What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel 2015 - Week 3 (1 Viewer)

It seems people are a bit torn on Bilal Powell, but if Ivory misses the game this week, Powell's the clear lead back in that offense: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/318873/chris-ivory-acknowledges-he-could-miss-week-3

I'm having a hard time not plugging him in for the salary relief it gives me and the ability to get a rosters like these:

Foles

Lynch

Powell

AB

Julio

Brown

Rudolph

Gostkowski

Patriots D/ST

or

Brady

Lynch

Powell

Edelman

Marshall

Fitz

Rudolph

Gostkowski

Seahawks D/ST

Thoughts?
I agree on Powell, Not sure why a lot of people are so down on him. I plugged him into a tourney lineup last night to get an idea on what his ownership % was. It was a GPP and his ownership was at 1.9%. What we have seen from the Jets the first two weeks is that they are willing to get a lead and grind it out. If Ivory is out, Powell's ownership will definitely jump.

It seems people are a bit torn on Bilal Powell, but if Ivory misses the game this week, Powell's the clear lead back in that offense: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/318873/chris-ivory-acknowledges-he-could-miss-week-3

I'm having a hard time not plugging him in for the salary relief it gives me and the ability to get a rosters like these:

Foles

Lynch

Powell

AB

Julio

Brown

Rudolph

Gostkowski

Patriots D/ST

or

Brady

Lynch

Powell

Edelman

Marshall

Fitz

Rudolph

Gostkowski

Seahawks D/ST

Thoughts?
I came up with the exact same Powell lineup as your second one.

On CBS theyve got Ivory listed as did not practice and ESPN said he was only in uniform. We'll know in a few hours either way though what hes looking like

Who has the higher floor, Woodhead on the road @ Minnesota or Stewart at home vs. NO?

I'm leaning Stewart because I'm afraid that one of these games, Gordon is going to go off.

Still learning the ropes but have 2 lineups I am going back and forth on

Brady

Lynch

Crowell

Edelman

Marshall

Moncrief

Gillmore

Bryant

Pats

OR

Taylor

Lynch

Gordon

Marshall

A. Brown

Moncrief

Ebron

Crosby

Pats

Couple of the same pieces in both rosters. If I don't do well this week I may just lay off and do some more watching and learning lol.

Foles

Lynch

Powell

AB

Julio

Brown

Rudolph

Gostkowski

Patriots D/ST

or

Brady

Lynch

Powell

Edelman

Marshall

Fitz

Rudolph

Gostkowski

Seahawks D/ST

Thoughts?
Obviously it depends on what we hear about Ivory leading up to the game, but assuming that Powell is the guy, are you concerned about having Powell and Marshall in your lineups? Both seem like high value plays (especially if Decker is out), but I just realized I was plugging in two Jets. I know the negative correlation isn't that big of a deal in Cash games, but still has me re-thinking.

Foles

Lynch

Powell

AB

Julio

Brown

Rudolph

Gostkowski

Patriots D/ST

or

Brady

Lynch

Powell

Edelman

Marshall

Fitz

Rudolph

Gostkowski

Seahawks D/ST

Thoughts?
Obviously it depends on what we hear about Ivory leading up to the game, but assuming that Powell is the guy, are you concerned about having Powell and Marshall in your lineups? Both seem like high value plays (especially if Decker is out), but I just realized I was plugging in two Jets. I know the negative correlation isn't that big of a deal in Cash games, but still has me re-thinking.
I had the exact same thought after looking at it closer. Having two Jets offensive players cant give good returns. If Ivory is out I think I keep Powell as a punt. Plenty of other decent WRs to take in Marshall's spot.

I have to agree. Based on how Hyde shredded the Vikings week 1 and how little Abdullah did week 2 I have a feeling Gordon is going to see 15+ touches. That said Woodhead is going to be part of the gameplan, always likely to catch like 4 for 30 and rush for 20-30 which is 7-8 points as a floor. They also look his way in the redzone, which is the opposite of Carolinas tendencies with Cam Newton.

For me personally though I am off the Carolina game entirely except for a few Newton GPP stacks, theres too many question marks on both sides.

Brady

Lynch

Crowell

Edelman

Marshall

Moncrief

Gillmore

Bryant

Pats

OR

Taylor

Lynch

Gordon

Marshall

A. Brown

Moncrief

Ebron

Crosby

Pats

Couple of the same pieces in both rosters. If I don't do well this week I may just lay off and do some more watching and learning lol.
are you an FBG subscriber? Lots of good information there.

Brady

Lynch

Crowell

Edelman

Marshall

Moncrief

Gillmore

Bryant

Pats

OR

Taylor

Lynch

Gordon

Marshall

A. Brown

Moncrief

Ebron

Crosby

Pats

No, Every year I say that I'm going to subscribe and just don't. Need to change that.

Brady

Lynch

Crowell

Edelman

Marshall

Moncrief

Gillmore

Bryant

Pats

OR

Taylor

Lynch

Gordon

Marshall

A. Brown

Moncrief

Ebron

Crosby

Pats

No, Every year I say that I'm going to subscribe and just don't. Need to change that.
yes, especially if you play DFS.

Brady

Lynch

Crowell

Edelman

Marshall

Moncrief

Gillmore

Bryant

Pats

OR

Taylor

Lynch

Gordon

Marshall

A. Brown

Moncrief

Ebron

Crosby

Pats

yes, especially if you play DFS.
Agreed. I usually know what core players I want to form my base lineups around before looking at the FBG projections but its nice to work out some of the wrinkles using the interactive charts. Those are a very important part of my weekly process. It would take alot more time if I didn't have access to that tool. I'm comfortable saying that the interactive charts have helped me enough to pay for the yearly subscription many times over.

This is heck of a week for watching RB injuries. Lacy maybe trending up for playing but now Lynch may not play. Throw in Ivory unclear status. Maybe doing a lot of last minute changes based on who is playing and who isn't.

####, Marshawn now a GTD. He did not practice today.
Yikes. I have Lynch in half of my lineups. Even if he plays, I see no reason for them to run him into the ground. They should have a healthy lead very early.

At this point, I hope its known on sunday morning that he's out. Fred Jackson would be a fantastic play.

Am I crazy to think that DWill continues to get a non-trivial # of touches? I mean he's been the man.
I'm staying away this week from both.. no idea if he goes to spot duty, shares the load or gets, for Bell owners, the dreaded goal line carries... plenty of other options this week IMO.. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a cash lineup I have

Palmer

Murray

Stewart

Brown

Marshall

Moncrief

Olsen

Lambo

Seattle

It appears the general advice is to pay up at least 8k for the QB this week. Newton is the popular choice but I have Stewart here. I can't go cheaper than Moncrief and I want to play both Brown and Marshall. Gronk is tough to fit, especially if you don't go cheap anywhere.

Yikes. I have Lynch in half of my lineups. Even if he plays, I see no reason for them to run him into the ground. They should have a healthy lead very early.

At this point, I hope its known on sunday morning that he's out. Fred Jackson would be a fantastic play.
Same here. I locked Lynch into my Thursday lineups with the thought that his ownership % would be down even though it was highly likely he would play.

Same here. I locked Lynch into my Thursday lineups with the thought that his ownership % would be down even though it was highly likely he would play.
Yep, I used him in all my Thursday lineups. I got a good start from Reed and Brown, but taking a 0 there from Lynch would making getting int he 50/50 money tough. I guess I'll hope he goes and at least gets an early TD in case they get a big lead and rest him, should have gone with Charles I guess. I have subbed Charles into all my Sunday lineups for Lynch.

frae said:
JTK said:
Itchy Amos said:
Scoresman said:

Yep, I used him in all my Thursday lineups. I got a good start from Reed and Brown, but taking a 0 there from Lynch would making getting int he 50/50 money tough. I guess I'll hope he goes and at least gets an early TD in case they get a big lead and rest him, should have gone with Charles I guess. I have subbed Charles into all my Sunday lineups for Lynch.
I subbed Charles in for him pretty much everywhere as well. Charles faces the Green Bay D that Forte shredded in week 1, so its probably not much of a drop off.

frae said:
JTK said:
Itchy Amos said:
Scoresman said:
Yikes. I have Lynch in half of my lineups. Even if he plays, I see no reason for them to run him into the ground. They should have a healthy lead very early. At this point, I hope its known on sunday morning that he's out. Fred Jackson would be a fantastic play.
I subbed Charles in for him pretty much everywhere as well. Charles faces the Green Bay D that Forte shredded in week 1, so its probably not much of a drop off.
My issue with swapping Charles for Lynch is that it will really expose me to Charles since I have lineups with him anyway.

Most of my top RB heavy lineups had Peterson which was lucky, who I think is a better play regardless, but between Charles and Bell Im leaning Bell. Most of my initial lineups had SEA D and Catanzaro penciled in, so in those cases Ill swap Lynch for Bell, Sea for CAR and Catanzaro for a 5k kicker

Most of my top RB heavy lineups had Peterson which was lucky, who I think is a better play regardless, but between Charles and Bell Im leaning Bell. Most of my initial lineups had SEA D and Catanzaro penciled in, so in those cases Ill swap Lynch for Bell, Sea for CAR and Catanzaro for a 5k kicker
Bell's floor worries me some, just because that team has so many options on offense. I can't imagine Deangelo not getting 25-30% of the carries given how well he has played. Bell can do a lot with 70% of the carries and in the passing game tho.

The player on that offense that worries me is Antonio this week. Yes, his floor is like 7 catches for 100 yards or something ridiculous, but I think thats what hes getting. Heyward Bey is actually a productive WR right now also. Brown isnt catching 150 balls this year, this feels like a (relative) let down game to me after the super highs so far. That opens it up for Bell, I think he gets 20-25 touches which is all he needs to achieve value.

To be fair, I thought the same thing about Gronk last week, and we know how that worked out.

Not much love for graham this week. I feel he will earn his value plus some given the scenario

Not much love for graham this week. I feel he will earn his value plus some given the scenario
I will definitely have him in tournaments but cash I'm pretty scared. The Lynch injury has me leaning towards plugging him into my cash lineup

aring reports that Lynch will be a GTD. Who gets the carries if he doesn't go or is limited? Fred Jackson or Rawls? Or do we see more out of Wilson?

Might make an interesting tourney flyer.

Jonathan Stewart game script looking really nice this week. Would be almost 100% him and Lynch if I knew Lynch was going to play. As of now think you gotta go Lynch in GPP only.

Yesssir. J.Charles and AP definitely looking like the most solid plays now that Lynch is too much a question mark. May have some exposure to Bell but I think he shares a lot of carries. Second tier will be looking Latavius Murray, Woodhead, and possibly Powell if he gets the nod. Stewart perhaps also but I know that knee is not great from the Charlotte sports radio I was streaming today and I think Cam is the alpha vulture there anyway. Tough week for RBs thats for sure.

My Sunday 50/50 lineup is set, but I am still debating about Stewart/Woodhead...

Brady

J Charles

J Stewart

L FItz

J Edelman

B Marshall

K Rudolph

A Franks

Buffalo D

If I go with Stewart I need a 4500 D, if I go with Woodhead I can use the Broncos/Browns. I just like Stewart at home against the Saints and his floor seems safer.

I normally like to split my Sunday cash lineups up in order to lessen the hit if one flops, but I am having a very hard time pivoting off Brady, Edelman and Gronk this week. I don't usually like to throw all of my eggs in one QB basket, but Brady seems like the safest play out there this week. Am I the only one thinking this way?

I normally like to split my Sunday cash lineups up in order to lessen the hit if one flops, but I am having a very hard time pivoting off Brady, Edelman and Gronk this week. I don't usually like to throw all of my eggs in one QB basket, but Brady seems like the safest play out there this week. Am I the only one thinking this way?
Outside of some large tournaments with Foles I have Brady in all of my 50/50 and Double Ups. I liked Palmer too, but in the end with all Brady.

Outside of some large tournaments with Foles I have Brady in all of my 50/50 and Double Ups. I liked Palmer too, but in the end with all Brady.
I'm in on Brady too. But I like Bortles a ton. NE's defense looks absolutely horrible to me right now. Lots of NE points game scripts to a bunch of Bortles pass attempts against a pass defense that has been shredded thus far.

I'm in on Brady too. But I like Bortles a ton. NE's defense looks absolutely horrible to me right now. Lots of NE points game scripts to a bunch of Bortles pass attempts against a pass defense that has been shredded thus far.
I agree with you and almost used Bortles and Hurns in a cheap tournament, but in the end went with Foles against my Steelers terrible secondary.

Users who are viewing this thread