What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Explosions at Boston Marathon (2 Viewers)

So it was the tea party as so many here kept speculating on....
You're really a piece of work.
Why? The worst posts on this whole threads were the a-holes speculating early on about there's party being behind this. I sarcasticly criticize Obama for taking a day to use the word terror because of some nansy-pansy politically correct worldview and I get jumped on by many of the same speculating a-holes.

Can someone do a Reader's Digest version of the last seven hours or so? WTF?
From CNN:

Two men suspected in the Boston Marathon bombings that killed three people may have terrorized the area a second time overnight. The latest developments:

-- A man who police believe is a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was shot and killed by officers in an exchange of gunfire.

-- A second suspect is at large in the Boston suburb of Watertown, where dozens of officers from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies have fanned out to track him down.

-- Police are going door-to-door to look for him.

-- The violence began late Thursday night when a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer was shot and killed when he responded to a disturbance on campus.

-- Within an hour, police were called to respond to a carjacking, which led them on a chase of the two suspects through Watertown.

-- The fleeing men allegedly used explosives against police as they were being chased.

-- Police have warned Watertown residents to lock their homes and stay away from windows and doors.

• Late Thursday night, the two suspects robbed a 7-11 near the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and then shot and killed an MIT police officer.
  • The suspects then carjacked a vehicle (driver was released) and when confronted by police, a gun battle ensued, with the suspects throwing explosive devices out the car windows, including a pressure cooker device. (Police continue with efforts to disarm some of those explosives.)
  • The man identified as "suspect number one" during Thursday's FBI press conference is shot and killed by police. He had multiple gunshot wounds, blast injuries and had an IED strapped to his chest. "Suspect number two" eluded capture.
  • The suspect still on the run has been identified as 19-year old Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev and the dead suspect as his 20-year old brother (no name given). They are said to be either Turkish or Chechen refugees who are/were legal, permanent residents.
For other people who actually slept last night.

Why? The worst posts on this whole threads were the a-holes speculating early on about there's party being behind this. I sarcasticly criticize Obama for taking a day to use the word terror because of some nansy-pansy politically correct worldview and I get jumped on by many of the same speculating a-holes.
It's an 85 page thread. I think there may have been two or three idiots very early on who made the Tea Party accusations. You really need to get a life, Pal. It must truly suck getting up every day and 'winning' political messageboard arguments is your only goal. Kissing a female would do wonders for your outlook on life. Try it.

Chechnya has never been about religion, it has been about oppression. It doesn't matter now anyway, those who want it to be about religion got their way the minute we found out they were foreign and from a predominately Muslim region.
I might be showing my ignorance, but wouldn't religion be the only justification for an attack inthe US though? I got the impression that we had historically been against Russia's actions there and that really only changed after 9/11 after fighters there got involved against us in Afghanistan.
I try to keep an open mind about this but it seems like there is more that is going to come out. It obviously had nothing to do with al-Qaeda officially because it probably would have been more successful. I just hope they get suspect #2 alive so he can 'splain.
How can anyone say something is obvious in this situation? There has been so much misinformation in the past week and we are less than 12 hours from when these two were identified. I don't think you can zero in on or rule out any motives or connections.
You're right. I shouldn't have said obvious. It just seems like if it were some kind of globally organized attack by al-Qaeda, it would have been more sophisticated than it was. I could be wrong, but they seem to go all out when they plan an attack.

How scared crapless is this ####### right now. Teenager with 9,000 cops after him and all alone now that his big brother is dead. Awesome. I hope he's curled up in a ball somewhere sobbing.
I bet he is not taken alive.
Predicted this yesterday. Thank you.

Loners - check

Still in area - check

Few or no friends - check.

Heavily armed - check

Planned more killings - check

will be caught within 48 hours - check

Just missed on nationality however they have been here for a couple years.

No $ to go on the run - check

Grade - A-

FBI should probably hire me as a consultant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chechnya has never been about religion, it has been about oppression. It doesn't matter now anyway, those who want it to be about religion got their way the minute we found out they were foreign and from a predominately Muslim region.
I might be showing my ignorance, but wouldn't religion be the only justification for an attack in the US though?

I got the impression that we had historically been against Russia's actions there and that really only changed after 9/11 after fighters there got involved against us in Afghanistan.
I try to keep an open mind about this but it seems like there is more that is going to come out. It obviously had nothing to do with al-Qaeda officially because it probably would have been more successful. I just hope they get suspect #2 alive so he can 'splain.
We may find that they had family/friends killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. Don't be so sure it's not Al-Qaeda connected, Ayman Al-Zawahiri himself went there to recruit fighters and money and almost got caught back in the 90s. More on Chechnya background
I've said it once I'll say it again...Dr. D is quite an asset to have here on this stuff. Thanks. :thumbup:

(Now on OSU-Michigan matters, GTFO :thumbup: )

How scared crapless is this ####### right now. Teenager with 9,000 cops after him and all alone now that his big brother is dead. Awesome. I hope he's curled up in a ball somewhere sobbing.
I bet he is not taken alive.
Predicted this yesterday. Thank you.

Loners - check

Still in area - check

Few or no friends - check.

Heavily armed - check

Planned more killings - check

Just missed on nationality however they have been here for a couple years.

FBI should probably hire me as a consultant.
human - check.

WOW.. all of Boston now in lock down :eek:
Yeah, that's not a good precedent. Two guys can shut down one of the biggest metro areas in the states makes the terrorists smile.

And before anyone asks, them being in Kazakhstan before is ok. Kazakhstan is a very moderate nation, no real international terrorism footprint.

It's an 85 page thread. I think there may have been two or three idiots very early on who made the Tea Party accusations. You really need to get a life, Pal. It must truly suck getting up every day and 'winning' political messageboard arguments is your only goal. Kissing a female would do wonders for your outlook on life. Try it.
Do you need a kiss? :wub:

that live feed keeps replaying the video/audio from last nights shoot out.. Lots of gun fire, explosions, just all out battle. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, jon_mx does. But I'm not going to be rude and turn you down. ;)

I might be showing my ignorance, but wouldn't religion be the only justification for an attack inthe US though? I got the impression that we had historically been against Russia's actions there and that really only changed after 9/11 after fighters there got involved against us in Afghanistan.
How can anyone say something is obvious in this situation? There has been so much misinformation in the past week and we are less than 12 hours from when these two were identified. I don't think you can zero in on or rule out any motives or connections.
This. And the morons who have been playing detective through this whole thing with no regard for potential collateral damage, especially those pushing the Brown student thing, need to be punched in the mouth repeatedly until they understand why what they are doing is bad. JFC.

Actually, jon_mx does. But I'm not going to be rude and turn you down. ;)
Well don't I feel special.... <_<

:P

Yeah, that's not a good precedent. Two guys can shut down one of the biggest metro areas in the states makes the terrorists smile.

And before anyone asks, them being in Kazakhstan before is ok. Kazakhstan is a very moderate nation, no real international terrorism footprint.
I was thinking the same thing. Now the next time anything happens close to this, a whole city has to go on lockdown or the media and lawyers will have a field day.

I was thinking the same thing. Now the next time anything happens close to this, a whole city has to go on lockdown or the media and lawyers will have a field day.
I can see shutting down the last known area of the suspect but Boston is a huge metro area (#6 in States???), shutting the whole city down really is different. Safety and security of the citizens is priority one though.

that live feed keeps replaying the video/audio from last nights shoot out.. Lots of gun fire, explosions, just all out battle. :eek:
Where can I see/hear that?Boston pd is infinitely better than lapd.
Probably out there somewhere.. but here is the live feed I am watching
Here you go
Thank you. So nuts. I stay up 5 more minutes after I see the MIT cop died and I never sleep. Wow.

What's the alternative?

It's not every day that you have armed terrorists on the street in a major city strapped with explosives and having gun massive gun battles with law enforcement. I'm not sure this is going to be a frequent problem.

I mean - how long can they keep Boston on lockdown? What if they don't find him today? Or tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread