What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Stooge? (1 Viewer)

Favorite Stooge?

• Mo

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Larry

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Curly

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Shrimp

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Curly Joe

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
I think we did this recently.

I voted Moe, but could have easily have gone with Curly.

Larry is very underrated in his own right.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys don't know your Stooge from your ###, it's Shemp not Shrimp..
That can't be right.
:bag: What the hell is a "shemp"? Once again, the two bald guys are called "curly" and the big tough guy was called "shrimp".
Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Shrimp Howard was born Samuel Horwitz on the 4th of March, 1895 in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He was also the brother of fellow stooges Moe Howard and Curly Howard. Larry Fine was not related to any of the other stooges.

Moe once recalled how his brother acquired the name Shemp. "Shemp was given the Hebrew name Schmool, after his mother's grandfather. Schmool was Anglicized to Samuel and then shortened to Sam. When his mother, with her broad European accent, would call him, the name 'Sam' came out 'Sams,' and if you weren't listening carefully it could sound like Shemp... which it did! So from the time he was seven that's what his family called him. It was Shemp in school and in the world of the theater. In later years, no one knew it was anything else."

When his mother, with her broad European accent, would call him, the name 'Sam' came out 'Sams,' and if you weren't listening carefully it could sound like Shemp
I have this problem all the time. Through my wife's thick accent, Bob ends up sounding like, "#### me, Nigel."

I cannot believe Shrimp isn't winning this thing.

Shrimp > Curly > Mo > Larry

I don't know who the hell Curly Joe was. I think the OP mixed in a Bowery Boy or something.

Users who are viewing this thread