What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Everyone pick up Jerome Harrison (1 Viewer)

Addai's Adidas

Footballguy
Let's all pick up Jerome Harrison as a sign of support for him. Let's make him the most picked up player on Yahoo, CBS, MFL, ESPN, etc. All the fantasy gurus and shows will name him as the most picked up player this weekend. Let's put him at the top of the lists! I just did. Let him you know we care!

Last edited by a moderator:
Report: Jerome Harrison has a brain tumor :( :( :(

Detroit Lions running back Jerome Harrison has a brain tumor that was discovered during a physical performed by the Philadelphia Eagles, The Philadelphia Inquirer confirmed Thursday.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz, during his session with the media Thursday, would not address Harrison's health.

The Lions, just before the league's trading deadline on Tuesday afternoon, had agreed to a deal that would have sent Harrison and a seventh-round pick in the 2013 draft pick to Philadelphia in exchange for running back Ronnie Brown.

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/10/20/11/Report-Jerome-Harrison-has-a-brain-tumor/landing_lions.html?blockID=585980&feedID=3701

Report: Jerome Harrison has a brain tumor :( :( :(

Detroit Lions running back Jerome Harrison has a brain tumor that was discovered during a physical performed by the Philadelphia Eagles, The Philadelphia Inquirer confirmed Thursday.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz, during his session with the media Thursday, would not address Harrison's health.

The Lions, just before the league's trading deadline on Tuesday afternoon, had agreed to a deal that would have sent Harrison and a seventh-round pick in the 2013 draft pick to Philadelphia in exchange for running back Ronnie Brown.

http://www.foxsports...980&feedID=3701
Holy crap. I didn't know it was something like that. I was about to joke around with my post 'till I saw this last entry here. No joke - I wish him well. He'll need it. What a devastating thing to find out.

How often to NFL players have physicals?

I would assume that the teams would do a complete physical at the beginning of each season, but I guess not???

Why stop at Jerome Harrison? Maybe I should pick up a dissident in an Iranian jail? Or a human rights activist in China...

Let's all pick up Jerome Harrison as a sign of support for him. Let's make him the most picked up player on Yahoo, CBS, MFL, ESPN, etc. All the fantasy gurus and shows will name him as the most picked up player this weekend. Let's put him at the top of the lists! I just did. Let him you know we care!
I like your idea.Sadly, I'm not surprised at all that you have gotten some of the responses that you have. Unfortunately, it seems that unless there is a mechanism for making fantast football points, a lot of people in the Shark Pool have no care for the human condition. I can only assume that a lot of the people that posts such responses are simply too young to have ever experienced a traumatic/scary event in their life or (hopefully not) just too self-absorbed to care.There have been a number of threads here asking or expressing concern about players and there are always a lot of negative posters. I really don't get it. But as a person who has had been around long enough to experience some of these things or be a part of efforts that are trying to help people out, I Can assure you that if you are able to shoot Harrison's name to the top as you mention or get him trending in Twitter, etc, it will not go unnoticed. Best of luck to you!

I like your idea.Sadly, I'm not surprised at all that you have gotten some of the responses that you have. Unfortunately, it seems that unless there is a mechanism for making fantast football points, a lot of people in the Shark Pool have no care for the human condition. I can only assume that a lot of the people that posts such responses are simply too young to have ever experienced a traumatic/scary event in their life or (hopefully not) just too self-absorbed to care.There have been a number of threads here asking or expressing concern about players and there are always a lot of negative posters. I really don't get it. But as a person who has had been around long enough to experience some of these things or be a part of efforts that are trying to help people out, I Can assure you that if you are able to shoot Harrison's name to the top as you mention or get him trending in Twitter, etc, it will not go unnoticed. Best of luck to you!
:goodposting:

I agree. It would be cool to see his name up on Yahoo trending or whatever.Also, most of the people in this thread suck.

I like your idea.Sadly, I'm not surprised at all that you have gotten some of the responses that you have. Unfortunately, it seems that unless there is a mechanism for making fantast football points, a lot of people in the Shark Pool have no care for the human condition. I can only assume that a lot of the people that posts such responses are simply too young to have ever experienced a traumatic/scary event in their life or (hopefully not) just too self-absorbed to care.

There have been a number of threads here asking or expressing concern about players and there are always a lot of negative posters. I really don't get it. But as a person who has had been around long enough to experience some of these things or be a part of efforts that are trying to help people out, I Can assure you that if you are able to shoot Harrison's name to the top as you mention or get him trending in Twitter, etc, it will not go unnoticed. Best of luck to you!
Right, because goofing off on an internet message board that the person in question will never see in a million years is evidence of having no care for the human condition. I think many of us do care for the human condition, but we just don't find silly gestures that do nothing for anybody, while I guess somewhat considerate, equate to "caring about the human condition." If you really care about the human condition, donate some money to a good cause. Volunteer your time. Send an email to Harrison's contacts asking if there's anything you can do. Picking him up in a ff league?And he will be trending on yahoo anyway, because that's a pretty big deal and a crazy story.

Unfortunately this week is my bye week hell, and with a short bench, I just don't have the room to add him. However, I will donate 20% of my winnings to a cancer society in lieu of adding him. I think it's a great idea and would show some awesome support for the guy, but it's also extremely understandable that a lot of people just can't feasibly do it.

I like your idea.Sadly, I'm not surprised at all that you have gotten some of the responses that you have. Unfortunately, it seems that unless there is a mechanism for making fantast football points, a lot of people in the Shark Pool have no care for the human condition. I can only assume that a lot of the people that posts such responses are simply too young to have ever experienced a traumatic/scary event in their life or (hopefully not) just too self-absorbed to care.

There have been a number of threads here asking or expressing concern about players and there are always a lot of negative posters. I really don't get it. But as a person who has had been around long enough to experience some of these things or be a part of efforts that are trying to help people out, I Can assure you that if you are able to shoot Harrison's name to the top as you mention or get him trending in Twitter, etc, it will not go unnoticed. Best of luck to you!
Right, because goofing off on an internet message board that the person in question will never see in a million years is evidence of having no care for the human condition. I think many of us do care for the human condition, but we just don't find silly gestures that do nothing for anybody, while I guess somewhat considerate, equate to "caring about the human condition." If you really care about the human condition, donate some money to a good cause. Volunteer your time. Send an email to Harrison's contacts asking if there's anything you can do. Picking him up in a ff league?And he will be trending on yahoo anyway, because that's a pretty big deal and a crazy story.
You never know what your "silly gestures" might do for someone. Sometimes a kind word goes farther than lots of other things. There are thousands of stories about how a small, abstract statement or deed makes a significnat impact. A few months ago someone tweets about a dying girl's final wishes and it takes off until people are throwing their resources at her to make her wishes fulfilled. It does happen. I have fed meals to dying people in hospitals on Thanksgiving day and I can tell you for certain it makes a difference.

I'm not trying to make a big deal of my earlier post. I'm just saying you just can't assume that a little thing won't carry a long way. Jerome Harrison is probably pretty shaken right now and wh is to say that if a bunch of fantasy footballers made him this weeks biggest pickup of the week that somebody might take notice and mention on the air that he topped Yahoo, CBS, etc. And then it becomes a nice story and maybe Jerome Harrison and his family just look at it for a minute and say "how cool". He feels a little better.

That little effort it takes each of us to individually do is, to me, worth a lot more than the effort someone uses to post a snide remark on it.

You never know what your "silly gestures" might do for someone. Sometimes a kind word goes farther than lots of other things. There are thousands of stories about how a small, abstract statement or deed makes a significnat impact. A few months ago someone tweets about a dying girl's final wishes and it takes off until people are throwing their resources at her to make her wishes fulfilled. It does happen. I have fed meals to dying people in hospitals on Thanksgiving day and I can tell you for certain it makes a difference.

I'm not trying to make a big deal of my earlier post. I'm just saying you just can't assume that a little thing won't carry a long way. Jerome Harrison is probably pretty shaken right now and wh is to say that if a bunch of fantasy footballers made him this weeks biggest pickup of the week that somebody might take notice and mention on the air that he topped Yahoo, CBS, etc. And then it becomes a nice story and maybe Jerome Harrison and his family just look at it for a minute and say "how cool". He feels a little better.

That little effort it takes each of us to individually do is, to me, worth a lot more than the effort someone uses to post a snide remark on it.
:lmao:

I shouldn't respond to this because I'm really irked at how ignorant this response is... but screw it.The type of person who deems someone else's good natured thought (in this case you're the "type of person" and the "good natured thought" is the OP) as a "silly gesture" is a moron. Who are you to say someone's little niche on this forum, in the form of a post, is silly and will do nothing for anybody? If one person responds in a positive way then you are already 100% wrong - and guess what? Some people responded positively. Maybe the OP doesn't have money to donate to any "cause" you think they should. Maybe they do. Either way - how in the hell is a post with a genuinely innocent idea a silly gesture?

If anything, we should feel bad for these people who really, really don't see anything wrong with coming and making fun of the OP's idea. I'll take any idea, as silly as it may seem to you, over some of the incredibly stupid responses in this thread. Jokes are one thing, but directly attacking the OP when she was sincere in her attempt is a d-bag move.

'Hoss Style said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Shutout said:
'Addai said:

I shouldn't respond to this because I'm really irked at how ignorant this response is... but screw it.The type of person who deems someone else's good natured thought (in this case you're the "type of person" and the "good natured thought" is the OP) as a "silly gesture" is a moron. Who are you to say someone's little niche on this forum, in the form of a post, is silly and will do nothing for anybody? If one person responds in a positive way then you are already 100% wrong - and guess what? Some people responded positively. Maybe the OP doesn't have money to donate to any "cause" you think they should. Maybe they do. Either way - how in the hell is a post with a genuinely innocent idea a silly gesture?

If anything, we should feel bad for these people who really, really don't see anything wrong with coming and making fun of the OP's idea. I'll take any idea, as silly as it may seem to you, over some of the incredibly stupid responses in this thread. Jokes are one thing, but directly attacking the OP when she was sincere in her attempt is a d-bag move.
:goodposting: Yeah, I'm sure an email from a random guy will get through to him with all the #### he's going through now and brighten up his day more than a million FFers picking him up as a show of support would.

'Hoss Style said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Shutout said:
'Addai said:

:goodposting: Yeah, I'm sure an email from a random guy will get through to him with all the #### he's going through now and brighten up his day more than a million FFers picking him up as a show of support would.
why is it one guy sending an e-mail vs one million guys picking him up?I think he'd rather have his inbox spammed with one million e-mails for support than have one random guy pick him up on his fantasy team.

so send e-mails.

also, follow the gourd.

Bah...

I came back to delete my post because arguing on the internet is blah blah... but it's already been quoted. It was a knee-jerk reaction to an almost bully-like mentality towards the OP from some of the posters. Like posting a response is going to change years of deep rooted inbreeding.

Exibit A

'scrumptrulescent said:
This is stupid.
They is what they is.Keep the good thoughts, OP. And I'm out.

'Hoss Style said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Shutout said:
'Addai said:

why is it one guy sending an e-mail vs one million guys picking him up?I think he'd rather have his inbox spammed with one million e-mails for support than have one random guy pick him up on his fantasy team.

so send e-mails.

also, follow the gourd.
Are sports shows going to comment about his email account on the air? Think that will be a story on Sunday? Or will a cool idea like making him the #1 pickup garner more attention? The whole point is to have a LOT of people pick him up, not just one.

'Hoss Style said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Shutout said:
'Addai said:

so send e-mails.

also, follow the gourd.
Are sports shows going to comment about his email account on the air? Think that will be a story on Sunday? Or will a cool idea like making him the #1 pickup garner more attention? The whole point is to have a LOT of people pick him up, not just one.
psshh...except you, you mean.it won't work with your attitude putting your fantasy bench before some guy's brain cancer.

I, on the other hand, am going to make my voice heard by dropping britt for him, but it's gonna hurt my campaign to support kenny britt -- that wasn't going anywhere, anyway.

'Hoss Style said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Shutout said:
'Addai said:

so send e-mails.

also, follow the gourd.
psshh...except you, you mean.it won't work with your attitude putting your fantasy bench before some guy's brain cancer.

I, on the other hand, am going to make my voice heard by dropping britt for him, but it's gonna hurt my campaign to support kenny britt -- that wasn't going anywhere, anyway.
Any other week I could've, but week 7 is my killer. It wold seriously hinder my chances of being able to donate part of my winnings to charity. Not doing it for valid reasons is different than not doing it because you think it's silly.

'footballnerd said:
Think it will be more noticed if everyone tweet a prayer for him on Twitter.
Amen, brother. This month, all around the league, the NFL is recognizing Breast Cancer Awareness. Cancer, in one form or another, has likely afflicted someone close to each of us. Whatever you are moved to do in honor of that awareness, do it, regardless of whatever ridicule you may endure. So if you are moved to acquire Harrison this week as a move honoring him, then go for it.Isaiah 53:4-5 says that Jesus took up our pain and bore our suffering, . . . and by His wounds we are healed. May Jerome Harrison be healed and recover quickly, and may others through him recognize a need to get a physical themselves.

'footballnerd said:
Think it will be more noticed if everyone tweet a prayer for him on Twitter.
Amen, brother. This month, all around the league, the NFL is recognizing Breast Cancer Awareness. Cancer, in one form or another, has likely afflicted someone close to each of us. Whatever you are moved to do in honor of that awareness, do it, regardless of whatever ridicule you may endure. So if you are moved to acquire Harrison this week as a move honoring him, then go for it.Isaiah 53:4-5 says that Jesus took up our pain and bore our suffering, . . . and by His wounds we are healed. May Jerome Harrison be healed and recover quickly, and may others through him recognize a need to get a physical themselves.
A little too much boo with that yay.I've got an idea. If you want somebody to know you're thinking about them, maybe consider attempting to try to tell them so. Jerome Harrison is a real person made of flesh and blood. And he isn't exactly Tiger Woods famous/unreachable. You can probably get a message to him one way or another. Does he have a blog? Do you know who his agent is? If you scour the internet I'm sure you can find a way to get a card or letter or email to him. I'd suggest a card or letter with something eye-catching on the envelope. Maybe a picture of Kim Kardashian's hind quarters in a bikini. And if you want to make a difference, donate money or your time. I spent seven years as director of development of a major market non-profit and I have few pet peeves greater than holier than thou unicorn brigade people thinking they have moral high ground in situations where they are doing absolutely nothing substantive, while pointing fingers at others for things that have no consequence whatsoever. Caring for the human condition calls for a lot more than lip service on a fantasy football message board. Caring about the human condition calls for some honest to God sacrifice. What would Tim Tebow do? Would he add Jerome Harrison to his fantasy football team? Hell no! If he drops Damaryus Thomas to do it and somebody else picks him up and he blows up...then what? What if Jerome wasn't even on teh googlez the day that he trends?? THen what? Write the man and let him know that you think tumors are bad and that you think it would be better if the tumor didn't do negative things to him. And then send a check to the American Cancer Society/Big Brothers Big Sisters/Teach for America/me. As for the OP, I appreciate the thought of wanting to do something for somebody who is down on the luck, but if he can't take some ballbreaking on a football website, then he needs to toughen up buttercup, for when the real world comes calling.

'Luke Skywalker said:
'Shutout said:
'Addai said:
I agree. It would be cool to see his name up on Yahoo trending or whatever.Also, most of the people in this thread suck.
Most people im the shark pool suck. Nothing new there. Especially in this this thread though, I'll give you that.

Users who are viewing this thread