryius Thomas

Bishop Sankey

To the guy's credit, I am incredibly thin at RB, but I actually think there will be options at least as good as Sankey there at 1.05 this year and I prefer Green to DT.

Just rejected...

Give:

AJ Green

Get:

Demaryius Thomas

Bishop Sankey

To the guy's credit, I am incredibly thin at RB, but I actually think there will be options at least as good as Sankey there at 1.05 this year and I prefer Green to DT.
Green side easily

Tight end premium league. Offered Watkins, Eifert and Allen Robinson to a rebuilding team for Jimmy Graham and a 2016 1st in the 1.08-1.12 range.

Tight end premium league. Offered Watkins, Eifert and Allen Robinson to a rebuilding team for Jimmy Graham and a 2016 1st in the 1.08-1.12 range.
I would probably take that, but I would countered before i accepted and offered a 2nd in place of the 1st.

I would probably take that, but I would counter first offer a 2nd in place of the 1st.
Thought it was a strong offer, doubt he gets better. His counter was Cooks in place of Robinson which I rejected.
I would have tried that too since I like Cooks, but it is a strong offer especially for a first offer.

I would probably take that, but I would counter first offer a 2nd in place of the 1st.
Thought it was a strong offer, doubt he gets better. His counter was Cooks in place of Robinson which I rejected.
I would have tried that too since I like Cooks, but it is a strong offer especially for a first offer.
We've been around a few times. Also offered Watkins and Eifert for just Graham. Few others. If it's not right, it's not right. His guy, he can ask what he wants.

I would have turned that down too. :shrug: Traditionally, there is a consensus about the first 6-8 players that most experts, rankings and mocks agree on. The 1.06 is sometimes in the second tier of rookies but usually no worse than the third. In most years (2014 being an outlier) there a steep talent drop off after the 1.08 to the point that the selections taken at 1.11 and 2.02 can show a wide variance of players and have a much higher bust rate than the 1.06. I would rather take my chances on the 3rd or 4th best RB or WR at 1.06 (or one of the top two TEs) than what would be available five slots later. And the 2016 being "probably a mid first" could just as well be a late first.

Based on the prior responses I don't expect much agreement with my position, but I have been in dynasty leagues since 2003 and have done well with my approach.
Right i definitely dont agree. Even if i knew that future 1st would be pick 12 that is an easy accept for me to take those picks.

Hopkins

for

This actually isn't a bad deal. It would never pass because people overvalue the top picks, but if you like Hopkins, it's a pretty on a VBD basis. Were you the offerer or offeree?
I see it as Hopkins for the 1.2; and the 1.10 and 2.2 for the 1.1. Even if you like Hopkins and are willing to pay 1.1 for him the 1.10 and 2.2 for 1.2 is cheap.

I'm in the 1.01 and 1.02 side of this. I received the offer. on first thought I didn't think it was close, but maybe I am undervaluing hopkins. Also, bad time to trade high picks from

a value perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread