What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ellis Hobbs (1 Viewer)

Devilsden2001

Footballguy
Ellis Hobbs instead of being humble after the embarrising loss to Miami, he just had to rub salt into the wound of the New England Fans. I agree the New England fans are bandwagon fans but there are a lot of us that stuck with the team even during their down years. He is just a moron. Enjoy the read for all you Patriots bashers.

FOXBOROUGH – Players often talk about how they block it out when fans boo. Patriots cornerback Ellis Hobbs, however, takes a different approach.

He soaks it all in.

Speaking to reporters this afternoon at Gillette Stadium, Hobbs touched on one of the disappointing aspects of the Patriots’ 38-13 loss to the Dolphins on Sunday – when the home crowd booed the team heading into halftime.

“Does it hurt? It doesn’t hurt … [but] it amazes me how people react,” he said. “You would think this organization hasn’t won as much as they have, and been as successful in the years that they have. It’s a testament to how spoiled they are, where expectations are that high, that we’re not allowed a bad game or something like that. How many times has someone had a bad day at the office? ..."

Hobbs was asked if he is able to block out the booing.

“I don’t block it out,” he said. “I accept it. I remember it. I use it as a thing of ‘remember this when you are successful.’ And that’s how you keep it all in perspective, because as soon as they’re stabbing you in the back, booing at you, they’re ready to pat you again as soon as something [goes right]. Now you’re the best in the world or whatever.

“This is when you find out what type of player you are,” he continued. “This is actually when you find out what type of man you are, as far as this game goes. When adversity hits, and when things aren’t going your way, who is really in your corner?”

Hobbs first touched on the booing when he was asked if he was confident that the Patriots could correct their errors.

“Things can always be corrected, even when you win. It’s just that we don’t have the luxury of panicking like a fan does, or to sit there and boo. I’m starting to get into personal stuff, man, but that’s exactly why they’re fans,” he said. “Whoever was doing that, hey, it is what it is. But we’re not sitting here panicking. It’s Week 3. We’re moving on to San Francisco.”

:shrug: he's currently one of the best on the team, one of the few not disappointing, and he isn't wrong.

I don't see the stupid part. I actually think everything he said is pretty reasonable given the situation.

I have to say as a Pat's fan I was personally shocked that there were idiots in the stands actually booing the team because of one bad half. The game wasn't even over at that point. And this is a team that has delivered a lot of quality football over the last few years. To give up on them that quickly is ridiculous (and stupid IMO). So it was the fans booing that were the ones being stupid IMO.

I completely agree that many fans in New England are fair weather fans and many of the comments he made are spot on. But to call the fans out after an embarrising loss to the Dolphins is what I feel makes him stupid. I have been watching the Patriots since the early 80's and love going to the games, and have never booed anyone. Why I find him stupid is the timing behind the comments.

Any fan that boos is nothing but a loser....simple. You do not like what is going on in the game, go home. Simple. Support your team and players through thick and thin.

His comments were directed at Pats fans booing. I tend to agree with him. I'm still in shock that we won the superbowl in 2001. Everything else should be gravy to fans who watched the Pats suck for 20 years prior to Parcells -> Belichick.

Booing a single bad game is something I would expect from fans from a Noobie football town. Act like you've been there before stadium attendees.

Having said that, he might want to try having thicker skin, and understanding where the money comes from. But I'll give him a pass on this one; particularly since his special teams performance is one of the few things the Pats have going well at the moment.

Why does a player have to stick up for their "fans"? Especially when the team is booing them after one bad half and they have won how many superbowls in recent history? Pats fans suck, just like Red Sox fans. If they don't want to watch the Pats anymore, I'm sure they will fill their time beating up rich kids or buying up anti-Yankee paraphernalia.

Why does a player have to stick up for their "fans"? Especially when the team is booing them after one bad half and they have won how many superbowls in recent history? Pats fans suck, just like Red Sox fans. If they don't want to watch the Pats anymore, I'm sure they will fill their time beating up rich kids or buying up anti-Yankee paraphernalia.
:thumbdown:

Dennis Eckersley had a great line when talking about playing pro sports in Boston (I'm paraphrasing here)..."it's the best place in the country to play when you're winning and the worst place to play when you're losing."

One of the beauties (and evils) of pro sports in this area is the passion of the fans. Fans have a short memory and they will turn those cheers into boos or boos into cheers based on what your doing that moment. It's that type of environment that many athletes thrive in or can't handle because it's far different than many other areas of the country.

As for Ellis...if he's willing to give the fans back the money the Patriots stole from their customers on Sunday when they did not show up to work that would be a great gesture since many of them aren't making seven figures a year and purchasing tickets is a big financial committment.

Dennis Eckersley had a great line when talking about playing pro sports in Boston (I'm paraphrasing here)..."it's the best place in the country to play when you're winning and the worst place to play when you're losing." One of the beauties (and evils) of pro sports in this area is the passion of the fans. Fans have a short memory and they will turn those cheers into boos or boos into cheers based on what your doing that moment. It's that type of environment that many athletes thrive in or can't handle because it's far different than many other areas of the country.As for Ellis...if he's willing to give the fans back the money the Patriots stole from their customers on Sunday when they did not show up to work that would be a great gesture since many of them aren't making seven figures a year and purchasing tickets is a big financial committment.
Oh lawd. Didn't show up for work. *lol*This is the NFL. You get beat. Dallas will get beat. Giants will lose a game. Philly has already lost a game. Should they all give back a game check when they do?The Pats gave good effort. They were simply caught on a bad day, Brown looked great and Miami surprised them with a few things. They have a 1st year starting QB, there's a lot in flux, it happens. It's not the Raiders. It's no the Lions. The Pats do things better then most teams, win more then most, have plenty of SBs. The fans there need to relax. Clearly after 22 wins, people there have no clue how the real NFL works. Sorry, every team except the Pats lose games. It's quite normal. Are you suppose to boo everytime your team loses a game? Seriously? And Hobbs can handle it. He's just pointing out how stupid they look.

I dont have a problem with either side of this debate. New England laid an egg against a 1 win team to a RB coming off a major knee injury, another RB struggling just to stay in the league, and a QB who's been with his 1 win team for about a month and a HS/college formation over and over and over again. Why shouldnt they boo? It wasnt just some ordinary loss. It was embarassing. Throwing out what anyone wants to think of NE or Boston fans, and simply isolating that scenario. It cant be shocking that people would boo. They pay alot of money for that right.

But Hobbs is certainly just and accurate in his comments. Theyve played great ball for a long, long time in New England, and do deserve a bad day once in a while. He didnt go too far over the top with his statements. I thought he was pretty reasonable.

Im completely sitting on the fence on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis Eckersley had a great line when talking about playing pro sports in Boston (I'm paraphrasing here)..."it's the best place in the country to play when you're winning and the worst place to play when you're losing." One of the beauties (and evils) of pro sports in this area is the passion of the fans. Fans have a short memory and they will turn those cheers into boos or boos into cheers based on what your doing that moment. It's that type of environment that many athletes thrive in or can't handle because it's far different than many other areas of the country.As for Ellis...if he's willing to give the fans back the money the Patriots stole from their customers on Sunday when they did not show up to work that would be a great gesture since many of them aren't making seven figures a year and purchasing tickets is a big financial committment.
Oh lawd. Didn't show up for work. *lol*This is the NFL. You get beat. Dallas will get beat. Giants will lose a game. Philly has already lost a game. Should they all give back a game check when they do?The Pats gave good effort. They were simply caught on a bad day, Brown looked great and Miami surprised them with a few things. They have a 1st year starting QB, there's a lot in flux, it happens. It's not the Raiders. It's no the Lions. The Pats do things better then most teams, win more then most, have plenty of SBs. The fans there need to relax. Clearly after 22 wins, people there have no clue how the real NFL works. Sorry, every team except the Pats lose games. It's quite normal. Are you suppose to boo everytime your team loses a game? Seriously? And Hobbs can handle it. He's just pointing out how stupid they look.
I would not have booed if I was there. Yet, I have no problems with fans voicing their displeasure. If it's a minor league baseball and the tickets are $7 and the beers are $2 that's one thing. Yet, when you have the highest ticket price in the league and you have to take a second mortgage out to get a round of beers expectatons are different. The fans did not boo because they lost...the booing was there because it was a piss-poor effort. It's no different than any other profession where you will hear both good or bad whether you're doing a good job.

Solid point here. The fans really did get spoiled to the point that they really didn't expect to see the Patriots lose a single game. Add in the fact that MIA was historically bad last year, and at this point of the season, much of what we believe about teams around the NFL is based on the previous year, and you have the Pats not just losing, but losing to "the worst team in the NFL"Now the reality is that MIA is nowhere near the worst team, and the Pats are nowhere near the best team, and the old axiom of any given Sunday applys to the Patriots as well as every other NFL team. I'm not sure if the fans in the stadium have fully grasped that reality yet. I don't see anything wrong with Hobbs' statements, and the Boston fan base is what it is. Eck got it right, win here and you're a hero beyond compare. Lose, and you'll be boo'd, or worse. Some find that to be fair weathered, but I disagree. There is no apathy when it comes to Boston teams ( at least Red Sox & Patriots ). Winning brings euphoria, losing brings some ugly behavior, but the Boston fans always care.But booing this Patriots team after the run they've had this decade after one half of bad football is pretty stupid on the fans.

Boston said:
teamroc said:
Boston said:
I would not have booed if I was there. Yet, I have no problems with fans voicing their displeasure. If it's a minor league baseball and the tickets are $7 and the beers are $2 that's one thing. Yet, when you have the highest ticket price in the league and you have to take a second mortgage out to get a round of beers expectatons are different. The fans did not boo because they lost...the booing was there because it was a piss-poor effort. It's no different than any other profession where you will hear both good or bad whether you're doing a good job.
I watched the game. For the most part, they gave full effort. They were outmatched in a number of areas. They got exposed in a number of areas. Well all know Bill was game planning for since new years. I firmly believe they held out parts of their offense for the Pats. Fins aren’t making the playoffs. The games vs the Pats are their superbowl. Grats to MIA. They had a great game plan, Ricky/Brown were a great combo and the defense exposed a 1st year starting QB. The Pats didn't mail it in. They didn't quit. Unless it's Raiders/Lions/Rams, teams pretty much give full effort every Sunday. I haven't watched a game in 5-6 years where I thought the PLAYERS weren't trying. Coaches maybe. But players bust their ### 99% of the time. Not to mention if you mail it in as a player, you tend to get hurt. Half-speed will get you killed. For the Pats fans to call out "no effort, stealing money" is hilarious. Talk about spoiled. They were on a 22 game winning streak, longest in NFL history. So the streak ends, boooooooooooooooooooooo. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. YOU BUMS!It's hilarious. Go back to obsessing over the Red Sox. When the Angels punch them in the mouf Red Sox Nation will be in the fetal position for the next 9 months. Your best player is a freaking jockey. Enjoy that.

Boston said:
teamroc said:
Boston said:
I watched the game. For the most part, they gave full effort. They were outmatched in a number of areas. They got exposed in a number of areas. Well all know Bill was game planning for since new years. I firmly believe they held out parts of their offense for the Pats. Fins aren’t making the playoffs. The games vs the Pats are their superbowl. Grats to MIA. They had a great game plan, Ricky/Brown were a great combo and the defense exposed a 1st year starting QB. The Pats didn't mail it in. They didn't quit. Unless it's Raiders/Lions/Rams, teams pretty much give full effort every Sunday. I haven't watched a game in 5-6 years where I thought the PLAYERS weren't trying. Coaches maybe. But players bust their ### 99% of the time. Not to mention if you mail it in as a player, you tend to get hurt. Half-speed will get you killed. For the Pats fans to call out "no effort, stealing money" is hilarious. Talk about spoiled. They were on a 22 game winning streak, longest in NFL history. So the streak ends, boooooooooooooooooooooo. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. YOU BUMS!It's hilarious. Go back to obsessing over the Red Sox. When the Angels punch them in the mouf Red Sox Nation will be in the fetal position for the next 9 months. Your best player is a freaking jockey. Enjoy that.
Was wondering where the venom was coming from. Now it all fits. After the Angels punch the Sox in the 'mouf', are they planning on winning a postseason game this year?If Sox fans were fairweather, they would have stopped coming 50 years ago.Pats fans? Not surprised by the booing. A good percentage of those fans started coming when the winning started, comparing those knuckleheads to Sox fans really shows ignorance.

The Patriots mantra is one game at a time. Each game is it's own event. This event against MIA was terrible.

Boston said:
teamroc said:
Boston said:
Delusional.

I don't have a philosophical problem with booing. The players are big boys, they can take it. I don't have a problem with the fans booing the team after one bad performance. They got crushed by a bad team, and got rope a doped by the same play again and again. It was embarrassing. My friends called out the Ronnie Brown pass play before it happened, saying, if they get to about the 30 yard line, they're going to run the same play but have Brown pass it for the TD. Sure enough, a couple plays later, they did, and it worked. That shouldn't have happened.

My problem is that when you boo your own team while the game is still in doubt, or when you get real quiet because they're losing unexpectedly, you give up home field advantage. Defense loves noise. The opposing offense is getting away with trick play after trick play, and you decide to shut up or even boo them between plays? Embarrassing.

The Patriot fans booed? How much? I know they ran for the exits early but I didn't catch much booing (although I was flipping back and forth a lot)

Was it much or just a little?

J

It sounds to me like Hobbs is too sensitive. The thought of responding that way shouldn't even enter his mind. He tried to play it off like it doesn't bother him, but in reality it does, or he wouldn't have even commented on it.

Sweetness_34 said:
Any fan that boos is nothing but a loser....simple. You do not like what is going on in the game, go home. Simple. Support your team and players through thick and thin.
Just a ridiculous statement.I paid my money to sit there for 3 hours and paid a lot of it. It's my choice when it comes to how I want to voice my displeasure at what's going on on the field. Leaving does nothing, the money is still in the pocket of the team. Not going at all does nothing, the ticket's already paid for since most tickets being sold are now sold via season ticket packages.You say sell the ticket and let someone else go then? Well one, the money's still in the teams hands and now my PSL (HEY LOOK!!! MORE OF MY MONEY) is at the risk of the behavior of some fan I don't even know because I sold my tickets on Stubhub.Sadly, as a paying fan, it's the only avenue to take and I'm damn well going to do just that if the product on the field does not live up to the standard I've come to expect as a fan.

I was surprised to hear them boo too, but before the half it was mostly because of the play calling in handing it off to Faulk instead of trying something long, like they were going to do the play before but Cassel got sacked. It was a frustrating thing, it looked like the Patriots were just giving up at the half instead of being aggressive, and that's never a good thing to watch.

You pay money to enjoy a game, if that means booing things you don't like, than that's what some people will do, same as cheering things you do like, whatever those things are. Remember, sports is escapism for some fans, if that escape is worse than what they're escaping from, people will boo.

Personally, I'm they type that will always stay until the last play, cheer loudly when things are going well, and always expect them to turn things around when things aren't, and only boo players on the other team.

After saying all that, Cassel did look horrible, he was holding onto the ball way to long, not making good reads, and simply not playing like a starting NFL QB should. Hopefully he can start doing those things effectively.

It sounds to me like Hobbs is too sensitive. The thought of responding that way shouldn't even enter his mind. He tried to play it off like it doesn't bother him, but in reality it does, or he wouldn't have even commented on it.
From the context of the quote, it sounded to me like he was specifically asked about the booing. He answered a reporters question. I'm not sure I draw the "too sensitive" conclusion on this one.

i read that twice and couldn't find one "stupid" or "moron"-ic statement in it

sounds like a guy being honest

The 3rd or 4th time the dolphins used the same formation to bewilder the pats and score a TD I think the fans had a right to booo

That being said, nothing Hobbs said is that bad.

From the context of the quote, it sounded to me like he was specifically asked about the booing. He answered a reporters question. I'm not sure I draw the "too sensitive" conclusion on this one.
He didn't really need to elaborate on that question.

Boston said:
As for Ellis...if he's willing to give the fans back the money the Patriots stole from their customers on Sunday when they did not show up to work that would be a great gesture since many of them aren't making seven figures a year and purchasing tickets is a big financial committment.
They paid to be entertained, that was damn entertaining.

What did you expect, Hobbs is from IOWA STATE. Had to be done.

However, what he said above is right on the money.

those fans that booed are not only an embarrassment to new england, but to all football fans everywhere.

hobbs was right on the money --- too bad the ones in question can't be id'd and blackballed from future games.

what a bunch of moronic jackasses.

:lmao: he's currently one of the best on the team, one of the few not disappointing, and he isn't wrong.
yup, i see nothing wrong with that statement. makes complete sense to me. people booing at that game aren't fans, and mostly likely are on the bandwagon. seems to me that those people are the morons; certainly not hobbs.

I've never and would never boo my favorite team. As a fan, I want to help my team as much as possible even if its practically irrelevant. Teams play better at home for a reason.

I dont have a problem with either side of this debate. New England laid an egg against a 1 win team to a RB coming off a major knee injury, another RB struggling just to stay in the league, and a QB who's been with his 1 win team for about a month and a HS/college formation over and over and over again. Why shouldnt they boo? It wasnt just some ordinary loss. It was embarassing. Throwing out what anyone wants to think of NE or Boston fans, and simply isolating that scenario. It cant be shocking that people would boo. They pay alot of money for that right. But Hobbs is certainly just and accurate in his comments. Theyve played great ball for a long, long time in New England, and do deserve a bad day once in a while. He didnt go too far over the top with his statements. I thought he was pretty reasonable. Im completely sitting on the fence on this one.
:kicksrock: I dont boo but I respect the rights of others who feel that is how they need to express themselves.

Dennis Eckersley had a great line when talking about playing pro sports in Boston (I'm paraphrasing here)..."it's the best place in the country to play when you're winning and the worst place to play when you're losing."

One of the beauties (and evils) of pro sports in this area is the passion of the fans. Fans have a short memory and they will turn those cheers into boos or boos into cheers based on what your doing that moment. It's that type of environment that many athletes thrive in or can't handle because it's far different than many other areas of the country.

Oh lawd. Didn't show up for work. *lol*This is the NFL. You get beat. Dallas will get beat. Giants will lose a game. Philly has already lost a game. Should they all give back a game check when they do?

The Pats gave good effort. They were simply caught on a bad day, Brown looked great and Miami surprised them with a few things. They have a 1st year starting QB, there's a lot in flux, it happens. It's not the Raiders. It's no the Lions. The Pats do things better then most teams, win more then most, have plenty of SBs. The fans there need to relax.

Clearly after 22 wins, people there have no clue how the real NFL works. Sorry, every team except the Pats lose games. It's quite normal. Are you suppose to boo everytime your team loses a game? Seriously?

And Hobbs can handle it. He's just pointing out how stupid they look.
I watched the game. For the most part, they gave full effort. They were outmatched in a number of areas. They got exposed in a number of areas. Well all know Bill was game planning for since new years. I firmly believe they held out parts of their offense for the Pats. Fins aren’t making the playoffs. The games vs the Pats are their superbowl. Grats to MIA. They had a great game plan, Ricky/Brown were a great combo and the defense exposed a 1st year starting QB.

The Pats didn't mail it in. They didn't quit. Unless it's Raiders/Lions/Rams, teams pretty much give full effort every Sunday. I haven't watched a game in 5-6 years where I thought the PLAYERS weren't trying. Coaches maybe. But players bust their ### 99% of the time. Not to mention if you mail it in as a player, you tend to get hurt. Half-speed will get you killed. For the Pats fans to call out "no effort, stealing money" is hilarious. Talk about spoiled. They were on a 22 game winning streak, longest in NFL history. So the streak ends, boooooooooooooooooooooo. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. YOU BUMS!

It's hilarious. Go back to obsessing over the Red Sox. When the Angels punch them in the mouf Red Sox Nation will be in the fetal position for the next 9 months. Your best player is a freaking jockey. Enjoy that.
Was wondering where the venom was coming from. Now it all fits. After the Angels punch the Sox in the 'mouf', are they planning on winning a postseason game this year?

If Sox fans were fairweather, they would have stopped coming 50 years ago.

Pats fans? Not surprised by the booing. A good percentage of those fans started coming when the winning started, comparing those knuckleheads to Sox fans really shows ignorance.
I disagree with the above bolded statement. I was a season ticket holder during the Parcells years and there was a season ticket holder waiting list back then ( mid 90's). Parcells took those Pats to the Bowl in '96. There was a slight dip under Pete Carroll (bottoming out at 8-8) and then one bad year under Belichick before they won the Bowl in 2001. I doubt many fans gave up their season tickets in the transition between Parcells and Belichick. To say a good percentage of the current fans only started coming once they started winning Super Bowls is terribly incorrect.

“Does it hurt? It doesn’t hurt … [but] it amazes me how people react,” he said. “You would think this organization hasn’t won as much as they have, and been as successful in the years that they have. It’s a testament to how spoiled they are, where expectations are that high, that we’re not allowed a bad game or something like that. How many times has someone had a bad day at the office? ..."Hobbs was asked if he is able to block out the booing.“I don’t block it out,” he said. “I accept it. I remember it. I use it as a thing of ‘remember this when you are successful.’ And that’s how you keep it all in perspective, because as soon as they’re stabbing you in the back, booing at you, they’re ready to pat you again as soon as something [goes right]. Now you’re the best in the world or whatever.“This is when you find out what type of player you are,” he continued. “This is actually when you find out what type of man you are, as far as this game goes. When adversity hits, and when things aren’t going your way, who is really in your corner?”Hobbs first touched on the booing when he was asked if he was confident that the Patriots could correct their errors.“Things can always be corrected, even when you win. It’s just that we don’t have the luxury of panicking like a fan does, or to sit there and boo. I’m starting to get into personal stuff, man, but that’s exactly why they’re fans,” he said. “Whoever was doing that, hey, it is what it is. But we’re not sitting here panicking. It’s Week 3. We’re moving on to San Francisco.”
:goodposting: by HobbsHis comments are very reasonable.

What did you expect, Hobbs is from IOWA STATE. Had to be done.However, what he said above is right on the money.
He played for Iowa State, an institution known for using convicts as players to try to win. Sorry, this guy, like most Iowa St. players, has no class and is used to booing for it. Fans SHOULD boo when the coaches are stupid.

:thumbup: I was born a Redskins Fan, and my family has held Season Tickets since 1937 when the 'skins moved here from Boston, and I've seen my share of ups and downs since the 1st game I attended well over 30 Yrs ago......I wasn't much past 6 years old when my Dad took me to my 1st Game, and I'll never forget the talk we had before we went into RFK. Basically, he told me that it was a priviledge and a responsibility to be a Season Ticket Holder, and that attending a game required a different mode of conduct than when watching the game in the privacy of one's own home. No matter how badly the Team might fare on GameDay, you had 6 days and 21 hours to piss and moan all you wanted about the Owner, Team, Players etc., but once the Opening KickOff took place, you had an obligation as the '12th Man' to play your position just like every player on the field, and support the Team no matter the outcome for the entire 60 minutes / 3 hours the Game was being played, and that booing was only playing into the Opponents hand, and was every bit as detrimental to the Team's success as Players who threw in the towel when the chips were down.During my mid 20's and into my mid 30's to be honest (the post-Gibbs era of Petibon, Norv, Schotty and Spurrier), I might have taken him a lil too seriously, and my family, on more than one occasion 'banned' me from attending the Games, because I was mixing it up with other 'skins fans who were conducting themselves in what I felt was an unbecoming manner (booing, etc). That's when my Dad clued me in on the futility of holding the ignorant many up to the high standards of the few. I stopped going for a while when fans of the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants and Ravens started outnumbering us (and we have premium Lower Bowl Seats). That was horrible, and what made it worse was watching all the lukewarm Redskins Fans just sit there and take it, allowing them to conduct themselves as if they were in their own house. Piss-poor...and few if any had your back if tensions heightened and a potential scuffle started to rear it's ugly head. Yes, for all the talk about the Redskins vaunted rabid fan base, that's how it was, and probably will be again if they slump post-Gibbs 2...My Dad taught me plenty during his lifetime, and this lesson ranks among the ones I'm most grateful for. I've passed this on to many a youth in my time, and whether they accept it or not is up to them, but I'll keep spreading his wisdom:When in attendance, you ARE part of the Team - The 12th Man. You play a position that has a responsibility just like a Player. Your responsibility is Conduct, and it's a hell of a lot easier to do your job well than any Player on the field. Fan is short for Fanatic, and a fanatical supporter of ANYTHING gives their undying support through thick and thin. Think about the message you're sending as you let your Team down while playing right into the hands of their opponent, who is already likely outplaying them and beating them on the scoreboard when the booing starts. Think about what the other Team's players must be saying to your guys when they hear the boo-birds calling. You might scoff at the 'big boys' having their morale affected, but even if some of your guys are numb to it and block it out, not all of them are that strong, and it does have a negative effect on some...and don't think for a minute that the opponent isn't getting a HUGE emotional boost from turning a home team's fans against them, and it's raising the morale and level of play of the team on the opposite sideline. Opposing Team's Coaches are no dummies, and you can guarantee-damn-tee that in today's game, where the slightest 'tell' can be used to change the outcome of a Game, that they aren't using it to jack up the emotions of their guys...my own Coaches did the same thing when I was growing up: "You hear that, men? THAT is the sweet sound of victory - OUR victory on THEIR field!". It jacked us up every time...every time. Then again, I've long suspected that the majority of folks on this board never actually played football - if you did, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you didn't, well, now you've got some insight to use as you choose.Hearts and Minds. Do what you will, but think about it next time your butt's in a seat. Are you really a Fan(atic)?Rant Over

Users who are viewing this thread