What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favre had Ankle Surgery (1 Viewer)

Deuceman

Footballguy
Per Mort.............On ESPN Sportscenter

Puts him on schedule for training camp

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get too excited Vikings fans, he's got to do this in case the Southern Miss baseball team goes to the College World Series. Since I'm sure that deal he made wasn't meaningless or disingenous, I can only assume that's why he had the surgury. You know...just in case. :lmao:

Rice and Harvin owners rejoice around the world.

I'm curious why he waited until late May to do this though. I can only conclude that he really wasn't 100% sure he wanted to come back. Otherwise, why not have the surgery months ago to ensure he's ready instead of putting part of Training Camp at risk?

Rice and Harvin owners rejoice around the world. I'm curious why he waited until late May to do this though. I can only conclude that he really wasn't 100% sure he wanted to come back. Otherwise, why not have the surgery months ago to ensure he's ready instead of putting part of Training Camp at risk?
He doesn't want to go to training camp. he doesn't need it, the team doesn't need it. this is good excuse.

Rice and Harvin owners rejoice around the world. I'm curious why he waited until late May to do this though. I can only conclude that he really wasn't 100% sure he wanted to come back. Otherwise, why not have the surgery months ago to ensure he's ready instead of putting part of Training Camp at risk?
He doesn't want to go to training camp. he doesn't need it, the team doesn't need it. this is good excuse.
Pretty much. He's not going to camp. I wish they would just say 'Brett is coming back, he ain't coming to camp' but then you have a problem with every Vet.

:P

The funny thing is that we as fantasy owners usually dread when a player has had surgery. It's funny to see how EXCITED many owners are that Favre had surgery simply because it means he's coming back. I can't remember the last time having surgery like this has been viewed as such a tremendous positive thing.

The funny thing is that we as fantasy owners usually dread when a player has had surgery. It's funny to see how EXCITED many owners are that Favre had surgery simply because it means he's coming back. I can't remember the last time having surgery like this has been viewed as such a tremendous positive thing.
Favre with 50% of an ankle is better for Rice and Harvin than a 100% healthy Tarvaris Jackson.

The last time was last year after his shoulder surgery and he finished the year as the best QB in the NFCN.

Don't get too excited Vikings fans, he's got to do this in case the Southern Miss baseball team goes to the College World Series. Since I'm sure that deal he made wasn't meaningless or disingenous, I can only assume that's why he had the surgury. You know...just in case. :lmao:
:confused: How long have you been following Favre?

He had the surgery because he is planning to play next season. He made the bet because he knows he is playing. He is not annoucing his return because he doesn't want to go to the OTAs.

Pretty much. He's not going to camp. I wish they would just say 'Brett is coming back, he ain't coming to camp' but then you have a problem with every Vet.
Only the ones that don't want to win. Any that are interested in a SB run understand that they can't do it with a hack like t-Joke.

Only the ones that don't want to win. Any that are interested in a SB run understand that they can't do it with a hack like t-Joke.
not to mention some of the main ones including Jared Allen have already said they dont care if Brett comes in 5 minutes before game one, just as long as he comes back they dont care...

Don't get too excited Vikings fans, he's got to do this in case the Southern Miss baseball team goes to the College World Series. Since I'm sure that deal he made wasn't meaningless or disingenous, I can only assume that's why he had the surgury. You know...just in case. :thumbup:
:bag: How long have you been following Favre?

He had the surgery because he is planning to play next season. He made the bet because he knows he is playing. He is not annoucing his return because he doesn't want to go to the OTAs.
Whatever do you mean? Brett Favre made a "bet" with this young baseball team and I'm certain a man like Favre with his impecable reputation for honesty and integrity will honor that bet. They win, he plays. They don't, he doesn't. Seems simple enough. :bag:

Don't get too excited Vikings fans, he's got to do this in case the Southern Miss baseball team goes to the College World Series. Since I'm sure that deal he made wasn't meaningless or disingenous, I can only assume that's why he had the surgury. You know...just in case. :thumbup:
:lol: How long have you been following Favre?

Whatever do you mean? Brett Favre made a "bet" with this young baseball team and I'm certain a man like Favre with his impecable reputation for honesty and integrity will honor that bet. They win, he plays. They don't, he doesn't. Seems simple enough. ;)
Come on...you people should know better by now.He never said that if they did not make it...that he would not play.

Only that if they did...he would play.

He left it open either way.

I'm tired of FBGs (Joe) referring to the Favre situation as if it's some sort of huge mystery... like noone could possibly know what he might do... like it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unpredictable what he might decide... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... we have about 5 years of evidence or whatever to gauge his mindset.... all this "your guess is as good as mine" BS... come on!

How could anyone possibly predict anything but a Favre comeback? How is this unpredictable... he comes back EVERY year... is it really a mystery to anybody? Is there any precedent of him making a contrary decision?.... no... until Favre explicitly states that he'll never be back no matter what, project him for 16 games unconditionally.

Seriously.... "your guess is as good as mine"?

Is that the FBG prediction of the sun coming up tomorrow? FFS!

ETA: LOL.... Clearly I'm a bitter Packer fan. Nevermind me.

I'm tired of FBGs (Joe) referring to the Favre situation as if it's some sort of huge mystery... like noone could possibly know what he might do... like it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unpredictable what he might decide... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... we have about 5 years of evidence or whatever to gauge his mindset.... all this "your guess is as good as mine" BS... come on! How could anyone possibly predict anything but a Favre comeback? How is this unpredictable... he comes back EVERY year... is it really a mystery to anybody? Is there any precedent of him making a contrary decision?.... no... until Favre explicitly states that he'll never be back no matter what, project him for 16 games unconditionally. Seriously.... "your guess is as good as mine"? Is that the FBG prediction of the sun coming up tomorrow? FFS!
Lmao at the sun analogy.

Don't get too excited Vikings fans, he's got to do this in case the Southern Miss baseball team goes to the College World Series. Since I'm sure that deal he made wasn't meaningless or disingenous, I can only assume that's why he had the surgury. You know...just in case. :unsure:
:lol: How long have you been following Favre?

Whatever do you mean? Brett Favre made a "bet" with this young baseball team and I'm certain a man like Favre with his impecable reputation for honesty and integrity will honor that bet. They win, he plays. They don't, he doesn't. Seems simple enough. :shrug:
Come on...you people should know better by now.He never said that if they did not make it...that he would not play.

Only that if they did...he would play.

He left it open either way.
He called it a "bet". You make it, I play. Not much of a bet if "you don't make, I still play". That makes no sense. If he's going to play either way, what was the point of the bet? I'll flip this coin. It's it's heads, you win. If it's tails...well you still probably win. :bag: Just stop already. You're going to play. Everybody knows you're going to play. Your head coach has already given you permission publically to do as much or as little work in the offseason as you please. Stop with the games and just say your coming back. :lmao:

He called it a "bet". You make it, I play. Not much of a bet if "you don't make, I still play". That makes no sense. If he's going to play either way, what was the point of the bet? I'll flip this coin. It's it's heads, you win. If it's tails...well you still probably win. :mellow: Just stop already. You're going to play. Everybody knows you're going to play. Your head coach has already given you permission publically to do as much or as little work in the offseason as you please. Stop with the games and just say your coming back. :unsure:
I disagree on the "bet"...just reminded me more of "the rookie"...made the bet with the kids that he would try out...never said that if they did not win, that he would not still try out.Point of the bet seemed obvious...to say that if they made it he would come back...sort of a cool motivation. Though, not sure how many 20 year old kids at Southern Miss are motivated by a 40 year old QB who played at Southern Miss either before they were born or right around the time they were born.

I see absolutely no reason he should "declare" anything right now.

No reason he should be in OTAs either.

He SHOULD see how his ankle is after surgey. Obviously, he PLANS to return is everything goes as planned.

I believe players with that kind of salary should be in training camp Day 1 and along with coaching stafff determine work load.

Every day he missed of TC decreases their chance of winning the SB, his stated goal.

I see absolutely no reason he should "declare" anything right now.

No reason he should be in OTAs either.

He SHOULD see how his ankle is after surgey. Obviously, he PLANS to return is everything goes as planned.

I believe players with that kind of salary should be in training camp Day 1 and along with coaching stafff determine work load.

Every day he missed of TC decreases their chance of winning the SB, his stated goal.
Having a hard time visualising the 2011 off-season headlines - If Only Brett Favre had Participated in Training Camp.

No, because it is the norm with well-established veterans these days.

But is true nonetheless. Rather than allowing or rewarding them from being absent, should provide enough incentive for them to be there. Favre needs to throw to WRs and attend meetings.

Maybe I am wrong, but does Peyton skip TC?

It has to do with leadership if nothing else.

I'm tired of FBGs (Joe) referring to the Favre situation as if it's some sort of huge mystery... like noone could possibly know what he might do... like it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unpredictable what he might decide... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... we have about 5 years of evidence or whatever to gauge his mindset.... all this "your guess is as good as mine" BS... come on!

How could anyone possibly predict anything but a Favre comeback? How is this unpredictable... he comes back EVERY year... is it really a mystery to anybody? Is there any precedent of him making a contrary decision?.... no... until Favre explicitly states that he'll never be back no matter what, project him for 16 games unconditionally.

Seriously.... "your guess is as good as mine"?

Is that the FBG prediction of the sun coming up tomorrow? FFS!

ETA: LOL.... Clearly I'm a bitter Packer fan. Nevermind me.
Favre started hinting about retirement in 2002.

not to mention some of the main ones including Jared Allen have already said they dont care if Brett comes in 5 minutes before game one, just as long as he comes back they dont care...
I more meant guys who don't want to do TC - older vets who might rather skip. Not guys having an issue with Favre coming back or not late. With Favre everyone knows the score.

Users who are viewing this thread