What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fair market value for Hakeem Nicks? (1 Viewer)

Don't own Nicks in any leagues, but if I was in need of a RB for a redraft I'd be looking to get at least #1/ high #2 type out of him.

Dynasty, I'd really have to be blown away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-dynasty, non PPR.

Traded Jones-Drew and Sims-Walker for Nicks and Forsett last week.

I thought I took less than market value but I'm pleased.

Does your league award points for TDs? Can't imagine wanting to trade Nicks at this point.
Just made me laugh...honestly, unless you can get Roddy White straightup, I see not reason to trade him regardless of scoring/format for another WR.For a RB, in PPR, it really depends on your team. One person I would try is the McFadden owner. I would do the deal straight-up, but I would also play up the "injury" factor with McFadden and try to get s Steve Johnson-type in return with McFadden...but that may be pushing it.

If I were in a redraft and I had Nicks, but NO ONE else at WR, I might try to package him for Fitz and the guy's #2 WR, but chances are that will not happen on name recognition alone...even if it does, you have to ask yourself, did you come out ahead?

For all the crap I took when drafting him, nobody would dare make an offer on him, if nothing else to save face.

What I would take? I would maybe consider a top flight QB, as that is my only real ? at this point.

I traded Flacco/Torain for Nicks & Fred Jackson on Sunday morning. I'm happy.Redraft & 0.5 PPR.
There may be an arrest warrant out for you right now. Be careful.
Yeah, looks good on paper. Guy needed a RB pretty badly. Only had Moreno & Greene at RB but had Nicks, Boldin, Harvin, & Roddy White at WR and Eli at QB.He's the top ranked team in both record (5-2) and points scored although I'm only 5 behind him.

I had a guy offer me Mathews for him last week. I guess it was a test to see if I had watched any football since our draft?

Depending on team depth/needs, these are the players I'd trade him straight up for:

- definitely Andre Johnson

- definitely Roddy White

- maybe Reggie Wayne

- definitely Chris Johnson

- definitely Adrian Peterson

- maybe Frank Gore

- maybe Mike Turner

- probably Arian Foster

- probably Aaron Rodgers

- probably Peyton Manning

- & possibly, maybe also LeSean McCoy

Anybody else would probably have to be packaged with another piece or two.

For all the crap I took when drafting him, nobody would dare make an offer on him, if nothing else to save face.What I would take? I would maybe consider a top flight QB, as that is my only real ? at this point.
not sure why you took crap.
I took him a little early (3.02 IIRC, roughly 4.02 if you include the franchised players) as my WR1 ahead of the likes of both Steve Smith's, Boldin, Chad. But I didnt want to risk him not making it back around.So mostly because he wasn't a big name for most of the magazine drafters. I have a side bet that Nicks outscores Boldin in fantasy points on the season on account of all the flack I was getting. You should have heard that guy crowing about the DET game.

Targeted him in drafts thanks to FBG and have him on all teams... thanks for the solid jinx here guys. :popcorn:

Top RBs only Nicks and White are Avg per game 3 points better than anyone else . (Collie is close but INJ)

I inquired about him in a dynasty, and the response was Adrian Peterson and nothing else. I laughed and moved on.

The guy is untouchable to his owners right now. Wait until he has a few bad games, then make another offer. It will happen. The dude is not scoring 20 TDs.

Interestingly enough, I had a deal in place 2 weeks ago of Ochocinco/Cooley for Nicks. It was tentative agreement until he could get to a computer to accept the deal. However, he had a family emergency that kept him busy through Sunday. Needless to say it was the day of his huge game vs Houston. The owner then reported there was no deal anymore. Stupid family emergencies...

I was just offered Colston/AGonzo for Nicks/Vick. I attributed it to the other owner partaking in some type of narcotic, so I dimissed it.

Based on Nicks' performance this season, it would have to be a top 3 RB or top 3 WR to snag him away. And even then, if it's a sideways trade, I think most Nicks' owners would rather just hold on to him.

I let him go before the season for McFadden... but I also had Fitz, Jennings, Rice, Edwards and absolutely no one at RB.

3 weeks ago traded for Nicks/Palmer and gave Orton/Santan Moss.....

Orton backed-up Brees, and I wanted to bolster my WR's....he was desperate for a QB (Cutler was #1) and is a Skins fan....perfect storm.

I inquired about him in a dynasty, and the response was Adrian Peterson and nothing else. I laughed and moved on.The guy is untouchable to his owners right now. Wait until he has a few bad games, then make another offer. It will happen. The dude is not scoring 20 TDs.
What else did you have on your team that you think would be equal value to Nicks? Obviously you wouldn't trade Peterson for Nicks straight up, but that's closer in value than Ocho/Cooley for Nicks. I would have laughed and moved on if you brought that offer to me.Nicks is untouchable in Dynasty the same way that Peterson is untouchable. Young, highly talented, and heavily involved in the offense. Anyone trading him for two lesser players is making a big mistake.

Nicks is a top 5 WR in a redraft, and a top 3 WR in dynasty. You could make the argument that he's the top WR in dynasty going forward, given his age in comparison to AJ or Roddy or Fitzgerald or Marshall.

Redraft, I have Nicks in one league and it would take a top flight QB like P Manning or Rodgers.....or a really good QB like Rivers and a decent #2WR. Or straight up for CJ, Peterson, Gore, and maybe Foster. Or in a package for a solid RB like Mendenhall and a decent #2WR.

In other words, I don't expect to get an offer that I will accept. He is virtually untouchable in a dynasty league. You could get top 5 WR production for at least 5 years, maybe more.

Good thread topic.... I was thinking the other day what it would take to get Nicks away from me in my keeper league (6 required keepers). With the huge age difference, I don't know if I would take AJ for Nicks straight up. I didn't follow Nicks a ton last year, but with the FBG buzz in the off-season I did my homework and am thrilled with his pure play-making ability - He makes the difficult catches look easy and can make any secondary guy miss on a quick route to take it an additional 10 or 20 yards. I don't care that he isn't 6'4" or 220 lbs. like Calvin - he gets plenty of looks (and that shouldn't change with Smith and Manningham as other nice WRs on the team) and is only in his 2nd season at a position where many don't reach their "maturity" until year 5 or more in the NFL. He's the quintessential dynasty player and a great candidate to be a top 3 or 5 WR in 2010 redraft leagues.

Because of this thread, I will put Nicks on the block to see what offers come in - plain curiosity mostly as an offer of another top WR and a top RB would be needed to trade Nicks off of my teams....

If you asked me last week what it would take to get rid of Nicks, my answer would be "he's unavailable".

But now that my starting QB has a broken clavicle, I'd move him for a QB.

Man, talking about living in the moment or drinking the "jet Blue" kool-aid.

Nicks has been impressive...super impressive. But this is not a trend of things to remain consistent. The Giants are simply not this kind of team and if you take a minute to sit back and think about the Giants, it will come to you.

The Giants are the paradigm of the type of team that runs hot and cold. When they are good, they are VERY good. When they are not, they are very average and you don't have those games where they live in the red zone.

They go through these runs all the time. Just last year, they looked like absolute world beaters and then went to New Orleans and never got it back. As the weather turned and they couldn't get it back, their numbers declined and they went out with a month long whimper. They are simply too reliant on so many different things going right for them to function like they have the last few weeks.

Go back and look and you'll see times where Steve Smith, Jacobs, Plax, even Eli (who really is overlooked a lot more than he should be) played like gods...but it won't last. it never does.

Hick is good, but he's not "top 3 RB and nothing else" good. If someone offered you Wayne, Turner, Foster, and a whole host of the guys that got pushed down in this thread; you'd be crazy not to take it. Those guys will help you win a league more consistently than Hicks will.

If I had Hicks right now, I would be breaking my finger offering him straight up to the Roddy White owner, giving him a guy this week while Roddy is on bye. Roddy will come back next week and rock it out all year. Hicks will cost his owners somewhere down the line.

Man, talking about living in the moment or drinking the "jet Blue" kool-aid. Nicks has been impressive...super impressive. But this is not a trend of things to remain consistent. The Giants are simply not this kind of team and if you take a minute to sit back and think about the Giants, it will come to you.The Giants are the paradigm of the type of team that runs hot and cold. When they are good, they are VERY good. When they are not, they are very average and you don't have those games where they live in the red zone. They go through these runs all the time. Just last year, they looked like absolute world beaters and then went to New Orleans and never got it back. As the weather turned and they couldn't get it back, their numbers declined and they went out with a month long whimper. They are simply too reliant on so many different things going right for them to function like they have the last few weeks. Go back and look and you'll see times where Steve Smith, Jacobs, Plax, even Eli (who really is overlooked a lot more than he should be) played like gods...but it won't last. it never does.Hick is good, but he's not "top 3 RB and nothing else" good. If someone offered you Wayne, Turner, Foster, and a whole host of the guys that got pushed down in this thread; you'd be crazy not to take it. Those guys will help you win a league more consistently than Hicks will.If I had Hicks right now, I would be breaking my finger offering him straight up to the Roddy White owner, giving him a guy this week while Roddy is on bye. Roddy will come back next week and rock it out all year. Hicks will cost his owners somewhere down the line.
It's Nicks and Roddy and Nicks are both on bye this week.

Man, talking about living in the moment or drinking the "jet Blue" kool-aid. Nicks has been impressive...super impressive. But this is not a trend of things to remain consistent. The Giants are simply not this kind of team and if you take a minute to sit back and think about the Giants, it will come to you.The Giants are the paradigm of the type of team that runs hot and cold. When they are good, they are VERY good. When they are not, they are very average and you don't have those games where they live in the red zone. They go through these runs all the time. Just last year, they looked like absolute world beaters and then went to New Orleans and never got it back. As the weather turned and they couldn't get it back, their numbers declined and they went out with a month long whimper. They are simply too reliant on so many different things going right for them to function like they have the last few weeks. Go back and look and you'll see times where Steve Smith, Jacobs, Plax, even Eli (who really is overlooked a lot more than he should be) played like gods...but it won't last. it never does.Hick is good, but he's not "top 3 RB and nothing else" good. If someone offered you Wayne, Turner, Foster, and a whole host of the guys that got pushed down in this thread; you'd be crazy not to take it. Those guys will help you win a league more consistently than Hicks will.If I had Hicks right now, I would be breaking my finger offering him straight up to the Roddy White owner, giving him a guy this week while Roddy is on bye. Roddy will come back next week and rock it out all year. Hicks will cost his owners somewhere down the line.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^drafted Steve Smith

I would have lent credence to this post had you not called him Hicks. The only WR I would trade Nicks straight up for is Roddy. Other than, I am holding him everywhere.

If I had Hicks right now, I would be breaking my finger offering him straight up to the Roddy White owner, giving him a guy this week while Roddy is on bye. Roddy will come back next week and rock it out all year. Hicks will cost his owners somewhere down the line.
Yeah because Roddy is definitely going to keep up his pace of 124/1700/12 too.Neither player is going to keep up their extreme production over the life of a career. To say that you would break off of your fingers to give away Nicks is stupid. He is clearly one of the top receivers in the league and he is 7 years younger than White. Do you know what Roddy was doing when he was 22? He was at UAB, yeah college. What did he do in his second year in the NFL you ask at age 25? 30 catches with no touchdowns.Don;t get me wrong here. I love Roddy and have owned him. He's a beast, but you are possibly giving a horrible recommendation telling people to break their fingers trading him. hth

Just pulled the trigger after Monday Nights game.

I GAVE UP

Nicks - BigBen - Williams (Seattle) - Frenchy Thomas

I GET

Rogers + Austin + Brandon Jackson

----------

8 Teamer

2 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 2 FLEX - 1 TE - 1 D - 1 K

5 Keepers

Rogers & Romo now become my 2 Keeper QB's.

Just pulled the trigger after Monday Nights game.I GAVE UPNicks - BigBen - Williams (Seattle) - Frenchy ThomasI GETRogers + Austin + Brandon Jackson----------8 Teamer2 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 2 FLEX - 1 TE - 1 D - 1 K5 KeepersRogers & Romo now become my 2 Keeper QB's.
I don't like that trade. The difference in keeper/dynasty between Rogers & Ben shouldn't be much, same with Nicks & Austin (and Nicks is on track to score better than Austin this season). So you gave away Williams and Thomas for nothing and decreased your scoring this season.

Just pulled the trigger after Monday Nights game.I GAVE UPNicks - BigBen - Williams (Seattle) - Frenchy ThomasI GETRogers + Austin + Brandon Jackson----------8 Teamer2 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 2 FLEX - 1 TE - 1 D - 1 K5 KeepersRogers & Romo now become my 2 Keeper QB's.
dude why? you got destroyed in that trade. i don't understand why people wnat to get rid of this kid. He isn't a fluke. He has always projected to be an NFL team's #1 receiver.

Targeted him in drafts thanks to FBG and have him on all teams... thanks for the solid jinx here guys. :lmao:
Same, have him on every team along with A. Bradshaw as they were pretty high, at least higher than other cheatsheets that owners were using in my leagues. Of course I have to like them too but it's nice when your gut coincides with an "expert" to make the decision a little easier. I like to give credit where credit is due and they definately liked both Bradshaw and Knicks about a round more than guys in my league would have taken either (as far as I could tell).

Don't love that deal.

Shadows said:
Sorry, that looks like a terrible trade, imo.

i like nicks and his continued upside but ranking him in the top 3 of dynasty ppr wrs? that's crazy and overhype even for around here. he will eventually be doubled up and then steve smith's numbers will go up. no way do i rank him ahead of AJ, CJ, marshall, fitz, white or maybe even desean. (i'm talking ppr mainly here).

i like nicks and his continued upside but ranking him in the top 3 of dynasty ppr wrs? that's crazy and overhype even for around here. he will eventually be doubled up and then steve smith's numbers will go up. no way do i rank him ahead of AJ, CJ, marshall, fitz, white or maybe even desean. (i'm talking ppr mainly here).
He's way ahead of DeSean.

I play in just 2 leagues a year, but this year I jumped all over Hakeem Nicks, and a little early. The Steve Smith owners laughed at me both times. I am glad I listened to FBG's reports. Nicks has been a dominating factor in my starting lineups. One guy laughed and said, "boy, you really must like Nicks!, LOL". Now who is laughing?

I'd likely need to be floored to take an offer for him now.

Users who are viewing this thread