What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed (2 Viewers)

By_the_sea_wannabe was a great shark pool poster, often participated in survivor drafts, and a valued member of the Footballguys IBL team. Passed away four years ago and I can’t believe it has been that long.

Thankful for his contributions and friendship.
Colon cancer, battled it for quite awhile.

December of 2019 he was battling for the IBL championship in the final week which is no small feat. ARob dropped a passed in the last drive of Sunday Nite football with seconds left in the game that would have won him the title. He missed the excitement because staying up was difficult due to treatment. Was hoping he'd get a chance for redemption the following year but he passed during the draft. Went out doing what he loved.

• 3rd & 8 at KC 36​

(0:17 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete deep left to A.Robinson.
  • 4th & 8 at KC 36​

(0:06 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete short right to A.Robinson [A.Brown].

By_the_sea_wannabe was a great shark pool poster, often participated in survivor drafts, and a valued member of the Footballguys IBL team. Passed away four years ago and I can’t believe it has been that long.

Thankful for his contributions and friendship.
Colon cancer, battled it for quite awhile.

December of 2019 he was battling for the IBL championship in the final week which is no small feat. ARob dropped a passed in the last drive of Sunday Nite football with seconds left in the game that would have won him the title. He missed the excitement because staying up was difficult due to treatment. Was hoping he'd get a chance for redemption the following year but he passed during the draft. Went out doing what he loved.

• 3rd & 8 at KC 36​

(0:17 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete deep left to A.Robinson.
  • 4th & 8 at KC 36​

(0:06 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete short right to A.Robinson [A.Brown].
Thanks @BassNBrew - such a great detail to share.

First - Sorry to bump this after months. I'm not adding anyone new. Though it might be just as sad.

It might be too late now (as Joe likely has enough on his plate), but IMO it would be great to keep an updated list of fallen comrades (and family members) in the original post.

Thanks. If someone wants to be the appointed person to make and update a list, that would be great.

They can tag me in their post and whenever they do an update.
Don't think I can be the "appointed person", but I've taken a loving shot at the first pass for such a list. From posts in this thread and an earlier effort from @comfortably numb I gathered the below. I pray I didn't ignore anyone other than being indecisive in including @bueno - I ultimately chose to hope. I tried to find appropriate threads and include them when I could. The earlier thread had maybe a half dozen pruned links that I would have loved to include, but unfortunately, they now go nowhere (including one for an even earlier effort to construct this list). Finally, I have checked and re-checked and re-checked but I'm sure I messed up somewhere, please forgive me when you find that mistake that stings.

:frown:

In any case @Joe Bryant hopefully the below (or better yet a copy with a few more pieces of info filled in an/or any corrections or other improvements) can simply be cut and paste to the top of this thread.

kestrelDannyOld Yeller DaysSource: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Afro SamuraiEarly 2009Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
shining pathCharlie5/25/2009Source: Charlie "Shining Path" Bosworth, RIP
Dulymus Mudhounds2010Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Saints-ManRalph12/28/2011Source: GM's thread about nothing | Page 1228

FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Sea Bass2/2012Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters | Page 2
enfuego2012?Source: FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed

UPDATE: So I think I may have lung cancer
dprugbyDavidJuly 2013Source: GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing | Page 126
guderian11/2013 ??Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Finless11/8/2014Source: Rehab - About to check myself in | Page 5
gandalasLate 2014Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters | Page 2
The Regulator1/11/2015Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Tremendous UpsideSean2/2/2015Source: FBG loses its Tremendous Upside: RIP friend | Page 3
SoCalBroncoFanGary2019Source: RIP SoCalBroncoFan
by_the_sea_wannabe
9/16/2020Source: FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed | Page 3

Man of Constant SorrowTom1/11/2021Source: Man of Constant Sorrow has passed away
Bcdjr1Bruce3/15/2021Source: bcdjr1 has passed

WikkidpissahDale6/30/2022Source:
RIP Wikkidpissah

***The Official Wikkidpissah Irish Wake Thread***
randall146
Olin7/18/2022Source: randall's ALS diary | Page 10
FatMaxSeth1/17/2024Source: ______ Passed Away Today, RIP | Page 141

Obituary for FatMax

Unfortunately, I believe someone who knows bueno confirmed it. Thanks for putting the list together.
I'll be away most of the rest of the day, but I'll sadly add "save the carrots for the deer"* later.

*This was a reply to a long-ago political post about the virtues of the carrot vs the stick in setting policy.

With bueno added :(

kestrelDannyOld YellerSource: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Afro SamuraiEarly 2009Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
shining pathCharlie5/25/2009Source: Charlie "Shining Path" Bosworth, RIP
Dulymus Mudhounds2010Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Saints-ManRalph12/28/2011Source: GM's thread about nothing | Page 1228

FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Sea Bass2/2012Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters | Page 2
enfuego2012?Source: FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed

UPDATE: So I think I may have lung cancer
dprugbyDavidJuly 2013Source: GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing | Page 126
guderian11/2013 ??Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Finless11/8/2014Source: Rehab - About to check myself in | Page 5
gandalasLate 2014Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters | Page 2
The Regulator1/11/2015Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Tremendous UpsideSean2/2/2015Source: FBG loses its Tremendous Upside: RIP friend | Page 3
SoCalBroncoFanGary2019Source: RIP SoCalBroncoFan
by_the_sea_wannabe
9/16/2020Source: FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed | Page 3

Man of Constant SorrowTom1/11/2021Source: Man of Constant Sorrow has passed away
Bcdjr1Bruce3/15/2021Source: bcdjr1 has passed

WikkidpissahDale6/30/2022Source:
RIP Wikkidpissah

***The Official Wikkidpissah Irish Wake Thread***
randall146
Olin7/18/2022Source: randall's ALS diary | Page 10
FatMaxSeth1/17/2024Source: ______ Passed Away Today, RIP | Page 141

Obituary for FatMax
buenoSource: FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed

Users who are viewing this thread