What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/Draftkings week 17 (1 Viewer)

ppierce

Footballguy
Qb's with a lot on the line who i'll have a ton of:

Ryan $8,800

Wilson $8,600

Newton $8,300

Qb's who's teams are out but who play crappy teams that i'll have a ton of:

Eli $8,200

Bridgewater $7,500

Fade all patriots due to them clinching home field. They traditionally rest their players

If Philly insists on covering ODB w/ straight man coverage (their philosophy against pretty much everyone thus far) ODB could approach infinity points.

Liking the 49ers D vs a rookie who has looked lost in limited action. Jonathon Stewart is still cheap. Do you dare leave Odell-Beckam out of your line-up? Ertz($5400 FD) at TE after Sanchez targeted him 18 times this week. I like CJ Anderson too.

Looking forward to this week.

Think I am only doing 50/50 and leagues, and maybe throw 5 GPP entries in there, for fun. I feel like there will be some bad lineups in the smaller cash games, whereas the winning GPP lineups this week will be hilarious to look at.

Okay, so there should be 2 groups were targeting this weekend.

Group1: Players on teams still playing for something. Especially if they're playing against a team also playing for something... those could be shootouts.

Group2: Players on teams out of it getting a chance to be evaluated. They'll be dirt cheap points if we can identify a few of these.

Fade all patriots due to them clinching home field. They traditionally rest their players
:goodposting:

My Notes so far:

Dallas is "Stuck" at 3(short of ties in other games).. Nothing to play for

Pats are #1 seed.. Nothing to play for..

Broncos need win for 1st round bye or a Bengals loss. Bengals play late game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Group1: Players on teams still playing for something. Especially if they're playing against a team also playing for something... those could be shootouts.

Group2: Players on teams out of it getting a chance to be evaluated. They'll be dirt cheap points if we can identify a few of these.
Wouldn't it be better for Group 1 to be playing for something against a team who is NOT playing for anything? Not sure that scenario exists but could be.

What's the situation with GB vs Detroit? Looks like they are both in but playing each other for division vs. wild card spot

Mid range RB's

Matt Asista $6400..

Jonathan Stewart $6600..

Otherwise.. :oldunsure:

maybe.. a "cheap" option, if Stephen Jackson sits because of injury, , Devonta Freeman @ $5100

Wouldn't it be better for Group 1 to be playing for something against a team who is NOT playing for anything? Not sure that scenario exists but could be.

What's the situation with GB vs Detroit? Looks like they are both in but playing each other for division vs. wild card spot
Winner gets 1st week off, and still an outside chance, IF Rams beat the Seahawks, at Home throughout..

Loser is #6, probably traveling to Dallas :eek:

A team playing for something against a team playing for nothing could maybe get up big and then rest its starters? Or start killing the clock?

I just feel like if they're both playing for something its gotta higher shootout potential.

1st stab.......

QB
Case Keenum
HOU v JAC
RB

Jonathan Stewart
CAR @ ATL
RB

Matt Asiata
MIN v CHI
WR

Odell Beckham Jr.
NYG v PHI
WR

Julio Jones
ATL v CAR
WR

Kelvin Benjamin
CAR @ ATL
TE

Zach Ertz
PHI @ NYG
K

Justin Tucker
BAL v CLE
D

Seattle Seahawks
SEA v STL

Feel free to help me improve this list imo.

Playoff Hunt Teams:

AFC:

Pats: Already clinched homefield. AVOID

Broncos: Clinched division. Playing for bye, win locks it up. Vs Hapless Raiders.

Cincy: Clinched playoffs. Playing for Division and Bye potentially (need Bronco loss, will know by kickoff as they're the last game). Vs Steelers. National Game.

Colts: Clinched division. Maybe can win Bye if Broncos AND Bengals lose, but not sure. Maybe not. Vs Titan's swiss cheese D.

Steelers: Clinched playoffs. Playing for Division. Vs. Cincy.

Chargers: Playing for wildcard. Vs. Chiefs.

Ravens: Playing for wildcard Vs. Browns.
Texans: Playing for wildcard Vs. Jags.
Chiefs: Playing for wildcard. Vs. Chargers.

NFC:

Seahawks: Clinched Playoffs. Playing for division and bye. Vs. Rams.

Cowboys: Clinched Division. Playing for bye. Vs. Skins.

Lions: Clinched Playoffs. Playing for division and bye. Vs Pack.

Panthers: Playing for division vs Falcons

Pack: Clinched Playoffs. Playing for division and bye. Vs. Lions.

Cards: Playing for division and bye. Vs. 49ers.

Falcons: Playing for division vs Panthers.

Help me update this... anyone besides the Pats locked in to where there is nothing to gain in Week 17?

Playoff Hunt Teams:

AFC:

Broncos: Clinched division. Playing for bye, win locks it up. Vs Hapless Raiders.

Cincy: Clinched playoffs. Playing for Division and Bye potentially (need Bronco loss, will know by kickoff as they're the last game). Vs Steelers. National Game.

Colts: Clinched division. Maybe can win Bye if Broncos AND Bengals lose, but not sure. Maybe not. Vs Titan's swiss cheese D.

NFC:

Help me update this... anyone besides the Pats locked in to where there is nothing to gain in Week 17?
The Pats have to man team for that game...what about back ups ?

Playoff Hunt Teams:

AFC:

NFC:

The Pats have to man team for that game...what about back ups ?
Backups might be viable. Billicheck isn't very forthcoming usually though.

GPP stacks I'm considering right now:
Peyton + D Thomas and/or Sanders and/or J Thomas

Dalton + Green

Ben R + Brown

Wilson + Wilson

Romo + Dez

Stafford + Megatron

ARod + Jordy and/or Cobb

Ryan + Julio

Going to go 7 different lineups again... with 7 different stacks.

GPP stacks I'm considering right now:

Peyton + D Thomas and/or Sanders and/or J Thomas

Dalton + Green

Ben R + Brown

Wilson + Wilson

Romo + Dez

Stafford + Megatron

ARod + Jordy and/or Cobb

Ryan + Julio

Going to go 7 different lineups again... with 7 different stacks.
I'm thinking I may stay away from the Cowboy starters .. The only chance they have of getting a bye is The Seahawks losing @ home vs. the Rams..

Granted the Seahawk game is scheduled after the Cowboys game... but with the idea of having to play right away next week vs. either the Packers or the Lions I could see them resting the starters in the 2nd half, especially since the game is in Washington.. :shrug:

(HULK) said:

Playoff Hunt Teams:

AFC:

NFC:

Dallas game is meaningless unless Det-GB is a tie, which is so unlikely to be statistically meaningless. Dallas is #3 seed win or lose, unless both Seattle and Arizona lose. In that case dallas is #2 seed, win or lose. I can't see Dallas risking Romo for that hope of a tie in Det-GB. I'm avoiding them like the plague.

My take:

All systems go with much to play for: Denver, Pit, Cin, Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs, Texans, Lions, GB, Seattle, Arizona, Panthers, Falcons

Probably will rest players: New England

Cloudy: Dallas, Indy

Indy can't do much of anything with seeding, but they played horribly last week and Pagano says they need momentum and he will play the starters. Who wants to go into the playoffs after getting crushed by 35 with zero offensive flow? I think that means they will play everyone, but 2 big questions: Will Hilton play, and will they get up early on TEN and shut it down?

My take

Why I think Dallas and Indy will play everyone:

Dallas still has an outside shot at a bye, if they win and SEA and ARZ loses. Plus they play at 1 before SEA/ARZ play. Garret is on record that they will play everyone (not that that means much). I could see them resting players right after the game is in hand if it is.
Dallas gets the bye if Seattle and Arizona both lose even if they lose.EDIT: For clarity's sake, Dallas's game is meaningless for seeding UNLESS GB and Det tie.

SteelerMurf said:
I win every 50/50 I play. What's next step up in competition?
I have had great success in the $10 - 100 man leagues. Have entered about 6 in the past 5 weeks and won once, got second once, and top 15 quite a few times.

My take

Dallas still has an outside shot at a bye, if they win and SEA and ARZ loses. Plus they play at 1 before SEA/ARZ play. Garret is on record that they will play everyone (not that that means much). I could see them resting players right after the game is in hand if it is.
Dallas gets the bye if Seattle and Arizona both lose even if they lose.EDIT: For clarity's sake, Dallas's game is meaningless for seeding UNLESS GB and Det tie.
I see that now, this link says that in a dumb way. Why even put number one on this list?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20141221-updated-nfc-playoff-picture-how-cowboys-can-earn-a-bye.ece

Jed said:
(HULK) said:

Playoff Hunt Teams:

AFC:

NFC:

Dallas game is meaningless unless Det-GB is a tie, which is so unlikely to be statistically meaningless. Dallas is #3 seed win or lose, unless both Seattle and Arizona lose. In that case dallas is #2 seed, win or lose. I can't see Dallas risking Romo for that hope of a tie in Det-GB. I'm avoiding them like the plague.
This is wrong. Dallas gets a bye with a win and a SEA and ARZ loss.
No, Dallas gets bye win or lose. Dallas owns tie-breaker over Seattle head-to-head. Seattle and Arizona both lose they are 11-5. Seattle wins division. Dallas wins #2 seed at 12-4 (win) or 11-5 (lose).

My take

ThankyouIt's an avoid then

After last week I'm not touching Keenum
Why would you? He played pretty crap and his price still jumped $1000.Who's on the $5k QB train with me and Logan Thomas this week?
Not me, I'd rather pony up the $900 for a guy like Bridgewater. I can still make a solid lineup either way and I like Teddy much more.
Honestly Teddy is the low end guy that I've built a lineup around. Other lineups put together have R. Wilson and Big Ben in them.So, has it been said that Brady IS sitting and Jimmy G is getting the start?

(HULK) said:

Playoff Hunt Teams:

AFC:

Colts: Clinched division. Playing for nothing. AVOID. Vs Titan's swiss cheese D.

NFC:

Cowboys: Clinched Division. Playing for nothing reall. AVOID. Vs. Skins.

Updated.

Might not be clear until later in the week, but young guys getting a shot undervalued types... post em if you got em.

Users who are viewing this thread