What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Factor Strategy thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my entry.....Bounty Hunters.....

QB...Peyton Manning-----he'll go after those 300yds, throws for 3 TDs

RB...Deangelo Williams--going against the Bills, don't need any other reason

RB...Frank Gore----------I just think he is rearing to go again

WR...Randy Moss---------TB's corners will be renamed "Burn" and "Toast" after Brady is finished with them

WR...Reggie Wayne------cashes in on "Manning Day" at St Louis

WR...Marques Colston---8 targets for 8 receptions last week against Giants...if Brees looks for him, he'll be "open"

WR...Roddy White--------Cowboys asleep at the saddle when it comes to covering WRs

TE....Dallas Clark---------only way he doesn't get his share is if he is inactive for the game

K......Nate Kaeding--------Chiefs give up lots of points to Kickers

DEF...Eagles---------------the inept Redskins get the Eagles who just lost to OAK, good luck with that...and on MNF...

Here's my entry.....All Sadden Team..... :tinfoilhat:

QB...Tom Brady-----Back in form, Maybe not 6 TDs, but more than 2!

RB...Deangelo Williams-- going against the Bills, and looking gooood

RB...Frank Gore----------Well rested and will explode for one or two long TDs again

WR...Randy Moss---------Brady and Randy back in sync

WR...Wes Welker---------See Moss above

WR...Andre Johnson------arguably the best WR out there

WR...Larry Fitzgerald-----Gets all the love from Warner

TE....Tony Gonzo ---------Top Receiving option and a lot of throwing in this one, Roddy White back to invisible

K......Tynes ---------------Leading kicker all year, no reason to change now

DEF...New Englad---------With an offense on fire, who needs a defense?

Thanks!

waffle house

d brees 3x

d williams 2x

f gore 2x

a johnson

r wayne

v jackson

l fitzgerald

d clark

m stover

packers

Team Name: Philabusters

Brady: vs. TB in London, this guy performs better then anyone on the big stage, and will do even better against TB. x3

Turner: vs. Dallas. He should get good yards and a couple of scores against a lackluster Dallas Def.

D. Williams: vs. Buffalo. Buffalo giving up the yards and scores to RB's. x2

A. Johnson: vs. Like someone said earlier, Houston won't run against SF but they can pass. AJ is the #1 target. Only fear is that Schaub ends up on his back too much.

Moss: vs. TB in London. This combo worked for me last week. Lets see it work again. x2

Colston: vs Miami. Will be good for 100 yds and two scores.

R. Wayne: vs StL. Almost picked Manning, and Wayne will get his share. 100+ and 2 TD

D.Clark: vs. StL. Guess I might ought to pick Manning. Clark leads TE's this week with 100+ and 1 TD

Longwell: New turf in Pitt, and Petersons bad ankle slow down Minn offense in the RZ. Good for 4 FG and a couple of PAT's

Philadelphia: vs. Wash. Titans are on bye this week, so I will pick against the Redskins. Eagles look to prove something after last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeTrow week 7:

Peyton Manning x3: Little more upside with Brady, but I would rather get the safe points with my 3x player.

Frank Gore x2: Texans can be run on, and hopefully Gore is fully healthy.

DeAngelo Williams x2: Panthers will be ahead in this one, and they will want the ball in Delhome's hands as little as possible

Randy Moss: Tampa Bay is toast, hopefully Moss will stay in longer than he did agianst the Titans

Reggie Wayne: Manning will continue his 300 yard/game streak, and Wayne will bennefit

Roddy White: Will be a high scoring affair agianst Dallas, I like his chances at having a big game

Greg Jennings: I keep on thinking he will have his break out game, hopefully it will reward me at some point in time

Dallas Clark: WR numbers out of a TE everyweek

Nick Folk: Hopefully between ATL Defense and Tony Romo on offense Dallas offense will stall a few times and give Folk a chance

NYJ Defense: Russel is one of the worst QBs I've ever seen, hopefully Rex Ryan will blitz him all day causing chaos for the Raiders

LOUD MOUTH PITCHMEN this week.

Peyton Manning vs STL x3 going back to Brady here seemed like chasing the points so I went Manning vs a bad stl team

Frank Gore vs Houston wasnt in love with any of the rb selections obviously since I went with a guy coming off of injury

Steven Jackson vs Indy again not in love with this pick but he is all they have and any chance they have depends on Jackson

Randy Moss vs tb sometimes the London games turn into snoozers so I shyed away from Brady....still went for moss though 2x

Vincent Jackson vs kc Bad team good receiver

Reggie wayne vs STL 2x I learned last week it takes an explosive qb/wr combo to do well in this thing. he is the wr

Roddie White vs dallas White doesnt get the love he deserves and dallas can be passed on

dallas clark vs STL Indy better pass a bunch vs an awful stl team

steven ghostkowsli vs tb hopefully the field in London slows dow the high powered NE offense to 2 Moss td's and 5 Ghoskowski field goals :lmao:

green bay packers vs Cleveland. Clevelands offense is AWFUL. Hopefully some of those passes Anderson is NOT completing to his teammates end up in the hands of the BG secondary

not loving this team this week....truth be told not even LIKING it that much. RB;s were tough.

Team Name: How Ruud...still don't see the free contest, this is my entry for the 10FPP one

QB: (3X) Brees...serving up the Dolphins today..big game in store

RB: (2X) Thomas Jones - an underrated RB with a dream matchup

RB: Ryan Grant - has been underperforming somewhat, and I expect him to turn that around today

WR: A Johnson - STUD, every week start for me

WR: (2X) Randy Moss - Brady is back in form, this is a no-brainer

WR: Reggie Wayne - Umm, sorry St. Louis, Colts are in town

WR: Roddy White - just a hunch on this one...big game potential every week from Roddy

TE: Dallas Clark - again, they're playing the Rams

K: Gostkowski - big points from the Pats

DST: Colts - they're going to DRUM the Rams and Bob Sanders is back

Team Name: GridIron Stars

Week 7

P. Manning x3 - Manning has another huge week against the Rams

D. Williams x2 - DWill runs wild against the Bills

T. Jones - had a good game last year against the Raiders and should repeat that performance again this year

R. Moss x2 - Brady & Moss are starting to get it going.......sweet matchup

R. Wayne - another good matchup......Wayne has a good game

G. Jennings - good matchup and Jennings is due to have a good game

V. Jackson - another good matchup......Jackson keeps emerging as a go to WR

J. Witten - Witten is due to have a good game

S. Gostowski - the Pats should score plenty of points against the Bucs

Packers D - good matchup against the Browns offense

Good Luck guys!!! Anyone can still post by kickoff Sunday.FBguys MB rocks!!
is there no free contest this week, or is it already closed? not seeing it in the list of available games this morning
The $500 contest has always been 10FPP. We give everyone 25 FPP when they create an account.
While that may be true, I think he is referring to the two contests that were completely free during week 6. I think they both rewarded FPP as payouts.Pretty sure I have locked down a spot in the money in my $12 group. Just depends on if I can move up a spot with Philly D. :unsure:

is there no free contest this week, or is it already closed? not seeing it in the list of available games this morning
The $500 contest has always been 10FPP. We give everyone 25 FPP when they create an account.
While that may be true, I think he is referring to the two contests that were completely free during week 6. I think they both rewarded FPP as payouts.Pretty sure I have locked down a spot in the money in my $12 group. Just depends on if I can move up a spot with Philly D. :(
:unsure: :yes:

While that may be true, I think he is referring to the two contests that were completely free during week 6. I think they both rewarded FPP as payouts.Pretty sure I have locked down a spot in the money in my $12 group. Just depends on if I can move up a spot with Philly D. :confused:
We had those for a few weeks as specials and will try new specials all the time. This week we had a 50FPP special with $100 in cash as a special.Being new, we want to grow the customer base fast, but not give away the farm. Going forward, you're going to see most free games reward those that play the most. Free to me is any game that does not take cash to play. We had another special this week (and for next week) where anyone playing a $12 game will get 50 FPP when the game grades. Normally that game gets 10 FPP as every real prize dollar always earns one FPP. The only contest we will have every week for sure is the $500/10FPP contest.BroadwayG is leading the Week 7 $500 contest. HowRuud could cash and is in 18th. Dr Jones is in 23rd. 27 spots pay this week.

Good Luck guys!!! Anyone can still post by kickoff Sunday.

FBguys MB rocks!!
While that may be true, I think he is referring to the two contests that were completely free during week 6. I think they both rewarded FPP as payouts.Pretty sure I have locked down a spot in the money in my $12 group. Just depends on if I can move up a spot with Philly D. :lmao:
We had those for a few weeks as specials and will try new specials all the time. This week we had a 50FPP special with $100 in cash as a special.Being new, we want to grow the customer base fast, but not give away the farm. Going forward, you're going to see most free games reward those that play the most. Free to me is any game that does not take cash to play. We had another special this week (and for next week) where anyone playing a $12 game will get 50 FPP when the game grades. Normally that game gets 10 FPP as every real prize dollar always earns one FPP.

The only contest we will have every week for sure is the $500/10FPP contest.
Absolutely. Hey can you give us a glimpse at to what to expect for the NBA? When do you expect it to start? Week long leagues? Nightly? FPP/cash/free games? Points awarded for different categories as the scoring format?

Thanks for understanding. One of the best things about Fantasy Factor is that we are backed by one of the top sports internet sites in the world. They understand how to grow a business like this because they've done it before.

We're looking to launch the NBA this Friday, however final testing might not be 100% done by then. Nightly games are in Phase I. Week long games will be programmed eventually, along with roto scoring for all games.

RB + AST + STL*2 + BLK*2 - TO + PTS = Hoops scoring with each team selecting 2 PG, 2 SG, 2 C, 2 SF, 2 PF.

Hey guys.... Each week we have had 5 and 10 team minimum leagues...

This week we will be adding 3 team minimum leagues in a winner-take-all format. $6 event will pay $15 or $20 to the winner. There will also be a $24 game paying $60 or $80.

Remember, we guarantee if you create a game, you will get action. So these leagues will be 3-4 people based on out patented randomization of leagues.

Example... 7 teams would yield a league of three and a league of four.

22 teams would yield (6)@3 and (1)@4.

Good Luck tonight!

every real prize dollar always earns one FPP.
Hey John. I cashed 3rd place in the $12 league I entered. My FPP went from 12 to 62 (the bonus 50 for entering this contest) this morning, but the account did not increase the 17 or 18 FPP it should have per your statement I've quoted. Am I not understanding it correctly or should it have been added in?

Hey John. I cashed 3rd place in the $12 league I entered. My FPP went from 12 to 62 (the bonus 50 for entering this contest) this morning, but the account did not increase the 17 or 18 FPP it should have per your statement I've quoted. Am I not understanding it correctly or should it have been added in?
Hi, I just checked... you rec'd 50 for the $12 game... The FPP's are based on entry fees, not prize winnings. What I meant in my statement is that the FPP's earned are based on the amount of the entry fee that goes to the prizes, and not our fee for running the games.

Congrats BroadwayG on the number one spot, nice work! I missed the money this week but hey, it's a brand new week.
Major congrats to BroadwayG!!! Two FBguys MB winners in 7 weeks.... Not bad since you guys here total about 5% of our customers so far!The #2 team had the PHIL D/ST and was behind by 0.25 until the last WASH TD gave BroadwayG a 3.25 final cushion.I've deposited your $25 in free play!!I also see you've requested your check.... So like I keep saying... Win Monday, request check Tuesday, spend it Friday... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi, I just checked... you rec'd 50 for the $12 game... The FPP's are based on entry fees, not prize winnings. What I meant in my statement is that the FPP's earned are based on the amount of the entry fee that goes to the prizes, and not our fee for running the games.
OK I guess I misunderstood. I still don't really get what you are saying...but it's all good if everything is right.

OK I guess I misunderstood. I still don't really get what you are saying...but it's all good if everything is right.
LOL.. Those FPP's can be confusing at times. When you entered the $2.40 game two weeks ago, we gave you 2 FPP's for playing because $2 of your entry fee went to the prize fund. In the $12 game this week, you would normally get 10 FPP as $10 goes to the prize fund. basically, we can't award FPP's on our game fees. The FPP program is basically a rewards program. Think of it as a 1.5% rebate, because that's exactly what it is. We want to reward those that play the most. The $12 games last week and THIS WEEK are rewarding 50 FPP's, instead of the normal 10.

Major congrats to BroadwayG!!!
:lmao: Thanks J-Z!Just testing out the process. The whole sending a copy of a bill and ID was kind of weird and unexpected, especially for the small amounts. I suppose it's a good insurance policy against people that try to work the system with multiple accounts.This is proof that even a blind pig can eat a nutty squirrel every once in a while.

BroadwayG said:
Major congrats to BroadwayG!!!
:confused: Thanks J-Z!Just testing out the process. The whole sending a copy of a bill and ID was kind of weird and unexpected, especially for the small amounts. I suppose it's a good insurance policy against people that try to work the system with multiple accounts.This is proof that even a blind pig can eat a nutty squirrel every once in a while.
Sucks that is this day and age we have to put you through this. Glad it's only once. Our investor has has one of the top sports sites on the net and knows more about internet CC fraud that probably any one. We have to put this in place to protect both you and us. I would suggest never playing in any daily game that is only two people in it. The fraud meter goes way up there.Besides preventing owner collusion, the other main reason we "randomize" our fixed teams leagues is to prevent CC fraud.I think it's very cool you were the only one that picked Carson Palmer and your 3x on him was the difference maker. I just submitted a blog to the Web team and you're in it for Week 7. It should be on the web site soon. We've been so busy getting hockey and hoops together, that our own blogs/MB has taken a back seat for a bit.

LOL.. Those FPP's can be confusing at times. When you entered the $2.40 game two weeks ago, we gave you 2 FPP's for playing because $2 of your entry fee went to the prize fund. In the $12 game this week, you would normally get 10 FPP as $10 goes to the prize fund. basically, we can't award FPP's on our game fees. The FPP program is basically a rewards program. Think of it as a 1.5% rebate, because that's exactly what it is. We want to reward those that play the most. The $12 games last week and THIS WEEK are rewarding 50 FPP's, instead of the normal 10.
I get it now. :bag:

I've never seen this thread before and i definitely want to try this thing out. I just signed up and not sure what i do next...do i just post my team here?

I've never seen this thread before and i definitely want to try this thing out. I just signed up and not sure what i do next...do i just post my team here?
Welcome!! Post your team for Week 8!!! Top team posted in this thread will earn $25 on FREE PLAY on top of any prizes you might also win in the $500 contest.

Week 8 Entry

:bag: IRISH SLAP CHOP :sarcasm:

QB - Peyton Manning 3x - Well San Francisco has proved not to be as great as we thought they were at least defensively, the colts should get the stomping boots on and PM should put up the Points as hopefully the 49'ers keep it close and make them score.

RB - Steven Jackson - The man puts up yards every game week in and week out, he finally plays a team that is on his level in both regards, he has to score a TD... it will probably be this week. If he had a TD last week I would have doubled him up this week. But, alas he did not.

RB - Maurice Jones-Drew 2x - I mean he is playing the TITANS. He is a great versatile threat, I think he is a lock for 100 yards, and 1 TD this week. I am hoping for more of course!

WR - Reggie Wayne 2x - If you have to think Peyton is going to throw 3-4 TD's 1 or 2 have to be Reggie Wayne, I used this logic last week and got sort of burned on these two, but I'll ride this out this week and hope it does better.

WR - Marques Colston - Brees versus Atlanta looks pretty tasty as well, but I just don't trust Atlanta these days, one week they play good, the next they are terrible... Division game... Ughh I just want 80 yards and a TD and I think Colston does that.

WR - Mike Sims-Walker - The TITANS, I am pretty sure he had a good day last time they played(91 yards 2TD's), and he is a pinnacle of consistency when he plays, constantly getting receptions and with a basement of around 8 points, you just have to take him versus a soft match-up.

WR - Miles Austin - I am on the bandwagon with this guy, maybe he starts to see double coverage? Anyway, he plays Seattle for whom I have no respect for.

TE - Owen Daniels - He is playing Buffalo this week and he has had 2 big weeks in a row, riding the hot hand myself if he can cash me 18 points again I'll be happy.

K - Nate Kaeding - TBH I just looked at the Rankings for this, Kaeding kicked a ton of points last week against KC, so why not against Oakland?

D/ST - San Diego Chargers - Good balance of defense, sacks, interceptions, possible kick off returns? I thought of taking Denver, but I just can't see them(BAL) letting Eddie Royal with Cheese running 2 Back...

Heading out for the weekend, so here goes...

Bobcat10s

QB - Peyton Manning 3x - Flipped a coin

RB - Steven Jackson 2x - Gonna go for multiple tds this week

RB - Maurice Jones Drew 2x - Eight TDs should increase vs Titans

WR - Andre Johnson - Wanted to either play Wayne/Owen or AJ/Clark, took the latter

WR - Marques Colston - Saints might put up a few points

WR - Larry Fitzgerald - I like Arizona when they play at home

WR - Roddy White - Should need to throw alot vs Saints

TE - Dallas Clark - My hookup this week for Manning

K - Nate Kaeding - Chargers should move the ball

D - San Diego - Chargers should stop the ball

Week 8 - skipping the QB-WR combo for the first time

QB - K Warner x3 - Cardinals have zero threat of a running game facing a weak Carolina team at home

RB - S Jackson x2 - I'm guessing the Rams/Lions will either put up under 20 points or over 60. Neither has a passing game worth anything.

RB - K Smith x2 - See S Jackson

WR - M Colston - Was worried at the beginning of the season about targets to go around. Not any more.

WR - D Driver - Until Jennings makes a breakout appearance, Driver remains a good play

WR - M Sims-Walker - Titans horrendous pass D hasn't gotten any better

WR - R White - Expecting the Falcons to have to play catchup

TE - A Gates - SD pass offense seems to be running well

K - N Kaeding - Easy matchup against Oakland

D - Bears - How bad can the Browns be? We might find out again.

Average Joes

QB - Warner x2 - against the grain

RB - MJD - on my personal team

RB - Sjax x3 - biggest RB game of the week

WR - Fitz x2 - main target vs a bad carolina team

WR - Colston - on my personal team

WR - AJ - what injury?

WR - Sims-Walker - on my personal team

TE - Clark - Wayne rests, Clark keeps playing

K - Kaeding - oakland has been "bend but don't break" lately, should get a couple FG's

DST - Bears - I'm from chicago and they finally have a good matchup.

NBA - Average Joes

PG - Paul

PG - Rose

SG - Bryant x3

SG - Wade

PF - Bosh

PF - Stoudamire

SF - King James x2

SF - Pierce

C - Howard x2

C - Okafor

:thumbup:

The NBA scoring is putting points on then taking points off, then putting points on and taking points off.. and just 1 player I noticed, Pierce has 22 pts but is only showing 5. Another is Howard with 19 rebounds, showing 12. He hasn't been updated since just after halftime and the 3rd quarter just ended.

Is it just being slow or are there some errors?

The NBA scoring is putting points on then taking points off, then putting points on and taking points off.. and just 1 player I noticed, Pierce has 22 pts but is only showing 5. Another is Howard with 19 rebounds, showing 12. He hasn't been updated since just after halftime and the 3rd quarter just ended.Is it just being slow or are there some errors?
Day 1 of live scoring... They are working on these items... It's pretty complex managing all this data in real time, and in all my years, I've never seen a perfect live stats on Day 1..

The NBA scoring is putting points on then taking points off, then putting points on and taking points off.. and just 1 player I noticed, Pierce has 22 pts but is only showing 5. Another is Howard with 19 rebounds, showing 12. He hasn't been updated since just after halftime and the 3rd quarter just ended.Is it just being slow or are there some errors?
Day 1 of live scoring... They are working on these items... It's pretty complex managing all this data in real time, and in all my years, I've never seen a perfect live stats on Day 1..
Yeah that's what I figured. But, all the games that are over are currently correct. There seems to be a lot more to account for in NBA fantasy games. This is the first one I tried.

Team: Waiverwire

Rivers (3X) - It's easy scoring points against a high school team.

Peterson (2X)- He's great and the top RBs mostly have so-so matchups.

S. Jackson - Actually, his matchup his pretty good.

V. Jackson (2X) - See Rivers

Fitzgerald - Seems like he's quietly heating up.

A. Johnson - Seems healthy enough and has good matchup.

Colston - NO scores regardless of matchup.

D. Clark - Even better if Wayne is limited.

Crosby - Honestly, I'm just guessing when it comes to kickers.

Denver - Don't allow points, get plenty of sacks.

My first week of this. Probably trying for too many homeruns, but all or nothing teams are fun. (any points for last place)

Manual Stimulation

Gerrard X2.... Tenn D is still banged up. He is no TB, but 250 and 3TD is not out of the question here. I just like the upside against a very weak secondary.

Rice.. I think Bal tries to control the game at home and run the ball. Denver is a good D, but I think Rice gets his 100 and a score.

Turner X3.... Probably could get a lot of heat for this, but I expect a huge game from MT this week. I see Atl trying to keep Brees off the field and that means running the ball. NO defense was torched by Miami's run game last week. Granted, Miami has a better run game, but I think MT is versatile enough, and they are going to try and get the ball in his hands... a lot... I pray.

Colston... Best reciever on the best offense..

A. Johnson... Best reciever in the NFL arguably. Hou still has something to prove IMO, they will dominate.

T.J. wherehasyourmommabeen... playing a hunch

Larry Fitz.... they play carolina... I mean... its Carolina

Gates... Seriously gates against Oakland is golden.

Longwell... he's a kicker. and he kicks.

Chicago D. They are going to try and prove something against a weak Cle team. They are at home, which may or may not help them, but I like to play Defenses when they are at home. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

My first week of this. Probably trying for too many homeruns, but all or nothing teams are fun. (any points for last place)

Manual Stimulation

Gerrard X2.... Tenn D is still banged up. He is no TB, but 250 and 3TD is not out of the question here. I just like the upside against a very weak secondary.

Rice.. I think Bal tries to control the game at home and run the ball. Denver is a good D, but I think Rice gets his 100 and a score.

Turner X3.... Probably could get a lot of heat for this, but I expect a huge game from MT this week. I see Atl trying to keep Brees off the field and that means running the ball. NO defense was torched by Miami's run game last week. Granted, Miami has a better run game, but I think MT is versatile enough, and they are going to try and get the ball in his hands... a lot... I pray.

Colston... Best reciever on the best offense..

A. Johnson... Best reciever in the NFL arguably. Hou still has something to prove IMO, they will dominate.

T.J. wherehasyourmommabeen... playing a hunch

Larry Fitz.... they play carolina... I mean... its Carolina

Gates... Seriously gates against Oakland is golden.

Longwell... he's a kicker. and he kicks.

Chicago D. They are going to try and prove something against a weak Cle team. They are at home, which may or may not help them, but I like to play Defenses when they are at home. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Good luck Caesar! Welcome aboard... Hope you're right on Turner, I have him on several teams..

I forgot to post my week 8 squad, but have renewed interest since I am sitting at #16 with two players to go tonight....

Rodgers x3

S. Jackson

MJD x 2

Roddy White

Fitzgerald

Colston

V. Jackson

O. Daniels

N. Kaeding

Chargers D

You guys sucked this week LOL :shrug:

Bobcat10's finished 46th to win the bonus $25 in free play with a score of 230.25

Top score was 274.40.. The team that finished 2nd rallied from 142nd place Monday night.....

Get those Week 9 teams posted here by kickoff for another bonus $25!!!

You guys sucked this week LOL :blackdot: Bobcat10's finished 46th to win the bonus $25 in free play with a score of 230.25Top score was 274.40.. The team that finished 2nd rallied from 142nd place Monday night.....Get those Week 9 teams posted here by kickoff for another bonus $25!!!
Hey John. I had 251.25 and finished top 10!Project Mayhem, listed above....

You guys sucked this week LOL :rolleyes: Bobcat10's finished 46th to win the bonus $25 in free play with a score of 230.25Top score was 274.40.. The team that finished 2nd rallied from 142nd place Monday night.....Get those Week 9 teams posted here by kickoff for another bonus $25!!!
Hey John. I had 251.25 and finished top 10!Project Mayhem, listed above....
You have to post before kickoff Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread