What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Football in Hawaii? (1 Viewer)

Grits_Blitz

Footballguy
Does it suck? Early games start at 7 in the morning. Inactives come out at 5:30 AM. How tough for you guys is it out there? How much sleep do you get?

I love it. Moved to Maui two years ago.

It keeps me from getting into to too much trouble on Saturday night as I wake up at 5:30am on Sunday mornings. Friends/Family (Ohana) get together for beer & breakfast and/or a lunch feast after day games preparing for 2:30 kickoff of Sunday night game. A long day of football is over by 5:30 giving you enough time to take in a beautiful sunset with feet in the sand. I am usually in bed by 9PM on Sundays and a lot more spry on Monday mornings.

Also waivers that run "late" run in the evening here so I can easily poach the FCFS players, which can be a major advantage. It's also nice having the primtime games over with by the time I leave the office where I can still watch. Across all sports I have realized that day games (Primetime in ET) are amazing and free up your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having to get up early to watch football is way better than having to stay up late and not getting enough sleep and having to go to work exhausted on Monday and Tuesday.

I'm actually on vacation in Italy right now and these poor saps can really only watch the 1pm games. The 4pm games don't start until 10 pm here. No wonder all of Europe doesn't care about American football. They can't watch it even if they wanted to.

The only thing that kind of "sucks" about it is that the windows to negotiate trades are kind of limited unless I cut into work (which I'd never do :ph34r: )

Its great, you get up early and BAM football starts, no waiting around all day outthinking yourself by making last second pickups/benchings that screw you over. Keeps you from going too crazy saturday night and the sun is still up by the time its all over. The talking heads #####ing about the lions/falcons london game made me laugh, its only bad on monday and thursday games if you work a 9-5 and cant watch/listen to your team play.

This weekend the games will be starting at 8am instead of 7 so its not as bad for the late risers, we dont change our clocks out here. I know guys on the mainland that get up at 4am to to go hunting but think early morning football would be horrible. Its all relative, i get a lot more done on sundays and they are more enjoyable since im not pounding beers at 6am like i would be at noon when i lived on the mainland then going to bed drunk at midnight. Out here the night game is over and there time to take the woman and the dog to the beach for a walk, do some grocery shopping then maybe catch a movie after.

I was on the Big Island last year, staying at a B&B in Kona, and woke up to our hosts--a former Cowboys cheerleader and her husband!--yelling "GO DEZ! TOUCHDOWN!" at 8 in the morning. Glorious.

I am originally from Hawaii and ever since I started watching football at age 10 it became routine to get up at 6am for the NFL pregame show on CBS with Musberger, Cross and Phyllis and the Greek and then slide right into the Cowboys or 49ers game, second game at 10am, then off to the beach by 1:30-2:00. I thought this was normal? :shrug:

Having to get up early to watch football is way better than having to stay up late and not getting enough sleep and having to go to work exhausted on Monday and Tuesday.

I'm actually on vacation in Italy right now and these poor saps can really only watch the 1pm games. The 4pm games don't start until 10 pm here. No wonder all of Europe doesn't care about American football. They can't watch it even if they wanted to.
For all the NFL does in the name of expansion into Europe, they don't do themselves any favors starting the Super Bowl after midnight CET.

I am in Australia and i dvr Redzone which starts at 230m monday morning.

Get up at 6am as some of the later games are starting and off to work at 9am.

I was on the Big Island last year, staying at a B&B in Kona, and woke up to our hosts--a former Cowboys cheerleader and her husband!--yelling "GO DEZ! TOUCHDOWN!" at 8 in the morning. Glorious.
Having a former Cowboys cheerleader "wake you up" on vacation is a story that needs more air time. Feel free to share pics with us all.

And then you have all night to bask in the glory of your fantasy victory! But then Monday Night football starts at what....2:30 in the afternoon? lol

I was just in Kuala Lumpur for work and it was very wierd sleeping through the first round of games and only getting to watch Sunday and Monday night football, which started at 9:30 AM over here.

Minny Defense is pretty good, Teddy adds a spark to the Vikings QB position they haven't had since Culpepper. Give him another offseason and a fresh AP next season and they'll be a competitive team next season.

Users who are viewing this thread