What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Winners - WEEK 2 (1 Viewer)

Carver

Footballguy
:thumbup:

Carver crushed it again.. and again...and again..

Took $300 on the Sunday only contests and im almost a lock to finish in the money tonight on all 4 50/50's I played ($10 to win $18).

How did you all make out? Please link your wins. :banned:

Linkage

Schaub

Foster

Spiller

Cruz

Green

Amendola

Graham

Keading

Skins

Rough week for me. I played in six leagues (a couple 50/50 leagues, a 3 person league, and three of the $1-2 big games) and lost in all of them.

Aaron Hernandez - In 5 leagues

Brandon Marshall - In 4 leagues

Darren Mcfadden - In 3 leagues

Andre Johnson - In 3 leagues

I did have CJ Spiller in all six leagues, and RGIII in four leagues...but it's hard to overcome starting those guys in so many leagues.

I'm still in the profit for the year though, since I did really well last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my first week trying this.

Still have Thomas left tonight in all 3

445 out of 2790

179 out of 962

12 out of 50

no idea if that wins :bag:

Started the week with 250 and unless something bizarre happens tonight, I should end up with 305. I'll keep playing until I have a losing week. I would think it will get harder as the season progresses.

Hernandez killed me this week. I had him in about 10 entries and maybe only cashed anything in one of them. The 50/50s seem much easier than the other options. I may only enter those this week.

Cam Newton

Reggie Bush

C.J. Spiller

Victor Cruz

Percy Harvin

Calvin Johnson

Jared Cook

Nate Kaeding

NE v ARI (Final)

167 and 5th place in the FBG thing minus tonights game

i was flip flopping between cam+cook and rg3+graham

rg3+graham would have given me 186 and 1st place :cry:

as close as i was, i only got there because A LOT of things went my way. it's going to be very hard to win one of these.

(Sunday games only)

Eli Manning

CJ Spiller

Stevan Ridley

AJ Green

Steve Smith

Andre Johnson

Jimmy Graham

Nate Kaeding

Cincy D

Finished 3rd even with AJ goose egg.

Finished 15/100 in the 1pm $10 one. Top 13 pay

Sitting in good shape in my others

2/10 in $50, 50/50 Expert - sure thing to win $90

58/557 in $10 one with J Jones still to go. Top 55 pay. Should win $30-$50 depending on how he finishes

6/50 in $5, 50/50 sure thing to win $9

Risked $75 on 4 leagues

Cashed $99-$149 pending result tonight.

I'm 36th of 335 in the 3K Sunday NFL special with Julio to go tonight ---- guess if he has a big game I'll win some cash so definitely excited about the game tonight

Played 4 leagues... Did two 50/50s and two regular leagues. Currently in first in all but one of them (50 person) and I'm in 2nd there, likely to move into 1st. Still have Julio Jones to go. Should profit ~$100 in my first week.

Is this thing always this easy? May have to enter a LOT more leagues next week.

My team this week:

QB Cam Newton

RB Arian Foster

RB C.J. Spiller

WR Julio Jones

WR A.J. Green

WR Percy Harvin

TE Rob Gronkowski

K Stephen Gostkowski

D New England Patriots

Total Score 151.92 (w julio to go)

My friend won one of the 5K tournaments this week. He texted me last night saying he needed V. Davis to put up 13 points and he would finish in first with no one possibly being able to surpass him. He said he started Eli, Cruz and Spiller. I didn't ask him about the rest of his line-up until after V.Davis well exceeded those 13 points. He went silent. I assume he went out to celebrate lol.

I made a "perfect team" by Wednesday and was 100% confident in it. (i like the 1pm only games)

Newton

Spiller

Ridley

Harvin

AJ Green

Steve Smith

Graham

Hartley

Texans

Saturday night I decided to "diversify" and played one small competition and got trounced. An embarrassing 46th out of 50. I had Hernandez, Andre Johnson, Colston, Mcfadden...just ugh.

But my "perfect team" won everything, and is 85th in the fbguys tournament.

This week will be harder.

Spiller is up to 7800, Ridley is 6100 but plays Baltimore..

Alfred Morris is 6000 and goes against the Bengals. But I don't care what he does, no chance I'm playing a Redskins RB in this one.

Other than that, I don't see any huge steals at RB. Will make things tougher, might have to adjust strategy.

My team featuring Flacco, McFadden, Charles and Fitz finished about 520/570

I'm still in the hunt on my 50/50s at least

Still trying to finish over the 50% in one of these. I'm happy for all you guys who do well in these. I consistantly do well in draft and go leagues, but would pick a wooger out of a bag full of ######s in any contest like this.

727 of 962 in the FBG one. Oakland D got me -3 pts.

why the hell am I playing in the $55k "expert" leagues? With $65k you can have studs at every position, it's crazy.

Still trying to finish over the 50% in one of these. I'm happy for all you guys who do well in these. I consistantly do well in draft and go leagues, but would pick a wooger out of a bag full of ######s in any contest like this.727 of 962 in the FBG one. Oakland D got me -3 pts.
post your team

why the hell am I playing in the $55k "expert" leagues? With $65k you can have studs at every position, it's crazy.
uh, because the people you are playing also have $65ki've been playing the 55k ones mostly. i have been doing better in those relative to the competition.

Still trying to finish over the 50% in one of these. I'm happy for all you guys who do well in these. I consistantly do well in draft and go leagues, but would pick a wooger out of a bag full of ######s in any contest like this.727 of 962 in the FBG one. Oakland D got me -3 pts.
post your team
It's really pretty embarrassing....bassnbrew88.1Drew BreesNO @ CAR (Final) 21Stevan RidleyNE v ARI (Final) 11Chris JohnsonTEN @ SD (Final) 3.8Demaryius ThomasDEN @ ATL (Pre-game) Percy HarvinMIN @ IND (Final) 17.7Brandon LloydNE v ARI (Final) 10Jimmy GrahamNO @ CAR (Final) 16.6Garrett HartleyNO @ CAR (Final) 11Oakland RaidersOAK @ MIA (Final) -3Figure Brees would be good for 350 and 3 TDs. Not too bad here. Expected CJ to bounce back...he really is who he was last year. Graham had most of those stats in the first half. I don't think I've ever gotten negative pts from a defense in 20 years of ff.Now since this isn't a 50/50 contest I did swing for the fences with big play guys Lloyd and Thomas.

Prior attemtps...

S4039897

09/09

FootballGuys.com FanDuel Championship - Week 1

$60k

107.98(2155 of 2800)

Tournament

Free

$0

View

S880566

09/25

FootballGuys.com - $500 NFL Freeroll

$60k

92.12(531 of 673)

Tournament

Free

$0

View

S850127

09/18

FootballGuys.com - $500 NFL Freeroll

$60k

140.28(533 of 1068)

Tournament

Free

$0

View

S256805

12/12

FantasyPros.com - NFL $500 Freeroll

$60k

90.90(435 of 924)

Tournament

Free

$0

View

S244674

12/05

FantasyPros.com - NFL $500 Freeroll

$60k

59.88(556 of 662)

Tournament

Free

$0

View

Played in 4 50/50 games this week, am top 4 in 3 of them, and sitting at 27th of 50 in the last one.

Colston/Marshall/Brady all killed me in last one, Spiller/Foster/Cruz helped me in my best league.

353/962 in FBG contest with Decker still to play.

www.fanduel.com/entry/YVREZW

post your team
It's really pretty embarrassing....bassnbrew88.1Drew BreesNO @ CAR (Final) 21Stevan RidleyNE v ARI (Final) 11Chris JohnsonTEN @ SD (Final) 3.8Demaryius ThomasDEN @ ATL (Pre-game) Percy HarvinMIN @ IND (Final) 17.7Brandon LloydNE v ARI (Final) 10Jimmy GrahamNO @ CAR (Final) 16.6Garrett HartleyNO @ CAR (Final) 11Oakland RaidersOAK @ MIA (Final) -3Figure Brees would be good for 350 and 3 TDs. Not too bad here. Expected CJ to bounce back...he really is who he was last year. Graham had most of those stats in the first half. I don't think I've ever gotten negative pts from a defense in 20 years of ff.Now since this isn't a 50/50 contest I did swing for the fences with big play guys Lloyd and Thomas.
CJ is horrible for this type of contest. You need guys who are going to be almost shoo-ins for points, which he is not.Also, when a player is extremely popular one week (as Spiller was this week), if he explodes and you DON'T pick him, you are screwed.I just looked at one of the 50/50's I won, and I noticed the Spiller was on 9 of the 10 winning rosters.Hunt around on these threads and see if there is a player showing up on almost everyone's list. If so, it's not a bad idea to include him, unless you strongly feel he will have a bad game.

My theory with 65k is that they are too easy. Even an idiot can pick a team full of studs. That brings luck into the equation, as the winner is just the person who picks the best studs. Kind of like an 8 man espn league with small rosters.The 55k, I originally discounted. Why? Because I felt that even though I feel like I could outsmart 50% of the people in expert, you are forced to take guys that are not necessarily a sure thing. A 60k roster seemed to be a good middle ground.Even though I had a good weekend though, I think I'm heading back to 55k next week. I just think that "sharks" can dominate the 55k. I wish I had played in one, just so I could look at history for this past week and see what rosters looked like.

post your team
CJ is horrible for this type of contest. You need guys who are going to be almost shoo-ins for points, which he is not.Also, when a player is extremely popular one week (as Spiller was this week), if he explodes and you DON'T pick him, you are screwed.I just looked at one of the 50/50's I won, and I noticed the Spiller was on 9 of the 10 winning rosters.Hunt around on these threads and see if there is a player showing up on almost everyone's list. If so, it's not a bad idea to include him, unless you strongly feel he will have a bad game.
For the 50/50s its a decent strategy but its almost 50/50 with these guys going off. Many were high on Spiller but they were also high on DMC. You have to play some of the no brainers but also fade some of them at the same time. The bigger thing is getting your few low salaried guys to go off like if you had Amendola. The other problem is that almost everyone else in these leagues are sharks so they ain't stupid. In a standard FF league esp. with friends, you can use shark behavior to your advantage. On Fanduel, as you alluded to, it was more rare to not see Spiller on a roster so if you faded him and he doesn't hit, you almost guarantee a win. While I saw plenty who played him and still lost.

'[icon] said:
Where are these bigger games? I can only find 10/20/50 man tourneys.
Try removing all the filters? Or filter for 21+ playersEarly analysis shows these values:Spiller 7.8 still a thousand under the top backs, so good valueWayne 6.4 keep riding him at this priceFloyd 5.8Celek 5.7

'shader said:
'BassNBrew said:
'flc735 said:
'BassNBrew said:
post your team
Also, when a player is extremely popular one week (as Spiller was this week), if he explodes and you DON'T pick him, you are screwed.
i don't think that is good advice. you could also say if you pass on a popular player and he does bad (marshall for example), you have a huge advantage. i took reggie over the popular ridley pick and that payed off big time for me this week. dont avoid popular players, but don't pick them just because everyone else is.the only mistake i see is the CJ4 pick. not because he scored 4 points but because we have 4 great value plays at rb that week and you passed on 3 of them. morris, ridley, spiller and reggie all had super good matchups for 5.9-6.6kthose guys were must starts. you can't control andre johnson going for 3 points, but you can control obvious plays like those rb's we mentioned.stick with the 50/50 games until you get better at this. you weren't far off from the normal 50-50 league cut off with that team.this week, start m bush vs the rams. no reason for him to not be in every lineup. some will still pass on him and those are the people that will be handing us thier money this week :thumbup:

'[icon] said:
Where are these bigger games? I can only find 10/20/50 man tourneys.
Try removing all the filters? Or filter for 21+ playersEarly analysis shows these values:Spiller 7.8 still a thousand under the top backs, so good valueWayne 6.4 keep riding him at this priceFloyd 5.8Celek 5.7
Adding on:Colston at 6Decker at 5.8Torrey Smith at 5.4 (I have trust even though its .5 ppr and Pats haven't really faced a real passing team)Bush and Sproles still have value b/c of .5 pprDoug Martin at 6.7And some "stud" RBs at bargain prices if you think CJ or Charles breaks out this week.

'shader said:
'BassNBrew said:
'flc735 said:
'BassNBrew said:
post your team
Also, when a player is extremely popular one week (as Spiller was this week), if he explodes and you DON'T pick him, you are screwed.
i don't think that is good advice. you could also say if you pass on a popular player and he does bad (marshall for example), you have a huge advantage. i took reggie over the popular ridley pick and that payed off big time for me this week. dont avoid popular players, but don't pick them just because everyone else is.the only mistake i see is the CJ4 pick. not because he scored 4 points but because we have 4 great value plays at rb that week and you passed on 3 of them. morris, ridley, spiller and reggie all had super good matchups for 5.9-6.6kthose guys were must starts. you can't control andre johnson going for 3 points, but you can control obvious plays like those rb's we mentioned.stick with the 50/50 games until you get better at this. you weren't far off from the normal 50-50 league cut off with that team.this week, start m bush vs the rams. no reason for him to not be in every lineup. some will still pass on him and those are the people that will be handing us thier money this week :thumbup:
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been playing the free rolls that only pay out the top spots so I've been trying to pick one guy with big upside that's not going to be frequently rostered. I'd take a different approach if I dip into the 50/50 leagues. Heck, may just copy some of the guys here that know their stuff and profit.

Do you find it more profitable to diversify your lineup or go with QB/WR/TE pairings. I like to diversify in case someone gets held in check but I'm thinking this week if Stafford or Cutler have big weeks against their respective opponents than Marshal and Calvin go off. So do I roll with both or hedge my bets?

Do you find it more profitable to diversify your lineup or go with QB/WR/TE pairings. I like to diversify in case someone gets held in check but I'm thinking this week if Stafford or Cutler have big weeks against their respective opponents than Marshal and Calvin go off. So do I roll with both or hedge my bets?
if all else is equal...diversitfy if you are playing h2h or in the 50/50'spair them up if you are playing in front heavy prize leagues

'shader said:
'BassNBrew said:
'flc735 said:
'BassNBrew said:
Still trying to finish over the 50% in one of these. I'm happy for all you guys who do well in these. I consistantly do well in draft and go leagues, but would pick a wooger out of a bag full of ######s in any contest like this.

post your team
It's really pretty embarrassing....bassnbrew

Drew Brees

NO @ CAR (Final)

Stevan Ridley

NE v ARI (Final)

Chris Johnson

TEN @ SD (Final)

Demaryius Thomas

DEN @ ATL (Pre-game)

Percy Harvin

MIN @ IND (Final)

Brandon Lloyd

NE v ARI (Final)

Jimmy Graham

NO @ CAR (Final)

Garrett Hartley

NO @ CAR (Final)

Oakland Raiders

OAK @ MIA (Final)

Figure Brees would be good for 350 and 3 TDs. Not too bad here. Expected CJ to bounce back...he really is who he was last year. Graham had most of those stats in the first half. I don't think I've ever gotten negative pts from a defense in 20 years of ff.

Now since this isn't a 50/50 contest I did swing for the fences with big play guys Lloyd and Thomas.
CJ is horrible for this type of contest. You need guys who are going to be almost shoo-ins for points, which he is not.Also, when a player is extremely popular one week (as Spiller was this week), if he explodes and you DON'T pick him, you are screwed.

I just looked at one of the 50/50's I won, and I noticed the Spiller was on 9 of the 10 winning rosters.

Hunt around on these threads and see if there is a player showing up on almost everyone's list. If so, it's not a bad idea to include him, unless you strongly feel he will have a bad game.
i don't think that is good advice. you could also say if you pass on a popular player and he does bad (marshall for example), you have a huge advantage. i took reggie over the popular ridley pick and that payed off big time for me this week. dont avoid popular players, but don't pick them just because everyone else is.the only mistake i see is the CJ4 pick. not because he scored 4 points but because we have 4 great value plays at rb that week and you passed on 3 of them. morris, ridley, spiller and reggie all had super good matchups for 5.9-6.6k

those guys were must starts.

you can't control andre johnson going for 3 points, but you can control obvious plays like those rb's we mentioned.

stick with the 50/50 games until you get better at this. you weren't far off from the normal 50-50 league cut off with that team.

this week, start m bush vs the rams. no reason for him to not be in every lineup.

some will still pass on him and those are the people that will be handing us thier money this week :thumbup:
Your advice is contradictory. The point is to be really careful with "popular" players. I'd spend the majority of my team researching those players that seem to be popular.Because if they are popular for good reason, you need to be with the crowd. If the crowd is wrong, it pays to be on the other side.

Bottom line is that things happen. But this seems to be the type of contest that you can win 60-70% of the time if you play it right.

Pairings are risky in 50/50. In the other games, you need to go for high upside and hope you get lucky. Winning the big matchups is all about luck, which is why I don't play them.In 50/50, you diversify and spread out, imo.Unless of course you are super confident in a duo. But then the Stafford/Calvin duo in week 1 against the Rams was pretty ineffective, and probably hurt a ton of people.I personally took Newton/Steve Smith this week in 50/50's, just because Smith was a great deal. It worked out pretty well, although Smith didn't score.

I like the Brees/Graham/Colston Trio this week

Also Romo/Austin/Dez

Cassel/Bowe duo as well

Flacco/Smith is my flier with big upside

I'm sitting in 3rd place in the Fanduel Championship league with Matt Bryant left to play, hoping he scores enough to hold off the guys that still have Julio left and nets me a top 2 finish.

I'm sitting in 3rd place in the Fanduel Championship league with Matt Bryant left to play, hoping he scores enough to hold off the guys that still have Julio left and nets me a top 2 finish.
Awesome man. Best of luck to you. I think it is Roddy's turn tonight for a couple of TD's

'shader said:
'BassNBrew said:
'flc735 said:
'BassNBrew said:

post your team

Drew Brees

NO @ CAR (Final)

Stevan Ridley

NE v ARI (Final)

Chris Johnson

TEN @ SD (Final)

Demaryius Thomas

DEN @ ATL (Pre-game)

Percy Harvin

MIN @ IND (Final)

Brandon Lloyd

NE v ARI (Final)

Jimmy Graham

NO @ CAR (Final)

Garrett Hartley

NO @ CAR (Final)

Oakland Raiders

OAK @ MIA (Final)

Figure Brees would be good for 350 and 3 TDs. Not too bad here. Expected CJ to bounce back...he really is who he was last year. Graham had most of those stats in the first half. I don't think I've ever gotten negative pts from a defense in 20 years of ff.

Now since this isn't a 50/50 contest I did swing for the fences with big play guys Lloyd and Thomas.
CJ is horrible for this type of contest. You need guys who are going to be almost shoo-ins for points, which he is not.Also, when a player is extremely popular one week (as Spiller was this week), if he explodes and you DON'T pick him, you are screwed.

I just looked at one of the 50/50's I won, and I noticed the Spiller was on 9 of the 10 winning rosters.

Hunt around on these threads and see if there is a player showing up on almost everyone's list. If so, it's not a bad idea to include him, unless you strongly feel he will have a bad game.
i don't think that is good advice. you could also say if you pass on a popular player and he does bad (marshall for example), you have a huge advantage. i took reggie over the popular ridley pick and that payed off big time for me this week. dont avoid popular players, but don't pick them just because everyone else is.the only mistake i see is the CJ4 pick. not because he scored 4 points but because we have 4 great value plays at rb that week and you passed on 3 of them. morris, ridley, spiller and reggie all had super good matchups for 5.9-6.6k

you can't control andre johnson going for 3 points, but you can control obvious plays like those rb's we mentioned.

stick with the 50/50 games until you get better at this. you weren't far off from the normal 50-50 league cut off with that team.

this week, start m bush vs the rams. no reason for him to not be in every lineup.

some will still pass on him and those are the people that will be handing us thier money this week :thumbup:
Your advice is contradictory. The point is to be really careful with "popular" players. I'd spend the majority of my team researching those players that seem to be popular.Because if they are popular for good reason, you need to be with the crowd. If the crowd is wrong, it pays to be on the other side.

Bottom line is that things happen. But this seems to be the type of contest that you can win 60-70% of the time if you play it right.
WAT ARE YOU SAYING?if a player does good its better to have him on your team and if a player does bad its better to not have him on your team? is that your point here?

my point is not contradictory. my point is the amount a player is on other rosters should be irrelevant in your decision making. you dont need to be with or against the crowd. you need to do a good job creating the best lineups you can.

m bush at 6k is a great play imo and will most likely going to be in my lineup this week. i could't care less how many other teams are going to use him.

'shader said:
'BassNBrew said:
'flc735 said:
'BassNBrew said:

post your team

Drew Brees

NO @ CAR (Final)

Stevan Ridley

NE v ARI (Final)

Chris Johnson

TEN @ SD (Final)

Demaryius Thomas

DEN @ ATL (Pre-game)

Percy Harvin

MIN @ IND (Final)

Brandon Lloyd

NE v ARI (Final)

Jimmy Graham

NO @ CAR (Final)

Garrett Hartley

NO @ CAR (Final)

Oakland Raiders

OAK @ MIA (Final)

WAT ARE YOU SAYING?if a player does good its better to have him on your team and if a player does bad its better to not have him on your team? is that your point here?

my point is not contradictory. my point is the amount a player is on other rosters should be irrelevant in your decision making. you dont need to be with or against the crowd. you need to do a good job creating the best lineups you can.

m bush at 6k is a great play imo and will most likely going to be in my lineup this week. i could't care less how many other teams are going to use him.
I think everyone is making the same point, just beating around the bush. Ultimately, you have to pick your own team but these boards are very good to sense the general public. That said, there will always be sure plays that hit and sure plays that sink. If you played Spiller and faded DMC, you struck gold. If you played DMC and faded Spiller, you got burned. But in the 50/50's you'll probably see many of the same players rostered since only guys who know what they are doing will be betting money. So you'll see Bush on a lot of teams esp. if Forte is ruled out. Now do you fade him or start him is the ultimate question that each of us will have to answer.

I think everyone is making the same point, just beating around the bush. Ultimately, you have to pick your own team but these boards are very good to sense the general public. That said, there will always be sure plays that hit and sure plays that sink. If you played Spiller and faded DMC, you struck gold. If you played DMC and faded Spiller, you got burned. But in the 50/50's you'll probably see many of the same players rostered since only guys who know what they are doing will be betting money. So you'll see Bush on a lot of teams esp. if Forte is ruled out. Now do you fade him or start him is the ultimate question that each of us will have to answer.
ok, i do agree. its better to play conservative in the 50/50's. i will add 1 more tip that we didn't mention.never ever start vjax in a 50/50

ok, i do agree. its better to play conservative in the 50/50's. i will add 1 more tip that we didn't mention.never ever start vjax in a 50/50
VJax did pretty well last week. I agree in a .5 ppr he isn't usually worth it esp. with this output probably making him too expensive. But yeah 50/50 you don't need to beat everyone so you don't need to fade everyone and you can win without starting Amendola meanwhile in a big league, you probably had to start Spiller, Amendola, and RGIII just to have a chance.

Anybody else feel that if you don't use all your money you should get something out of it? 100 dollars = 1 point?

I had Antonio Brown in one of my lineups this week but had something like 1.5k left. I didn't want to pay more for my RB's as I felt good about Spiller and Ridley. I could of cashed in at QB but didn't feel like the top guys justified the money over Manning. I had Graham at TE so no need to upgrade. I decided to grab Andre Johnson instead which layed an egg.

When I have unused money laying around I feel the need to use. Anyone else feel this way?

Users who are viewing this thread