What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty WR26 (1 Viewer)

vote

• Donte' Stallworth 11/10/1980

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reggie Brown 01/13/1981

• Jerricho Cotchery 06/16/1982

• Dwayne Jarrett

• Vincent Jackson 01/14/1983

• Matt Jones 04/22/1983

• Santonio Holmes 03/03/1984

• Bernard Berrien 12/27/1980

• Muhsin Muhammed

• Deion Branch 07/18/1979

• Greg Jennings 09/21/1983

• Other (please say who and why)

• Total voters

wannabee

Footballguy
These are consensus dynasty rankings for year 2007 standard FBGs scoring no PPR

If you vote other, please specify.

Also, please comment on your vote, and list any player that should be nominated for the next round.

I like the chatter going on so lets keep that going as we vote. Discussion about why you prefer one of these players compared to the others is useful to everyone involved and offers insight into how people in your leagues may view these players compared to others.

gheemony made a great point about one way to consider dynasty value for players in rankings by giving 50% value to 2007, 33% to 2008, and 17% to 2009. I know there are many ways to look at this and how hard it is to project for players even for one year. But I think it is significant enough that its worth mentioning. I am sure everyone has a different formula that they might use. But this one to me has some good balance and makes a lot of sense. And now has become a topic of discussion in this thread: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...=296123&hl= I welcome you all to read this and offer your perspectives on methods you use in determining where to rank players in dynasty leagues.

1. Steve Smith 5/12/1979

2. Chad Johnson 1/9/1978

3. Larry Fitzgerald 8/31/1983

4. Torry Holt 6/5/1976

5. Reggie Wayne 11/17/1978

6. Roy Williams 12/20/1981

7. Anquan Boldin 10/3/1980

8. Andre Johnson 7/11/1981

9. Javon Walker 10/14/1978

10. Marques Colston 6/5/1983

11. Terrell Owens 12/7/1973

12. Darrell Jackson 12/6/1978

13. Lee Evans 3/11/1981

14. Marvin Harrison 8/25/1972

15. TJ Houshmandzadeh 9/26/1977

16. Braylon Edwards 2/21/1983

17. Calvin Johnson

18. Plaxico Burress 8/12/1977

19. Santana Moss 6/1/1979

20. Randy Moss 2/13/1977

21. Hines Ward

22. Donald Driver

23. Chris Chambers

24. Mark Clayton

25. Laveranues Coles

I remember mid-season when Driver was a bit banged up and Jennings had two pretty big games... many were going on and on about how much better Jennings was than Driver. I (and many others) sort of doubted at that point and our doubts were validated.

I'm wondering where all of the love went for Jennings. Are the Moss to GB rumors affecting him in the last couple spots of these polls at all?

I actually like Jennings pretty well. He showed great flashes when healthy. He didn't get my vote at this spot, but I did consider him... due to upside and Driver's age (since this is dynasty).

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for Matt Jones....but the more I think about it and look at the stats I like Brown more and more

I'm going to give this one to Reggie Brown. If you would like anyone added to the next poll, please speak up now.

Reggie Brown is the only clear WR1 on his own team here (other than Branch, but lots of questions there) and that team happens to have a top QB in McNabb and is a team that likes to throw. Hard to argue with him at this point.

Reggie Brown is the only clear WR1 on his own team here (other than Branch, but lots of questions there) and that team happens to have a top QB in McNabb and is a team that likes to throw. Hard to argue with him at this point.
this was five months ago. Much has changed since then

Voted "other" and I have Coles ranked WR26 you have him 25, within fractions of points I got Calvin Johnson WR27 and Chris Chambers WR25 by less than a TD in front of him. I guess if I was really drafting it would be Calvin Johnson since you stated Dynasty, but that would be an adjustment outside of my ranking I would have to decide.

Edited to say I re-read your original post and I think I may have misunderstood your question before voting, but for what its worth the above should cover my opinion this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with Branch. The guy was hurt last year, and with D-Jax gone he'll get all the looks. Before last year he did pretty well in NE as Brady's go to guy

what ever happened to these polls? it was nice to see a general consensus of rankings for each position.

Went Reggie Brown here, with Santonio Holmes a close second.

I would love to see these revisited again this offseason. I am in Iraq so I don't have the time to manage them myself however. If anyone wants to take them over the format is pretty decent I think and not that hard to reproduce.

I would love to see these revisited again this offseason. I am in Iraq so I don't have the time to manage them myself however. If anyone wants to take them over the format is pretty decent I think and not that hard to reproduce.
I might give this a shot once we are done with the rookies, which will be soon.

Sounds like a great idea, it will give us something to work on during a slow period before the draft.

I would move Randy Moss up a few spots. :thumbup:
Yeah... and I think it is dark at night. I like the tool. It helps me get a picture of the lay of the land. Mostly though it gives me something to do between now and the draft. Darn I wish I had a first round pick in HP-6 or HUDL. Me traded em away.

With a long offseason, it seems like we should start with the most stable position. Any opinions on that? So many seem to be up in the air. Maybe TE or WR?

jeter23 said:
With a long offseason, it seems like we should start with the most stable position. Any opinions on that? So many seem to be up in the air. Maybe TE or WR?
I think QBs are the most stable position in dynasty. Others may disagree but that is ushualy where I like to start. Of course with QBs you have to take into consideration the entire offense. The system, Oline and skill players.When I started these last year I was running all the skill player positions at once and I tried to let the polls run a few days each to get larger sample sizes. Maybe it would be better to only focus on one position at a time however.

jeter23 said:
I think QBs are the most stable position in dynasty. Others may disagree but that is ushualy where I like to start. Of course with QBs you have to take into consideration the entire offense. The system, Oline and skill players.When I started these last year I was running all the skill player positions at once and I tried to let the polls run a few days each to get larger sample sizes. Maybe it would be better to only focus on one position at a time however.
Works for me Bia. Be safe over there!

jeter23 said:
Biabreakable said:
please do :coffee: I've gone thru similar polls at a site with less traffic. I think they are probably the best type of rankings you can get outside of ADP...

Users who are viewing this thread