What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Promotion with Footballguys 2014 (1 Viewer)

When does the FBG weekly 50/50 contest wrap up? I see the tickets are for 11/16. Is the 50/50 over by then?

Cashed on my 3 entries and managed 2 tickets to get to 9 total. Need one more. Anybody got an educated guess on how many tickets will be punched for the final? The first few weeks had a ton of qualifiers. The top 55 will win at least $50, but there are probably ~3000 or so? That would be an average of 300 per week, which may be low.
I'm not sure but it would be easy to figure out if anyone knows the cutoffs for each week, just a rough guess would be around 4000-5000. I imagine a small number of players either won't remember or care enough to set their lineups for week 11 as well.
I asked fanduel support and they told me looks like contest is at around 2,000 entries as of now.

so this is my first week doing this...how do i see how bloom, dodds, and Bryant are doing?

also what is a good score?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure I'll come out strong and be in the money only to have the Monday night game knock me down to a hat

When will be able to "use" our pending tickets and create an entry for the contest. It's this week right?
The emails I got said you will be entered into the contest with a default lineup, then they will email the link to you. I got 10 entries so hoping for a high finish with one of them. Should be about 2400-2500 entries which is less than I was expecting.

I think the devastating part about this contest is that there are only 50 hats to go around. And they're priceless! I only have three tickets to try and get one. The toughest part will be putting a lineup together that is strong enough to win the hat but not so strong that I win cash instead.

I think the devastating part about this contest is that there are only 50 hats to go around. And they're priceless! I only have three tickets to try and get one. The toughest part will be putting a lineup together that is strong enough to win the hat but not so strong that I win cash instead.
If I win the 10K, I will trade someone $20 for a hat.
:lol: If the FBG Staff just understood the demand for the Hat, they might have been able to get away with a top Dollar prize and the rest hats!! ;)

I'm hoping I win multiple hats. I think they'll make great Christmas gifts. My wife would be thrilled if she found one under the tree Christmas morning.

So email states:

"IMPORTANT: You must edit the default lineup before this contest starts."
Screw that I LOVE the lineup they choose and I'm sticking with it!!!!!

Scott Tolzien
Henry Hynoski
John Kuhn
Kris Durham
Jeff Janis
Griff Whalen
Matthew Mulligan
Greg Zuerlein
Tennessee Titans

;)

Seems the Football Guys are a little busy building their lineups this week to beat us all seeing as the Week 11 Daily games information as of 10am central time is...... well :tumbleweed:

;)

So email states:

"IMPORTANT: You must edit the default lineup before this contest starts."
Screw that I LOVE the lineup they choose and I'm sticking with it!!!!!

Scott Tolzien

Henry Hynoski

John Kuhn

Kris Durham

Jeff Janis

Griff Whalen

Matthew Mulligan

Greg Zuerlein

Tennessee Titans

;)
If everyone in the contest used this default lineup, would we all tie for 1st? and last..

Bears homer posting a nice club house lead. Just goes to show how strategy might as well go out the window in any given week.

Had three entries.

Edited one, and copied to the two thers.

Doing quite well, and am in line for a free year of FBGs.

I edited the others to be different and increase my odds. Should have left them the same. I'd have three years!

(But I'd have reduced my chances to win big.)

I'm doing very well all season with my first lineup. Takes me all of five minutes. I've started playing lots of 50/50s and H2Hs and winning the vast majority. I fear the moment I put real money into the pot, though, downhill. Once I've made a hundy on the season, I"M OUT!

Looks like at least 1 in every 5 submissions were nuts on with New England running wild over the Colts. Haven't found a single one of those yet that had Jonas Gray.

Sitting at 100, hoping to hang on Mon night for a hat!

Took a big swing with Asiata with my single ticket....could have used a few more points from that slot :(

This was a lot of fun. Made a few hundred along the way and looks like 2 of my freeroll entries were good enough for FBG hats. :thanks:

I only cashed with 1 of the 10 tickets -- 70th place good for 1 year subscription. I loved this contest... thanks FBG!

This promotion was awesome!

Had 9 tickets won with 5 of my lineups and out of those 9 I kept one as the dummy lineup (IM CRAZY).

2. Ted for $4000 by far my biggest cash playing fantasy sports (just started this year for daily)

10. FBC Entry

73. 1 year Sub

90. 1 year Sub

116. FBC Hat

I was using this forum quick regularly early in the season (weeks 1-6) then I started to do less lineups cause I was just breaking even most weeks or losing a little. Up to this week I was about $300 in the hole on DK and FD. I came on here to brag a little bit as Im feeling a little excited! But mostly to say thank you to Football Guys, putting this forum together, and the tools provided.! I don't plan on blowing all of the money on DFS and Fantasy (this one might be hard) but I do plan on spending a large portion of it on FBC Leagues next year.

In all my leagues, FD, and DK I had the Packers D in about every single lineup 30+ entries and really that luck and putting together decent lineups separated me.

But Thanks again Football Guys staff and to the members of this forum!

Placed 75 for a year free subscription. I could cry, though, as in this lineup I had Green Bay in up until Sunday morning and switched to Cleveland based on caving in to FBG projections. Would have been good for 2nd. Woulda coulda shoulda I guess.

Great contest, lots of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread