What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG needs an article addressing differences btwn mobile & desktop (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruffrodys05

IBL Representative
Enough is enough. There are so many people (customers) that are confused about which applications do this or that. The MAIN ISSUE/PROBLEM is that NO STAFF MEMBERS are responding to questions in the Desktop Applications Forum (other than Simon Shepherd) and the Website Questions Forum. Simon is responding to questions in the Mobile Apps Forum but, there seems to be an inordinate amount of questions that involve confusion between the Mobile DD and the Desktop DD.

No offense to Simon Shepherd but, he is a relatively new staffer (2nd year?) and his expertise lies on the mobile end of the scale, not the desktop end. Why doesn't Bruce Henderson answer questions in the Desktop Forum? Why doesn't Keith Overton respond to questions in the Website Forum?

Lets take a look at what FBG provides their customers, with regards to their fantasy football applications, mobile and desktop....(at least what I know (perceive) about them....)

FBG Mobile App - This app is basically a mobile version of the subscription website. Hasn't been upgraded in at least a year. Still waiting on that. You need to be a main website subscriber (an Insider Pro subscription) for this app to be useful.

FBG Mobile Magazine App - This app is stand alone and separate from (and not included in) the Insider Pro subscription services. Do not need to be a subscriber to use this app.

FBG Mobile Draft Dominator App - This app is a stand alone mobile draft dominator that is separate from (and not included in) the Insider Pro subscription services. Do not need to be a subscriber to use this app.

FBG Desktop Draft Dominator App - This app is included in the Insider Pro subscription and is the grand daddy of all fantasy football drafting programs. There is a distinct difference between this desktop app and the mobile app by the same name. Many, many, many people are very confused as to which application they should be using and why.

FBG Desktop Lineup Dominator App - This app is included in the Insider Pro subscription and is available for use after week 1 of the regular season. Still haven't figured out why it can't be available for week 1.

FBG Desktop Projections Dominator App - This app is included in the Insider Pro subscription and is available for use during the preseason as folks get ready for their fantasy drafts.

All these apps are great if used properly. There is major confusion amongst your customers right now as to which is which and what is what. Searching and posting in these forums for answers is just beyond ridiculous. It's nearly impossible to get an answer that actually explains everything. Reminding folks that these message boards are FREE and not part of the Insider Pro subscription would help too, as I see posts that indicate confusion with regards to that too.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....write an article (soon, not later) that helps your customer base make informed decisions as to what's what and why one app should be used over another and what the differences are (Mobile DD vs. Desktop DD, Mobile Website vs. Mobile Mag.) An article that is FREE, so those that do not have a subscription can still access it and make an informed decision whether to spend money on a subscription or just the stand-alone apps, or both.

This needs to be addressed as soon as possible as training camps are kicking into high gear and the massive amount of info that FBG provides is going to flood the site.

My opinion. I'm positive I am not alone in feeling this way.

Rody

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I was clear....it's here because no staffers respond in the other forums. At least here maybe Dodds or Bryant will see it.

Thanks. Ac CGRDrJoe said, this isn't for the Shark Pool. An email is always the much faster way to contact David or myself. I'll ask Bruce to see if he can help with your questions in the Desktop Applications forum. Sorry to have been slow there.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread