What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ethical Question from Commish viewpoint... (1 Viewer)

that is all finebut then ask yourself this:if this was par for the course and no big deal, why ask about it in here?
Because I felt guilty that people were falling for it and I am the commissioner. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought. I still don't think posting the story was wrong...

that is all finebut then ask yourself this:if this was par for the course and no big deal, why ask about it in here?
Because I felt guilty that people were falling for it and I am the commissioner. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought. I still don't think posting the story was wrong...
If they are dumb enough to fall for that, then you should be able to beat them straight up. Wouldn't think that you would need to resort to that kind of crap to win THAT league.Just my opinion.

That's the point, you felt guilty and asked and now are mad that people answered??I don't often ask about things I know are no big deal, nor do I often feel guilty about things i know are not wrong. If you want to know what other people think, be prepared for them to disagree. If you don;t want to know, don't ask.

That's the point, you felt guilty and asked and now are mad that people answered??I don't often ask about things I know are no big deal, nor do I often feel guilty about things i know are not wrong. If you want to know what other people think, be prepared for them to disagree. If you don;t want to know, don't ask.
Seriously, can people not read? I could care less how people answered my question, I was looking for opinions. However, I didn't ask people if they thought I should resign as commish because I posted a fake story... geez... By the way, we have a pretty solid league... one guy fell for it and started spreading the panick around the league. I would say four owners feel for it until they did a little research...

Seriously, can people not read? I could care less how people answered my question, I was looking for opinions. However, I didn't ask people if they thought I should resign as commish because I posted a fake story... geez... By the way, we have a pretty solid league... one guy fell for it and started spreading the panick around the league. I would say four owners feel for it until they did a little research...
whenever a comish takes an action he feels he needs to ask a message board about, from an ethical perspective, people are going to call him a bad comish. A good comish does not question the etthics of his actions, because he knows. The responses are to be expected.

whenever a comish takes an action he feels he needs to ask a message board about, from an ethical perspective, people are going to call him a bad comish. A good comish does not question the etthics of his actions, because he knows. The responses are to be expected.
You're wrong because I am a good commish and I questioned the ethics of my actions. That is what a good commish would do... a bad commish would post the story like normal, secretly make fun of the gullible owners, and never say a word. The very second that I found out someone actually fell for it I decided it would be in my best interest to let them know. How does that make me a bad commissioner? Before you respond please take not of the following: WE ALL POST STORIES IN OUR LEAGUE. IT IS A DAILY OCCURANCE. I DID NOT VIOLATE MY COMMISSIONER PRIVILIGES BY POSTING FAKE NEWS.

You're wrong because I am a good commish and I questioned the ethics of my actions. That is what a good commish would do... a bad commish would post the story like normal, secretly make fun of the gullible owners, and never say a word. The very second that I found out someone actually fell for it I decided it would be in my best interest to let them know. How does that make me a bad commissioner? Before you respond please take not of the following: WE ALL POST STORIES IN OUR LEAGUE. IT IS A DAILY OCCURANCE. I DID NOT VIOLATE MY COMMISSIONER PRIVILIGES BY POSTING FAKE NEWS.
if the bolded part is true this thread can be deleted. :X

I am not calling you a bad guy, but you are insisting there is no question that you did the right thing, while asking if it is ethical, and saying you feel guilty. Whenever a comish posts in here and says "i did X, was that ethical?" some people are going to reply that as a comish you cannot take actions you do not KNOW are ethical. I was just pointing out you asked the question, yet you seem 100% convinced you knew the answer.

I am not trying to fight, and I'll let it drop. In the future if you want advice on ethics, be prepared to be told you are wrong, because some people are going to think you are, and when people think a commissioner is being unethical they are going to tee off.

toddhead said:
To quote you:"Perhaps you need thicker skin"

Users who are viewing this thread