What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Wk 4 (1 Viewer)

Just put a lineup in for a $1 66k tournament with 1k entries.

QB: Ponder vs. DET ($6,900)

RB: Foster vs. TEN ($9,600)

RB: Benson vs. NO ($6,900)

WR: VJax vs. WAS ($6,300)

WR: Harvin vs. DET ($6,700)

WR: Thomas vs. OAK ($6,300)

TE: Gonzo vs. CAR ($6,000)

K: Crosby vs. NO ($5,400)

D: SEA vs. STL ($5,000)

IMO, Benson and Ponder are huge value plays this week. Several QBs are extremely overpriced (Brees at $9,600; Newton at $8,900?) but there is good value at WR.

Does anyone have a link to the week 4 Footballguys contest yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Early thoughts on guys I like:

QBs

RG3 won me a lot of money the last two weeks. He is getting up there at $8.9. Will likely look elsewhere.

Schaub $7.2

Ponder $6.9

Hill $5.8

RBs

M Bush $6.7

Benson $6.9

Will check the Bills situation as the week progresses. Their line is great.

WRs

Megatron and AJ Green obviously

Harvin $6.7

I will likely spend a lot of my money on WR this week

TEs

Celek $5.4

For a $55k budget

QB - Palmer ($7,200)

RB - Martin ($6,500)

RB - Lynch ($7,600)

WR - S. Smith ($6,500)

WR - Garcon ($5,600)

WR - L. Moore ($5,800)

TE - Witten ($5,200)

K - Hanson ($5,400)

DEF - Giants ($5,200)

'The Duff Man said:

QBs

RG3 won me a lot of money the last two weeks. He is getting up there at $8.9. Will likely look elsewhere.

Schaub $7.2

Ponder $6.9

Hill $5.8

RBs

M Bush $6.7

Benson $6.9

WRs

Harvin $6.7

TEs

Celek $5.4
I think that's whats been killing me. I've been getting decent WR's (Wayne, S. Johnson, etc.) but haven't had any high value studs. I think I need to spend more on WR's going forward.

60k budget..

QB - Ponder @ DET - $6,900

RB - Foster vs. TEN - $9,600

RB - Lynch @ STL - $7,600

WR - Harvin @ DET - $6,700

WR - Decker vs. OAK - $6,100

WR- Maclin vs. NYG - $6,000

TE - V.Davis A NYJ - $6,700

K - dk yet

DST - SEA (@ STL) - $5,000

$400 left over

'The Duff Man said:
Early thoughts on guys I like:QBs RG3 won me a lot of money the last two weeks. He is getting up there at $8.9. Will likely look elsewhere.Schaub $7.2Ponder $6.9Hill $5.8RBsM Bush $6.7Benson $6.9Will check the Bills situation as the week progresses. Their line is great.WRsMegatron and AJ Green obviouslyHarvin $6.7I will likely spend a lot of my money on WR this weekTEsCelek $5.4
My first thought was that RG3 is too expensive this week, but he's playing TB, is the #1 overall player in fantasy and has yet to score fewer than 25 points. I agree that I'll be spending big on WRs this week and small on TEs. If Fred Jackson practices and starts he's pretty much a must have.

Values IMO...

QB - Flacco vs CLE ($6900)

QB - Ponder @ DET ($6900)

QB - Freeman vs WASH ($6700) - he's been horrible, but Washington pass D has been worse

RB - Benson vs NO ($6900)

WR - Harvin @ DET ($6700)

WR - VJax vs WASH ($6300)

WR - Hankerson @ TB ($5000) - assuming Garcon will still be out?

TE - Pitta vs CLE ($5000) - he's still too cheap IMO

TE - Celek @ PHI ($5400)

K - Graham vs TEN ($5000)

DEF - Dallas vs CHI ($5000)

DEF - Seattle @ STL ($5000)

Harvin is stupidly underpriced this week. Benson presents a decent value mostly because all the playable QBs have inflated prices but don't get too excited by him. Running MBush + Benson would be a mistake in my opinion.

I think Megatron becomes a must-start with Shaun Hill at QB. This may be counter-intuitive, but I fully expect that guy to chuck it at CJ whenever he's in doubt. Hill doesn't have the repore with other receivers that Stafford does.

Ravens have to be running on fumes at this point, physically and emotionally. Much like the Giants last week...only worse. These guys are probably hands off for me.

If I do look their way, it may be at Jacoby Jones.

Side note: How the hell did Cleveland get a Primetime game??

I like Dalton ($7600) this week. Two straight games with 300yds and 3tds (1int in each). In those games hes completed more than 70% of his passes. Yeah, it was against CLE and WAS, but CIN is on a roll and I think they continue this week.

Last year @ JAX (his 5th career start) went 21 for 33 for 179, 2tds, 1int. The Jags have been good against the pass this year but bad against the run, so I look for some big play-action plays down the field.

I'm rolling with him in all my games this week.

Harvin is stupidly underpriced this week. Benson presents a decent value mostly because all the playable QBs have inflated prices but don't get too excited by him. Running MBush + Benson would be a mistake in my opinion.I think Megatron becomes a must-start with Shaun Hill at QB. This may be counter-intuitive, but I fully expect that guy to chuck it at CJ whenever he's in doubt. Hill doesn't have the repore with other receivers that Stafford does.
Harvin's value is lower because of Jerome Simpson coming off suspension.

turner at $6,100 vs carolina? quizz played half the snaps this game though. good play or risky?

Harvin is stupidly underpriced this week. Benson presents a decent value mostly because all the playable QBs have inflated prices but don't get too excited by him. Running MBush + Benson would be a mistake in my opinion.I think Megatron becomes a must-start with Shaun Hill at QB. This may be counter-intuitive, but I fully expect that guy to chuck it at CJ whenever he's in doubt. Hill doesn't have the repore with other receivers that Stafford does.
You can say Stafford didn't look for Calvin much in the 1st half of the Titans game (because of the coverage), but he wasn't overly spreading the ball around vs. STL or SF. Pettigrew, for example, was really only featured in one drive vs. STL and didn't get nearly enough looks vs. TEN given how much they fail to cover TEs.

I can see that, but I think Harrison is an upgrade for Ponder, not a downgrade for Harvin (feels like a push). I thought that the prices were generated based on some trailing PPG average with some flooring logic. Is there a human at the helm?

I'm toying with the idea of rolling with Kolb($6k) and being stacked everywhere else. What's the point drop from RG3 to Kolb? Maybe 10 points? I'm confident I can make up more than 10 points at other positions with the $2900 saved.

Packers are gonna come out ANGRY and throwing... I got it bad for Rodgers this week.

Colstons a steal at $5600. If he plays, he is scoring this week, NO QUESTION. Seems like something happens every week that just keeps him from getting into the EZ. He's getting some love this week. :thumbup:

i like schaub this week at 7200...also feeling leshoure and freddie jackson (if he plays)...going with those 3 would allow you to absolutely load up at wr/te.

i'm thinking of going with schaub/leshoure/jackson (again big if there)/megatron/julio/harvin/gronk/hanson/arizona in a $60000

I can see that, but I think Harrison is an upgrade for Ponder, not a downgrade for Harvin (feels like a push). I thought that the prices were generated based on some trailing PPG average with some flooring logic. Is there a human at the helm?
i know at draftstreet, they place a heavy weight on the past 3 games. going into week 2, the prices changed drastically on that site (spiller was the 2nd highest rb in week 2) because they didn't have 3 weeks to go off of. the price change seems to be a lot slower on fanduel. so i guess they put more weight on "original price". i think the only numbers that are human adjusted are injury based. for example, s hill and choice priced at more than $4,500 indicates this.

I know this has been asked before, but I thought I would throw it out there again since we have three weeks to work with now.

Is it better to get in a contest early in the week or Sunday morning? My gut is telling me that Sunday morning is better, but I don't have a lot to go on to back that up. My thinking is that you will have more people picking teams without a lot of research to back up their selections.

Am I over analyzing this? :confused:

I know this has been asked before, but I thought I would throw it out there again since we have three weeks to work with now.Is it better to get in a contest early in the week or Sunday morning? My gut is telling me that Sunday morning is better, but I don't have a lot to go on to back that up. My thinking is that you will have more people picking teams without a lot of research to back up their selections. Am I over analyzing this? :confused:
I think so. Since you can edit the team anytime before the start of the first game I get into the leagues I want before they fill. I just figure if you are going to do research you are going to be prepared no matter what time you get in and if you are not doing research you are likely set and forget anyway no matter what time you sign up.

I know this has been asked before, but I thought I would throw it out there again since we have three weeks to work with now.Is it better to get in a contest early in the week or Sunday morning? My gut is telling me that Sunday morning is better, but I don't have a lot to go on to back that up. My thinking is that you will have more people picking teams without a lot of research to back up their selections. Am I over analyzing this? :confused:
It doesn't matter IMO. I set up my H2H games tonight and tomorrow. The sharks wont typically take other peoples games, so I don't worry much about that. They set up their own games. Even though I lost most of my tourney games, I went something like 8/10 in H2H's. My two losses were to high-rollers that I challenged. :kicksrock: If you are gonna play in those 10-20 team games.. wait until Sat night to enter. Slip in right before the Sunday morning traffic gets to the party and fills up the open spots.

It doesn't matter IMO. I set up my H2H games tonight and tomorrow. The sharks wont typically take other peoples games, so I don't worry much about that. They set up their own games. Even though I lost most of my tourney games, I went something like 8/10 in H2H's. My two losses were to high-rollers that I challenged. :kicksrock: If you are gonna play in those 10-20 team games.. wait until Sat night to enter. Slip in right before the Sunday morning traffic gets to the party and fills up the open spots.
Those are the games I was thinking about when I asked the question....the 50/50, 20 or 50 team contests. I want to enter these contests with the guy putting together his team Sunday morning....not the guy who is entering mid week. To me, it seems like the mid week 50/50 guys are going to be better prepared. For the big contests, it doesn't matter since they take so long to fill up and you can edit your teams.

This week is gonna be fun. Week 4 is when the cream rises to the top IMO. Plenty of data to work with now. Even on the replacement refs. :banned:

Why do I not see the frerolls anywhere on the league entry page?
Can someone explain the freerolls to me? Are they different than the FDP balance I am accumulating?
They are different. Usually free contests (no FDP balance use) that have real $ prizes.From my experience you need to click on a link in an email or on a webpage to be brought to the specific freeroll page. For example, there is a freeroll link on this page: http://rotosynthesis.rotowire.com/RotowireFanDuel-$500-NFL-Week-4-Freeroll-BBD4146.htm

You can enter 1 freeroll per day.

'The Duff Man said:

QBs

Schaub $7.2

Ponder $6.9

Hill $5.8

RBs

M Bush $6.7

Benson $6.9

WRs

Harvin $6.7

TEs

Celek $5.4
I think that's whats been killing me. I've been getting decent WR's (Wayne, S. Johnson, etc.) but haven't had any high value studs. I think I need to spend more on WR's going forward.
I played for the first time ever last week and finished 10th out of 2790 spending big on RBs (A. Foster and MJD). I mention it because I actually started the exact 2 WRs you mentioned, Stevie Johnson and Reggie Wayne, along with AJ Green. Forced me to go cheap at QB (Dalton) and TE (Pitta), but I think it is a bit easier to play matchups with the QB than other positions (though I could be wrong about that and just got lucky). Just seems to me like it is really risky trying to play matchups at RB with lesser talents when you can play matchups with the RB studs and get 2 really top notch guys going against bad defenses.I think I like the general strategy of getting 2 pretty sure things at RB, 1 stud at WR and then trying to play matchups and find bargains at QB/TE.

I'm probably in the minority from reading some of these threads, but I also think it is worth it to pay the little bit extra and get the best D possible. I had the Bears last week even though they were the most expensive. Doesn't make much sense to me to try to go cheap at a position like Defense because there is very little price difference between the best matchups and the worst....maybe I'm missing something on that though.

'The Duff Man said:

QBs

Schaub $7.2

Ponder $6.9

Hill $5.8

RBs

M Bush $6.7

Benson $6.9

WRs

Harvin $6.7

TEs

Celek $5.4
I played for the first time ever last week and finished 10th out of 2790 spending big on RBs (A. Foster and MJD). I mention it because I actually started the exact 2 WRs you mentioned, Stevie Johnson and Reggie Wayne, along with AJ Green. Forced me to go cheap at QB (Dalton) and TE (Pitta), but I think it is a bit easier to play matchups with the QB than other positions (though I could be wrong about that and just got lucky). Just seems to me like it is really risky trying to play matchups at RB with lesser talents when you can play matchups with the RB studs and get 2 really top notch guys going against bad defenses.I think I like the general strategy of getting 2 pretty sure things at RB, 1 stud at WR and then trying to play matchups and find bargains at QB/TE.

I'm probably in the minority from reading some of these threads, but I also think it is worth it to pay the little bit extra and get the best D possible. I had the Bears last week even though they were the most expensive. Doesn't make much sense to me to try to go cheap at a position like Defense because there is very little price difference between the best matchups and the worst....maybe I'm missing something on that though.
After saying I like the idea of going cheap at QB, I ended up going against my own strategy and spent big for Aaron Rodgers. My 1st crack at a 60k lineup for this weekend:Aaron Rodgers- 9,400

Arian Foster- 9,600

Jamaal Charles- 7,800

Jordy Nelson- 6,700

Pierre Garcon- 5,600

Torrey Smith- 5,600

Dennis Pitta- 5,000

Blair Walsh- 5,000

Ravens D- 5,200

I'll have to monitor the news on Garcon, but if healthy he's a nice bargain.

I like the Ravens passing game against the Browns with both Pitta and Torrey Smith looking like nice values. Haden's out still and the Browns CBs are slow and mediocre. I watched live as the Bengals WRs beat them deep all day and they don't have Torrey's speed. Browns are also giving a ton of playing time to some undrafted rookies at LB, so I will continue to roll with Pitta as he is still really cheap for some reason. I also think the Ravens veteran D could make Weeden's life pretty miserable and generate some turnovers and sacks, so I will pay the slight premium to get the great matchup of the Ravens at home against a turnover prone rookie QB.

Went against my cheap QB strategy that I just espoused 15 minutes ago and decided to go with Aaron Rodgers. I think the Packers offense is due for a huge breakout passing game, especially since they will have to score to beat the Saints and the fact that the Saints D looks terrible. Went with Jordy due to that same reasoning. Feels like a 4 TD type of game from Rodgers and I think Jordy will get at least 1 of them and maybe even two.

Even after splurging for Rodgers, was still able to save enough money to get 2 big-time RBs with pretty attractive matchups. Charles at home against a decent SD defense. Should get a ton of touches with Hillis banged up and he looks great. Rolling with A. Foster again even though the cost is steep. He's just such a sure thing for a good day and he also has an upside few can match, with the possibility of a 3 TD type of day not at all unrealistic.

(I also thought some of the guys in the Det-Min matchup were very nice values. Neither of those Ds is very good against the pass and playing indoors on the fast turf in Detroit, I could see guys like Harvin, Rudolph, Ponder, Megatron, Hill/Stafford, etc. all having big days. If I'd have stuck to my cheap QB strategy, Ponder would have been my guy.)

Values IMO...QB - Flacco vs CLE ($6900)QB - Ponder @ DET ($6900)QB - Freeman vs WASH ($6700) - he's been horrible, but Washington pass D has been worseRB - Benson vs NO ($6900)WR - Harvin @ DET ($6700)WR - VJax vs WASH ($6300)WR - Hankerson @ TB ($5000) - assuming Garcon will still be out?TE - Pitta vs CLE ($5000) - he's still too cheap IMOTE - Celek @ PHI ($5400)K - Graham vs TEN ($5000)DEF - Dallas vs CHI ($5000)DEF - Seattle @ STL ($5000)
Just saw this post. Great list. Totally agree with all of it except Benson. I would never start a GB RB if I didn't have to, just way too risky and the multiple TD upside probably isn't there (imo). I think you nailed the passing game bargains with your list of QB/WR/TE. Seattle vs. Stl could be a high upside D play and is a great call. STL's OTs are terrible and Seattle's DEs look great. I generally like a home team for my D, but that is still a nice bargain at 5k.

Im punting on TE this week (PRAYING that maybe Keller can get back).

My first tourney entry $60k

Freeman

Foster

MJD

Mega

AJ Green

Colston

TE

Bryant

Cowboys

Went with Cassel last week and landed in 23rd, 24th, 25th in most of my 50 man 50/50s... only failed to cash in one but made up most of that with a tourney cash.

Has me scared of Freeman this week. Probably splurging on Brees.

I was thinking Freeman but being local to TB I just can't do it. I'm going Dalton for $7600. Not as cheap as Ponder et al, but still way cheaper than the QB studs.

Just saw this post. Great list. Totally agree with all of it except Benson. I would never start a GB RB if I didn't have to, just way too risky and the multiple TD upside probably isn't there (imo). I think you nailed the passing game bargains with your list of QB/WR/TE. Seattle vs. Stl could be a high upside D play and is a great call. STL's OTs are terrible and Seattle's DEs look great. I generally like a home team for my D, but that is still a nice bargain at 5k.
Thanks for the feedback!I'm not big on Ced but after seeing Charles torch them last week I think he could go for 100 and a TD.

Seeing the freeman lineup my first thought was "IT'S A TRAP!" But the more I think about it the more I like it.

Rough draft 60k (no Bal/Cle in freeroll):

Kevin Kolb

Darren Sproles

Cedric Benson

Calvin Johnson

Julio Jones

A.J. Green

Tony Gonzalez

Connor Barth

Arizona Cardinals

Up to 100 bucks now after starting with 25...easy money, even with Spiller's injury last week. Do a search on LHUCKS to see my stats.

Here's my early lean for 55K 50/50 leagues

Flacco - lock city

MJD

Leshoure - lock city

Austin -

T. Smith - lock city

Colston -

Pitta - lock city

Graham

Cards D - lock city

I can be swayed on the others.

My 60k 1st cut.

Matt Ryan

Doug Martin

Darren McFadden

Percy Harvin

Brandon Lloyd

A.J. Green

Tony Gonzalez

Shayne Graham

Houston Texans

Up to 100 bucks now after starting with 25...easy money, even with Spiller's injury last week. Do a search on LHUCKS to see my stats.

Here's my early lean for 55K 50/50 leagues

Flacco - lock city

MJD

Leshoure - lock city

Austin -

T. Smith - lock city

Colston -

Pitta - lock city

Graham

Cards D - lock city

I can be swayed on the others.
I might be using pitta/torrey in my early draftstreet league, but i'm concerned balt will be drubbing cle, and the second half will be all rice.I played both stevie and aj against cle, and while they did ok, it was nothing exceptional.

flacco's a little pricey on ds for my liking.

flacco vs cle last year

10/23 158/0

11/24 132/2

yeah, it's a new year, and all that

what do you think of these cheaper qb options?

ponder @ det - ponder was my sleeper back up qb this year, so I think I'll stick with him -- should be pressure to throw and he adds simpson, but peterson could vulture,

freeman v wash - wash has given up 300/3 every week, and has recently lost carriker and orakpo, not to mention the safety issues, and nickleback, but freeman kind of sux

kolb v mia - mia has a fairly crummy pass d, and should give teh ball back fairly quickly, but kolb kind of sux

think I just talked myself into ponder

Users who are viewing this thread