What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN's "C'mon Man" shtick (1 Viewer)

Arizona Ron

Footballguy
The "C'mon Man" shtick on Monday Night football is horrible. Keyshawn pulls this off pretty good, but hearing Ditka and Boom fall over it each time is awful.

And I like ESPN, a lot - I'm usually taking up for them so this makes it even more awkward. It's the same feeling when you see a family member doing something stupid in public.

Please end this horrible shtick, TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole show is schtick. It's like they have an annoying idiot quota that must be filled at all times....Emmitt gone...POOF! We give you Chris Carter. The show just sucks.

Agreed on the "Come On Man" bit; pretty much on par with the "Jacked Up!" segment. Stupid & uncomfortable. In their defense; I find most pregame shows have become more mindless fluff than substance. I'll stick with Match-Up & Gamebook. If I wanted to watch clowns, I'd watch the damn circus.

But ya tune in to it huh? It's brutal but you can't turn the channel, then when it's over, you ask, 'wtf was thinking, wasting my time watching that crapola'. Then we all tune in again to cringe the next week. :(

:blackdot:

I actually like the segment, or at least, the idea behind it. Don't get to watch all the games and don't get to see all the stupid stuff, so maybe I'm the target audience. That said, the two announcers who suck at it are terrible, but, I'm OK with that.

Hey I like the C'mon Man thing. I think it's funny when Mike and Boom do it. Keyshawn is the one who seems like he's kind of over doing it with the way he keeps changing up the way he says it. All tv commentary is pretty much useless if you already have 'real' NFL news sources. I like shows that entertain and don't take themselves too seriously and have good video and production quality. They're not going to tell me anything I don't already know 9 times out of 10.

I like the C'mon Man segment....hate i missed it this week.

I even find myself saying Cmon Man alot like them.....

Even like Bermans " Whoooop!!" when you do the highlights.

Now Uncle TOM on there i dont like to much.

I never seen it, I don't watch anything besides games themselves. If there's free time im on the interweb soaking in as much info as possible, anything else is a waste of time. I suggest you do the same.

I love it, just because Ditka is so bad at it. Almost without fail, he'll do his bit say "C'mon man!" then say something else that's equivalent to "C'mon man." It's completely redundant and shows he doesn't really have a clue what the entire bit is about. It's awesome!

I also miss Jacked Up.

Wife likes to see all the mistakes in an "entertaining" format, which helps her get into MNF. Anything that gets her more into football is a plus.

It helps too. She didn't ask to switch over to Gossip Girl even once.

The "C'mon Man" shtick on Monday Night football is horrible. Keyshawn pulls this off pretty good, but hearing Ditka and Boom fall over it each time is awful.

And I like ESPN, a lot - I'm usually taking up for them so this makes it even more awkward. It's the same feeling when you see a family member doing something stupid in public.

ESPN sucks; it is a shell of what it once was. I haven't seen "C'mon Man" because I don't watch their pregame shows. When was the last time one of these shows told you something you didn't know. They are nothing more than a sports soap opera.

I love it, just because Ditka is so bad at it. Almost without fail, he'll do his bit say "C'mon man!" then say something else that's equivalent to "C'mon man." It's completely redundant and shows he doesn't really have a clue what the entire bit is about. It's awesome!I also miss Jacked Up.
stupid is as stupid does :goodposting:

I don't mind it. And agree with Phurfur, most of these shows rarely tell us anything we don't already know, but I still like to kick back and soak it all in. I think it's a nice break from browsing the innerwebs 24/7.

JMO but ESPN sucks now.Berman has become a cricature of himself, Stuart Scott has used the same schtick since he was hired,making Adam Schefter sit there like a puppet on a stool with Mort is embarrasing. Almost unwatchable any more.

ESPN sucks; it is a shell of what it once was. I haven't seen "C'mon Man" because I don't watch their pregame shows. When was the last time one of these shows told you something you didn't know. They are nothing more than a sports soap opera.
:bag: Sums it up right there. There is literally no reason to watch any of those pregame shows.

dirtywaters20 said:
The whole show is schtick. It's like they have an annoying idiot quota that must be filled at all times....Emmitt gone...POOF! We give you Chris Carter. The show just sucks.Agreed on the "Come On Man" bit; pretty much on par with the "Jacked Up!" segment. Stupid & uncomfortable. In their defense; I find most pregame shows have become more mindless fluff than substance. I'll stick with Match-Up & Gamebook. If I wanted to watch clowns, I'd watch the damn circus.
:football: Agreed. It's awful...

daddo39 said:
JMO but ESPN sucks now.Berman has become a cricature of himself, Stuart Scott has used the same schtick since he was hired,making Adam Schefter sit there like a puppet on a stool with Mort is embarrasing. Almost unwatchable any more.
That can be said of anyone who's been in the spotlight for 20+ years. His 'shtick' was that he sat at a newsdesk and made silly sounds and made up funny nicknames. Of course it gets a little old after twenty years, but I give him credit for not trying to reinvent himself and become Mr. take-me-seriously-as-a-journalist. A man as well-paid and well-respected as Berman could have decided a long time ago that he was above making 'whoop, whoop' sounds.All the guys on ESPN's football coverage have their little shticks and I can take them all for the most part. The only guy I just couldn't stand was Michael Irvin. The way he constantly sided with all the thugs and troublemakers in the league made me want to choke him.

daddo39 said:
That can be said of anyone who's been in the spotlight for 20+ years. His 'shtick' was that he sat at a newsdesk and made silly sounds and made up funny nicknames. Of course it gets a little old after twenty years, but I give him credit for not trying to reinvent himself and become Mr. take-me-seriously-as-a-journalist. A man as well-paid and well-respected as Berman could have decided a long time ago that he was above making 'whoop, whoop' sounds.All the guys on ESPN's football coverage have their little shticks and I can take them all for the most part. The only guy I just couldn't stand was Michael Irvin. The way he constantly sided with all the thugs and troublemakers in the league made me want to choke him.
:confused: Agree.

Always easy for us to sit here and criticize.

His shtick has stayed the same, we have just got older and grown out of it.

Is there anything some of you won't complain about?

If you dont like it, put it on mute or change the channel.

Hate the delivery but love the idea. Wish they did more situations. Alerts me to plays I wouldn't have known about. Like DeAngelo Hall being a complete wimp in run support.

Ditka calling Pace "Tate" during the bit, then realizing he messed it up...

HE'S A FORMER PRO BOWLER COACH! C'mon Man! :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any show which tries to broadcast 24/7 sucks -- there just isn't enough to say so they have to fill in the holes with repetitive schtick. CNBC also sucks even though the idea for a business news site is great. Its just what happens when you have 3 hours of worthwhile content that you broadcast over a 24 hour period...I find that at least Berman & Co. are entertaining while being foolish and not saying anything of substance...

Hate the delivery but love the idea. Wish they did more situations. Alerts me to plays I wouldn't have known about. Like DeAngelo Hall being a complete wimp in run support.
In run support?He doesn't tackle anybody. He can't bring down Jake Delhomme?

My girlfriend loves the ESPN bit. Everytime I ask her to give it up, she says........"C'mon Man!" I then say....no, really, please give me some lovin and she says once again, "C'mon Man!"

I can't watch any of these pre-game shows. Occasionally there is something insightful, but I'm not sitting through 20 minutes of crap for 2 minutes of substance.

One of the highlights of my year was getting a universal remote that controls my TiVo and comes programmed with a 30-second skip. I let about an hour build up on MNF and then just zip from play-to-play without having to hear anything but Tirico's play-by-play. (Would have been a God-send in the Kornhole years, as Gruden/Jaws aren't nearly as bad, though getting there with their forced "conflicts")

I've historically watched ESPN almost exclusively, but have grown very tired of all the shtick, and thus have watched almost none of it this season (except for the games). I get Schefter and Morts updates via Twitter, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything (and I'm not annoyed).

I'm glued to NFL Network before and after games.

Even worse is hearing Boomer give a nickname to every guy that's played the game....that schtick is so over-played it makes me wanna punch him in the face everytime I see him open his pie-hole :rolleyes:

I think they need to get Ochocinco on there and turn it into a "Comon Son" segment, I think Ocho would make that alot of fun. :mancrush: :thumbup:

Balco said:
THE UNDERCOVER BROTHA said:
Balco said:
Yeah that was flat out horrible
The Bowe attempted tackle was embarrassing. Horrible effort.
:brush:We ain't playin two hand touch out here?

I can sit through it since the plays themselves have some entertainment value.

But I almost threw a chair through my tv when I couldn't find my remote and the College Game Day Final segment 'Final Verdict' came on. Oh how awful it is to watch Lou Holtz stutter through what he thinks a lawyer in a courtroom might sound like and with the host actually dressed up like a judge.

Only vid example I could find for the curious: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4470016

I can sit through it since the plays themselves have some entertainment value.

But I almost threw a chair through my tv when I couldn't find my remote and the College Game Day Final segment 'Final Verdict' came on. Oh how awful it is to watch Lou Holtz stutter through what he thinks a lawyer in a courtroom might sound like and with the host actually dressed up like a judge.

Only vid example I could find for the curious: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4470016
Lol...final verdict is definitely worse than c'mon man!! No question about it....

Cmon man was whack this week....

I dont like how now excited the say CMON MAN aside from Chris Berman...

I like how crunk Chris Carter say it but those other guys make it so dull and boring.....

lou holtz is a comedic goldmine and cmon man is great. if you think otherwise you suck and take things too serioulsy. its freakin sports.

Users who are viewing this thread