What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eddie Lacy- in line for a very good 2nd half? (1 Viewer)

Blackjacks

Footballguy
I was shocked when looking over his first half that the Packers only gave him the ball over 14 times once (17 carries) in the first half of the season while still averaging over 4 yards a carry. He still averaged around 80 yards a game and a .5 td a game despite the low usage.

Also, take into account that half his games were against top 10 run defenses. In the 4 games he wasn't rushing against a top 10 defense he avg'd about 15 points a game and had all 4 of his td's.

The 2nd half offers a lot more games vs lesser defenses (only 2 top 10 and 1 of those is week 17 when most leagues aren't still playing ff)

Of course you can also look at the weather getting worse and the team dialing up more run plays for him as well.

I see Lacy as a sure fire top 5 rb in the 2nd half and perhaps a good buy low candidate.

Playoff schedule Falcons-Bill and Bucs

Of course the Bills have a good run defense but the other 2 can't be much better.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Schedule suggests it.

Oddly, a lot of people have trashed him and called him a letdown this year (and the first three games against those defenses WAS rough) but overall, in ppr, he is something like 14-18. It hasn't been a bad year really but the schedule really looks a lot better going forward compared to looking back.

If the Packers use him rest of season like they did against the Saints then he should have a really big finish. He was very active in the passing game and that should vault him back into the top 10.

Looks like it to me too. He did have that concussion earlier, so I'd be worried about another. I have attempted to trade for him but the price is still too high. I think he's a good get.

Users who are viewing this thread