What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 7 (1 Viewer)

Very early crack at 55K. This will probably change dramatically later in the week. Don't know if I can really afford to go with Foster.

QB: Cutler (6,700)

RB1: Foster (9,300)

RB2: F. Jones (5,600)

WR1: V. Jackson (7,000)

WR2: D. Moore (6,000)

WR3: K. Wright (5,300)

TE: S. Chandler (5,100)

K: S. Graham (5,000)

D: Green Bay (5,000)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll keep posting an unofficial FBG contest. Last week's was fun.

Changing it up.

Instead of winner take all, top three pay.

Instead of 60k cap, 55k.

Instead of Sunday start, Thursday.

$2 stays the same for this week.

Good luck.

Join

What is your feel for the Thursday nighter?

I can just as easily see Stafford, Cutler, Mega, Marshall all putting up points as I can both defenses dominating. This may be a good example of a week where joining Thursday starts but not starting Thursday players is an advantage. You know your competition in other leagues will be loading up on them. It may be there's no such thing as a bad week for Mega or even Marshall though.

Chicago and Detroit play on Monday night, not Thursday. The 49ers/Seahawks play this Thursday. Not sure I'd start anyone in that game.

Value at WR can definitely be had with Mike Williams and Lance Moore, especially if Graham is out.

Oh and my net result in 47 contests at Fan Duel last week was a $2 loss. My results at the other sites were similar, but I would have been down $60 if not for the heavy MNF play paying $55 in an $11 10 teamer at Draft Street.

Oops on the Thursday MNF confusion. I definitely see this as a good week to join Thursday contests but avoid that night's game. Carry on. I have SRice on a couple early rosters though. He's been ballin' for two straight weeks regardless of stat line.

'Marauder said:
Very early crack at 55K. This will probably change dramatically later in the week. Don't know if I can really afford to go with Foster.QB: Cutler (6,700)RB1: Foster (9,300)RB2: F. Jones (5,600)WR1: V. Jackson (7,000)WR2: D. Moore (6,000)WR3: K. Wright (5,300)TE: S. Chandler (5,100)K: S. Graham (5,000)D: Green Bay (5,000)
Given the state of BAL D and what lesser DAL backs (yes, I'm talkin' 'bout you Felix) did last week, I don't know if you can afford NOT to take Foster at any price this week. He could have 40 carries with 4 TDs.

Hey guys, let's try to not let this degenerate into a WDIS or roster spam. There are many interest aspects of dailies that we could converse about instead. Last week was much better than week 5 for me and I hope to break into the top 20 leaderboard once it's updated. I've been using a very analytical approach to creating teams and I'm going to start contributing those insights here for you guys to benefit from and give feedback.

Early projections are out by Numberfire and Accuscore this week and both have the same top four quarterbacks (by FanDuel scoring):

[*]RGIII

[*]Aaron Rodgers

[*]Drew Brees

[*]Cam Newton

RGIII is an interesting point this week. Both systems have projected him to be the highest scoring QB of the year and at the lowest unit price (price per point scored), ~$345.

At RB, both systems project Steven Jackson and BJGE as the value plays of the week. Both guys cost $6k or less and have unit prices under $510. I generally like both of their matchups, but the SJax is a close one. STL is showing RBBC and we did see GB do well (yardage-wise) against Arian Foster and co last week. It's pretty clear at this point that STL will not resign SJax.

According to Numberfire projections, you should be spending more money on WRs than RBs this week as the former's unit prices are less on average. However, Accuscore has projected the average WR score to be much lower so this strategy doesn't hold true for them. Most of you guys are probably familiar with Accuscore projections as they feed CBS and Yahoo, so you know they can be flakey. In fact, FantasyPros doesn't seem to track them anymore which is probably a bad indicator.

I'll post more data finds later in the week.

edit: I just realized the data I just pulled had Ten, Pit, Den, and SD filtered out, so the picture isn't perfect~

I guess I'll keep posting an unofficial FBG contest. Last week's was fun.

Changing it up.

Instead of winner take all, top three pay.

Instead of 60k cap, 55k.

Instead of Sunday start, Thursday.

$2 stays the same for this week.

Good luck.

Join
I think it's a good move to go with 3 pay spots. I actually did not like the single winner.....well until Monday.

Hey guys, let's try to not let this degenerate into a WDIS or roster spam. There are many interest aspects of dailies that we could converse about instead. Last week was much better than week 5 for me and I hope to break into the top 20 leaderboard once it's updated. I've been using a very analytical approach to creating teams and I'm going to start contributing those insights here for you guys to benefit from and give feedback.

Early projections are out by Numberfire and Accuscore this week and both have the same top four quarterbacks (by FanDuel scoring):

[*]RGIII

[*]Aaron Rodgers

[*]Drew Brees

[*]Cam Newton

RGIII is an interesting point this week. Both systems have projected him to be the highest scoring QB of the year and at the lowest unit price (price per point scored), ~$345.

At RB, both systems project Steven Jackson and BJGE as the value plays of the week. Both guys cost $6k or less and have unit prices under $510. I generally like both of their matchups, but the SJax is a close one. STL is showing RBBC and we did see GB do well (yardage-wise) against Arian Foster and co last week. It's pretty clear at this point that STL will not resign SJax.

According to Numberfire projections, you should be spending more money on WRs than RBs this week as the former's unit prices are less on average. However, Accuscore has projected the average WR score to be much lower so this strategy doesn't hold true for them. Most of you guys are probably familiar with Accuscore projections as they feed CBS and Yahoo, so you know they can be flakey. In fact, FantasyPros doesn't seem to track them anymore which is probably a bad indicator.

edit: I just realized the data I just pulled had Ten, Pit, Den, and SD filtered out, so the picture isn't perfect~
where on numberfire do you see this?

Liking so far:

QB: Eli Manning vs Redskins (8.2k)

RB: A. Bradshaw vs Redskins (7.4k)

RB: A. Morris @ Giants (7.1k)

RB: C. Johnson @ Bills (6.6k)

WR: V. Cruz vs Redskins (7.7k)

WR: H. Nicks vs Redskins (7.1k)

WR: B. Marshall vs Detroit (7k)

WR: S. Johnson vs Titans (5.9k)

TE: A. Hernandez vs Jets (5.8k)

TE: M. Bennett vs Redskins (5.8k)

K: G. Zuerlien vs Greenbay (5.1k)

D: Vikings vs Cardinals (5k)

No mention of Kenny Britt at $5900...is it just me, or is this not crazy value with his upside and suspect Buffalo secondary?

[*]RGIII

[*]Aaron Rodgers

[*]Drew Brees

[*]Cam Newton

where on numberfire do you see this?
https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/players/projections/

No mention of Kenny Britt at $5900...is it just me, or is this not crazy value with his upside and suspect Buffalo secondary?
Kendall Wright $600 cheaper could be nice too. He's been nice and steady PPR-wise.Kerley @ $4800 or S.Hill @ $4900 are good bets for garbage time sleepers.

'Marauder said:
Very early crack at 55K. This will probably change dramatically later in the week. Don't know if I can really afford to go with Foster.QB: Cutler (6,700)RB1: Foster (9,300)RB2: F. Jones (5,600)WR1: V. Jackson (7,000)WR2: D. Moore (6,000)WR3: K. Wright (5,300)TE: S. Chandler (5,100)K: S. Graham (5,000)D: Green Bay (5,000)
Given the state of BAL D and what lesser DAL backs (yes, I'm talkin' 'bout you Felix) did last week, I don't know if you can afford NOT to take Foster at any price this week. He could have 40 carries with 4 TDs.
He'll probably need 40 carries just to get 90 yards. Good thing he gets garbage TD's because he's just awful, one of the most overrated back in the league.

Is there any "expert" leagues with a lot more players than just the 50/50's with 50 players.

I guess they are not as popular. :\

'Marauder said:
He'll probably need 40 carries just to get 90 yards. Good thing he gets garbage TD's because he's just awful, one of the most overrated back in the league.
Feel free to drop him in any league you're "stuck" with him.HOU-BAL just feels like a bounceback game for the Texans, and even though it's in BAL, I think they come out swinging and never take the foot off the gas. Tate could even get some action this week.

'Marauder said:
Feel free to drop him in any league you're "stuck" with him.HOU-BAL just feels like a bounceback game for the Texans, and even though it's in BAL, I think they come out swinging and never take the foot off the gas. Tate could even get some action this week.
The game is not in Baltimore

'JShare87 said:
'The Kuhn said:
The game is not in Baltimore
In that case, even more in HOU's favor. My mistake.

'The Kuhn said:
Any back with that many carries in those situations would get as many points if not more.Give me 50 carries in a game and I'll do the same. Not hard to get 2 and 3 yard runs. Hopefully he'll break down soon.

Since we are talking about Fanduel, who would want to waste $9800 or whatever it is when you can get the same production for half the price.

People think he's going to get 200 yards and 3td's because Ravens are banged up...lol

He's not even a Top 10 back in the league, just in a good situation, ####ty division, ####ty schedule.

Great thing, people thought Houston was great then they got wrecked, foster showed what he is made out of.

These fantasy geeks get all excited because he had two garbage td's.

Since we are talking about Fanduel, who would want to waste $9800 or whatever it is when you can get the same production for half the price.People think he's going to get 200 yards and 3td's because Ravens are banged up...lolHe's not even a Top 10 back in the league, just in a good situation, ####ty division, ####ty schedule.Great thing, people thought Houston was great then they got wrecked, foster showed what he is made out of.These fantasy geeks get all excited because he had two garbage td's.
Yeah, why would people posting on a fantasy football message board care about fantasy stats?Why would people posting on a fantasy football message board not totally agree with you that the #1 Fantasy football back this season (and over the last 3 years) sucks and isn't worth the money?You are crazy. But I'll give you a chance to put your money where your mouth is. I'll take Arian Foster this weekend and you can take any of the RBs that "get the same production for half the price." I'll put $20 on Foster. You pick your half price guy and put $20 on him.

By the way, here's what Arian Foster has done in his last 36 regular season games:

3,627 yards rushing, 135 receptions, 1,329 yard receiving, 41 TDs.

On average, That is 101 yards rushing, 4 catches for 35 yards receiving and 1.2 TD per game. On average. That is massive production by any measure.

Since we are talking about Fanduel, who would want to waste $9800 or whatever it is when you can get the same production for half the price.People think he's going to get 200 yards and 3td's because Ravens are banged up...lolHe's not even a Top 10 back in the league, just in a good situation, ####ty division, ####ty schedule.Great thing, people thought Houston was great then they got wrecked, foster showed what he is made out of.These fantasy geeks get all excited because he had two garbage td's.
Yeah, why would people posting on a fantasy football message board care about fantasy stats?Why would people posting on a fantasy football message board not totally agree with you that the #1 Fantasy football back this season (and over the last 3 years) sucks and isn't worth the money?You are crazy. But I'll give you a chance to put your money where your mouth is. I'll take Arian Foster this weekend and you can take any of the RBs that "get the same production for half the price." I'll put $20 on Foster. You pick your half price guy and put $20 on him.
:goodposting: I'm not much of a high stakes guy, but I'll challenge KingK in a $2 HTH (60k). I must use Foster in my lineup, and KingK cannot.What do you say KingK?

does anyone know if FootballGuys is going to post all of its fan duel information this week? They did not for some reason last week.
It's not on the schedule, and Bryant and Dodds ignored tweets I sent asking about it, so who knows. The one Fan Duel article left is trash.

Do you realize how silly this sounds?

Users who are viewing this thread