What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Staff vs Message Board's Best (1 Viewer)

The real drawing power is not the $$ and fabulous prizes but the chance to step up against the very best in the field. Fantasy Football has never been more popular than it is right now. I've the seen the sport/game grow out of control in the last 7 years. New leagues and World Championships are sprouting up all along the way. I have watched this site grow with the rise in popularity. I would like a chance to play along side of the guys that helped me become a better competitor. I would like a chance at the teachers. The swamis, the best of the best. If it happens awesome. If not, football is still in full effect at this very moment. WTFM. :fro:
Somebody call a doctor. We need to remove FootballFro's lips from Dodd's ###. STAT!
:rotflmao: shut up

After reading all of the posts, I am proud to announce that I would be one of the best players not to pick for the league. Here are my qualifications for not being picked:- I have less than 100 total posts- Only been playing FF for a few years so my knowledge and experience is limited- Most of my fantasy football information comes from the very people I would be playing against, therefore they'd know everything i would, in more depth, and sooner.- I also contribute very infrequently to the message board, and seldom with inspiring thoughts, keen strategies, or original ideas...i'm more of a sponge than a water source. So, in summary, if this actually was a pissing contest like it's being touted, the best i could do would be a slight dribble. I would like to thank everyone for not nominating me as i do believe that was a very wise decision, or indecision as it were :) Thanks for the non-consideration and maybe next year i could be honored enough to not be selected again. :brush:

well it is apparent that i am being shunned from this competition...i created a thread in the ffa that was promptly deleted, i think by fraggle rock boy (maxwell), but no matter, i will continue on...this is a mutiny...i am leading a charge of spurned ffa'ers to knock the spurt off of the ekspurts...champion gets leslies phone numberso you guys create your little league, but be afraid, very afraid, cuz we will be lurking and will strike with a vengeance to take the prize

FYI: I REALLY HAVEN'T RECEIVED AN INVITATION
Do I know this? Yeah, I pretty much know your modus operandi. However, not everyone hear knows this. It's sort of like herding a flock of cats across the plains. Its what I do.
That's as interesting a definition of teacher as any.
Sorry. Should have been more specific. I was referring to my mod duties her on the message boards.Always loved that super bowl commercial. Didn't understand it at all until I started to compare it to what I do here.

just to reset things for people:FBG will pick a captainThat captain will be responsible for picking the remaining 11 message board members.So, everybody has a chance. But, there's not a whole lot of reason to campaign until you know who the captain is and what he's looking for.

just to reset things for people:FBG will pick a captainThat captain will be responsible for picking the remaining 11 message board members.So, everybody has a chance. But, there's not a whole lot of reason to campaign until you know who the captain is and what he's looking for.
pick me Aaron, I'm ####### hilarious

Dear Future Captain,I want in.Best Regards,Joe T

pick me Aaron, I'm ####### hilarious
:fishing:

since Joe has repeatedly spurned Shick!'s attempts to make me a mod, MB team captain is an acceptable compromise

Attempting to steer this thread in the right direction.......I've never been in any of Unlucky's leagues, but I've heard nothing but great things about them.However, I'll play devil's advocate here......Twilight has run about 6 of the survivor leagues that have the exact rules (I think) that this league will have. He's got a good insight of what kind of styles it will take to win this type of league.Just throwing it out there.Fro...just feel free to PM me the kissing twilight's ### post....no need to post it in this thread.

I've never been in a Survivor format league, so this sounds like as good a time as any to start. Please pick me. TIA.

What amazing amount of fishing the eventual captain will be able to do. He's going to need a bigger boat.an 11 day audition on the message boards for players.Starting with pics of your wives...Actually, that sounds like OBC...Nevermind.

For those that dont think they will get in, why not have our own fun. I started a thread over on "The dating Game" about a Survivor League for all us rejects of the new Staff vs MB Survivor League. Check it out, hopefully we can fill that league soon, and get on with the draft.

What amazing amount of fishing the eventual captain will be able to do. He's going to need a bigger boat.an 11 day audition on the message boards for players.Starting with pics of your wives...Actually, that sounds like OBC...Nevermind.
YOU ARE GIVING THIS PLACE A BAD NAME!!!

For those that dont think they will get in, why not have our own fun. I started a thread over on "The dating Game" about a Survivor League for all us rejects of the new Staff vs MB Survivor League. Check it out, hopefully we can fill that league soon, and get on with the draft.
link ####er?

Unlucky - CaptainJofferBassNBrewZaphodGatormanEastBayFunkGridBostonFredBuenoGregRSinrmanLHUCKS
ALthough I like this list, the fact that cobalt crusin has been left off is scandalous!

What amazing amount of fishing the eventual captain will be able to do. He's going to need a bigger boat.an 11 day audition on the message boards for players.
That's why you need a certified fisherman for this project. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
What amazing amount of fishing the eventual captain will be able to do.  He's going to need a bigger boat.an 11 day audition on the message boards for players.
That's why you need a certified fisherman for this project. :cool:
zippy tell?

What amazing amount of fishing the eventual captain will be able to do.  He's going to need a bigger boat.an 11 day audition on the message boards for players.
That's why you need a certified fisherman for this project. :cool:
zippy tell?
Zippy can't organize a project like this.Jhoe would be a good canidate. Fucla as well. If he wasn't RIP. :(

If the FFA does get its own representation (which I assume is very doubtful) I would be interested.
Let Yankee play!!:anythingtostophimpostingintheffa: ;) Seriously, he knows his stuff and would do great write ups (I take Paypal)

I think the staff would be surprised how well some of the unknown MBers would do. I know Preds is very knowledgable, I'm sure there are tons of others that dont post up the wazoo. I'd like to see a handful of the unknowns represent. Staff is sersiously underestimating the MB. I think Dodds is still high after his FF Index "experts" draft. :popcorn:

Would be happy to make the squad. If not I will be happy to sit by and watch the MB beat the crap out of the FBG staff. :yes: Joe, David, etc. - please don't ban me for cheering on my fellow MB members. ;)

would love to be a part of it as well. put me in the "those who don't post 100 times a day, but knows his stuff" campbeen playing FF for 7 years.

I think the staff would be surprised how well some of the unknown MBers would do. I know Preds is very knowledgable, I'm sure there are tons of others that dont post up the wazoo. I'd like to see a handful of the unknowns represent. Staff is sersiously underestimating the MB. I think Dodds is still high after his FF Index "experts" draft. :popcorn:
The staff isn't picking the team. The staff is only picking the captain. The captain is picking the rest of the team.

:workingoncaptain'sacceptancespeech:Seriously, whoever is captain, I think I'd make a great choice for the team, because I promise to take a QB very early and wait until at least the 8th round before taking a RB. Debating on going with K in 2nd or 3rd.

The staff isn't picking the team. The staff is only picking the captain. The captain is picking the rest of the team.
Where did I say the staff was picking the teams? :confused: Sorry if I somehow implied that.

Kid C has politely declined the request to come out of retirement and be on the MB team. He was very honored.The staff can breathe a little easier now. As a former staff member and the inaugural winner of the FBG Survivor contest (against all mods), he would have been a valuable team member. :(

Reject Survivor Draft

Above is a link to the reject survivor draft over in "The dating game," we are half way full 6 of 12 and if you know you will not make this league, but still want to do a Survivor Draft, head on over and sign up.

I think the staff would be surprised how well some of the unknown MBers would do.  I know Preds is very knowledgable, I'm sure there are tons of others that dont post up the wazoo.  I'd like to see a handful of the unknowns represent.  Staff is sersiously underestimating the MB.  I think Dodds is still high after his FF Index "experts" draft.  :popcorn:
Where did I say the staff was picking the teams? :confused: Sorry if I somehow implied that.
my reading miscomprehension apparently.

When will FBG be picking the captain?
They're not. This is actually not going to happen. Dodds and Wood came up with this idea to hopefully get more replies in the player highlight threads. I've also seen a few new drafting style threads so I guess it has been a success so far. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread