What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy relief pitcher value? (1 Viewer)

ctdub

Footballguy
In a 5*5 roto league where pitchers categories are wins, k's, era, whip, saves. Pitching staff has to have have min 1000 innings max 2000. In espn's predraft rankings the have Kimbrel ranked 63, ahead of starting pitchers like James Shields, Yovani Gallardo, Cj Wilson.... Does that sound right? I would think in this format that starting pitching would be "a lot" more valuable than relief pitching. Where should one start to look to draft an RP on the roster? Start 9 pitchers, makes no difference if it's sp or rp.

In a 5*5 roto league where pitchers categories are wins, k's, era, whip, saves. Pitching staff has to have have min 1000 innings max 2000. In espn's predraft rankings the have Kimbrel ranked 63, ahead of starting pitchers like James Shields, Yovani Gallardo, Cj Wilson.... Does that sound right? I would think in this format that starting pitching would be "a lot" more valuable than relief pitching. Where should one start to look to draft an RP on the roster? Start 9 pitchers, makes no difference if it's sp or rp.
How many teams?The high Max IP limit diminishes the value of RPs a bit but you still need closers to compete in SV. #63 seems high to me but then again I don't think I've ever been the first person to draft or put in a high bid on a closer.

12 teams. I think it's high too. Just unsure of value of IP vs saves when IP isn't a statistical category rather a qualifier.

I think you need at least two closers in a 12 team league to compete in SV. But I think your league rules diminish the other categories for RP so I wouldn't overpay. Kimbrel's 100+ Ks are less valuable the more IP you add.

I think you need at least two closers in a 12 team league to compete in SV. But I think your league rules diminish the other categories for RP so I wouldn't overpay. Kimbrel's 100+ Ks are less valuable the more IP you add.
Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread