What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Emari Demercado - RB Arizona (1 Viewer)

MTskibum

Footballguy
He is the #1 trending player right now on sleeper with 5,000 pickups in the last week but only a 5% ownership.

Any reason why people picked him up this week? I tried searching twitter/net with no hits. It seems kind of out of the blue for him to trend.

Someone on Reddit did a dynasty write up on him recently. Essentially Demercado has a chance to do something if Conner goes down because the guys in front of him are pretty garbage. He made a good case for Demercado.

Blake Allen Murphy @blakemurphy7
Interesting name brought up from Cardinals camp by RB Corey Clement is undrafted RB Emari Demercado—specifically called out that he did well in picking up the offense and pass protection calls. Mentioned him in the same breath as Michael Wilson when talking rookies.

Sigmund Bloom @SigmundBloom
Came up huge in the national semi too

If we are very lucky, he will break a 60 yard run in the 4th quarter of the first preseason game. It’s always a better preseason when there’s an August fever about some scrub. :P

I've actually been hoping his name doesn't come up so I can get him on the real cheap for dynasty. Played behind Zach Evans and Kendre Miller at TCU, two guys who are nothing to sneeze at. 4.44 at his Pro Day, giving him around less than a 4.5 adjusted. Good speed score. Low burst score at thirty percent but good agility at around 80th percentile.

In all, the numbers look good. You could do a ton worse for a long shot. He compares favorably to Keontay Ingram's testing, but didn't even get enough run to be a focus of any Matt Waldman profile. In short, a lottery ticket.

I've actually been hoping his name doesn't come up so I can get him on the real cheap for dynasty. Played behind Zach Evans and Kendre Miller at TCU, two guys who are nothing to sneeze at. 4.44 at his Pro Day, giving him around less than a 4.5 adjusted. Good speed score. Low burst score at thirty percent but good agility at around 80th percentile.

In all, the numbers look good. You could do a ton worse for a long shot. He compares favorably to Keontay Ingram's testing, but didn't even get enough run to be a focus of any Matt Waldman profile. In short, a lottery ticket.
Well, brining his name to the top of the queue... and put in a WW bid for him ($1 of $200) but 25 man rosters in 12 Team 1 QB league ... so worth a 2-3 week hold/pickup stash.

They do seem to have some faith in K Ingram.

Personally Ive held Ingram in dynasty (4 leagues) for a year waiting for the inevitable Connor injury. Of course when it comes Ingram is also hurt.

Unless the coaching staff plays it conservative or sticks with "their guy," Demercado is a better running back than Ingram. Ingram started at USC while Demercado sat behind Zach Evans and Kendre Miller, two guys in the NFL. That's why you don't know about him and you know about Ingram. But I'll bet dimes that Demercado is a better back in the pros.

He runs a little harder, faster, stronger.

Last edited:
Unless the coaching staff plays it conservative or sticks with "their guy," Demercado is a better running back than Ingram. Ingram started at USC while Demercado sat behind Zach Evans and Kendre Miller, two guys in the NFL. That's why you don't know about him and you know about Ingram. But I'll bet dimes that Demercado is a better back in the pros.

But can he consistently catch the rock?

But can he consistently catch the rock?
He didn’t catch a ton of balls at TCU. But he does have decent hands. He always ran hard for the Frogs and was sort of stuck behind higher perceived talent. Always loved this kid.

Second play here shows a receiving TD.

He’s got some jets if he gets through the hole.

Long TD Vs Colorado

Long run Vs Michigan

Looks like a Chris Carson type. Nice vision. Bengals were playing really inspired so it was a tough matchup to do. Interested to see what he does with a gameplan involving him.

Users who are viewing this thread