What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

What's Jonathan Taylor's value to you guys right now?
I'm a contender and have a rebuilder looking to deal him for picks.
He's asking for a mid 1st and late second for him but I'm still leery of his situation since I'm looking for points now.

He's asking for a mid 1st and late second for him but I'm still leery of his situation since I'm looking for points now.
I think that offer is reasonable. I know you’re looking for points now but you gotta think long term as well. Taylor is only 24 and I think we can assume that he’ll be starting somewhere next year. I doubt you’ll be able to get someone as talented as Taylor for a mid/late first next year even with the late second added.

I think that offer is reasonable. I know you’re looking for points now but you gotta think long term as well. Taylor is only 24 and I think we can assume that he’ll be starting somewhere next year. I doubt you’ll be able to get someone as talented as Taylor for a mid/late first next year even with the late second added.
Someone in my league inquired about Taylor and I told him it would take at least a 1st rounder. Likely too high for a buyer due to all of Taylor’s question marks at this moment, but I think it’ll be rare for any Taylor owner to be looking to “sell low” at his current value.

Not to make this a "should I do this trade or not" question, but I'm curious about Kyler Murray's value in SF leagues. I'm being offered Kyler + 1st + 2nd (random) for my Burrow. I'm rebuilding so could really use more draft capital, and Burrow is my best asset to try and tier down to pick up some picks. Feels like there's a two tier difference between them to me though which makes me think I need to ask for more, but I'm fairly new to SF and I know the Burrows of the world are worth a ton...
Premium young QBs in a Superflex can often get more value than worth in a trade calculator because they are so rare. Having said that, I think Kyler Murray is super undervalued right now. He’s barely 26 and has a floor QB1 when starting with top 5 upside. This is also a super deep QB class and the WR class is strong as well. Picks this particular year are a little more valuable than this past season. If you think Murray will start for several more years, it’s probably worth the risk. However, you could probably squeeze at least another 2nd out of him but I would first add a 2025 1st round 2nd round swap then resort to another second. For Burrow, he’s never been a burner and now is racking up an injury history. As he ages, his rushing totals will continue to shrink. If he becomes purely a pocket passer he’s closer to Dak Prescott value than elite SF.

For this draft, Caleb Williams will be my #1 overall player in a SF the moment he is drafted. I would take Drake Maye over the vast majority of starting QBs as well.
Burrow is a player you rebuild around. He is far superior to Kyler and is still young. Don't give up a young top tier asset for a bunch of dart throws.
Kyler is younger than Burrow and this is the deepest QB draft of all time.

Last edited:
After "outplaying" Mahomes on Sunday night... :wink:
What are we doing with Zach Wilson?
Sell while the window is cracked open again? What are you looking for?
Buy after the positive showing? What would you be willing give up for him?

After "outplaying" Mahomes on Sunday night... :wink:
What are we doing with Zach Wilson?
Sell while the window is cracked open again? What are you looking for?
Buy after the positive showing? What would you be willing give up for him?
I just sold him today in a SF Dynasty League.

Gave: Wilson, Levis, TE Craft, 3rd rounder in 2024

Got: Sam Howell

I'm a Washington homer, but Howell showed me enough to believe he's the guy. Felt this was the window needed to get any type of return for Wilson (earlier in the year tried to shop and no one wanted him for anything)

Posting this here vs. trade thread - will take feedback on trade but also want to hear thoughts on trading in devy leagues and how to value devy players

Start QRRWWWT flex. 25 rosters. each year we draft up to 15 devys (within regular rookie draft) last devy generally goes by end of second round

By far my best dynasty team ever; helluva 5 year run; but decided to blow up now fearful of a loooong rebuild (I think devy's make the rebuild process longer). Was #1 in points at time of trade. Trades happened before week 4 games:

Gave Kamara, M. Evans
Got Stroud, Zay Flowers, 2024 second

Gave CMC, Diggs, D. Adams
Got G.Wilson, Kaytron Allen (devy), Ebuka (devy), 2024 1st, 2024 2nd

probably could have shopped around more on second deal but wanted to deal these guys before injuries; tried to trade in off season but no interest.

I think I am in playoffs in 2025 with core of:

Stroud

N. Singleton (devy)
K. Allen (devy)

Chase
GW
Zay
Ebuka (devy)
Evan Stewart (devy)

2024 1st x2
2024 2nd x3

#1 goal was to avoid a long rebuild. share any thoughts on valuation of devys, trade thoughts,

@dschuler - It doesn't matter that Kyler is younger than Burrow for me. I view Burrow as almost a lock to be a top 5ish QB for the next decade. I'm not sold on Kyler for the next decade. Running QB have a much higher frequency of breaking down and if they haven't developed as a passer they will not maintain value. The age point is that Burrow looks to be a pretty safe bet to be a top 5ish QB for the next decade.

@dschuler - It doesn't matter that Kyler is younger than Burrow for me. I view Burrow as almost a lock to be a top 5ish QB for the next decade. I'm not sold on Kyler for the next decade. Running QB have a much higher frequency of breaking down and if they haven't developed as a passer they will not maintain value. The age point is that Burrow looks to be a pretty safe bet to be a top 5ish QB for the next decade.
Burrow has had one fantasy football PPG finish inside the top ten in four years. He’s about to lose Tee Higgins. His rushing stats aren’t going to improve to supplement his fantasy point total. By every career metric he’s more of a low QB1 or high QB2 than a top 5 QB. Kyler probably isn’t going to be around in a decade, but when he’s on the field he offers more upside and at a small fraction of the cost. His Fantasy PPG are #3 2020, #4 2021, #7 2022. He averages much higher than Burrow. There is a real possibility Kyler has four or five good years.
I’ll put it this way, I would rather have Kyler Murray and 21 year old rookie Drake Maye than Joe Burrow.

Anyone buying/selling Puka recently? Drafted him with a 4th and will likely try to sell high before Kupp comes back.
I think this is a mistake for a number of reasons. 1. We have no idea when Kupp will be ready. 2. We have no idea how much Kupp will eat into Puka's targets. I highly doubt Puka is going to continue to get double digit targets every week, regardless if Kupp is back or not. But does he need 15 targets to be valuable? Does Kupp cut into Atwell's targets? Nobody knows. 3. Puka is doing things that nobody has ever done in the history of the game. I would be willing to bet that he will be on a majority of winning teams' rosters this year.

If you can get a WR1 for him, then great. I would not take anything less right now.

I think this is a mistake for a number of reasons. 1. We have no idea when Kupp will be ready. 2. We have no idea how much Kupp will eat into Puka's targets. I highly doubt Puka is going to continue to get double digit targets every week, regardless if Kupp is back or not. But does he need 15 targets to be valuable? Does Kupp cut into Atwell's targets? Nobody knows. 3. Puka is doing things that nobody has ever done in the history of the game. I would be willing to bet that he will be on a majority of winning teams' rosters this year.

If you can get a WR1 for him, then great. I would not take anything less right now.

Solid post. Found myself nodding in agreement.

Turned down an offer of Rashid Shaheed and Josh Reynolds for Davante Adams. I realize he’s 31 but that seems really light, besides costing 2 roster spots vs 1

ETA I’m 2-2 and not ready to rebuild, and if I was I should be able to get a better deal than this

Turned down an offer of Rashid Shaheed and Josh Reynolds for Davante Adams. I realize he’s 31 but that seems really light, besides costing 2 roster spots vs 1

ETA I’m 2-2 and not ready to rebuild, and if I was I should be able to get a better deal than this
And he dropped Reynolds this morning :lmao:

What is Brock Purdy's value in dynasty?
I am in a 14 owner 35 man idp dynasty league with a 2 offense flex so you can start 2qb's
I put an offer out from him for my 2024 and 2025 1sts
my qb's are carr, watson and rodgers. highest scoring team but taking a beating in the qb position and I suck at drafting qb's.
i tried for lamar, herbert and got no response. Lawerence just went for 2 1sts in this league.
I could possibly get goff, stafford or mayfield for 1 1st which is a good stop gap
other qb's are not an option as they are on teams competing.

what are your thoughts as I really dont watch much nfl anymore so just going by what i read

What is Brock Purdy's value in dynasty?
I am in a 14 owner 35 man idp dynasty league with a 2 offense flex so you can start 2qb's
I put an offer out from him for my 2024 and 2025 1sts
my qb's are carr, watson and rodgers. highest scoring team but taking a beating in the qb position and I suck at drafting qb's.
i tried for lamar, herbert and got no response. Lawerence just went for 2 1sts in this league.
I could possibly get goff, stafford or mayfield for 1 1st which is a good stop gap
other qb's are not an option as they are on teams competing.

what are your thoughts as I really dont watch much nfl anymore so just going by what i read
At this point, I think you're gonna need a high 1st and 2nd in 24 and a 2nd in 25 for Purdy. IMO, going for Goff is the smart move. Dude is 28 and is playing the best football of his life. He also has the stigma of being a Lions QB and a failed Rams QB, which turns off a lot of fantasy GMs. If you can get him for a mid to low 1st, I'd do that all day long.

What sort of value does Deshaun Watson currently hold?

In a superflex league he’s my QB2 but was drafted as QB1 at startup back in 2020 before the Houston holdout and legal issues. He’s still not the same and quite possibly never will be so I have owners swirling with young QBs/peer QBs for who he is now, and possibly picks. His opportunity leash feels longest of any trade options I see in immediate return, but I don’t know how to value him. What say you?

And he dropped Reynolds this morning :lmao:
That is an incredibly insulting offer. Adams should pull a late 1st to a contender at a minimum. Those two are borderline waiver fodder.

In a superflex league he’s my QB2 but was drafted as QB1 at startup back in 2020 before the Houston holdout and legal issues. He’s still not the same and quite possibly never will be so I have owners swirling with young QBs/peer QBs for who he is now, and possibly picks. His opportunity leash feels longest of any trade options I see in immediate return, but I don’t know how to value him. What say you?
A late 1st feels right

I'd hold. He's no different than someone like Bryce Young. I'd only move him if you have an embarrassment of riches at QB

A late 1st feels right

I'd hold. He's no different than someone like Bryce Young. I'd only move him if you have an embarrassment of riches at QB
Figured as much. Got some feelers including Dak and some change or Howell and a little more but it felt light and wondered if it was only me.

I’ve got the all-what-happened team this season so the vultures are out and selling some underperformers is tricky so I’m not selling at the bottom vs sneaking away with some value before a guy goes off a cliff.

A late 1st feels right

Figured as much. Got some feelers including Dak and some change or Howell and a little more but it felt light and wondered if it was only me.

I’ve got the all-what-happened team this season so the vultures are out and selling some underperformers is tricky so I’m not selling at the bottom vs sneaking away with some value before a guy goes off a cliff.
I'd be tempted to pivot to Dak "and some change". They both have their issues.

Get whatever you can while you still can. I don't care how long his leash is, he's no longer any good and can just decide at any point he doesn't feel like playing (like this week).

Eventually owners will wise up that just because the Browns did a Browns doesn't mean they have to.

14 man league
24 roster spots 1qb,1rb,3wr,1te, 1flex , k, def
.5 rec for wr/te
Middle of the pack but have been high score 2 of last 4 weeks despite having only 2 startable wrs
lamb , lockett , everyone else is crap this year

i hate getting crap lowball offers so I want to see if I am close before offering it to an owner who is out of it
1st and any wr on my roster for Terry McLaurin

i have an offer for my 1st for Marquise Brown sitting on the site that i can accept but i prefer terry

Last edited:
14 man league
.5 rec for wr/te
Middle of the pack but have been high score 2 of last 4 weeks despite having only 2 startable wrs

i hate getting crap lowball offers so I want to see if I am close before offering it to an owner who is out of it
1st and any wr on my roster for TMC

i have an offer for my 1st for Marquise Brown sitting on the site that i can accept but i prefer tmc
Sorry for being obtuse ... TMC - is that Terry McLaurin ??

I would love to get a 1st for Scary Terry! But I think that is overpay but your league appears to be more of a challenge (14 team league vs my 12).

Own Jordan Mason. McCaffrey owner is 6-0 and fairly light at RB. What sort of pick doesn't look ridiculous to ask?
I would happily give a 3rd. It has a little bit of value but nothing I really care too much to hold on to.

I would probably start with Mason and my 3rd for his late 2nd. If he doesn’t like that maybe get his 3rd. Below that, I would just hold onto Mason

14 man league
.5 rec for wr/te

i have an offer for my 1st for Marquise Brown sitting on the site that i can accept but i prefer tmc

I would love to get a 1st for Scary Terry! But I think that is overpay but your league appears to be more of a challenge (14 team league vs my 12).

Yes Terry , edited my post so its clear

Yeah a feel a 1st is a little overpay but my options are limited.
he is only 28 and 17th is wr scoring this year
The offer i have on the site is Marquise brown , 26 and 21st in wr scoring

Has anyone seen any LaPorta deals?

I would assume not many are dealing him, but looking to acquire him. I have Hockenson and Kmet, but feel LaPorta is better than both and will be for years to come.

I would assume not many are dealing him, but looking to acquire him. I have Hockenson and Kmet, but feel LaPorta is better than both and will be for years to come.
Relative to what he'd cost, he isn't enough of an upgrade on Hock or Kmet to bother making a trade in my opinion. Roll with those guys and keep your trade credit in your pocket for a more substantial upgrade at another position I think.

14 man league
.5 rec for wr/te

Yes Terry , edited my post so its clear

Yeah a feel a 1st is a little overpay but my options are limited.
he is only 28 and 17th is wr scoring this year
The offer i have on the site is Marquise brown , 26 and 21st in wr scoring
As a Scary Terry owner, the OC move had me with higher expectations than we are currently experiencing so I think making a move to acquire him is the right play. It just might take Wash more time to get the puzzle sorted & all the chips aligned.
I would move him for a mid-late 1st.

Relative to what he'd cost, he isn't enough of an upgrade on Hock or Kmet to bother making a trade in my opinion. Roll with those guys and keep your trade credit in your pocket for a more substantial upgrade at another position I think.
Agreed. I saw a LaPorta + late 2nd for Hock a few weeks ago but LaPorta owner is Win now

Drake London vs Michael Pittman.

Was talking with a buddy about these two and which we preferred. Pittman looking like the real deal and a target beast. London 4 years younger. Depending on where your dynasty team is might determine which player I'd rather have.

DLF Trade Finder showing deals that are basically LaPorta for a 1st + 2nd.
i offered that week 1 and was rejected. Of course that’s a 16 team TE-P league.

Also to be fair the owner said they wouldn’t do it for 2x 1sts because they had a man crush on him.

Which I completely understand.

Anyone laid eyes on Bijan trades lately? I bought the 1.01 before the draft last year for a song (1.02 +2.04). Recently got a fairly strong offer for him including some assets that would help out long term. This is a 2nd year rebuild team that is very mid at the moment, currently in a playoff spot. SF, start 11. QB, RB, WR, TE, SF, Flex x 6. Considering:

Give: Bijan + Nacua

Get: R White, J Cook, 2024 mid to high 1st, 2024 mid to high 2nd

As I write it out, it doesn't seem like nearly enough, but I think there are significant questions around both Bijan and Nacua to consider the trade. What have you seen in your leagues for Bijan?

Anyone laid eyes on Bijan trades lately? I bought the 1.01 before the draft last year for a song (1.02 +2.04). Recently got a fairly strong offer for him including some assets that would help out long term. This is a 2nd year rebuild team that is very mid at the moment, currently in a playoff spot. SF, start 11. QB, RB, WR, TE, SF, Flex x 6. Considering:

Give: Bijan + Nacua

Get: R White, J Cook, 2024 mid to high 1st, 2024 mid to high 2nd

As I write it out, it doesn't seem like nearly enough, but I think there are significant questions around both Bijan and Nacua to consider the trade. What have you seen in your leagues for Bijan?
Man I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I’d take that for Bijan alone. And I’m a bigger White fan than most.

Users who are viewing this thread