What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

I originally was going to post this in the rookie draft threads, but it's more useful to me here.

Looking at the Zealots ADP. If you look at the ADP column, the story that this particular format (1 QB) is telling me is that there is a tier break after the top 12.

Daniels/Caleb
Brooks/Benson
MHJ/Nabers/Odunze/Thomas/Worthy/McConkey/Coleman
Bowers

All have an ADP of 11 or better. Then there's EIGHT dudes with an ADP no better than 16, and no worse than 19.7. And THEN a 4 spot drop off to Roman WIlson. So another tier break.

I always have my own tiers, but knowing which way the wind is blowing is crucial, especially in making a trade. I have 9 and 12 (AHEM) in one league, and if I have a shot at my LEAST favorite of the 12 is the only one left, I have to assume someone else has him ranked higher than me. Let's say all those guys go, in whatever order, before me at 12. And Trey Benson is the one available. And I don't want him. I will assume I can make a better deal for this player, than the guy picking at 13 can get for any other player available.

Drafting in that 11-14 area, if one isn't in love with the options, should go fishing.

Also, 2nd rounds are going to be wild. Legette could go 11, or 20. AD Mithcell could go 12 or 24. Lot of fun.

If I had a pick around 11-14 I would definitely look to kick it to 2025 , especially if you can get a first somehow in 1QB. Is this what you were saying basically?

If I had a pick around 11-14 I would definitely look to kick it to 2025 , especially if you can get a first somehow in 1QB. Is this what you were saying basically?
Yes, and that's not really some hot take, most of us would trade late 1's for next year.

It was notable to me that the top 12 (in this one format, to be clear) looks fairly stable, then a lot of differing opinions.

@barackdhouse posted the beginning of our SharkPool FFPC draft (1QB, TE-P) in the “FFPC dyansty” thread, but thought I’d put my reply here for general discussion about the large “10 thru 20 tier” to get opinions on which ones stand above the rest in other’s minds…

Top 4 tier is: MHJr, Nabers, Odunze, Bowers in whatever order you please
5 thru 9 tier is: Thomas, Brooks, Worthy, Benson, McConkey in whatever order you please

To me, the above is as chalky a top 9 as you’ll find in a 1 QB/TE-P league.

From there, I think there’s a wide open 10 thru…sheesh…20-ish tier that’s all interchangeable from this group:
QBs: Williams, Daniels
RBs: Corum, Wright, Lloyd
WRs: Coleman, Pearson, Legette, Mitchell, Franklin

Out of that group, I personally like Coleman, Pearson, Corum and Legette in that order for my own “mini tier” within this group of 10.

Thoughts from others? Players were sleeping on that you think stand out?

Yes, and that's not really some hot take, most of us would trade late 1's for next year.

It was notable to me that the top 12 (in this one format, to be clear) looks fairly stable, then a lot of differing opinions.

Yes, I noticed the same thing ;)

I am struggling with what is better to have 8/12 for 4/19 in a 12 team PPR 1.5 TE IDP league.

A lot of people are down on Bowers and some "expert" sites do not even list him in the top 4 rookies even in TE premium leagues.

I traded away 8/12 for 4/19 and now having 2nd thoughts

Won't know how it plays out until July though

I am struggling with what is better to have 8/12 for 4/19 in a 12 team PPR 1.5 TE IDP league.

A lot of people are down on Bowers and some "expert" sites do not even list him in the top 4 rookies even in TE premium leagues.

I’ll take 4/19 every day, especially looking at my and mass raiders previous posts. There’s a tier from 12-19 or so (maybe 2 tiers, realistically) so you might just have to try to move up 1 or 2 spots from 19 to grab the same guy you would’ve taken at 12.

I’d grab Bowers there happily. I wouldn’t second guess this one - I think you did well. Affordable move-up, and Bowers would definitely be my target there in that format.

4/19 for sure and agree that I’d take Bowers if available in a 1.5 premium for sure.

I get the math on paper 4/19 should be > 8/12 but these non FFPC leagues I am in sometimes have squirrelly picks so you never know who will fall.
Last year someone traded away 2.01 + a future 1st for 1.06 then took Det LB Jack Campbell. I mean WOW what a terrible waste of assets trading away 2.01 and a future 1st to get a LB.
QB's tend to go higher in my non FFPC leagues as well and for good reason we have taxi squads so I can easily see Caleb as a 5-7 pick and Daniels as a 8-11 pick.
Now I have Mahomes so 1 of my factors was getting Caleb or Daniels at 12 was not as attractive for me already having Mahomes.
If the "big 10" go in the 1-11 range that I totally agree 12 and 19 are similar for me because I really don't want a QB there.
The question will be if 1 of the top 9 or 10 guys fall to 12 how that stacks up for a Bowers pick and 19. (So it would been 2 of the top 10 guys vs Bowers/19)
IDP are in the mix in the 2nd round so could push a guy down really hard to draft IDP until 3rd round for me they tend to never work out.
Like me taking Jarred Davis Det LB at 2.07 in 2017 over Mahomes :wall:
I guess you could say 7 years later I finally got him (cost me Burrow though)

Last year someone traded away 2.01 + a future 1st for 1.06 then took Det LB Jack Campbell. I mean WOW what a terrible waste of assets trading away 2.01 and a future 1st to get a LB.
Yeah, Campbell was hyped to the moon as the next great LB. He’s been ok, but nothing resembling a generational difference maker in IDP. I took Ernest Jones with very little fanfare in both my leagues as a late-ish round pick and he’s been significantly better.

That’s just a bad, bad trade.

Was that the Lions Hard Knocks year?

12 team SF TEP huge bench league (35) REBUILD basically from scratch
Traded up to get the 1.02 (1.06 +1.12)on the idea that the 1.01 team would draft MHJ given he already has 2 starting quality QBs. Welp, you know what they say about the best laid plans. 1.01 takes Caleb. After tossing around so trade down offers without much luck, I ended up taking MHJ with the idea that JJM would likely fall to my 1.07. Nope, he was taken at 1.04. Had the choice between Odunze and Bowers at the 1.07. Tossed out a crapload of offers to trade down into the 1.10ish range (would be targeting Nix) but couldn't get a deal done. Ended up taking Odunze at 1.07.

I'll take walking away from this first round with MHJ and Odunze. It's not what I expected or hoped, but I get two guys with WR1 talent that should be in the league for the next 10 years. I guess I also need to reevaluate my initial trade offers. I usually run things through a calc (yeah, I know) before I send an offer out just to make sure it's not hugely slanted either way, but I certainly got no traction in trading either pick.

Anyway, since I managed to miss out on both my targeted QBs in the 1st round this draft, who are you targeting as low cost, serviceable QBs for 24-25?

Traded up to get the 1.02 (1.06 +1.12)on the idea that the 1.01 team would draft MHJ given he already has 2 starting quality QBs. Welp, you know what they say about the best laid plans. 1.01 takes Caleb. After tossing around so trade down offers without much luck, I ended up taking MHJ with the idea that JJM would likely fall to my 1.07. Nope, he was taken at 1.04. Had the choice between Odunze and Bowers at the 1.07. Tossed out a crapload of offers to trade down into the 1.10ish range (would be targeting Nix) but couldn't get a deal done. Ended up taking Odunze at 1.07.

I'll take walking away from this first round with MHJ and Odunze. It's not what I expected or hoped, but I get two guys with WR1 talent that should be in the league for the next 10 years. I guess I also need to reevaluate my initial trade offers. I usually run things through a calc (yeah, I know) before I send an offer out just to make sure it's not hugely slanted either way, but I certainly got no traction in trading either pick.

Anyway, since I managed to miss out on both my targeted QBs in the 1st round this draft, who are you targeting as low cost, serviceable QBs for 24-25?
At that point you’re probably best waiting for Rattler, but if you’re looking for affordable QB help, the best bets are probably
• Stafford - age/injury concern makes him affordable, upside is QB1 any given sunday
• Geno - could crash and burn and get replaced by Howell. Upside is what he was 2 years ago. Good weapons. Maybe go Pokémon and collect them both?
• Baker Mayfield - still relatively affordable, good weapons, locked in job
• AOC/Minshew - see Howell/Geno - better as a set.
• Brissett - could get you 3 starts, could be a QB2 all year

At that point you’re probably best waiting for Rattler, but if you’re looking for affordable QB help, the best bets are probably
• Stafford - age/injury concern makes him affordable, upside is QB1 any given sunday
• Geno - could crash and burn and get replaced by Howell. Upside is what he was 2 years ago. Good weapons. Maybe go Pokémon and collect them both?
• Baker Mayfield - still relatively affordable, good weapons, locked in job
• AOC/Minshew - see Howell/Geno - better as a set.
• Brissett - could get you 3 starts, could be a QB2 all year
Not a fan, but could add Russell Wilson to this list. Or if you really dislike Wilson, bet against him and see what Fields costs. Or be daring and get both...no, dont do this. Really, i was kidding, dont do that.

A
Or be daring and get both...no, dont do this. Really, i was kidding, dont do that.
Same approach to Geno+Howell, or AOC+Minshew, just likely more expensive. It’s not the worst idea.

Issue is it seems like most fields owners are holding.

No its not, and in Pittsburgh it might be better as one of them will be there for multiple years. I think Pittsburgh would prefer it be Fields, but if he doesn't work out and Wilson shows something he could be the guy for the next few years. And if so, Fields moves on to maybe a spot where he is viable. Dammit HSG, you made me come full circle. Atleast compared to similar situations.

A
Or be daring and get both...no, dont do this. Really, i was kidding, dont do that.
Same approach to Geno+Howell, or AOC+Minshew, just likely more expensive. It’s not the worst idea.

No its not, and in Pittsburgh it might be better as one of them will be there for multiple years. I think Pittsburgh would prefer it be Fields, but if he doesn't work out and Wilson shows something he could be the guy for the next few years. And if so, Fields moves on to maybe a spot where he is viable. Dammit HSG, you made me come full circle. Atleast compared to similar situations.
I roster fields in 2 SF leagues - for a dude everyone claims to hate in FF, it’s weird I’ve received a dozen offers in each league for him.

None worth accepting, but still…

Dynasty, but necessarily long term, what are your opinions on the Chargers TE situation. Seems there is an opportunity there based on the OC and scheme. And these guys are CHEAP. Have a preference? Worth gambling on to see how camp develops?

Atleast compared to similar situations
Yeah, I mean in some ways it could be better to have Russ+Fields. As you mentioned, fields could be long-term starter in PIT.

And Russ would move on to another QB-needy team.Or Russ is the long-term solution & Fields moves on to a starting job.

With Geno+Howell, if Howell takes over, Geno is probably cooked.

Likewise with AOC+Minshew. I actually don’t see either of those dudes as long-term solutions. Both may end up worthless in a couple seasons.

Dynasty, but necessarily long term, what are your opinions on the Chargers TE situation. Seems there is an opportunity there based on the OC and scheme. And these guys are CHEAP. Have a preference? Worth gambling on to see how camp develops?
I like Hurst. They’ve both shown flashes. I was surprised Hurst didn’t do well in ATL, as I liked him in BAL. He showed a bit more in Cinci. He could end up being the guy in LAC.

Dissly is surprisingly listed as the starter, but dude’s never had more than 34 receptions in a year, which he did once. Otherwise he’s never had more than 24 in a year.

If I had to target one I’d probably target Hurst, but yeah - I’d wait to see how things shake out in camp.

Last edited:
A

Pittsburgh prob would prefer it would be Fields b/c he's 10 years younger, but it won't be.

Last edited:
Could use a sanity check. Wanted to price check Joe Mixon and whether I should even bother at his age and mileage?

I don’t need a RB and really should probably get younger, but I’m a Texans fan so it’d be a luxury. Looking at comparable value backs I see one I roster, Jaylen Warren. Gives the Mixon owner a younger back or do I just stand pat and keep the younger guy?

I originally was going to post this in the rookie draft threads, but it's more useful to me here.

Looking at the Zealots ADP. If you look at the ADP column, the story that this particular format (1 QB) is telling me is that there is a tier break after the top 12.

Daniels/Caleb
Brooks/Benson
MHJ/Nabers/Odunze/Thomas/Worthy/McConkey/Coleman
Bowers

All have an ADP of 11 or better. Then there's EIGHT dudes with an ADP no better than 16, and no worse than 19.7. And THEN a 4 spot drop off to Roman WIlson. So another tier break.

I always have my own tiers, but knowing which way the wind is blowing is crucial, especially in making a trade. I have 9 and 12 (AHEM) in one league, and if I have a shot at my LEAST favorite of the 12 is the only one left, I have to assume someone else has him ranked higher than me. Let's say all those guys go, in whatever order, before me at 12. And Trey Benson is the one available. And I don't want him. I will assume I can make a better deal for this player, than the guy picking at 13 can get for any other player available.

Drafting in that 11-14 area, if one isn't in love with the options, should go fishing.

Also, 2nd rounds are going to be wild. Legette could go 11, or 20. AD Mithcell could go 12 or 24. Lot of fun.

In one start TEP leagues, FFPC I had it like this:

Tier one: MHJ and Nabers
Tier two: Odunze and Bowers
Tier three: Brooks and Thomas
Tier four: Benson, Ladd, Worthy and Coleman

After the NFL draft I had two pick 10's, 3 11's and a 12.

I ended up only making one of those picks, a 10.

I did strike out mightily however in trying to get 2025 picks, mainly used all of those picks to move up but one I just moved back. Also packaged an 8 to move up.

My only slight regret is one league I packaged the 8 and 11 to move up to 4(Bowers) was a league where both of my tier 3 players(Brooks and Thomas) made it to 8 and the league I packaged a 10 and12 to move up was a league were Brian Thomas made it to 10.

Honestly I was ok drafting one of those tier 4 players in round one, but I was really only excited about the 6 players in tier 3 and above.

First off, I want to admit to being a complete dynasty noob. I'm using this to get more interested in college football + NFL since unlimited transfers make following college basketball/football less fun overall. I've played some fantasy football over the years, but I'm primarily a fantasy baseball guy.

I say all that to say, is there a way to bet on whether a 1st rounder will get his 5th year option picked up? I get why the fantasy community is excited about Jayden Daniels. He's got 2 or 3 years of rushing potential. I get why the SF dynasty community likes Bo Nix. He'll be a consistent starter for two years. But big yikes on the NFL liking these guys. Not NFL prospects until they blew up being way older than level? Fantasy baseball players can lecture NFL executives about a prospect that we liked when he was 23 and destroyed AA. Maybe 1% of those guys work out. I'll give Penix a slight pass because he was at least mentioned as an NFL prospect last year. Daniels was only mentioned in how he might lose his job. (As an aside, a strong counter argument to me is that JD held off a really good back up who might be a Heisman guy/1st round pick next year. But sort of the point is that being older that your level is a HUGE advantage).

I know that ultimately I'm wrong. NFL teams spend millions on solving these questions with guys who know football and crunch data that I can't comprehend. But what would Trey Lance have done in the Big 12 last year? Justin Field is a few months older than Bo Nix. What would he have done at Oregon State last year? Again, I know I'm wrong. Any help in showing me why I don't know what I'm talking about?

ETA:forget my Fields/Lance comparisons. They went early in the draft. Sam Howell is 23.7 years old. Nix is 24.2. Daniels is 23.4. Put Sam Howell on Texas or Alabama last year. Where does he go in the draft? And I like Sam Howell.

Last edited:
Could use a sanity check. Wanted to price check Joe Mixon and whether I should even bother at his age and mileage?

I don’t need a RB and really should probably get younger, but I’m a Texans fan so it’d be a luxury. Looking at comparable value backs I see one I roster, Jaylen Warren. Gives the Mixon owner a younger back or do I just stand pat and keep the younger guy?
He should have a big year in HOU. That said, if you don’t need him, why go out of your way to get older?

I’d probably hold Warren, personally.

First off, I want to admit to being a complete dynasty noob. I'm using this to get more interested in college football + NFL since unlimited transfers make following college basketball/football less fun overall. I've played some fantasy football over the years, but I'm primarily a fantasy baseball guy.

I say all that to say, is there a way to bet on whether a 1st rounder will get his 5th year option picked up? I get why the fantasy community is excited about Jayden Daniels. He's got 2 or 3 years of rushing potential. I get why the SF dynasty community likes Bo Nix. He'll be a consistent starter for two years. But big yikes on the NFL liking these guys. Not NFL prospects until they blew up being way older than level? Fantasy baseball players can lecture NFL executives about a prospect that we liked when he was 23 and destroyed AA. Maybe 1% of those guys work out. I'll give Penix a slight pass because he was at least mentioned as an NFL prospect last year. Daniels was only mentioned in how he might lose his job. (As an aside, a strong counter argument to me is that JD held off a really good back up who might be a Heisman guy/1st round pick next year. But sort of the point is that being older that your level is a HUGE advantage).

I know that ultimately I'm wrong. NFL teams spend millions on solving these questions with guys who know football and crunch data that I can't comprehend. But what would Trey Lance have done in the Big 12 last year? Justin Field is a few months older than Bo Nix. What would he have done at Oregon State last year? Again, I know I'm wrong. Any help in showing me why I don't know what I'm talking about?

ETA:forget my Fields/Lance comparisons. They went early in the draft. Sam Howell is 23.7 years old. Nix is 24.2. Daniels is 23.4. Put Sam Howell on Texas or Alabama last year. Where does he go in the draft? And I like Sam Howell.
I think you're confusing age/maturity with some essential skills that QBs need to play the game at the NFL level. First off, QB is very likely the hardest position to play in any sport. It requires extremes in intelligence, processing, anticipation as well as high level athleticism. Athletic ability alone can get some guys into the upper echelon of QBs at the college level, but it simply doesn't work in the NFL where EVERYONE is that level of athlete. That is confounded with the fact that, given the current ruleset, QB is the most important position on the field. Mix in that MAYBE 10 QBs per year are even draftable and the evaluation process is incredibly difficult. That leaves scouting teams and QB needy teams overlooking red flags in an effort find "their guy".
The saving grace right now for NFL teams is that rookie contracts are fixed. They know they have a certain percentage of the salary cap to commit to rookie QBs and can be judicial with the money they spend elsewhere. So, for the NFL, trial by fire and often crashing and burning is, in effect, acts like minor league baseball.

Yeah, I mean in some ways it could be better to have Russ+Fields. As you mentioned, fields could be long-term starter in PIT.

And Russ would move on to another QB-needy team.Or Russ is the long-term solution & Fields moves on to a starting job.

Likewise with AOC+Minshew. I actually don’t see either of those dudes as long-term solutions. Both may end up worthless in a couple seasons.
My league mates have figured out that I'm QB needy, apparently. Woke up to a couple offers this AM.

Give: MHJ
Get: Nabers, Levis, and 25 2nd

and

Give: Odunze, 25 1st
Get: Daniels, McConkey

Gotta do some serious thinking this AM...

My league mates have figured out that I'm QB needy, apparently. Woke up to a couple offers this AM.

Give: MHJ
Get: Nabers, Levis, and 25 2nd

and

Give: Odunze, 25 1st
Get: Daniels, McConkey

Gotta do some serious thinking this AM...
In my SF league, I am taking both offers

Harrison to Nabers. In my home draft I picked 1.4. Fully expected Nabers. If top team goes QB-QB(which he did) @ 3 goes Harrison which he did not, than I am trading 1.4 who wanted Bowers to 1.5 and exchanged supposed late 25 3rd rounder for projected earlier(14 to 5-7). I got Harrison but if offered Nabers/2nd, I am taking. Levis is pure bonus

#2 just fits your needs. I am not a Daniels fan but if McCarthy. All over. I traded 13-22 for 8-30 during draft to get McCarthy for someone who wanted Coleman. Daniels was the 1.2 pick.

I think personally I lean towards #1 as even though love Harrison, my love for Nabers is only slightly less

He should have a big year in HOU. That said, if you don’t need him, why go out of your way to get older?

Yeah, to be clear, I’m a Texans fan and now the league is in on wanting my team’s guys. RB is why I won my league (CMC, Hall, Conner, Kyren, Warren) so I really am not hurting there.

In the vein of having fun and turning over some guys it was mostly curious as to Mixon’s price and whether a few years of him in Houston is offset by a guy like Warren who might just be a roster clog without ever being more than he currently is.

Question: (I've probably asked this in the past) is there a reliable place you guys go to for orphaned/new start up league openings? Looking to maybe add 1 more this offseason and don't really want to go the FFPC route as I'm not a fan of the shallower rosters. Big fan of the dinosaur MFL platform, but certainly not make or break for me.

Question: (I've probably asked this in the past) is there a reliable place you guys go to for orphaned/new start up league openings? Looking to maybe add 1 more this offseason and don't really want to go the FFPC route as I'm not a fan of the shallower rosters. Big fan of the dinosaur MFL platform, but certainly not make or break for me.
I usually keep an eye out on twitter. Follow @myfantasyleague and you'll occasionally see folks posting orphans and tagging them. A couple dynasty leagues I'm in have guys who commish for multiple leagues, so we often get messages asking if any of us want to pick up an orphan in one of their other leagues. I prefer that way because I know those guys commish fairly and do a great job running things smoothly.

TLDR: Check Twitter and your league mates

I usually keep an eye out on twitter. Follow @myfantasyleague and you'll occasionally see folks posting orphans and tagging them. A couple dynasty leagues I'm in have guys who commish for multiple leagues, so we often get messages asking if any of us want to pick up an orphan in one of their other leagues. I prefer that way because I know those guys commish fairly and do a great job running things smoothly.

One of my commishes who runs like 10 leagues uses leaguesafe classifieds, and also r/findaleague on reddit. .

One of my commishes who runs like 10 leagues uses leaguesafe classifieds, and also r/findaleague on reddit. .
Learn something new every day. Didnt realize leaguesafe had classifieds. That's an excellent source!

Trades that always looks so good when you make them and every single person on here sides on your side yet I always caution even when I am the "winning" side at the time of the trade they have failed or not go as good as you would think just a year or two later many times.

Looking back at a trade for 2 years ago I made that everyone loved on here.

I was coming off a championship in a 14 team league which also had acquired another teams future 1st the year before so I had pick 1.
I drafted Breece Hall and then traded Hall, 1.09 and 2.01 picks for Chase. Huge win for me......or so I thought at the time so did everyone thought even more so when Hall tears his ACL.
I would have taken R White at the 2.01 for sure (not sure who I would have taken at 1.09)
I ended up 2nd place that year so the next year I traded away 1.05, 1.13 and my 2024 1st for 1.01 to take Bijan.
So now I just added Chase and Bijan to a championship team from 2022.........last year I finished 1st in the regular season..........and last in the playoffs (6th place)
So that guy got 1.05, 1.13 and this year 1.09. LaPorta went 1.14 (who I would have taken at 1.13 as Mayer was already off the board)

So Chase or Hall, R White and a 1st ? Which is better now 2 years later ?

So Bijan or Addison, LaPorta, 1.09 this year (1.5 TE) which is better 1 year later ?

Just never know do you....both are still close at least.

Trades that always looks so good when you make them and every single person on here sides on your side yet I always caution even when I am the "winning" side at the time of the trade they have failed or not go as good as you would think just a year or two later many times.

I was coming off a championship in a 14 team league which also had acquired another teams future 1st the year before so I had pick 1.
I drafted Breece Hall and then traded Hall, 1.09 and 2.01 picks for Chase. Huge win for me......or so I thought at the time so did everyone thought even more so when Hall tears his ACL.
I would have taken R White at the 2.01 for sure (not sure who I would have taken at 1.09)
I ended up 2nd place that year so the next year I traded away 1.05, 1.13 and my 2024 1st for 1.01 to take Bijan.
So now I just added Chase and Bijan to a championship team from 2022.........last year I finished 1st in the regular season..........and last in the playoffs (6th place)
So that guy got 1.05, 1.13 and this year 1.09. LaPorta went 1.14 (who I would have taken at 1.13 as Mayer was already off the board)

So Bijan or Addison, LaPorta, 1.09 this year (1.5 TE) which is better 1 year later ?

Anyone’s guess when it comes to a trade really, and I have received some eyebrow raising from league mates on certain transactions that ended up working out on my end. I try not to be too heavy of a judge because everyone views things through a different perspective and time can turn the tables on a trade quickly. It took me a long time to learn the lessons of “rookie fever” as I would typically overpay for premium picks, but with time comes more patience and that has served me well. That being said if Chase and Burrow can actually stay healthy for a season I think you will have your moment in the sun.

Hindsight is always 20-20.

We can only judge trades based on the information we have at hand in the moment.

Learn something new every day. Didnt realize leaguesafe had classifieds. That's an excellent source!
Especially because of the trust factor of using league safe. It’s always sketchy getting into money leagues with strangers. That takes some of the sketch factor out of it.

Yeah, to be clear, I’m a Texans fan and now the league is in on wanting my team’s guys. RB is why I won my league (CMC, Hall, Conner, Kyren, Warren) so I really am not hurting there.

In the vein of having fun and turning over some guys it was mostly curious as to Mixon’s price and whether a few years of him in Houston is offset by a guy like Warren who might just be a roster clog without ever being more than he currently is.
I think Mixon might be a nice lineup upgrade on Conner this year. I was offered pick ten for him in one qb league. I passed and don’t regret it. Yet anyway.

What are people's thoughts on Lamar Jackson's value going forward? His rushing output will eventually decline, limiting his upside. Are other owners riding him into the sunset? He's ranked QB4 on Keeptradecut. I'm out at that price this offseason.

I think Mixon might be a nice lineup upgrade on Conner this year. I was offered pick ten for him in one qb league. I passed and don’t regret it. Yet anyway.
I agree. I just have an unnatural affection for Warren. He could be the RB1 in PIT next year.

That said, win-now I might deal him for Mixon. He could be top 5 in that offense, though their OL could use a little improvement.

What are people's thoughts on Lamar Jackson's value going forward? His rushing output will eventually decline, limiting his upside. Are other owners riding him into the sunset? He's ranked QB4 on Keeptradecut. I'm out at that price this offseason.
I think he’s still top tier QB for a few years. We expected to see more passing last year, but it never really materialized. It might be coming in Monken’s 2nd season.

Henry’s presence might reduce some of LJax RZ rushing TDs, but then again, it might just make them more effective. And losing some short yardage rushes could help to keep LJax healthy as well.

I wish I had some shares - he’s a fun player to roster when he’s healthy & the offense is clicking.

Last edited:
I bought him for 1.8 and 2.9 after having sold Burrow for 1.2 (gift of an offer that I had to accept - 1QB but QB heavyish scoring).

I agree. I just have an unnatural affection for Warren. He could be the RB1 in PIT next year.

That said, win-now I might deal him for Mixon. He could be top 5 in that offense, though their OL could use a little improvement.
As a Texans fan, I would tell you it's a "lot" improvement. Most of the OL was hurt again last year and we've had some questionable picks up front. Someone has to hit and the line has to stay healthy. If at least one of those two things happen, Houston could go far this year with the weapons we put around CJ and the defensive upgrades in free agency and the draft.

As a Texans fan, I would tell you it's a "lot" improvement. Most of the OL was hurt again last year and we've had some questionable picks up front. Someone has to hit and the line has to stay healthy. If at least one of those two things happen, Houston could go far this year with the weapons we put around CJ and the defensive upgrades in free agency and the draft.
I try to be diplomatic.
;)

Hindsight is always 20-20.

We can only judge trades based on the information we have at hand in the moment.
Yet it happens a lot you have to try and think outside the box sometimes and not fall pray to the "well at the time it looked good"

I prefer winning over "looking good"

I just asked a live show DynastyLand football if I should trade my 1.08+1.12 for the 1.04+2.07 (a trade I already made and posted on this site that everyone liked) in my 12 team 1 QB 1.5 TE league

They said they would keep 1.08+1.12 they don't like Bowers so that was there reason they said pick 4 and pick 8 are same tier (in fact they said they would take Thomas at 4 if they had to pick)

Users who are viewing this thread