What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DYNASTY: Value of Rookie Pick 1.01 (1 Viewer)

QBs & TEs that you would trade 1.01 for:

• QB - Drew Brees, NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB - Peyton Manning, IND

• QB - Jay Cutler, DEN

• QB - Tony Romo, DAL

• QB - Tom Brady, NE

• QB - Aaron Rodgers, GB

• QB - Philip Rivers, SD

• QB - Matt Ryan, ATL

• QB - Donovan McNabb, PHI

• QB - Eli Manning, NYG

• QB - Ben Rothlisberger, PIT

• NONE OF THE ABOVE (or below)

• TE - Antonio Gates, SD

• TE - Kellen Winslow, CLE

• TE - Jason Witten, DAL

• Total voters

Kleck

Footballguy
Assume that you have 2009 Dynasty Rookie Pick 1.01. Which of the players listed above would you trade it for?

Multiple choice, pick as many as you like. FBG Scoring.

The following players were chosen based on the average FBGs Dynasty Rankings (past 35 days):

The Top 25 RBs (plus 5 other young RBs that were rated high in last years rookie draft and a Vets that have been top 10 RBs in recent years)

The Top 15 WRs

The Top 11 QBs

The Top 3 TEs

The idea behind this mega poll is to get an idea of what 2009 rookie pick 1.01 may be worth for those looking to trade it or trade for it. Yes, there are some flaws with it. Obviously some of the results will not be very accurate since most Peterson owners would not trade him for 1.01. I left those types of players in the poll anyway and also have quite a few options that may not receive any votes, but I figured it was better to have too many than not enough. If there is a player you would trade 1.01 for and is not listed, please post it below. Also feel free to post any rookie pick combination you would trade 1.01 for (Ex: 1.01 for 1.03 & 1.08).

2nd poll is up.

Dynasty: Value of Rookie Pick 1.01 - Part 1, Poll 2: Trading a PLAYER for 1.01

Last edited by a moderator:
your poll is broke. If you dont list someone in each category, you cant vote at all. You need a none of the above in each grouping. Having the 1.01 in my league, the only players I would trade it for are Fitx, AJ and Forte. And I already have AJ and Forte.

your poll is broke. If you dont list someone in each category, you cant vote at all. You need a none of the above in each grouping. Having the 1.01 in my league, the only players I would trade it for are Fitx, AJ and Forte. And I already have AJ and Forte.
I assumed the poll was regardless of your team's needs, and more a valuation. Perhaps the OP should clarify.

I just stopped clicking names, as I must be in the minority, in other words, I would take alot of these names for the 1.1.

As indicated in the other thread, I dealt 1.1/2.9 for Colston

I would think the better poll would be "RBs you'd trade for the 1.01 pick".

That would give us the value of the 1.01 pick, as we could see what players people would be able to get for it.

I would think the better poll would be "RBs you'd trade for the 1.01 pick".That would give us the value of the 1.01 pick, as we could see what players people would be able to get for it.
Feel free to make one and I'll put this to rest.That thought did cross my mind. I would trade 1.01 for quite a few players, but I wouldn't necessarily trade those players for 1.01.

I would think the better poll would be "RBs you'd trade for the 1.01 pick".That would give us the value of the 1.01 pick, as we could see what players people would be able to get for it.
Feel free to make one and I'll put this to rest.That thought did cross my mind. I would trade 1.01 for quite a few players, but I wouldn't necessarily trade those players for 1.01.
I'll wait it out. I think they can both co-exist with a couple day's separation. I'm not trying to step on your toes here..

I'll wait it out. I think they can both co-exist with a couple day's separation. I'm not trying to step on your toes here..
Not at all man. I see the flaws with this poll.

Kleck said:
FreeBaGeL said:
Kleck said:
FreeBaGeL said:
I would think the better poll would be "RBs you'd trade for the 1.01 pick".

That would give us the value of the 1.01 pick, as we could see what players people would be able to get for it.
Not at all man. I see the flaws with this poll.
I do like the idea of having another poll in the reverse role, trading a player for the pick, and seeing how that might compare to this poll. Using another large poll with plenty of options will have a few obvious ones like in this poll, but there could be a middle ground in both that we can use for comparison. I added "Part 1, Poll 1" to the topic, and will try to get the other one set-up later tonight or tomorrow morning.

After a couple of weeks I'll gather the poll results and make a thread with them, along with any trade offers people have received, made, accepted or declined. If anyone has made or received an offer for 1.01 please post it. I'll go through the polls and other threads and try to find as many as I can.

With so many different dynasty strategies, scoring systems, roster requirements, etc., there will definitely be a lot of flaws. It might just end up being a waste of time, but so be it. It's worth a shot, and I always find a few hours a day to waste anyway. There are a lot of clever minds here. I'm sure someone will be able to find a trend or analyze the outcome, or at least give it a shot. And if there is something that can be used or helpful, maybe give this another go after the combine and possibly again after the NFL draft.

Part 1, Poll 1 - Trading 1.01 for a Player

Part 1, Poll 2 - Trading a Player for 1.01

Actual trade offers received/made related to 1.01 (separated by accepted or declined) that I search these threads and others for.

A "Results" thread combining all the data and trades for people to analyze and see if there can be anything useful pulled from it.

If anyone has any other suggestions please post them.

Excellent poll. Thanks for doing this. It will help me gage what will be a good break even trade level of a player I may have to get trade bites from the guy holding the 1.01 pick...without me giving up way too much. I'll give up some value to close a deal but clearly Fitz or ADP is way too much.

You would really rather have Moreno or Crabtree over Adrian Peterson?I think there are at least 20-30 players I would trade the 1.01 pick for.

Am I the only one who doesn't see a big difference in value between 1.01 to 1.04 this year? Moreno, Wells, Crabtree, McCoy. Maybe Greene and Maclin could be up there but the consensus seems to be those are the big 4. Obviously some have personal prefences and the destination makes a difference, but right now, I don't know that I'd give much to move from 1.04 to 1.01 and if I can get the 1.04 cheaper than 1.01, I'd go that route.

Am I the only one who doesn't see a big difference in value between 1.01 to 1.04 this year? Moreno, Wells, Crabtree, McCoy. Maybe Greene and Maclin could be up there but the consensus seems to be those are the big 4. Obviously some have personal prefences and the destination makes a difference, but right now, I don't know that I'd give much to move from 1.04 to 1.01 and if I can get the 1.04 cheaper than 1.01, I'd go that route.
No. If I had 1.01 and could slide down to 1.03 or 1.04 and pick up another 1st, I'd do it. I actually think the mid 1st round picks this year have a lot of value.

No. If I had 1.01 and could slide down to 1.03 or 1.04 and pick up another 1st, I'd do it. I actually think the mid 1st round picks this year have a lot of value.
That begs the question, what should one expect to get to slide down a few spots this year?

That begs the question, what should one expect to get to slide down a few spots this year?
Might need another poll... Using the Dynasty Pick Value Calculator, we could probably come up with quite a few different options.I'd have to wait until declaration day to know for sure.

I just stopped clicking names, as I must be in the minority, in other words, I would take alot of these names for the 1.1.As indicated in the other thread, I dealt 1.1/2.9 for Colston
I think you are part of the wise dynasty player group. I checked every RB in the first tier, and probably 5 players from each of the other groups.

I just stopped clicking names, as I must be in the minority, in other words, I would take alot of these names for the 1.1.As indicated in the other thread, I dealt 1.1/2.9 for Colston
I think you are part of the wise dynasty player group. I checked every RB in the first tier, and probably 5 players from each of the other groups.
:lmao: Most savy dynasty owners realize that probably most of the the top 10-15 RB's, top 4-5 WR's, 2-3 QBs and probably 1-2 TE's are always going to be worth more than the 1.01 rookie pick. Exceptions being high performance players who may be hitting the end of the line due to age (like an LT, Owens, Moss, Warner etc...), the 1.01 is worth more.

:confused: Most savy dynasty owners realize that probably most of the the top 10-15 RB's, top 4-5 WR's, 2-3 QBs and probably 1-2 TE's are always going to be worth more than the 1.01 rookie pick. Exceptions being high performance players who may be hitting the end of the line due to age (like an LT, Owens, Moss, Warner etc...), the 1.01 is worth more.
People always put too much value on the rookie picks. Unless there is a clear-cut stud coming out ala ADP in a dynasty league there probably should be 20-30 players on a list as being more valuable than the 1.1.

Seems to be a lot of trades with DWill and the rookie picks. Looks like people aren't sold on him repeating next year.

Agree with the above.

Most of the players on those list are actually worth more than the 1.01. The ones that aren't old. There's easily 20 players up there that are worth more than the 1.01.

Some indication of value can be gathered from intial dynasty drafts. No. 1 rookie picks often go in the pick 10-20 range, but that owner is almost always taking a risk. The No. 2 rookie pick often goes in the pick 30-40, which is usually decent value. Leading me to believe that the risk/reward ratio indicates top rookies fall into the 20-30 range.

Anyone that can only trade the 1.01 for 10 or less players on that board are extremely risky FF players.

Users who are viewing this thread