What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Auctioneer (1 Viewer)

Genester

Footballguy
I am considering using www.fantasyauctioneer.com through MFL for my 16-team auction league. Has anyone here used it? Any positive/ngative feedback and watch outs would be appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!

I am considering using www.fantasyauctioneer.com through MFL for my 16-team auction league. Has anyone here used it? Any positive/ngative feedback and watch outs would be appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used it for the initial draft of a start up dynasty league last year. Make sure everyone in the league downloads the test software well ahead of time to ensure they won't have any technical issues once it's time to draft. IIRC we had some issues getting everyone logged into our draft room, but eventually got it straightened out. I don't remember specifically what the problem was, but it may have had something to do with us drafting just a few days prior to the start of the season.Once everyone was in everything went pretty smoothly and I think everyone liked the service overall.

If you are in a dynasty or keeper league I'm not sure how it would work after the first draft when not every NFL player should be available.

One thing to watch out for that bit me. The players can be listed for putting on the auction block by position, ranking, alphabetically, etc. At the beginning of the draft the sort by ranking is pretty decent and players are about where you'd expect to find them. But as I found out, late in the draft their rankings can differ GREATLY from what you may have on your draft sheet. Once you hit this point it's probably best to go with an alphabetical sort to find the player you're looking for. Our draft was winding down and I went looking for a WR (can't remember who) I wanted to put on the block and likely get for $1. I figured most of the WRs are gone, this guy must be near the top of the remaining WR rankings. When he wasn't where I expected, I started to frantically search through the rankings for him (completely forgetting about the option to alpha sort). Turns out if you don't nominate a player by the time the nomination timer expires, the next highest player in the overall rankings automatically gets nominated by you for $1. When I saw some of the guys in my league later that week they all wanted to know what I heard about Tyrone Wheatley that they didn't hear. I don't think I ever cursed my computer out as much as I did when that happened.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear you. Genester is a long time FBGer that posts rarely. Nive to see evidence he does post .....Now, if we can only get some analytical posts from Genester

I have also used it for the first auction in a couple leagues and it went very smoothly ... but as brewerjoe said, everyone should at least familiarize themselves with the software which is not a big deal as it is easy to use. I also don't know how it would work if have keepers already ... assume you can input players and prices to teams before hand.

Iirc, the problem last year happened when people showed up at the last minute to register for the auction. You can register days in advance. You can test drive the software. As long as everyone was pre-registered things went very smoothly. When someone came along five minutes before the draft, or worse a few minutes after it started, tried to register and jump in, then the problems started. But, I wouldn't worry about that. It's a great place to have an auction, just get everyone registered in advance. :thumbup:

Iirc, the problem last year happened when people showed up at the last minute to register for the auction.  You can register days in advance.  You can test drive the software.  As long as everyone was pre-registered things went very smoothly.  When someone came along five minutes before the draft, or worse a few minutes after it started, tried to register and jump in, then the problems started.  But, I wouldn't worry about that.  It's a great place to have an auction, just get everyone registered in advance.  :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chaos Commish and/or others, any issues with customer support? Quick and helpful or slow and bad?

I tried using it and even though all diagnostics say good, I am experiencing key latencies of 30 seconds to over 3 or 4 minutes?! Suffice to say, that will not work for an auction. Any ideas out there what the issue is? I sent a note to support, but just checking to see if anyone else have ever had such latencies. Issue impacts both chat and bids, if that matters. I would love to use it for my league but this has obviously got to get fixed first.

:wall:

I tried using it and even though all diagnostics say good, I am experiencing key latencies of 30 seconds to over 3 or 4 minutes?!  Suffice to say, that will not work for an auction.  Any ideas out there what the issue is?  I sent a note to support, but just checking to see if anyone else have ever had such latencies.  Issue impacts both chat and bids, if that matters.  I would love to use it for my league but this has obviously got to get fixed first.

Both David Dodds and I have been having the same issues. I've spoken with George over there and he's working on an updated server as well as some other technical mumbo jumbo that should help things stabilize a bit. He said that by the third to fourth week of July all problems should be worked out. I just don't understand how some people are fine with it and others have difficulties. Hopefully, this will be resolved in a week or two but I've been frustrated with it given all the time I spent trying to run through different troubleshooting options.My computer was also actually just locking up to the point that I would have to do a reboot a few times. Other times, I could exit the draft room and then reenter and be able to bid on the current player. As soon as someone won that player, it would lock up again. I was very frustrated to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried using it and even though all diagnostics say good, I am experiencing key latencies of 30 seconds to over 3 or 4 minutes?!  Suffice to say, that will not work for an auction.  Any ideas out there what the issue is?  I sent a note to support, but just checking to see if anyone else have ever had such latencies.  Issue impacts both chat and bids, if that matters.  I would love to use it for my league but this has obviously got to get fixed first.

Both David Dodds and I have been having the same issues. I've spoken with George over there and he's working on an updated server as well as some other technical mumbo jumbo that should help things stabilize a bit. He said that by the third to fourth week of July all problems should be worked out. I just don't understand how some people are fine with it and others have difficulties. Hopefully, this will be resolved in a week or two but I've been frustrated with it given all the time I spent trying to run through different troubleshooting options.My computer was also actually just locking up to the point that I would have to do a reboot a few times. Other times, I could exit the draft room and then reenter and be able to bid on the current player. As soon as someone won that player, it would lock up again. I was very frustrated to say the least.
Reboot .......is that not what IT guys say every time

I tried using it and even though all diagnostics say good, I am experiencing key latencies of 30 seconds to over 3 or 4 minutes?! Suffice to say, that will not work for an auction. Any ideas out there what the issue is? I sent a note to support, but just checking to see if anyone else have ever had such latencies. Issue impacts both chat and bids, if that matters. I would love to use it for my league but this has obviously got to get fixed first.

Rad,I've noticed that you have had some WiFi issues - have you mentioned that to George?

There could be a response time deal that could be the issue. Just a thought.

No idea what David's setup is. Just wondering what the common thread might be.

Rad,I've noticed that you have had some WiFi issues - have you mentioned that to George?

There could be a response time deal that could be the issue. Just a thought.

No idea what David's setup is. Just wondering what the common thread might be.
Just wanted to provide an update to the issue I was having with Fantasy Auctioneer where things I typed appeared minutes later, etc.I managed to diagnose the issue and the cause was my AVAST antivirus software. As soon as I shut it off, the auction worked fine for me. Time to get down to bidnezz.

:yes:

LAfan68

I've used it for two years now. It's by far the best auction tool, when it's working on your computer. The software works, and it works well. However, when people are running anti-virus, spyware, firewall type stuff, or their IE sucks, it can cause huge problems.

Make sure everyone tests it out beforehand. Tell everyone to turn off all other programs that are internet related. (I doubt Excel would hinder performance)

When it works, it's clearly the best. However, with all the different things people have running on their computers, sometimes it gets bogged down and that can really screw up an auction.

One other note: you can roll back the auction, which is great if someone does get booted or locked up. However, your auction will take longer.

I'll be running 2 to 3 auctions using fantasyauctioneer.com this year.

Put me down as :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've used FA since 2004 for new auctions and keeper auctions.

Previous comments about the importance of ALL franchises testing/downloading/mocking prior to your actual auction can not be stressed enough.

I would not recommend it if anyone in your league has dialup.

Make sure ALL franchises have the commish phone# - The FA site allows the commish to pause/rollback, etc the auction in case someone freezes or the auction crashes. I always say to my franchises I will pause the auction if they phonen me immed should they freeze or crash.

GEORGE at FA is excellent at customer support. He has always returned my emails in a timely fashion and strived to address issues as they come up.

George's FA and MFL work well together and b/w George and Mike at MFL they can import your auction results into mfl.com.

I had no troubles setting up keepers prior to the auction last year with their new salaries.

The rosters reflected the keepers and teams total cap was adjusted accordingly.

It's great value for money and no I'm not paid by FA lol.

I have used FA for the last 2 years, I would recommend to use MOZILLA FIREFOX instead of IE. As already stated make sure everybody tests the systems and practice with the controls. Many people have problems because they did not practice how to nominate a player or make a bid.

Also George is very helpful, as a matter fact last year FA had server problems during my auction draft and after apologies they agreed to pay my MFL league fee.

Iirc, the problem last year happened when people showed up at the last minute to register for the auction.  You can register days in advance.  You can test drive the software.  As long as everyone was pre-registered things went very smoothly.  When someone came along five minutes before the draft, or worse a few minutes after it started, tried to register and jump in, then the problems started.  But, I wouldn't worry about that.  It's a great place to have an auction, just get everyone registered in advance.  :thumbup:
Chaos Commish and/or others, any issues with customer support? Quick and helpful or slow and bad?
Yeah we had some problems last year and our commmish was on the horn with them several times. They were responsive and worked it out even though the answers weren't always right the first time. But yeah, CS is there.

Users who are viewing this thread