What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (1 Viewer)

That's crazy, sounds like a NYG's fan theory.  In what world does a 5.5 road favorite have to keep up, LOL, is the NYG offense going to score at will against a very good Minn, top 10 def, don't think so
Vikings are 31st in pass yards a game, 3rd in rush yards per game.  25th overall for yards/game.  

Giants however give up the 6th most fantasy points to QB's, 3rd most fantasy points to WR's, and the 17th fewest to RB's

It's possible that they just key in on Cook and he isn't involved as much.  It's set up too well for the passing game to be the key piece.  And if they can't accomplish that (since the offense is just bad overall unless they are rushing) then they could easily be down.  

I do wonder if Cook will be odd man out for people as they go more CMC, Zeke, D.Johnson.   might drop his ownership a tad.  

Vikings are 31st in pass yards a game, 3rd in rush yards per game.  25th overall for yards/game.  

Giants however give up the 6th most fantasy points to QB's, 3rd most fantasy points to WR's, and the 17th fewest to RB's

It's possible that they just key in on Cook and he isn't involved as much.  It's set up too well for the passing game to be the key piece.  And if they can't accomplish that (since the offense is just bad overall unless they are rushing) then they could easily be down.  
They rank 31stin passing because they don't pass, not because they can't pass.

Week 1, 10 pass attempts

Week 2 32 attempts

Week 3 21 attempts

Week 4 36 attempts

That's under 25 pass attempts per game and even that is skewed because of throwing late in the GB and Chi games

I have little doubt that Minn will be able to run against NY and even less doubt they run often

Anyways I've pivoted off Cook in cash for now at least.  Here's where I'm at

Deshaun Watson

Zeke, DJ, McCaffrey

KeeSean Johnson (Byrd and Kirk unlikely to play as of now), MVS, Sutton

Waller

Bills

Might want to pay down a little more at QB, TE, or DEF and upgrade a WR or 2 here.  I'm not done messing with it yet.  

I have a feeling GB is going to use their 10 days of preparation to figure out how to contain Zeke.  Just a gut feeling.  

Here is what I am staring at for a cash core: 

L.Jackson - CMC/Cook/DJ- K.Allen - Eifert - Carolina.  

That gives an average of 5.5k for the last 2 WRs. 

Ha ha...don't blame me if things go south!  Sadly, I actually have him in my line up right now.  I will need to make a significant change elsewhere if I swap him out.  To be honest, I don't feel comfortable with any TEs until I get to Waller, but that is almost a $2k difference!!!
I never blame another adult for my own adult decision ;)

Do y'all ever play that $1 contest on Mondays that wins you a $9 ticket to the following Sunday Million? I won two of those on the Pitt/Cincy game. It's fun playing a couple Million $ contests for cheap this week.

Cant decide between these two cash lineups although I feel like the second might have the better floor.

Tom Brady
Christian McCaffrey
Dalvin Cook
Cooper Kupp
Julian Edelman
Larry Fitzgerald
Jimmy Graham
David Johnson
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Deshaun Watson
Leonard Fournette
Dalvin Cook
DeAndre Hopkins
Larry Fitzgerald
Courtland Sutton
Tyler Eifert
David Johnson
New England Patriots

Cant decide between these two cash lineups although I feel like the second might have the better floor.

Tom Brady
Christian McCaffrey
Dalvin Cook
Cooper Kupp
Julian Edelman
Larry Fitzgerald
Jimmy Graham
David Johnson
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Deshaun Watson
Leonard Fournette
Dalvin Cook
DeAndre Hopkins
Larry Fitzgerald
Courtland Sutton
Tyler Eifert
David Johnson
New England Patriots

+1 for LU #2

Scoresman said:

Tom Brady
Christian McCaffrey
Dalvin Cook
Cooper Kupp
Julian Edelman
Larry Fitzgerald
Jimmy Graham
David Johnson
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Deshaun Watson
Leonard Fournette
Dalvin Cook
DeAndre Hopkins
Larry Fitzgerald
Courtland Sutton
Tyler Eifert
David Johnson
New England Patriots

I agree, the 2nd LU looks better to me.  Not a fan of Brady or Graham in cash personally.  They could be fine, but it feels like a bet, and cash is meant to feel "safer".  That's just my viewpoint on it though.  I really like the RB lineup for #1, but I think McCaffrey and Fournette score pretty close to each other in .5ppr instead of full like other sites.  Seems like an easy pivot on FD.  

ETA: Only problem I see is there a ton of recomendations for the Panthers D this week, so Fournette might be a bad play with that being so popular of a take.  Or it's a good take as it's likely contrarian?  I don't know I can't decide which it is.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Scoresman said:
I have a feeling GB is going to use their 10 days of preparation to figure out how to contain Zeke.  Just a gut feeling.  
I am leaning this way. Obviously he's an automatic start in seasonal leagues, but in DFS I'd rather pay for Cook or Kamara.

I agree, the 2nd LU looks better to me.  Not a fan of Brady or Graham in cash personally.  They could be fine, but it feels like a bet, and cash is meant to feel "safer".  That's just my viewpoint on it though.  I really like the RB lineup for #1, but I think McCaffrey and Fournette score pretty close to each other in .5ppr instead of full like other sites.  Seems like an easy pivot on FD.  

ETA: Only problem I see is there a ton of recomendations for the Panthers D this week, so Fournette might be a bad play with that being so popular of a take.  Or it's a good take as it's likely contrarian?  I don't know I can't decide which it is.  
I think fournette is basically a lock for a ton of work this week. Carolina is good against the WR in the pass game and can bring pressure, but have given up plenty to RBs. Pretty sure they are down 1-2 defenders in their front 7 and one of their main corners. Minshew should be able to avoid the rush some with his mobility and I'd think he is dumping off to his TE/RB and short slants to WRs. 

I'm off Chark this week, but I think Westbrook, Conley or Lee have a big week, but good luck guessing. Shaunessey (sp?) may be a cheap GPP flier based on potential funnel action & game script.  (Fant and Knox are my other sub 5k dart throw at TE this week ill run in some GPPs)

My Cash games all start with Zeke/McCaffery/(insert 3rd RB with a good matchup). 3 WR's are usually in the 5-7k range and high target players. DEF - Pats/Bears/Vikings/Panthers (based on remaining salary) QB/TE, I'm in between a couple at both positions, I just need to settle.

FanDuel is all screwy again with contest offerings.  There is currently only one $2 50/50 available for the main slate.  There are usually 6 listed at any given time. 

I really need to stop playing these single game slates on FD.  So many people currently tied for 1st they are winning $4?

FanDuel is all screwy again with contest offerings.  There is currently only one $2 50/50 available for the main slate.  There are usually 6 listed at any given time. 
I think they come and go.  After I posted a similar thing earlier in the week I was able to find a handful of $1 50/50s. 

I really need to stop playing these single game slates on FD.  So many people currently tied for 1st they are winning $4?
Yeah I like DKs showdown much better-capt costs more,more contest selections and having team D as a choice. I min cashed with 103.87 and "won" 60 cents 

Not for a cash lineup, but I’ll have him in a few gpps. 

I also like both Tate’s(NYG/CIN) for salary relief too in gpps. 
Weird - I have the opposite take  I think he is better for cash since he does have a decent % of RZ targets for the team, but I don't think he had a ton of upside, so I don't think I am doing it in gpps, especially since he is looking to be highly owned.   I could see a line like 3-25-1, which would be fine for cash but I don't think he has 20pts in him like some of the other TEs on the slate could.

I'm only using him for cash too. Have a 25cent gpp with Dalton,Tate and Uzomah who may get more targets but is less likely to score.

WTF - why are there only 50 entry 50/50s showing up on FD?
Noticed that too. I always do like 5 of the 100 entry 50/50's and now I am having to do the 20 entry 50/50's.  I just went out to the lobby and saw one 50/50 with 100 entry so I jumped into that one before it filled but I don't see anymore. They must be tightening the reins.

Weird - I have the opposite take  I think he is better for cash since he does have a decent % of RZ targets for the team, but I don't think he had a ton of upside, so I don't think I am doing it in gpps, especially since he is looking to be highly owned.   I could see a line like 3-25-1, which would be fine for cash but I don't think he has 20pts in him like some of the other TEs on the slate could.
Yep

HERE is the old 4for4 article talking about correlations on FD that I was talking about.  Couple years old, and still has PK data in there, but still interesting to think about and I assume a lot of correlations still hold up, it's just the construction of the LUS are a little different if we are starting a 3rd RB most of the time.  

ETA:  I miss the PK, because after I read that I was stacking PK/DT a lot and getting low owned ideas that way.  

Eifert is projected to be highly owned, is cheap and is playing the Cardinals.  That screams cash.  He doesn't need to do a whole lot to return value.

It's less about the "TE against Arizona" as it is the player from the slot.  Most of those teams that Arizona has played has played their TE from the slot.  Eifert being a good blocker might be used in line more since their O-line sucks and he won't be used as often as a pass catcher.  With that being the case, I can see Tate being the slot guy, and it's very possible Eifert gets his normal amount of work and isn't as "safe" as he sounds.  

I wanna start with I like eifert this week. He has a great matchup against a team weak defending the TE. His cost is great. But his team is in flux. 

My issue with eifert in cash is his unknowns. He splits the snaps at TE already, Tate looks to be serviceable in fantasy at WR and this offense seems to prioritize wr. Which Dalton do we get? Is this a heavy Mixon game? There is not enough guaranteed production for me to run him at TE comfortably in cash. 

He feels more like a punt to me this week and I don’t like to punt a position in my cash games.  I will in cash+ and gpps tho. And that’s where I’ll be using him plenty this week. There seems to be plenty of high target WRs for cheap enough that will get a minimum of 5+ targets to use for cash. (I’d be more comfortable running Tate in cash than eifert) 

Just one mans opinion, take it with a grain of salt. I just enjoy a good discussion 🤘

Havent been active on the boards much this year. Work and family are just starting to slow down though. Nice to be back, hope y’all have been winning so far this year!!

Good discussion!

You arent alone - Smizz, or wtf his name is on the pod where he touts his flow chart (TEs vs AZ), said similar.  Pointed out that because he doesn't get volume and is TD dependent he isn't using him in cash, and just using in a few sprinkles of gpps.  

He said the flow chart worked in the last few weeks b/c they were TEs getting volume.  

I guess if I wasnt on Dissly because I didn't think the volume was good, I shouldn't be on Eifert.  

My punts at TE for gpps only are eifert, fant, Knox, and my super sleeper, sprinkle for the 4500 minimum. He’s looking at an awesome game script vs NE and should be a 4 down player with reed and Davis out. 

All right, let's see where these ideas lead.  Wrote down gpp ideas after looking at my usual stuff - touches, target%, air yards, etc..  As usual, most of the low % are going to come from WR, TE, DT.  

QB:  I like to try to keep the QB pool small, and about the only one I saw was Rivers.  If I read right, they are passing about 70% at home.  I put in a placeholder with Rivers/Ekeler/Allen + Suttton.  

RB:  Going mostly chalk here, but A.Jones was one that I wrote down with J.Williams going out.   Not sure I can dig much lower, but do I think Mixon is an interesting pivot from D.J.  

WR:  I feel like I am living a lot in the 5K range.  A few names I wrote down that I liked were:  C.Samuel, Sanders/Sutton, D.Johnson (pitt),  Chark/Westbrook, Crowder/Anderson.   I think a lot of these will be on LUs with lower owned game stacks - ie Bringing back a Jackson/Brown/Andrews stack with D.Johnson.  I was surprised at his stats - last couple weeks had has 21% of the target share and 50% of the air yards for Pitt.     I bolded the ones I liked the best.  

TE:  Another spot I am not seeing many low owned plays, but a couple gross names popped up:  Cook and Graham.  Cook has been seeing an increase in target % (20% last week) and has a decent share of air yards and aDOT.   IF TB gets up early....  Similar with Graham.  Saw a pop in workload, especially last week when Adams left.  17% of targets last week, and 5 RZ targets.  

DT: IMO the prime spot to get odd as usual.  Some cheapies that popped out were:  NYG (if Minn does air it out and Cousins sucks), Pitt (I like Lamar this week, but he could still toss some ints), GB( T.Smith out)

WR:  I feel like I am living a lot in the 5K range.  A few names I wrote down that I liked were:  C.Samuel, Sanders/Sutton, D.Johnson (pitt),  Chark/Westbrook, Crowder/Anderson.   I think a lot of these will be on LUs with lower owned game stacks - ie Bringing back a Jackson/Brown/Andrews stack with D.Johnson.  I was surprised at his stats - last couple weeks had has 21% of the target share and 50% of the air yards for Pitt.     I bolded the ones I liked the best.  
I have been gravitating towards him as well as the week has gone on.  He has emerged as the go to guy for now.  Ju Ju isn't fully healthy, McDonald isn't healthy...outside of the RBs, Johnson is the man and Baltimore has been vulnerable through the air.  I am looking at him for a cash line up as a great money saver.

I am currently staring at 2 line ups...

Ryan, McCaffrey, Cook, David Johnson, Allen, Edelman, G. Tate, Eifert, PHI

Ryan, McCaffrey, David Johnson, Fournette, Allen, Fitzgerald, Diontae Johnson, Waller, TEN

IMO, Johnson/Waller >>>> Tate/Eifert but Cook/Edelmen >> Founette/Fitgerald...leaning toward the second line up, but I have a mental block when it comes to Fournette.  We have a bad history together.

DT: IMO the prime spot to get odd as usual.  Some cheapies that popped out were:  NYG (if Minn does air it out and Cousins sucks), Pitt (I like Lamar this week, but he could still toss some ints), GB( T.Smith out)
Early in the week I was thinking Arizona could be a cheap play this week.  A lot of the FBG resources seem fairly bullish on the other side of that match up with Cincy at $3700.  I have sort of moved away from it all together, but perhaps Cincy is another cheap option for you to consider.

Early in the week I was thinking Arizona could be a cheap play this week.  A lot of the FBG resources seem fairly bullish on the other side of that match up with Cincy at $3700.  I have sort of moved away from it all together, but perhaps Cincy is another cheap option for you to consider.
Az was on there.  Again, what I do is just quick look at the RG "sack potential" chart.  Basically a DL vs. OL comparison of footballoutsiders' adjusted line rankings.  The names on there in order were:  Car, NYG, Az, Tenn, Pitt, NE, Chic, Jax.    The ones I highlighted also had a high DL grade, and not just based on the OL sucking.  I might still use AZ though as they will be low owned.   I think Giants were the weirdest on the list, but if Minny does try to increase the pass rate to make Thielen/Diggs happy, there might be something there to throw a dart on.  

There is a gpp LU I really like using the Atl/Houst game.  I assume that will be a popular play, so I am looking at maybe doing a couple LUs with that core and just rotating in the TEs and DTs on my list.  

Current cash:

Watson

CMC, DJ, Cook

Fitz, Sutton, MBrown

Graham

NE

Not crazy about the WRs. Love NE, but dropping down to GB let’s me go from Brown to K Allen. Have to figure NE can’t get a defensive TD(s) every week, right?

Good grief.  I don't want to be 100% on L.Jackson, but I seem to like him best for cash, and my favorite cheap stack is Jackson/Brown + D.Johnson.  

Good grief.  I don't want to be 100% on L.Jackson, but I seem to like him best for cash, and my favorite cheap stack is Jackson/Brown + D.Johnson.  
I can see why just because FD usually you can fill studs in a lot of places and still be under cap restraints as long as you fill a cheapish guy here and there.  I don't dislike the play, but I don't particularly like it either.  I think he'll be on the run a lot from the Steelers front 7, could be good, could be bad.  Plus these Steelers Ravens games usually end up 13-10 or something near there.  They are very low totals most of the time.  

Putting finishing touches on my main cash lineup built around Zeke/Cook/DJ:

• Watson
  • Zeke/Cook/DJ
  • Jeffery 
  • Fitz
  • Hollywood --> Fuller is an easy pivot, makes a risky but powerful stack with Watson.
  • Eifert
  • Pats --> Bears required to drop down if pivoting to Fuller.
I kind of like the Watson/Fuller stack to blow up this week finally, but its certainly risky for cash.  OTOH, Pitt doesn't have a top pass defense but their pass rush is better than the Falcons.  For defense, the bears are a solid option but Oakland is more competent than Washington and I think the Pats are more likely to score on defense (while the bears might be more likely to get the most sacks).

Putting finishing touches on my main cash lineup built around Zeke/Cook/DJ:

• Watson
  • Zeke/Cook/DJ
  • Jeffery 
  • Fitz
  • Hollywood --> Fuller is an easy pivot, makes a risky but powerful stack with Watson.
  • Eifert
  • Pats --> Bears required to drop down if pivoting to Fuller.
I kind of like the Watson/Fuller stack to blow up this week finally, but its certainly risky for cash.  OTOH, Pitt doesn't have a top pass defense but their pass rush is better than the Falcons.  For defense, the bears are a solid option but Oakland is more competent than Washington and I think the Pats are more likely to score on defense (while the bears might be more likely to get the most sacks).

Any last minute thoughts on Fuller/Bears vs Hollywood/Pats?  The matchup and stack are with Fuller, but Hollywood provides diversification.

I had thought the Pats were a better option to Bears, but seeing that Oakland is down to 3 healthy WRs, it might be mostly equal now.  Still though, Carr > Haskins, right?

Any last minute thoughts on Fuller/Bears vs Hollywood/Pats?  The matchup and stack are with Fuller, but Hollywood provides diversification.

I had thought the Pats were a better option to Bears, but seeing that Oakland is down to 3 healthy WRs, it might be mostly equal now.  Still though, Carr > Haskins, right?
McCoy is starting for the redskins today.  I am pretty much loaded up on NE in cash this week because of the matchup.  I went high on RB and punted on WR.  Too many low options at WR that I think will make cash value.

Should be fine, but so much for not wanting to start Watson in cash.  Sitting at 156 with Sutton left to play.  

Have an entry in the Milly sitting at 221 plus all of Elliot.  Top score is at 266.

Did't have CMac in that lineup either.

Users who are viewing this thread