What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (5 Viewers)

3.65 The Houston Texans selct TJ Tampa CB Iowa State
Tampa provides quality size and athleticism for the position and, most importantly, plugs a hole opposite cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. With the departure of veteran cornerback Steven Nelson, an upgrade over offseason acquisition Jeff Okudah is necessary to keep up with the potent attacks of the AFC offenses.

He has the upside to develop into a key player within an NFL secondary, leveraging his height, weight, and speed matchup strengths in coverage to become a dominant player.

Last edited:
Tampa provides quality size and athleticism for the position and, most importantly, plugs a hole opposite cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. With the departure of veteran cornerback Steven Nelson, an upgrade over offseason acquisition Jeff Okudah is necessary to keep up with the potent attacks of the AFC offenses.

He has the upside to develop into a key player within an NFL secondary, leveraging his height, weight, and speed matchup strengths in coverage to become a dominant player.
Great pick, I think he's for sure worth a mid 2nd round pick

Dolphins pick at 3.66 coming up. Miami's dline to start the season will be the worst in the league, with Philips and Chubb likeky out, plus no Wilkins or Davis. Considering between 2 DTs, Ruke Orhorhoro and Maason Smith, and edge Jonah Ellis, son of Lion great Luther Ellis who was a probowler. Beat writer Barry Jackson says don't be surprised if Miami picks a WR early, but I doubt it. Malachi Corley would be in the conversation.

Thinking out loud and Miami has no picks left until the 5th round, so I guess it's cool to do this. Jonah would be a situational pass rusher to start, while Ruke and Maason could play all 3 downs. Ruke seems to have more upside, only started playing football as a junior in high school. Jonah will turn 21 next week, but he's on the small side. Thoughts?

Grinding the OL, Harbaugh style, with another cornerstone player...

With the 63rd pick of the 2024 Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select:

2.63 - Christian Haynes - OG, Univ of Connecticut

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY​

Christian Haynes has proven himself as a durable and dependable guard throughout his time at UConn, showcasing a blend of technical skill and football IQ that sets him apart. His ability to consistently start and perform at a high level, even against the backdrop of a challenging collegiate program, speaks volumes about his readiness for the NFL. With solid pass protection skills and a knack for run blocking, Haynes' transition to professional football looks promising, especially for teams emphasizing a zone-blocking scheme.

Despite some concerns regarding his quickness and versatility against the diverse and dynamic defensive fronts in the NFL, Haynes' foundational skills and mental sharpness suggest he can adapt and overcome.

Looking ahead, Haynes is positioned to make an early impact in the NFL. His work ethic, demonstrated by his consecutive starts and all-American honors, underlines his commitment to improvement and consistency. While further development will be needed Haynes' collegiate career provides a solid foundation for his potential success at the pro level.

Thank you. I didn't have time to post an extended reasoning for my pick at the time.

Haynes was near top among a small group of players I was looking at for the Raiders original pick at 44. I knew that was a reach for most of them, so I decided to roll the dice and move down to see if one or more of them would be available at 63. Fortunately Haynes remained.

I'd be stoked to see the Raiders address their OLine this way this year. As I said in the Fuaga pick post, I am no OL scout, so I can only rely on the assessments and words of others, but with both these two OL, I kept reading about how dominant they were rush blocking, how more than effective they were pass blocking, how mean and nasty they are in general, and how they are both leaders. Sounds exactly how coach AP is trying to build the Raiders, especially at the foundations of OL/DL.

RAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYDERRRRRRRRRS!!!!

ETA: and long arms. Need that reach (pundamental) to continue being mean and nasty at G/T in the NFL.

If Keon Coleman hadn't fallen to me at 61, I would've had to sort through my short list of 5 players to figure out who to draft there.

Those 5 players were drafted with picks 62-66.

(Though somewhat less surprising given how much I relied on consensus rankings to create my short list)

Big time steal in my opinion. I'm not sure he's not as good as Kool-Aid, just from a lesser program.

I'm open to trading down from 73. Looking to add a 5th or something (whatever's fair depending on how much of a trade-down), or maybe move up from 99 or 122 if that fits.

Sitting here in downtown St Pete, just left Angelo’s for a late night slice and a Maker’s Mark
Catching up on all these picks and players left on the board.

Miami got sniped again, wanted the DT taken away in front of us, same tune 1st Rd, eye opening experience

Washington Commanders
3.67 -- RB Jonathan Brooks, Texas

Greetings from the island of Maui, where Harjiran is currently basking in the sun and surf with his spring breaking teens. Thanks in advance for your patience - I will try to keep up with what's happening in this awesome thread despite the obvious distractions. With the selection of running back Jonathan Brooks, the Commanders continue to overhaul an offense that has underwhelmed its fans for many years. Brooks tore his ACL in November, hence the third round grade, but his recovery is reportedly going well and he could add some sizzle to Washington's RB corps of JAGs once he recovers. He projects as a three -down back with size, speed, strength and receiving ability - I could be wrong of course but I think he's a steal at the top of round three.

Thru 67 picks

QB
1 - 1) Caleb Williams
2 - 2) Drake Maye
3 - 3) Jayden Daniels
4 - 5) JJ McCarthy
5 - 12) Bo Nix
6 - 13) Michael Penix Jr.

RB
1 - 67) Jonathan Brooks

WR
1 - 4) Marvin Harrison
2 - 6) Malik Nabers
3 - 9) Rome Odunze
4 - 27) Brian Thomas Jr.
5 - 28) Adonai Mitchell
6 - 32) Ladd McConkey
7 - 39) Troy Franklin
8 - 44) Xavier Worthy
9 - 45) Xavier Legette
10 - 51) Roman Wilson
11 - 61) Keon Coleman

TE
1 - 11) Brock Bowers
2 - 40) Ben Sinnott
3 - 59) Ja’Tavion Sanders

OL
1 - 7) Joe Alt
2 - 10) Taliese Fuaga
3 - 14) Olu Fashanu
4 - 20) JC Latham
5 - 21) Troy Fautanu
6 - 24) Jackson Powers Johnson
7 - 25) Amarius Mims
8 - 30) Tyler Guyton
9 - 34) Jordan Morgan
10 - 35) Graham Barton
11 - 36) Kingsley Suamataia
12 - 37) Zach Frazier
13 - 49) Patrick Paul
14 - 56) Cooper Beebe
15 - 60) Kiran Amegadjie
16 - 63) Christian Haynes

LB
1 - 38) Payton Wilson
2 - 50) Junior Colson
3 - 55) Edgerrin Cooper

Edge
1 - 15) Dallas Turner
2 - 16) Jared Verse
3 - 23) Laiatu Latu
4 - 26) Chop Robinson
5 - 33) Chris Braswell
6 - 48) Darius Robinson
7 - 52) Bralen Trice
8 - 62) Adissa Isaac
9 - 64) Marshawn Kneeland

DL
1 - 18) Jer'Zhan Newton
2 - 19) Byron Murphy II
3 - 42) T'Vondre Sweat
4 - 43) Kris Jenkins
5 - 54) Braden Fiske
6 - 58) Michael Hall
7 - 66) Ruke Orhorhoro

CB
1 - 8) Cooper DeJean
2 - 17) Quinyon Mitchell
3 - 22) Terrion Arnold
4 - 29) Kool Aid Mckinstry
5 - 31) Nate Wiggins
6 - 41) Max Melton
7 - 46) Kamari Lassiter
8 - 47) Ennis Rakestraw Jr.
9 - 65) TJ Tampa

S
1 - 53) Tyler Nubin
2 - 57) Kamren Kinchens

Washington Commanders
3.67 -- RB Jonathan Brooks, Texas

Greetings from the island of Maui, where Harjiran is currently basking in the sun and surf with his spring breaking teens. Thanks in advance for your patience - I will try to keep up with what's happening in this awesome thread despite the obvious distractions. With the selection of running back Jonathan Brooks, the Commanders continue to overhaul an offense that has underwhelmed its fans for many years. Brooks tore his ACL in November, hence the third round grade, but his recovery is reportedly going well and he could add some sizzle to Washington's RB corps of JAGs once he recovers. He projects as a three -down back with size, speed, strength and receiving ability - I could be wrong of course but I think he's a steal at the top of round three.
While I like the pick of Brooks, in what universe is Austin Ekeler considered a JAG?

What's nice about the attached highlights clip is that you can see TJ's evolution (body weight and muscle mass) evolve from 2020 thru 2023 while his athleticism remains constant or improving. Guys who are 6'6" are not supposed to have his agility. Given NE's blocking needs and what was left in the WR pool, it was easy to put the card in for this guy...so don't spit on him please :shades:

Theo Johnson 4 year highlights

Sitting here in downtown St Pete, just left Angelo’s for a late night slice and a Maker’s Mark
Catching up on all these picks and players left on the board.

Miami got sniped again, wanted the DT taken away in front of us, same tune 1st Rd, eye opening experience
One of the biggest positional dropoffs in the draft is DT after Murphy and Newton. TE after Bowers is the biggest dropoff.

If Miami wants Newton or Murphy, they may have to trade-up. Otherwise, a trade down to get another pick might be the best plan.

Texans are looking to trade up from 86.
Texans have picks…
Problem is we all know we're only doing 3 rounds.
I get it but it’s still fun to trade. There was talk earlier of going longer but not sure where that is at.

@RC94 has done a great job keeping this current. I wouldn't be nearly as fast, and I'd probably make a mistake here and there, but I'd like to see 5/6 rounds. I agree with Zado, this is a better mock than most. I think one dude working the whole thing out has its strengths, especially someone as tuned in as travdogg, but this 30+ man effort is more interesting in several ways. Mostly we get to see it unfold, rather than the whole thing at once.

So, on a condition, I'll offer to takeover updating this if enough of you want to keep moving. The condition is... I'd like Easter/Elite 8 weekend off. I'm in Vegas for a big family thing. I'll drive home early Monday morning. See how far we get today then pause for the resurrection bunny and basketball? Kick off the 2nd half Monday morning?

Also if a few of you want to bail, a few of us can takeover a 2nd or 3rd franchise. The guy who wanted Cleveland can have them, etc. Whatever works.

Texans have picks…
I get it but it’s still fun to trade. There was talk earlier of going longer but not sure where that is at.

@RC94 has done a great job keeping this current. I wouldn't be nearly as fast, and I'd probably make a mistake here and there, but I'd like to see 5/6 rounds. I agree with Zado, this is a better mock than most. I think one dude working the whole thing out has its strengths, especially someone as tuned in as travdogg, but this 30+ man effort is more interesting in several ways. Mostly we get to see it unfold, rather than the whole thing at once.

So, on a condition, I'll offer to takeover updating this if enough of you want to keep moving. The condition is... I'd like Easter/Elite 8 weekend off. I'm in Vegas for a big family thing. I'll drive home early Monday morning. See how far we get today then pause for the resurrection bunny and basketball? Kick off the 2nd half Monday morning?

Also if a few of you want to bail, a few of us can takeover a 2nd or 3rd franchise. The guy who wanted Cleveland can have them, etc. Whatever works.
I'd keep drafting if you or someone else took over keeping track of everything.

Los Angeles Chargers
3.69 RB Trey Benson

After watching TJ Tampa and Christian Haynes (our two primary third round targets) go just a few picks before, and after giving some positional considerations to need at OL and CB, I concluded we couldn't pass up on taking a player 20 spots higher on our big board than any other player remaining. I recognize some may accuse us of handling this draft as if I were some day-job schmuck drafting this team on a fantasy football website because our three picks are probably giving every fantasy football nerd out there sheer delight, but we'll take that criticism when we can grab our top RB in the draft. Benson has a real chance of replacing and emulating Austin Ekeler and giving us elite talent at all offensive skill positions. Again, we are committed to Herbert and giving him the best playmakers to succeed. Benson provides an immediate lightning boost to Edwards' thunder and rounds out our offense. We do having glaring holes on both lines and in the secondary which will have to be addressed, but I don't see any other team who was able to compile more talent in these first three rounds than us.

Last edited:
Texans have picks…

I'm happy to keep drafting and I also have weekend plans so I'm all for continuing and hitting the pause button over the weekend.

These RBs going sooooo late just seems like stealing. Benson is a really good player.
I was honestly looking for reasons not to take Benson (I think the Chargers' needs are more at CB and OL) but the value was just screaming at me with Benson. I had him projected to go twenty+ picks sooner.

NY Giants select 3.70 - QB. Spencer Rattler, South Carolina

The Giants are interested in him in real life, from what I've heard. I think he's a very good developemental QB at this point in the draft and IMO, the Giants have to come away with a good developmental QB by day 2 in this draft. QB is the #1 need for this team. As I've said before, I have no confidence in Jones and want to see them find his successor in this draft.

The Giants are interested in him in real life, from what I've heard. I think he's a very good developemental QB at this point in the draft and IMO, the Giants have to come away with a good developmental QB by day 2 in this draft. QB is the #1 need for this team. As I've said before, I have no confidence in Jones and want to see them find his successor in this draft.
Totally sensible pick here IMO. About where he probably should go and it's a reasonable pick for a team with serious questions at the most important position.

Perfect pick for the Giants. He can sit for a year and then they can ditch Jones and that awful contract. I honestly believe he makes it in the league. I just love guys who have everything handed to them, lose it, and then have the fortitude to come back from that adversity. He's grown up a lot in 3 years.

Perfect pick for the Giants. He can sit for a year and then they can ditch Jones and that awful contract. I honestly believe he makes it in the league. I just love guys who have everything handed to them, lose it, and then have the fortitude to come back from that adversity. He's grown up a lot in 3 years.
Exactly what I was thinking.

If I were a GM, my general philosophy on drafting would be to take a swing at a developmental QB almost every year if you don't have your long-term starter in place. Even if it's a late round pick, you should always be looking for the long-term starter. If you have a good developmental QB in place but need another year to develop, then you don't necessarily have to draft one. It would be the same for o-line. I would almost always take at least 1 o-lineman in the draft. It seems like every team in the league needs to upgrade it's o-line and I've always been a believer of building from the trenches out.

@ZWK is up for the Bears (unless there was a trade)

Then it's Uruk-Hai at 2.62 who actually has given his preferences to me and @LawFitz via PM, so one of us will make that pick.

Go ahead and make the pick for Uruk-Hai. Since I am picking just behind him, and might be looking at similar options, it's probably better that you do it to avoid any thought of conflict of interest. When I PM'd him to offer to make his pick, I thought he would give me some names, not full control of his war room, lol. I can do it if you aren't able, tho, just LMK.
I will do it shortly. I do have to look through the potential candidates a little bit...
I'm sorry, guys. I was caught up in work stuff at the time we chatted, then had to be off-line. I had fully intended to leave a list of players, but got ambushed. I appreciate your help.

Going forward, I'm probably out after RD 3, but can be an advisor for Baltimore if need be and the draft continues. If there are any volunteers to take over, maybe we can converse on RD 3 as kind of a hand-off.

Then it's Uruk-Hai at 2.62 who actually has given his preferences to me and @LawFitz via PM, so one of us will make that pick.

Go ahead and make the pick for Uruk-Hai. Since I am picking just behind him, and might be looking at similar options, it's probably better that you do it to avoid any thought of conflict of interest. When I PM'd him to offer to make his pick, I thought he would give me some names, not full control of his war room, lol. I can do it if you aren't able, tho, just LMK.
I will do it shortly. I do have to look through the potential candidates a little bit...
I'm sorry, guys. I was caught up in work stuff at the time we chatted, then had to be off-line. I had fully intended to leave a list of players, but got ambushed. I appreciate your help.

Going forward, I'm probably out after RD 3, but can be an advisor for Baltimore if need be and the draft continues. If there are any volunteers to take over, maybe we can converse on RD 3 as kind of a hand-off.
No worries. I do think that I would have taken TJ Tampa, though, if I had realized that he was actually still available.

i debated far too long with this pick. Mostly debating taking the guy I think has the best future and plays a “sexy” position vs others who fill needs but might not be as good.
Finally I decided Burks isn’t sufficient reason to keep us from drafting a new slot receiver who has among the best hands in the class, ran well at the combine (4.41 40) and had the third-highest vertical leap among WRs (42-inches). His 9.78 relative athletic score (RAS) is one of the best scores of all time. He also boasts a 98th-percentile burst score and a 99th-percentile catch radius score. From a pure athleticism perspective, he has so many traits NFL teams look for and is a good route runner.

3.71 the Tennessee Titans draft Ricky Pearsall, Florida WR.

No worries. I do think that I would have taken TJ Tampa, though, if I had realized that he was actually still available.
I thought he had been picked, too. I actually had his bio up and was hoping he'd drop to my #2

I thought he had been picked, too. I actually had his bio up and was hoping he'd drop to my #2

Tampa was on my short list along with Haynes at 44 b/c outside CB is a need right now on the Raiders roster (and obviously a priority NFL position in general). They were then the two I was most deciding between at 63. Ultimately went with Haynes b/c Tampa looks a tad slow to me (for an a NFL CB); and my eyes were reinforced by at least one scouting analysis I read which spoke of the same concern and pointed out that much of his ball production was last second reach-ins to create PBUs using his length, which won't be as readily available to him against much faster and twitchier NFL WRs who will create more separation. Decided to go with BPA over bigger need and more valuable position.

No worries at all. Totally get it, and all good. And I like the Adisa pick you ended up with. He seems like the type of guy the Ravens would then mold into a beast Edge within a year or two.

Users who are viewing this thread