What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles possibly considering new backup once Kolb traded (1 Viewer)

Favre won't come back as a backup.
While I'd really like to be done with the Favre drama, it makes sense to me. We know he can still play. Actually if he had to come into 2-4 games next year, that would be ideal for him. He wouldn't take a beating every game. Plus all the pressure would be on Vick, so his role would be much easier that what he's used to. Philly is one spot where he could ride off into the sunset with the Lombardi Trophy in hand.

While I'd really like to be done with the Favre drama, it makes sense to me. We know he can still play. Actually if he had to come into 2-4 games next year, that would be ideal for him. He wouldn't take a beating every game. Plus all the pressure would be on Vick, so his role would be much easier that what he's used to. Philly is one spot where he could ride off into the sunset with the Lombardi Trophy in hand.
:lmao:A guy like Favre wouldn't consider it an accomplishment to win the SB as a backup.

:lmao:A guy like Favre wouldn't consider it an accomplishment to win the SB as a backup.
I think it would be much more about cementing his legacy and trying to make people forget about the past 2 years than an accomplishment. What NFL player doesn't want to go out on top?

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: A guy like Favre wouldn't consider it an accomplishment to win the SB as a backup.
I think it would be much more about cementing his legacy and trying to make people forget about the past 2 years getting the media to talk about him than an accomplishment. What NFL doesn't want to go out on top?
Fixed.

:lmao: A guy like Favre wouldn't consider it an accomplishment to win the SB as a backup.
I think it would be much more about cementing his legacy and trying to make people forget about the past 2 years getting the media to talk about him than an accomplishment. What NFL doesn't want to go out on top?
Fixed.
:lmao:

Howard Eskin of WIP radio in Philadelphia reports the Eagles have "some interest" in Brett Favre as a backup to Michael Vick after Kevin Kolb is traded.

Just when you think he's out, they keep pulling him back in. The voracious NFL news cycle needs a new soap opera with the lockout ready to lift on Monday. It's easy to buy the Eagles' interest in Favre because of his mastery of the West Coast offense, a history with Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg, and an ability to get the ball downfield to DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. Whether a now-retired Favre would reciprocate that interest is the $64,000 question. We hesitate to point out that a shot at the Lombardi Trophy would make for a more fitting final act than laying face down with a concussion. A team source tells the Philadelphia Inquirer that Favre is a "longshot" and "lot of things would need to fall into place" to make it happen." Related: EaglesSource: Howard Eskin on Twitter Jul 24, 12:05 AM

Sounds like a pretty good setup for Favre to me

1. Doesnt need to "fake" retire to get out of training camp and such.

2. If eagles talked to him they would say-"we're right there and there is no way Vick is gonna be healthy all year".

3. Theyre a team that could meet Packers in January.

4. He loves when people come to him and need him.

I'm putting it at 50/50

Howard Eskin is an idiot and a liar IMO. He's getting the tar beaten out of him in Philly radio ratings and the guy has no real sources.

This is more about Eskin wanting to get his name in the news and trying to be relevant again more than Favre wanting that.

Bad enough that I had to learn to tolerate Vick. This would put me over the edge. ;) Not a Young fan, either, but could live with it.

ETA- Sal P characterized this as a "rumor that has not been totally poo pooed."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a pretty good setup for Favre to me1. Doesnt need to "fake" retire to get out of training camp and such.2. If eagles talked to him they would say-"we're right there and there is no way Vick is gonna be healthy all year".3. Theyre a team that could meet Packers in January.4. He loves when people come to him and need him.I'm putting it at 50/50
I think you make some good points. Not sure about #2.And a request - Can you start every post by saying "Billy Mays here".

Howard Eskin of WIP radio in Philadelphia reports the Eagles have "some interest" in Brett Favre as a backup to Michael Vick after Kevin Kolb is traded.Just when you think he's out, they keep pulling him back in. The voracious NFL news cycle needs a new soap opera with the lockout ready to lift on Monday. It's easy to buy the Eagles' interest in Favre because of his mastery of the West Coast offense, a history with Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg, and an ability to get the ball downfield to DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. Whether a now-retired Favre would reciprocate that interest is the $64,000 question. We hesitate to point out that a shot at the Lombardi Trophy would make for a more fitting final act than laying face down with a concussion. A team source tells the Philadelphia Inquirer that Favre is a "longshot" and "lot of things would need to fall into place" to make it happen." Related: EaglesSource: Howard Eskin on Twitter Jul 24, 12:05 AM
Can you really put much faith in a guy that can't even spell Favre's name? It's not like he's a rookie.

Users who are viewing this thread