What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Staff vs Message Board's Best (1 Viewer)

Fro's Dream Team would be:azgroverpiratetommyGunzGeneral Malaisegatormantop dogMr PicklesGridbaggerjplvrmen-in-cleatsFatMaxThis is soley expressed on the pure enteratinment value of the contestants. All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but nnot limited fantasy football knowledge. WTYM:fro:
You mean this jplvr?2.14 Onterrio Smith3.01 Stacey Mack
:CLEARSCREEN:seriously, damn coffee...

We have "early exit" RIL, now, too.I wouldn't say y'all mopped up Aaron considering he made the final 5, and it was the DRAFT that was tough, the play was the luck of the way the year went. I can't recall another draft I was involved in where the talent level simply eroded in 24 picks - one minute I'm looking at a nice three- receiver rotation, the next minute my best option is Todd Piinkston in the 7th round!
How could I have forgotten Mr. Dowling...chalk another one up.Aaron drafted just fine, but if you finish behind me...you will be reminded.As for the level of expertise in that draft, I have never seen or been a part of such a tight draft...good thing I got Santana Moss late :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fro's Dream Team would be:

azgrover

pirate

tommyGunz

General Malaise

gatorman

top dog

Mr Pickles

Grid

bagger

jplvr

men-in-cleats

FatMax

This is soley expressed on the pure enteratinment value of the contestants. All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but nnot limited fantasy football knowledge. WTYM

:fro:
You mean this jplvr?2.14 Onterrio Smith

3.01 Stacey Mack
YesThis is soley expressed on the pure entertainment value of the contestants. All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but not limited fantasy football knowledge.

Interesting Read here.

I would definitely interested in the active humiliation of the Staff :D , and, would be able to help Unlucky (my pick for Captain) with MBSL history, such as MBSL History (although the full 2003 results need to be done also.) very relevant to this type of contest. :thumbup:

FYI: I REALLY HAVEN'T RECEIVED AN INVITATION
Do I know this? Yeah, I pretty much know your modus operandi. However, not everyone hear knows this. It's sort of like herding a flock of cats across the plains. Its what I do.

FYI: I REALLY HAVEN'T RECEIVED AN INVITATION
Do I know this? Yeah, I pretty much know your modus operandi. However, not everyone hear knows this. It's sort of like herding a flock of cats across the plains. Its what I do.
That's as interesting a definition of teacher as any.

Fro's Dream Team would be:azgroverpiratetommyGunzGeneral Malaisegatormantop dogMr PicklesGridbaggerjplvrmen-in-cleatsFatMaxThis is soley expressed on the pure enteratinment value of the contestants. All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but nnot limited fantasy football knowledge. WTYM:fro:
Half of that team was the core of the Russian Bride Draft which brought weeks of endless entertainment to the FFA and caused a flood of copy cats.If they can find talent 10 rounds deep in that draft, they would clean house on the FBGs. :rotflmao:

azgrover

pirate

tommyGunz

General Malaise

gatorman

top dog

Mr Pickles

Grid

bagger

jplvr

men-in-cleats

FatMax

This is soley expressed on the pure enteratinment value of the contestants.  All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but nnot limited fantasy football knowledge.  WTYM

3.01 Stacey Mack
YesThis is soley expressed on the pure entertainment value of the contestants. All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but not limited fantasy football knowledge including but not limited fantasy football knowledge.
Still having trouble with this.

Interesting Read here. I would definitely interested in the active humiliation of the Staff :D , and, would be able to help Unlucky (my pick for Captain) with MBSL history, such as MBSL History (although the full 2003 results need to be done also.) very relevant to this type of contest. :thumbup:
I'm still bitter about Owens not playing the last two weeks of 2002. That championship should have been mine.

i have received e-mails and pm's from the mods, but i don't think they're invites.f'in mods :cX:
Have you finished that book report on "**** and Jane Act Rebellious On Mom's Computer" yet?

agreedwe'd destroy all comers. it's my lead pipe lock of the next 5 minutes.

Great idea!Too many good posters, hard to pick a captain. I'm gonna nominate SINRMANHe drafted 112 teams last year and I'd venture to say nobody drafts more. Sometimes I rag him for this (beacuse you CAN'T manage 112 teams!), but I still hope he'll remember those who called his name.I'd personally LOVE to play - I think I draft 'outside the box' enough to make some waves.SINRMAN for CAPTAIN
Thanks Shadow Master.I'd have to decline the Captain spot though. Too tough to decide on who's in and who's not. :P I'd actually agree that Unlucky is the perfect choice for Captain. His Greeks leagues are top notch and he probably does have the most experience against members on this board. Though being in 112 leagues last year, I played against quite a few myself. ;)

azgrover

pirate

tommyGunz

General Malaise

gatorman

top dog

Mr Pickles

Grid

bagger

jplvr

men-in-cleats

FatMax

This is soley expressed on the pure enteratinment value of the contestants.  All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but nnot limited fantasy football knowledge.   WTYM

3.01 Stacey Mack
YesThis is soley expressed on the pure entertainment value of the contestants. All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but not limited fantasy football knowledge including but not limited fantasy football knowledge.
Still having trouble with this.
Sorry This is soley expressed on the pure entertainment value of the contestants. All the above mentioned bring something to the table including but not limited to fantasy football knowledge.

I`d like to be in this too. I`m one of the board members who lives overseas ( Japan) and frequents the board. Don`t forget the foreign contingent when choosing the member board side.

Note: Word from the boss is that no one has been invited/selected to participate yet.

Fishermen, please pack up your gear and head back to your detainment facility (Free For All).

The boss will announce any official decisions. All other reports should be considered BS.
:rotflmao: how many PMs did you get asking if zippy was really selected.

,S

Fantasy football is like 60% luck anyway. Y'all are acting like this is a test of manhood or something.
I'd say about 12 out of 12 in a league would say its 90/10 skill now. But by December, 11 of those 12 will switch to 90/10 luck.

Here is an Idea, not sure if it could work, but i would like to see it happen:

12 Staff vs 12 Highly Touted MB vs 12 MB that normaly would not be given a shot

Instead of two leagues with 6 each there could be three leagues with 4 each.

I think the Staff would be suprised how well me and 11 other MBers that are not highly known will do.

(snip)

Not sure how the money prizes would break down, but I what if the 3rd group of people could not win prizes, prizes would be limited to the Staff and top MBers, but what the third group would win is respect on the boards, if they did well in the league.
Good idea if it's workable.
So fatness, Preds, and I would like to see this put into action, any of the staff care to comment if this could happen, or are we just wasting our breath?
:rotflmao:
Whats so funny Pirate, why should those that are "unpopular" on the boards not get a chance to prove their worth. I fell that I can draft with the best. So just because i dont post 100 times a day, and there fore am not well known, why should I and others like myself not get a chance?

Fantasy football is like 60% luck anyway. Y'all are acting like this is a test of manhood or something.
bull####.it's at least 62%

I think the Staff would be suprised how well me and 11 other MBers that are not highly known will do.

(snip)

Not sure how the money prizes would break down, but I what if the 3rd group of people could not win prizes, prizes would be limited to the Staff and top MBers, but what the third group would win is respect on the boards, if they did well in the league.
So fatness, Preds, and I would like to see this put into action, any of the staff care to comment if this could happen, or are we just wasting our breath?
Whats so funny Pirate, why should those that are "unpopular" on the boards not get a chance to prove their worth. I fell that I can draft with the best. So just because i dont post 100 times a day, and there fore am not well known, why should I and others like myself not get a chance?
because it isn't interesting

At this point I don't even care if the competition takes place... the entertainment value alone in this thread is enough for me. Great Idea David, not for the new league, but for conceiving a way of creating the board's best pi$$ing match in the history of this website. :D

My analysis of the experts:1. David Dodds – Does not change strategy from draft to draft. We will easily be able to predict his choices in the first 4 or 5 rounds based on his rankings and his easily accessible 2004 draft history. That said, his drafts are usually flawless so this only gives us an advantage in knowing who he will be looking for in each round. Overall skill level = 92. Ken Maxwell – Spends a little to much time at the snack machine and fixing hot tubs to be a great FF player. He is unpredictable year in and year out which will make predicting his drafts difficult, but his play is suspect. Overall skill level = 43. David Shick!- Is a teacher so he has plenty of time to prepare for drafting. He may spend a little too much time creating smilies and visiting the 57 message boards he frequents to be of much concern in this league. Overall skill level = 6 4. Maurile Tremblay- Mr. Overanaysis. I like reading his well thought out posts, but skill in writing does not necessarily equate to skill in fantasy football. This is the clear case here. Tremblay will not be competitive in this league. Overall skill level = 55. Chris Smith – Is this guy still around? And if I may ask, why? Overall skill level = 46. Jason Wood- Analysis is strong and drafts very well. Has a history of strong performance in contests like this. Overall skill level = 87. Chase Stuart- Will overdraft all NY Jets. Plays favorites towards Granpa Eddie George and Vinny Testeverde. We can only hope this guy is on the experts team. Overall skill level = 38. Shawn Culcasi- Knows his stuff and should be playing for the message board team. Overall skill level = 89. Clayton Gray- (see Chris Smith)10. Mark Wimer- Probably the most under rated expert on the board. Year in and year out, if you follow his advice you will do well. Overall skill level = 8.yes, I would like to be involved in this. :football:
Ten pieces of analysis in barely 20 lines of text. Great ratio, JoeT.

(snip)

While I too would love to compete in this contest, consider your time on the boards as a right of passage. You're asking the coach to start you when he's never even seen you practice. And if he won't start you, you want him to create a new position so you can play alongside the vets? :hoss: Sit back and enjoy the show. I know I'll be :popcorn:

[EFHutton]"We here at FBG don't ask for respect, we earn it."[/EFHutton]

Well, Vick-is-God, would you be interested in doing a Survivor draft of our own, since we have 0% chance of getting into this league, why not do our own. "The Reject Survivor League"

Fantasy football is like 60% luck anyway.
That's why the shark pool contingent and staff members would hate to see the FFA'ers involved.

(snip)

While I too would love to compete in this contest, consider your time on the boards as a right of passage. You're asking the coach to start you when he's never even seen you practice. And if he won't start you, you want him to create a new position so you can play alongside the vets? :hoss: Sit back and enjoy the show. I know I'll be :popcorn:

I think your analogy is a bit off, but i do get what you are saying.-I would equate it to:

Asking the coach to at least let me try out (let me draft), and if i suck, cut my sorry but. (The whole concept of the Survivor League).

Ya gotta admire meabeln's persistance though.He wins the "Rudi" award for fighting so hard even though he has 0 chance of getting in.

Then again Rudi got on NotreDame's team, maybe meabeln can be the Rudi of the FBG's league.

(snip)

I think your analogy is a bit off, but i do get what you are saying.-I would equate it to:

Asking the coach to at least let me try out (let me draft), and if i suck, cut my sorry but. (The whole concept of the Survivor League).
http://xpertleagues.com/signup.php4click on survivor leagues

Ya gotta admire meabeln's persistance though.He wins the "Rudi" award for fighting so hard even though he has 0 chance of getting in.

Then again Rudi got on NotreDame's team, maybe meabeln can be the Rudi of the FBG's league.
Sounds good to me- -but since you are most likely right (my 0% chance) - would you be interested in starting our own Survivor League?

Well, Vick-is-God, would you be interested in doing a Survivor draft of our own, since we have 0% chance of getting into this league, why not do our own. "The Reject Survivor League"
:rotflmao: I already have my hands full with my leagues, but i'm sure there would be enough interest to get it going.

based on the non-response here, am I correct in saying no one wants to play?:rotflmao: This is going to be a lot of fun.

The real drawing power is not the $$ and fabulous prizes but the chance to step up against the very best in the field. Fantasy Football has never been more popular than it is right now. I've the seen the sport/game grow out of control in the last 7 years. New leagues and World Championships are sprouting up all along the way. I have watched this site grow with the rise in popularity. I would like a chance to play along side of the guys that helped me become a better competitor. I would like a chance at the teachers. The swamis, the best of the best. If it happens awesome. If not, football is still in full effect at this very moment. WTFM. :fro:

FWIW, the 12 I would pick:Unlucky - CaptainJofferBassNBrewZaphodGatormanEastBayFunkGridBostonFredBuenoGregRSinrmanLHUCKSJust based on the knowledge I've seen in their posts the last couple of years.

I would suggest that those of you already declaring you have "zero chance" of being included take a deep breath and step away from the ledge. I'm sure the included Board Members will fit the following qualifications...1. Knowledge of football2. Time/presence to discuss the draft and league results exhaustively.Much beyond that, I'm not sure David, Joe, etc. will be selecting people just because they are familiar with them. We have the desire to make the quality of the analysis as solid as possible. THe fact that my team is going to destroy all of your teams is simply a bi-product of this. :football: Colin

FWIW, the 12 I would pick:Unlucky - CaptainJofferBassNBrewZaphodGatormanEastBayFunkGridBostonFredBuenoGregRSinrmanLHUCKSJust based on the knowledge I've seen in their posts the last couple of years.
:popcorn: Good selection.But I think you'd rather have good players than good posters.

Users who are viewing this thread