What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Scored 191 and didnt even win over $100. Frustrating seeing these people who have never won before win it all time and time again.

best line-up for me so far in the Sunday Millionaire

Big Ben

Mark Ingram

Melvin Gordon still to go

Antonio Brown

Emmanuel Sanders

Sammy Watkins

Delanie Walker

Gostkowski

NYJ

let's get Sanders another TD!

Figures the Falcons would resort to illegal hits to get the awesome that is Blaine Gabbert out of the game. Everyone with ATL defense can relax, Kaep is back in

I'm really struggling with this week... idk why.

Here's where I've landed (for now) for Thursday Cash games:

Roethlisberger

Lewis

Hill

Edelman

Jeffery

Decker

Gates

Janikowski

Jets

I welcome all critiques as I really don't have a great feel for this one...
Tweaked a bit (actually back closer to where I started this week):

Tyrod

Freeman

Hill

Edelman

Jeffery

Stevie Johnson

Gates

Janikowski

Denver

I don't feel the need to force Ben when Tyrod's dirt cheap and can easily return value. Freeman's matchup is too good to ignore, price be damned. I have a hunch Hill's scoring tonight, and getting 20 touches. The matchup is tailor-made to get him back on track. Edelman, Jeffery are both WR1s at mid-tier price points... good matchup for both too. Stevie and Gates together initially scared me off this play, but pairing them together ensures likely 40% of San Diego's pass offense (and really I could see them accounting for much more). If Stevie gets all the horizontal, possession type targets that Allen's been getting, he's a tremendous value at his cost. San Diego is going to be throwing... I think either Stevie or Gates goes off and the other has a strong game (Ladarius Green hasn't been practicing much either). Denver is expensive, but they may well pay off as you look at how punishing they've been on defense. Now they're likely getting an Indy team in turmoil - new OC, no TY Hilton, Luck playing the worst ball of his career... plus Peyton's coming home with an army. Giddy up if you can afford them.
This was an awful lineup. Getting torched in all my Thursdays. Hoping my Sunday lineup pulls out a net positive week... Or neutral at this point.

Had written long post and did not save ... figures ...

New rules regarding the max entries for games under $10 on Fan Duel significantly changed the landscape of all things H2H in the $1 - $10 range this weekend. DRAMATIC drop in level of competition.

I waited until late Saturday night and went into the H2H lobby for each individual game slate. Used the Rotogrinders Chrome tool and started picking up games posted by players with less than 200 wins. Additionally, I posted H2H games. Most weekends I am at 70% win rate in the H2H area. This weekend I am sitting at 87/100 with players left on MNF.

BIG difference in the talent level now

You have to take advantage of this change next weekend

For all of you chasing a big win ... best of luck tonight and tomorrow

Big John, go to ...

Rotogrinders Forums

Search Google Chrome Opponent/Match Up Tool

Download

I am a technical monkey and it is that easy

Once loaded, while visiting Fan Duel via Chrome, you can place your cursor over a player's screen name and it shows their total wins

Free tool

Brilliant

Big John, go to ...

Rotogrinders Forums

Search Google Chrome Opponent/Match Up Tool

Download

I am a technical monkey and it is that easy

Once loaded, while visiting Fan Duel via Chrome, you can place your cursor over a player's screen name and it shows their total wins

Free tool

Brilliant
:thumbup:

I've got a strong hunch the Rodgers lights it up tomorrow and makes a strong gpp play.

Rodgers

Freeman

Woodhead

Cobb

Jones

Bryant

Gates

Den K and D
Close but Freeman, Cobb, Bryant were only average to slightly above average. This should cash but won't win.

Right now I have 57/66 LU's for cash games cashing easily. They all have 145-149 points and still 1-2 players left to go.

My other 9 LU's, the ones I changed 10 minutes before kickoff( dohhhh) is sitting at 95 points, with the cash line on most right at 115. I still have langford and s. johnson still to go. But my guess is I wont hit cash with these 9LU's.

Still good week for 57/66 cashing

My LU that looks like it wont cash wasnt horrible, I actually thought it was solid.

E. Manning 14.42

J. Langford

M. Ingram 11.6

ODB 15

S. Johnson

Edelman 12

D. Walker 27

Gostkowski 9

Atanta 5

Thought it was a solid play for cash

Last edited by a moderator:
ingram could have had 2 td's if he ran harder
Yep, and manning played horrible too. Those 2 alone should have had me in the money. I dont even want to get started on the dumpster fire that is atlanta. They lost to gabbert..You have julio jones, matt ryan, and freeman...No reason they should have lost.

what hurt me other than ingram was brady handing the ball off all game.. they were acting like it was a preseason game

OK, so I faded off my Brady lineups( Left him in one) and went with Rivers so we shall see if that worked out.

My other switch of Ingram in place of D. Williams was a failure.. :(

And I REALLY need to start paying attention to some of the lineups I put together as the one I did for the FBG Game is way to dependent on a High Scoring game tonight.:

At 64.8 right now..

QB Philip Rivers
RB Devonta Freeman
RB Mark Ingram
WR Steve Johnson
WR Alshon Jeffery
WR Michael Crabtree
TE Antonio Gates
K Josh Lambo
D New England Patriots

:eek:

I am sitting at 143.56 in the FBGFC qualifier, currently 141st place. Still have jeffrey and johnson to go tonight. That good enough for a ticket? First week I have played it.

Looks to be the best week of the year for me. Felt a little too invested in Brady and pivoted 1 of my 2 1pm lineups and 1 of my 4 full slate lineups to Newton. Alot still going tonight and I think that's fairly common. Thurs 97 and 127. Full 119, 118, 126, 122. Feels like a good place to be.

I am sitting at 143.56 in the FBGFC qualifier, currently 141st place. Still have jeffrey and johnson to go tonight. That good enough for a ticket? First week I have played it.
Jigandreel is at 130.96 with I'm assuming Gates and Langford.

Blackeyedjoe is at 128.26 with two WR's...which could be good for you if they match.

Can't find the 3rd.

Looks like I'm screwed at 122 with Gates and Langford. My 118 with Wilson and Lambo is probably unique but not enough for a ticket. Hopefully still win the $20.

Jigandreel is at 130.96 with I'm assuming Gates and Langford.

Blackeyedjoe is at 128.26 with two WR's...which could be good for you if they match.

Can't find the 3rd.

Looks like I'm screwed at 122 with Gates and Langford. My 118 with Wilson and Lambo is probably unique but not enough for a ticket. Hopefully still win the $20.
Sigmondbloom is at 104.14 with a TE left.

I guess Dodds above could have Bennett instead of Gates.

Looks like I'll be winning every cash game entry I submitted this week, across three lineups, which would be a first. That's two good weeks in a row for me now. Trusting the numbers is the way to go it would seem.

GilbertGrape said:
Bobcat10 said:
Scores are insane today.
Agreed. Haven't seen thousands of people over 200 points by this time before.
Doesn't seem that far off to me. I'm in the FD $2 GPP with 258,620 entries. There's 51 scores over 200 at this point.

Hit a big one this week. 206.88 in that GPP. Currently in 17th place. Crossing fingers for tonight.

Newton

Miller

Murray

Brown

Hurns

Crabtree

Olsen

Boswell

Broncos

Do any of you guys play the Monday-Thursday slates? Had a buddy tell me those smaller slates were where he was making most of his money this year, but honestly they feel to me like the margin of error is razor thin.

For this week, for example, you can pretty much have any player you want.

Wouldn't almost everyone roll out the following?

Rivers

McCoy/Ivory

Langford

Jeffery

Marshall/Decker

Stevie

Gates

Kicker

Jets D

The plays seem very obvious, so it seems very likely if you're wrong on any one of them in a 2-game slate, you're losing $$. Someone explain these to me and the strategy behind them... obviously folks are winning out there on them.

You just play all the chalk, which is the exact opposite from the GPP approach for small slates. As obvious is it is that Gates or Rivers is the only choice for this slate, or the Jets Defense is the correct call, you will still get people picking Fitzpatrick, Clay, and the Chargers. Those kinds of choices are going to eliminate 20-30% of the field most slates, so youre left flipping coins with like 70-80% of the field over Jeffrey, Decker, Marshall, etc. Its alot more like gambling than big slates because so many people are on the same guys, but IMO if youre putting as little thought into it as possible you will have +EV in the long term.

GilbertGrape said:
Bobcat10 said:
Scores are insane today.
Agreed. Haven't seen thousands of people over 200 points by this time before.
Doesn't seem that far off to me. I'm in the FD $2 GPP with 258,620 entries. There's 51 scores over 200 at this point.
I think when I posted that I was referring to the 1pm Only slate. Those cut lines for cash games were over 145pts. The $2 Snap 1pm cut was 155.2 for comparison. Usually their is more of a delta there.

The full slate games seem rather normal to me...after tonight maybe a little on the high side, but nothing much different than what we've seen on other high scoring weeks this year.

Do any of you guys play the Monday-Thursday slates? Had a buddy tell me those smaller slates were where he was making most of his money this year, but honestly they feel to me like the margin of error is razor thin.

For this week, for example, you can pretty much have any player you want.

Wouldn't almost everyone roll out the following?

Rivers

McCoy/Ivory

Langford

Jeffery

Marshall/Decker

Stevie

Gates

Kicker

Jets D

The plays seem very obvious, so it seems very likely if you're wrong on any one of them in a 2-game slate, you're losing $$. Someone explain these to me and the strategy behind them... obviously folks are winning out there on them.
I hate these slates. Comes down to K and D most of the time. Really hate them when there's not enough salary in play to make the cap come into play.

These are the slates to just enter crazy GPPs. Theres not too many fringe guys to think about, and when they hit, like last night who is crazy enough to enter both J. Matthews AND Beasley in the same lineup, but that pair with Malcolm Floyd or Marquis Wilson could make someone a ton of money tonight.

I played pretty much all the chalk plus pats d, Barth and Eli, even though Lee said that was a terrible idea. I didnt listen and Manning threw an int on the first pass of the game. 130 with Gates and Stevie to go. Gpp lineups might return $5. I may just drop gpps entirely moving forward.

I made a bunch of $1 and $2 h2hs for the first time, and a good chunk of the lineups I'm up against are completely crazy. Might fire up twice as many next week.

ingram could have had 2 td's if he ran harder
Yep, and manning played horrible too. Those 2 alone should have had me in the money. I dont even want to get started on the dumpster fire that is atlanta. They lost to gabbert..You have julio jones, matt ryan, and freeman...No reason they should have lost.
Like I said earlier, the Falcons have been sputtering on offense, had no Leonard Hankerson which is really the only #2 behind Julio Jones, and were traveling West against a 49ers team that stinks but still plays good defense at home.

Ok, how many points will I score tonight on MNF?

I'm on Fanduel and have 130 points but still have TE A. Gates, WR A. Jeffery, and WR S. Johnson.

To win the 500,000 dollar 1st place prize I would have to score 229. Don't think I'll make it, but it is possible....

How many points do you guys think those three will score ?

thanks,

Jim

Well my 1 PM lineup with Brady lost $20, but my Thursday - Sunday lineups are in a good spot.

122 for one with Jeffery and S Johnson to go still. If they get 30 total I'll hit the quint and place in the 100 person and 250 person tournament

123 with jeffery and Bennett to play, basically the same thing need at least 30 and I should be able to hit in the quint and a 100 and 250.

I'll win all the 50/50's, double, and triple ups so the baseline with this is $60 profit, but if it goes well tonight this could be a very good week.

As for a Mon-Thurs play just going chalk and doing a 50/50 and a h2h

Rivers

Ivory

Lankford

Jeffery

B Marshall

S Johnson

Gates

Lambo

Jets

Good luck everyone!

I'm on Fanduel and have 130 points but still have TE A. Gates, WR A. Jeffery, and WR S. Johnson.

To win the 500,000 dollar 1st place prize I would have to score 229. Don't think I'll make it, but it is possible....

thanks,

Jim
I'm not a fan of Jeffery this week. I know he's $7900 and an elite WR1 but the match-up against Verrett is legit. Verrett has shadowed AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb, Amari Cooper, and Steve Smith, and he's still graded out as a top CB, at least according to PFF.

thanks,

Jim
I'm not a fan of Jeffery this week. I know he's $7900 and an elite WR1 but the match-up against Verrett is legit. Verrett has shadowed AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb, Amari Cooper, and Steve Smith, and he's still graded out as a top CB, at least according to PFF.
This is where PFF and FO disagree somewhat. FO has SD ranked 28th vs.WR1s. That means either something is wrong with one of the grading systems, or SD doesn't keep Verrett blanketed onto WR1s consistently.

thanks,

Jim
This is where PFF and FO disagree somewhat. FO has SD ranked 28th vs.WR1s. That means either something is wrong with one of the grading systems, or SD doesn't keep Verrett blanketed onto WR1s consistently.
Something is wrong, opinion ...

Or they have people that never put on pads grading out their games, which constitutes a large segment of people in the FF industry. And by pads I mean someone that played at/above DI level

Verrett can play. Period. The only WR that he has not handled was A Cooper

I appreciate the perspective PFF and FO provide but my experience is becoming, as it relates to individual grades, for every 2 they have correct there is 1 wrong

Users who are viewing this thread