What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (11 Viewers)

Let’s talk Bo Melton for a moment.

Small in size, but played big for the Packers down the stretch. With a 4.3 speed, he’s their fastest WR.

They even trusted him with targets in the playoff game.

Is he a claim, a hold, or a roster clogger in 12, 14 or 16 team leagues?
Unfortunately I see him as a roster clogger right now. I think he’s talented enough but his situation is horrible. He’s (at best) the 5th or 6th receiving option in that offense. Now if a bunch of injuries hit I’d be paying more attention.

I picked him up this off season, dropped him. He was picked but by someone else who dropped him prior to our rookie draft and he’s currently sitting on the wire. This is a 12 team, 28 man roster (offseason) and 24 man roster in-season. So I don’t see him getting picked back up as everyone prepares for cut downs during the preseason.

Let’s talk Bo Melton for a moment.

Small in size, but played big for the Packers down the stretch. With a 4.3 speed, he’s their fastest WR.

They even trusted him with targets in the playoff game.

Is he a claim, a hold, or a roster clogger in 12, 14 or 16 team leagues?
Unfortunately I see him as a roster clogger right now. I think he’s talented enough but his situation is horrible. He’s (at best) the 5th or 6th receiving option in that offense. Now if a bunch of injuries hit I’d be paying more attention.

I picked him up this off season, dropped him. He was picked but by someone else who dropped him prior to our rookie draft and he’s currently sitting on the wire. This is a 12 team, 28 man roster (offseason) and 24 man roster in-season. So I don’t see him getting picked back up as everyone prepares for cut downs during the preseason.
In a 16 team, 50 man roster scenario I could see a hold in case of injury.

He’s also got that blazing speed, so it may not take injury, but I agree an injury (or multiple) to other receivers would help.

I mostly agree with your take.

what player or pick would you guys add to the 1.5 to get 1.3?
PPR 1qb TEP

Not to be a pain but need a lot more info...what exactly are you trying to accomplish and how important is making this move to your roster Construction...are you willing to overpay to get this done because it will have a very positive effect on your roster or just doing it because you see a good opportunity...would need a look at both rosters as well to really see what makes sense.

PPR 1qb TEP

Not to be a pain but need a lot more info...what exactly are you trying to accomplish and how important is making this move to your roster Construction...are you willing to overpay to get this done because it will have a very positive effect on your roster or just doing it because you see a good opportunity...would need a look at both rosters as well to really see what makes sense.
I need a big upgrade at wr2 as I have AJ Brown and sorta garbage. Kind of move that could push me into serious contender so a slight overpay is fine. See a big difference in WR quality of the big 3 vs the next tier guys.
Some trade options from me would be
QB - Herbert
RB - Warren/Hubbard
WR - Meyers/Mike Williams
TE - Kmet
I also have 2.2 and 2.5
Not sure of Villain's interest, but generically his roster could probably use Brooks most of all at pick 5

PPR 1qb TEP

I need a big upgrade at wr2 as I have AJ Brown and sorta garbage. Kind of move that could push me into serious contender so a slight overpay is fine. See a big difference in WR quality of the big 3 vs the next tier guys.
Some trade options from me would be
QB - Herbert
RB - Warren/Hubbard
WR - Meyers/Mike Williams
TE - Kmet
I also have 2.2 and 2.5
Not sure of Villain's interest, but generically his roster could probably use Brooks most of all at pick 5

A jump from 1.5 to 1.3 in a 1 QB league (and with how this year's draf-tboard looks...I would think the three Wrs and Bowers will probably go 1-4) is pretty big...I can't picture him having much interest in any of those players other than Herbert and the two #2's....I really don't see anything there that would make me want to move off of the 1.3 this year unless his QB situation is bad and Herbert would be a big upgrade.

PPR 1qb TEP
Given that there's arguably a clear top 4 (MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, Bowers) you're going to have to pay a premium.

For example, in one of my leagues where I have the 1.9 and really need a tight tend, I've already been in discussions with the 1.8 drafter about a swap and what it would take. He's a good owner and he's good enough to realize what I'm doing and realize that we both have the same clear top 8 in a SF .5 ppr format. He's been open that I need to pay a premium to get Bowers or, say, Maye or McCarthy, and he's telling me it'll cost me a 2025 second rounder or the 3.2 pick (which has real value) for this year.

I'd have to imagine that the price to jump from 1.5 to 1.3 in a 1QB league to break into that clear top four would be at least a second rounder this year. So, if I had 1.3, I'd want 1.5 and 2.2.

PPR 1qb TEP
Given that there's arguably a clear top 4 (MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, Bowers) you're going to have to pay a premium.

For example, in one of my leagues where I have the 1.9 and really need a tight tend, I've already been in discussions with the 1.8 drafter about a swap and what it would take. He's a good owner and he's good enough to realize what I'm doing and realize that we both have the same clear top 8 in a SF .5 ppr format. He's been open that I need to pay a premium to get Bowers or, say, Maye or McCarthy, and he's telling me it'll cost me a 2025 second rounder or the 3.2 pick (which has real value) for this year.

I'd have to imagine that the price to jump from 1.5 to 1.3 in a 1QB league to break into that clear top four would be at least a second rounder this year. So, if I had 1.3, I'd want 1.5 and 2.2.
If he's offering the 1.08 for the 1.09 and 3.02, I'd jump on that. Yes the 3.02 has value, but Bowers is a top tier talent and securing him will be worth the "slightly better than dart throw WR/RB" at 3.02.

Looks like many offers for 1.1 rookie pick, MHJ.
I have and was offered 1.4, G Pickens , and 2025 1st.
I hate to pass on MHJ but I'm intrigued.
Seems like pretty good return for 1QB leagues. 1.4 should net you a Odunze/Bowers level of player. I expect big things out of Pickens this year with upgraded QB play. And finally the 25 1st is an asset that won't lose value.

PPR 1qb TEP

If he's offering the 1.08 for the 1.09 and 3.02, I'd jump on that. Yes the 3.02 has value, but Bowers is a top tier talent and securing him will be worth the "slightly better than dart throw WR/RB" at 3.02.

Absolutely...that is a steal.

Seems like pretty good return for 1QB leagues. 1.4 should net you a Odunze/Bowers level of player. I expect big things out of Pickens this year with upgraded QB play. And finally the 25 1st is an asset that won't lose value.
I agree. Thanks!

I would stick with MH2.
I agree. Stick with MH2. It's a good offer and wouldn't fault anyone taking it.
Thanks all. I think I'm taking it just to get a Steeler on my team. 😀
I think MH2 may be the call but the other owner sweetened the pot enough for me to pull the trigger.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.

i am offering up 1.13 and 3.13 for Mark Andrews
thoughts on this offer
Seems pretty light to me for TE-P.

I put Andrews worth near twice that. Because the picks are so late, it’s like offering a 2nd and a 3rd.

I’d say 1.13+3.13+a WR2-3 type might do it. But then it might not. But as suggested it’s a bit of a lowball offer IMO.

this is what the andrews owner suggested , i was confused as I thought it was light as well
Sent me down the rabbit hole searching about his injury news
I mean, no need to search - just assume 2-5 missed games. But man is he good when he's playing. He'll likely go to another team next year but I would smash accept for that price. I'd pay that for him in NON TE-P.

i offered what he wanted and he accepted
ive been the best team the last 2 years but keep losing in the semi's
there was nobody i loved at 1.13 so no have mcbide, engram and andrews at te
can start 2 a week a 2pt a rec

What’s the most you’d be willing to pay on a contender in rookie picks for Davante Adams? Full PPR.

In a 1 QB, I might be willing to pay the 1.11 or 1.12. That range of WR is dicey for me. But I also don't think WR1-level production is a guarantee for Adams this year, either, and that age cliff is coming fast.

What’s the most you’d be willing to pay on a contender in rookie picks for Davante Adams? Full PPR.

In a 1 QB, I might be willing to pay the 1.11 or 1.12. That range of WR is dicey for me. But I also don't think WR1-level production is a guarantee for Adams this year, either, and that age cliff is coming fast.
Was considering a 25’ and 26’ 2nd. Too low? This is a 2QB league, 10 man.

I
I would stick with MH2.
I agree. Stick with MH2. It's a good offer and wouldn't fault anyone taking it.
Thanks all. I think I'm taking it just to get a Steeler on my team. 😀
I think MH2 may be the call but the other owner sweetened the pot enough for me to pull the trigger.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.
I think it’s a great offer. Depending on my team I might take it.

But if MH2 is the next JJ/Lamb/Chase you may regret it.

But I certainly don’t fault you for taking it.

Was considering a 25’ and 26’ 2nd. Too low? This is a 2QB league, 10 man.

In a 10-team, 2 QB league, then we're talking a 2024 mid-2nd, so I think a '25 and '26 2nd is fine.

1QB FFPC offered the following today:

GIve 1.04

Get 1.11, Javonte Williams, 25 2nd 25 3rd (both likely late picks)

Tempting because I'm paper thin at RB. I also have the 1.06 to grab a 2nd tier WR and QB isn't a concern. What say you, Dynasty Value Thread?

GIve 1.04

Tempting because I'm paper thin at RB. I also have the 1.06 to grab a 2nd tier WR and QB isn't a concern. What say you, Dynasty Value Thread?
Don’t do it, don’t even think about it, it's a terrible idea.

Use the 1.6, take some stabs later, make a trade later but don't give up 1.4 for that.

Price check on joe burrow. I’m rebuilding but would you sell to an interested owner for for a couple 1sts saayyy 1.07 and 1.09 + 2.03?

GIve 1.04

Don’t do it, don’t even think about it, it's a terrible idea.

Use the 1.6, take some stabs later, make a trade later but don't give up 1.4 for that.

Yeah, I'm still a Javonte truther and I don't think I'd take that if I had the 4. Seems like one of those on paper it looks ok valuewise, but really in 1QB FFPC scoring those top 4 picks this year are worth a premium

Price check on joe burrow. I’m rebuilding but would you sell to an interested owner for for a couple 1sts saayyy 1.07 and 1.09 + 2.03?
1 QB that's the fastest accept I would be clicking.

12 team or larger SF/2QB I'd probably need more details, but it's about the right price for Burrow, depending on what other assets you already have to rebuild with - basically, if you are already flush with draft capital, I probably don't do it, but if you are weak on draft capital and Burrow is your main piece, it may be worth divesting into the multiple picks

12 team or larger SF/2QB I'd probably need more details, but it's about the right price for Burrow, depending on what other assets you already have to rebuild with - basically, if you are already flush with draft capital, I probably don't do it, but if you are weak on draft capital and Burrow is your main piece, it may be worth divesting into the multiple picks
Sorry it’s superflex 12 teams. I have puka 1.2 and 1.02 with joe burrow. I’ve been wondering about diversifying but don’t know.

Sorry it’s superflex 12 teams. I have puka 1.2 and 1.02 with joe burrow. I’ve been wondering about diversifying but don’t know.
I would not deal Burrow in SF for 1.07 &
1.09’no way never nope not a chance no.

That’s light. He’s a top ~5 QB. Would never sell that low.

In my current $100 FFPC startup (TEP) rookies have gone;
MHJ 1.04
Nabers 1.08
Rome 2.12
Thomas 3.12
Bowers 4.06
Currently in late 4th
Owners are looking to go young as older productive vets like CMC and Hill have dropped a bit IMO and been good values

In my current $100 FFPC startup (TEP) rookies have gone;
MHJ 1.04
Nabers 1.08
Rome 2.12
Thomas 3.12
Bowers 4.06
Currently in late 4th
Owners are looking to go young as older productive vets like CMC and Hill have dropped a bit IMO and been good values
Looks like a good opportunity to load up on older productive players and win a few 'ships.

Whats the value of a top 5 qb then? I was also offerd baker mayfield and AJ brown. mayfield puts up solid stats, not as flashy but doesn't AJ more than make up for that? I also thought of burrow for mayfield, tee higgins, and the 1.08.

Whats the value of a top 5 qb then? I was also offerd baker mayfield and AJ brown. mayfield puts up solid stats, not as flashy but doesn't AJ more than make up for that? I also thought of burrow for mayfield, tee higgins, and the 1.08.
It’s SF. Burrow is young as well, so that factors in to his value.

You could arguably get 1.01+Mayfield+ another 1st for Burrow.

I have Mayfield+AJB as ~66% the value of Burrow in your format. Add a 1st to that one too.

Don’t undersell a hugely valuable asset. Trade value charts & trade calcs are not infallible, but they can help a lot to roughly evaluate situations like this. I’d suggest checking some prior to offering up Burrow for a smash accept by your trade partner.

Also, I consider the rarity of the asset. In SF, even 12 team, the team getting Burrow is getting the best player in the deal. Make them overpay. An even deal might be even, but it’s not “fair”. You need to get “even++” for Burrow. I’d want 120% value in any multi-player for Burrow type deal.

When I recently sold Mahomes, I put a package together that had me giving up Mahomes + Doubs for Herbert + Nico Collins. Which I thought was fair. But to deal Mahomes I needed more than fair. So I kicked in a couple marginal IDP assets and asked for Fant, a 1st and a 2nd on top, and they accepted.

So yeah - point is, put that package together that’s “fair value”, then put a cherry on top before sending the offer over. Maybe 2 or 3 cherries as the opening offer.

If they counter for a little less, it’s still more than you were originally considering fair. Like if you asked for Baker+AJB+20251st+2025 2nd + 2026 1st.

Maybe they counter without the 2025 2nd…You win.

And they’ll likely pay it because to them they’re going from Mayfield to Burrow, a multi-tier upgrade at QB in SF.

I’m not sure I’d be in a hurry to get off of Burrow in that format, but if you do, get paid for it or don’t do it.

My $.02

Last edited:

I don't like that deal either, AJB is old for a rebuild. By the time you get things going he's done.

Back to your original post about 1.07, 1.09 and 2.03 - As much as I love this draft and you might get Penix/Nix at 2.03 which wouldn't bad I probably would want a future first instead of 2.03. But if there was any draft where you don't mind late firsts its this one. Top 12 + Penix and Nix wherever they go is pretty stacked. Generally I would say three firsts for Burrow and I would really hope you can get Caleb at 1.02 and another QB at 1.07. Hopefully Maye or JJ fall to you there.

It is hard to judge value of a QB in a league I don't play but see if you can get another future second out of them to go with 1.07, 1.09 and 2.03. Again I'm not saying do it for sure but if you get get another QB at 2.03 it MAY be worth it + a future second.

Generally when trading a stud QB you have to ensure you are getting really young proven players (AJ Brown is too old) and early first round picks. With the 2024 draft it is very unique in that 6 QBs went first round and 7 WRs + 1 TE went. That means the first 12-14 picks are stacked which isn't normally the case. You could also snag Bowers at 1.09 if he falls if you go that route.

Just some food for thought here and my min would be 7, 9, 2.03 and a future 2nd. Normally I wouldn't want the 2.03 but in this draft it could be gold.

It’s SF. Burrow is young as well, so that factors in to his value.

You could arguably get 1.01+Mayfield+ another 1st for Burrow.

I have Mayfield+AJB as ~66% the value of Burrow in your format. Add a 1st to that one too.

Don’t undersell a hugely valuable asset. Trade value charts & trade calcs are not infallible, but they can help a lot to roughly evaluate situations like this. I’d suggest checking some prior to offering up Burrow for a smash accept by your trade partner.

Also, I consider the rarity of the asset. In SF, even 12 team, the team getting Burrow is getting the best player in the deal. Make them overpay. An even deal might be even, but it’s not “fair”. You need to get “even++” for Burrow. I’d want 120% value in any multi-player for Burrow type deal.

When I recently sold Mahomes, I put a package together that had me giving up Mahomes + Doubs for Herbert + Nico Collins. Which I thought was fair. But to deal Mahomes I needed more than fair. So I kicked in a couple marginal IDP assets and asked for Fant, a 1st and a 2nd on top, and they accepted.

So yeah - point is, put that package together that’s “fair value”, then put a cherry on top before sending the offer over. Maybe 2 or 3 cherries as the opening offer.

If they counter for a little less, it’s still more than you were originally considering fair. Like if you asked for Baker+AJB+20251st+2025 2nd + 2026 1st.

Maybe they counter without the 2025 2nd…You win.

And they’ll likely pay it because to them they’re going from Mayfield to Burrow, a multi-tier upgrade at QB in SF.

I’m not sure I’d be in a hurry to get off of Burrow in that format, but if you do, get paid for it or don’t do it.

My $.02
Very good points here on how to get value added on to a trade. SF Stud QBs are very hard to get and overpay is a must. Once it gets to fair value you have to add on. The other person has a QB for 5+ years they can set it and forget it. What is another draft pick if they don't ahve to find a QB?

Now for me personally I don't want anything to do with Baker or AJB in a true rebuild. No thanks. Id rather draft all the young QBs in this draft and let it rip. If I'm a contender I'm OK rolling with Baker as my QB2 if I need him until the wheels fall off. But in a rebuild I need something of value (draft picks) or a young proven stud that will hold value.

Bottom line, get the absolute farm for Burrow. String them along. Then when you think it is close, post in the group chat/put burrow on the trade block and see what else is offered lol. The worst thing is you hold Burrow and that is fine too. What is not fine is in 2 years when AJB is old and Baker is flamed out you have nothing.

The worst thing is you hold Burrow and that is fine too. What is not fine is in 2 years when AJB is old and Baker is flamed out you have nothing.
Exactly.

And completely agree about where Baker is useful. I’ve been trying to acquire him as a QB2.

I would *not* want him as a QB1.

The worst thing is you hold Burrow and that is fine too. What is not fine is in 2 years when AJB is old and Baker is flamed out you have nothing.
Exactly.

And completely agree about where Baker is useful. I’ve been trying to acquire him as a QB2.

I'm with you there as I wouldn't mind him as insurance in my league I'm defending champ. Would love a guy like Baker.

One other thing to think about for those rebuilding and you need another year, getting a guy like Baker can keep you from getting a top pick next year. Baker could score you enough points to make you competative and you don't want that if you are still rebuilding. Better to draft a guy like Penix at 2.03 (if he is there) who likely won't score you a lot of points this year but in a year or 2 can be a starting QB.

Exactly.

I'm with you there as I wouldn't mind him as insurance in my league I'm defending champ. Would love a guy like Baker.

One other thing to think about for those rebuilding and you need another year, getting a guy like Baker can keep you from getting a top pick next year. Baker could score you enough points to make you competative and you don't want that if you are still rebuilding. Better to draft a guy like Penix at 2.03 (if he is there) who likely won't score you a lot of points this year but in a year or 2 can be a starting QB.
Definitely. I only play SF dynasty at this point, and Baker is an ideal QB2 target.

As a QB2 SF guy he could help you win a ship. But mos def not a QB1. That’s a recipe for disaster.

What’s Nick Chubb worth right now, today?

2025 1st get it done? If your team was coming off a ‘ship and running it back, would you risk it to make another run?

Or is a 29 y/o coming off a bad knee a poor
Investment?

2025 1st get it done? If your team was coming off a ‘ship and running it back, would you risk it to make another run?

Investment?
I’d probably wait until he’s back. You’ll still be able to get him for the 1st and reduce your risk.

I’d probably wait until he’s back. You’ll still be able to get him for the 1st and reduce your risk.
By then another team might pounce. Owner just announced that he’s rebuilding & looking for picks or youth.

Thinking about offering him a 2025 1st & 2026 1st for Chubb+McLaurin.
:oldunsure:

ETA: reports are positive on Chubb’s recovery, BTW.

Last edited:

Investment?
At this point in time I’d imagine a 2025 1st would be a quick accept from the Chubb owner. I’d say mid 2nd personally
I’d probably look to balance if with another asset coming back, but i agree the 2025 1st is worth more than Chubb.

Bowers, Worthy or Thomas for the long term? Picking 7th in 16 team, 1 QB, full PPR and didn't expect this to be an option, but Caleb and Daniels both went early. TE is a little bit more of a position of need as I have nothing behind Andrews and I have an embarrassment of riches at WR, including Marvin Jr. I keep going back to Worthy because well, sub 4.3 speed and playing with a quite good QB for the foreseeable future. It would be irresponsible to pick a WR over a TE with my roster makeup, but could be sooooooooooooo much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread