What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/DraftKings Week 4 (2 Viewers)

If I could figure out what I'm doing wrong with my GPP lineups it would be nice. At least I came close to a mini-cash in 1 this week. The other 2 were disasters, much like weeks 1-3.

Cash games I'm extremely pleased with. GPP I'm frustrated as can be with.

+$200 on the weekend. By the skin of my teeth. Kept coming in JUST above the cut line in 50/50s, and in one tourney, I got the very last place in the money, by .02 points. Whew.

Just like last year, slow and steady:

Week Entered Winnings Net ROI1 $224.00 $335.00 + $111.00 49.6%2 $208.00 $315.00 + $107.00 51.4%3 $377.00 $311.60 - $65.40 -17.3%4 $419.00 $633.80 + $214.80 51.3%The worst part is that I entered a bunch of contests early in week 3, and then remembered I was going to the Giants game and would be tailgating all Sunday morning, which is when I'd normally be putting in all my lineups. Don't know if I would've done anything differently anyway, but it bugs me that the only bad week I've had so far is the one when I didn't really get to do my usual research and lineup-setting routine. Add it to my list of lessons learned, and on to week 5.I linked it earlier in the thread but in case anyone likes to do their own analyses on Fanduel, I have all the player prices in an easy format to cut and paste into Excel or whatever. It updates automatically every Monday morning so the Week 5 prices are here: http://o.ffense.com/fanduel/index.php

I don't play any other sites but if anyone has links to an API or something, I can add those as well.

Did Well overall with my two line-ups putting up 132 points and 136 points. I was surprised that the 136 line-up didn't place in one of the $5 1100 person contests. Crazy.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Week Entered Winnings Net ROI1 $224.00 $335.00 + $111.00 49.6%2 $208.00 $315.00 + $107.00 51.4%3 $377.00 $311.60 - $65.40 -17.3%4 $419.00 $633.80 + $214.80 51.3%The worst part is that I entered a bunch of contests early in week 3, and then remembered I was going to the Giants game and would be tailgating all Sunday morning, which is when I'd normally be putting in all my lineups. Don't know if I would've done anything differently anyway, but it bugs me that the only bad week I've had so far is the one when I didn't really get to do my usual research and lineup-setting routine. Add it to my list of lessons learned, and on to week 5.I linked it earlier in the thread but in case anyone likes to do their own analyses on Fanduel, I have all the player prices in an easy format to cut and paste into Excel or whatever. It updates automatically every Monday morning so the Week 5 prices are here: http://o.ffense.com/fanduel/index.php

I don't play any other sites but if anyone has links to an API or something, I can add those as well.
Question for you. I see the amounts you gamble, do you have a set amount you are willing to gamble each week?

I ask because I have been very strict with my bankroll. I only gamble 10% of my bankroll (over $1000 on Fanduel now, started with $25.00) each week. However, each week I keep increasing, but in small amounts. I'm tempted to double that amount this week though. Just curious is all, if you don't mind.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Question for you. I see the amounts you gamble, do you have a set amount you are willing to gamble each week?

I ask because I have been very strict with my bankroll. I only gamble 10% of my bankroll (over $1000 on Fanduel now, started with $25.00) each week. However, each week I keep increasing, but in small amounts. I'm tempted to double that amount this week though. Just curious is all, if you don't mind.
Nothing scientific. My budget is naturally limited anyway by the availability of contests I like to enter (low-stakes 50/50s, mostly), and my time during the week to check the site and enter new ones. Otherwise I don't worry about it too much.

I don't know how you turned your $25 into $1000. If you've had consistent success with a positive return on a weekly basis, then I would definitely try to get more than 10% in play going forward. OTOH if you're playing stuff like longshot GPPs and just happened to hit a big one at some point, I wouldn't up the ante, I think it's too easy to go long stretches without cashing in contests like those.

Thus far, my weekly results:

Week 1: 1-1 in 50/50, -10%

Week 2: 2-1 in H2H; 1-0 in 50/50; 0-1 in GPP; +5.6%

Week 3: 6-0 H2H; 2-0 50/50; 0-2 GPP; +32.3%

Week 4: 6-0 H2H; 1-1 50/50; 0-3 GPP; +19.8%

And by calling the GPPs losses, I mean not even a mini-cash. Clearly those are my Achilles Heel in the early going. That and wagering peanuts.

For those of us who play at Draft Kings:

This week Draft Kings is having a contest that pays out 1 million to first place and has a total guaranteed prize pool of 2.2 million. It's $27 per entry. I've found a few guys already that are undervalued and can be used to open up your budget. All these guys have concerns but for the price range I think they stand out.

Kyle Orton - $5000 (the lowest price for a QB)
He's already been named the starter so he should be worth consideration just because his value frees up cash for other positions. Beyond that however is that EJ Manuel left a lot of points on the field. As a Bills fan I watched the entire game and EJ Manuel just wasn't seeing the open receiver and when he did a bunch of times he just wasn't putting the ball where it needed to be. Also, the Bills offense is setup to help a bad QB. Both backs and Watkins all have the ability to make things happen after a short catch. There's a very very small chance he puts up top 5 QB numbers but the amount of cash that you'd save over a top QB really lets you load up on talent in other positions.

Terrance Williams - $4400
He struggled during the first few weeks because (IMO) Romo's back wasn't 100% and Dez is the guy. On Sunday the Cowboys offense looked like it was in sync and Williams put up some decent numbers.

Eddie Royal - $4400
He's just getting it done. The Chargers run game looks like garbage and I think Royal is getting the targets that would've gone to Woodhead. He's had back to back weeks with multiple TDs.

Devin Hester - $4300
He had a 70 yards and a TD last week and he had a couple TDs the week before in the blowout win vs Tampa. The Falcons are finding ways to get him the ball in space. However, keep an eye on the health status of Harry Douglas. If Douglas is back for this week it might cripple Hesters' playing time.

Travis Kelce - $3000 (the lowest possible price point)
I don't think this needs explaining

Darrin Reaves - $3000
For the lowest possible price you'll be getting a lead back or potential workhorse back playing against a Bears defence that hasn't been great against the run.

Everyone is going to see value of the players they like but I tried to go with some bottom of the barrel guys that at least have the potential to help a team.

Edit:
This is copy and paste post that I made at non-football forum. Posted it here to get some feed back from the SP gurus. Sorry if it's out of place or just pointing out the obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
This tool was great. didn't use it as bible but playing around with it definitely helped me find some good plays i might have overlooked otherwise. won 9 of 10 this week! (lost with 119 in a 50/50 :sadface:)

Will this thing be up and running for week 5?

Nothing scientific. My budget is naturally limited anyway by the availability of contests I like to enter (low-stakes 50/50s, mostly), and my time during the week to check the site and enter new ones. Otherwise I don't worry about it too much.

I don't know how you turned your $25 into $1000. If you've had consistent success with a positive return on a weekly basis, then I would definitely try to get more than 10% in play going forward. OTOH if you're playing stuff like longshot GPPs and just happened to hit a big one at some point, I wouldn't up the ante, I think it's too easy to go long stretches without cashing in contests like those.
I've won one GPP for $250, other than that it was all through grinding. I started with my original $25.00 deposit from this site just to get the free membership, lol. I doubled it the first few weeks to $100 and then proceeded to start gambling just my 10%. I had it up to $750 at one point during last year's NFL, lost 1/2 of it when I got greedy the day Jamaal Charles went nuts and I didn't have him in a single contest. Since then I went strict back to just 10%. I also grinded NBA for most of the season before stopping. Tried Baseball for a bit, but I'm just not a fan.

I think I may go up to 20% this week though. It's tough only gambling $100 when I have over $1,000 just sitting there. :)

Thanks for your reply!

It seems most people here play H2H and 50/50's. So far I've only really played GPP. Do you guys draft any different for different types of contests? Maybe a bit more conservative and looking for guaranteed points over low possibility home run type players?

It seems most people here play H2H and 50/50's. So far I've only really played GPP. Do you guys draft any different for different types of contests? Maybe a bit more conservative and looking for guaranteed points over low possibility home run type players?
Here's my personal breakdown of what I play:

First I normally play 10% of my bankroll. If you don't have a particular bankroll, then you could say it's what amount your willing to gamble that week.

I then breakdown THAT total like this.

50% H2H

35% 50/50's (with a few triple ups spread in)

15% GPP's (I always play some 20 man leagues as I have had success in those)

My GPP lineups are wild and crazy to be honest. I always try and use my H2H & 50/50 lineups (I usually have two similar LU's for those) in at least one GPP, just in case. However, my GPP lineups I mix up completely.

First I normally play 10% of my bankroll. If you don't have a particular bankroll, then you could say it's what amount your willing to gamble that week.

50% H2H

My GPP lineups are wild and crazy to be honest. I always try and use my H2H & 50/50 lineups (I usually have two similar LU's for those) in at least one GPP, just in case. However, my GPP lineups I mix up completely.
Thank you. I'm sorry but I have more questions.

How often do you use the same line up in your H2H and 50/50's?

Playing GPP, I mostly use different line ups for the same contest. I have used the same LU for a single contest in GPP twice but H2H seems like a different beast. A winning LU in one might not be a winner in another.

50% H2H

Playing GPP, I mostly use different line ups for the same contest. I have used the same LU for a single contest in GPP twice but H2H seems like a different beast. A winning LU in one might not be a winner in another.
I use two different lineups in ALL my H2H and 50/50's. Usually spread evenly. Sometimes both hit and I do great, other weeks (like this past week) one LU does great and the other stinks, resulting in just a little gain. Normally both LU's have some similarity however (I had Antonio Brown, Miami defense and Steve Smith in all LU's).

50% H2H

I use two different lineups in ALL my H2H and 50/50's. Usually spread evenly. Sometimes both hit and I do great, other weeks (like this past week) one LU does great and the other stinks, resulting in just a little gain. Normally both LU's have some similarity however (I had Antonio Brown, Miami defense and Steve Smith in all LU's).
Awesome. Thank you.

At the last second, after reading Dodds' blog post about James Jones, I swapped out Jordy Nelson and Bridgewater for James Jones and Drew Brees, in all my sunday entries. -20 point swing killed me everywhere. ARG!

50% H2H

Thank you. I'm sorry but I have more questions.How often do you use the same line up in your H2H and 50/50's?

I'm relatively new to the daily world, but it seems to me that identifying your "#1" lineup and riding it across the board is the thing to do unless and until your are playing 6+ H2H and 50/50 games. At the end of the day, playing anything other than the lineup you few as the best option is just a hedge. You shouldn't be hedging 1 contest against 3 contests IMO. You should play all 4 w/ your best. Some of these guys are playing 15+ contests. At that point the hedge becomes solid risk management.

Once you find your best lineup, it's not hard to find a bunch of other lineups with a few substitutions that come within one expected point of it.

Since I play across so many different sites, I'm already diversified even if I play just one lineup at each site.

But if I were playing only at one site, I'd play a number of different lineups at it. It's easy for a player or two in your lineup to lay an egg. (Donald Brown last week, or DeAngelo Williams, or Jeremy Kerley, or Vernon Davis, and so on.) When that happens, it's nice not to have all of your lineups affected.

On most weeks I run three basic line ups for cash games with many minor variations for each. I end up with 15-20 different lineups, but the core is always from one of the three basic line ups. But I also will risk up to 60% of my bank any given week depending on confidence. On low confidence weeks I will run two line ups with little to no variation and as little as 10-15% of my bank.

I guess most people are more consistent on what they wager each week, I can have big variation.

Maurile Tremblay said:
Once you find your best lineup, it's not hard to find a bunch of other lineups with a few substitutions that come within one expected point of it.

Since I play across so many different sites, I'm already diversified even if I play just one lineup at each site.

But if I were playing only at one site, I'd play a number of different lineups at it. It's easy for a player or two in your lineup to lay an egg. (Donald Brown last week, or DeAngelo Williams, or Jeremy Kerley, or Vernon Davis, and so on.) When that happens, it's nice not to have all of your lineups affected.
:goodposting:

I'm big on slight variations. I play more like Ignoratio, except not nearly as many contests. I'm getting there though.

Users who are viewing this thread