What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Sync w Yahoo Cost Me My Week (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3 said:
Dirtybird said:
Plorfu said:
Sounds like you were bullied. Maybe you should take a leave of absence.
Missed this first time around. Awesome post!

:goodposting:
I am being bullied by a bunch of unsympathetic buttkissers.

I thought a few of you would jump to my side and voice their discontent at this brutal prognostication. how can they be SO wrong about Brown v Ginn this week?
you should take a break from the computer and have a moose steak. you will feel better.

Point to the shirt. Original guys.

Except that my excuse comes from $30 spent for someone to tell me who to start. Here on out Id rather pay nothing and roll some dice or ask my girlfriend who doesn't know the name of one NFL team to pick a player.

I mean, if on average all these top "pros" only hit between 50-60%, Im not impressed.

I lost this week. officially. by 4 points. Marlon Brown wins me my week, and I remain in first place.

Now Im at the office getting looks from my leaguemates, while they think "who the #### starts Ginn over Marlon"?

Except that my excuse comes from $30 spent for someone to tell me who to start. Here on out Id rather pay nothing and roll some dice or ask my girlfriend who doesn't know the name of one NFL team to pick a player.

I mean, if on average all these top "pros" only hit between 50-60%, Im not impressed.

I lost this week. officially. by 4 points. Marlon Brown wins me my week, and I remain in first place.

Now Im at the office getting looks from my leaguemates, while they think "who the #### starts Ginn over Marlon"?
the answer is "you"

Guppies like you who want someone to run their teams for them?

This explains why you were in first place. In my league prior to this week Ginn had outscored Marlon Brown by almost 20 points in my league. Starting Ginn over Brown prior to this week was the smart thing to do overall. This week Brown had a much bigger week and now the two are almost dead even on the year but heading into this week Ginn was the smarter choice. If you don't see that, then you clearly should try a different hobby.

Soulfly3 said:
It isnt rocket science. If i batted .600 at my job, id be fired immediately
Are you a pro baseball player? Cause if you are you'd get a nice fat contact if you batted .600.

This explains why you were in first place. In my league prior to this week Ginn had outscored Marlon Brown by almost 20 points in my league. Starting Ginn over Brown prior to this week was the smart thing to do overall. This week Brown had a much bigger week and now the two are almost dead even on the year but heading into this week Ginn was the smarter choice. If you don't see that, then you clearly should try a different hobby.
lazy analysis

lazy analysis
Fair enough. How do you analyze it? And do you see it that Ginn was so much worse of a choice heading into this week than Marlon Brown. To me it is much lazier to say that Brown scored more points this week, so obviously he was the correct choice than it is to look at how they have played through the year overall (given the 9 data points) and see that one had outscored the other by roughly 2 points a game. But clearly there is much deeper analysis that can be done, like matchups, history against opponents, QB play, etc.. Offer up something better, but either way Ginn being ranked above Brown this week is at worst arguable.

I know more of you have thought this... but after the onslaught Im enduring theyre afraid to come forward.

Soulfly3 said:
I know more of you have thought this... but after the onslaught Im enduring theyre afraid to come forward.
1 11 111 1

24 98 154 0

33 1 33 33 0 0 9

4 19 19 19 897

34 45 0 14 499 77 34 45

2 091

3 89 43 31 322 1 88

Soulfly3 said:

If your leaguemates were smart enough to know only a moron starts Ginn over Brown, why weren't you? Season-long projections can be an art, but week-to-week projections are almost 100% bull####. Only idiots make waiver or lineup decisions based upon weekly projections--which are pretty much the least important, and least worthy, part of an FBG's subscription.

MDSkinner said:
Rove! said:
MDSkinner said:
Soulfly3 said:

lazy analysis
Fair enough. How do you analyze it? And do you see it that Ginn was so much worse of a choice heading into this week than Marlon Brown. To me it is much lazier to say that Brown scored more points this week, so obviously he was the correct choice than it is to look at how they have played through the year overall (given the 9 data points) and see that one had outscored the other by roughly 2 points a game. But clearly there is much deeper analysis that can be done, like matchups, history against opponents, QB play, etc.. Offer up something better, but either way Ginn being ranked above Brown this week is at worst arguable.
Well, Brown is more talented and receives more targets. Where are you getting that Ginn had outscored Brown prior to this week? That's the definition of lazy analysis, because Brown missed a game due to injury. On a PPG basis, Brown was outscoring Ginn by almost 1 PPG through week 8. Which isn't much but it's a big 3 PPG swing from what you claimed.

Brown is a better, more complete WR and it was pretty predictable that he'd be targeted a bunch this week with Haden locking down Smith across from him. Ginn is the definition of hit or miss--no matter what their raw total points scored or even PPG say, half of Ginn's games have been under 5 points. In PPR. That's not a guy you want in your lineup just hoping he catches a bomb. Brown has been much more consistent.

Brown was the obvious start.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDSkinner said:
Rove! said:
MDSkinner said:
Soulfly3 said:

lazy analysis
Well, Brown is more talented and receives more targets. Where are you getting that Ginn had outscored Brown prior to this week? That's the definition of lazy analysis, because Brown missed a game due to injury. On a PPG basis, Brown was outscoring Ginn by almost 1 PPG through week 8. Which isn't much but it's a big 3 PPG swing from what you claimed.

Brown is a better, more complete WR and it was pretty predictable that he'd be targeted a bunch this week with Hayden locking down Smith across from him. Ginn is the definition of hit or miss--no matter what their raw total points scored or even PPG say, half of Ginn's games have been under 5 points. In PPR. That's not a guy you want in your lineup just hoping he catches a bomb. Brown has been much more consistent.

Your analysis is good and perhaps my data is bad due to my own league settings. However going into this week in my league they had scored the following

Ginn - 7 games/72.42 points/10.3 per game
Brown - 6 games/ 54.6 points/9.1 per game

And then this week, they produced the following points in this same league.

Ginn this week - 3.46 points
Brown this week - 21.9 points

So as mentioned, going into this week it was really not so black and white, at least in terms of how they produced this year. Perhaps my league scoring changes things (.5 PPR, some points for return yards, though minimal).

In terms of talent, I will take your word for it. But heading into this week, on an overall or a per game basis it was not obvious from my perspective.

Can we drop this?

I think it's been settled now... while not all of you are on my side, enough of you are to solidify what I said.

The FBG screwed the pooch on the call, and cost me big $

Soulfly3 said:
:lmao:
What's so funny?

I got 4 trade offers today from officemates :

brees for ej manuel

aj green for robert woods

lynch for ball

gordon for sanders

I'm the laughing stock of the office and apparently, this thread. But it's bull #### cuz I know Im right. Better thought processes and analysis by the guys im PAYING would have resulted in me winning this week

MDSkinner said:
Rove! said:
MDSkinner said:
Soulfly3 said:

lazy analysis

Brown is a better, more complete WR and it was pretty predictable that he'd be targeted a bunch this week with Haden locking down Smith across from him. Ginn is the definition of hit or miss--no matter what their raw total points scored or even PPG say, half of Ginn's games have been under 5 points. In PPR. That's not a guy you want in your lineup just hoping he catches a bomb. Brown has been much more consistent.

Your analysis is good and perhaps my data is bad due to my own league settings. However going into this week in my league they had scored the followingGinn - 7 games/72.42 points/10.3 per game

Brown - 6 games/ 54.6 points/9.1 per game

And then this week, they produced the following points in this same league.

Ginn this week - 3.46 points

Brown this week - 21.9 points

So as mentioned, going into this week it was really not so black and white, at least in terms of how they produced this year. Perhaps my league scoring changes things (.5 PPR, some points for return yards, though minimal).

In terms of talent, I will take your word for it. But heading into this week, on an overall or a per game basis it was not obvious from my perspective.
Look outside the raw numbers. How many of those weeks would you have wanted Ginn in your lineup? Now how about Brown? The answer is obvious--Brown is more likely to give you startable fantasy numbers week-to-week. Ginn is incredibly hit-or-miss in comparison.

Add that to the obvious, Haden blanketing Smith all game leading to higher target numbers for Brown, and the choice should have been easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soulfly3 said:
:lmao:
What's so funny?

I got 4 trade offers today from officemates :

brees for ej manuel

aj green for robert woods

lynch for ball

gordon for sanders

I'm the laughing stock of the office and apparently, this thread. But it's bull #### cuz I know Im right. Better thought processes and analysis by the guy im PAYING setting the lineups and paying the league fees (me) would have resulted in me winning this week
Fixed that for you.

This thread went from unintentionally funny to obviously fishing and unfunny, and is now swinging into intentionally funny.

Ginn is a no3 wr on CAR. Brown the no2.

I didnt know that until now. FBG shouldve made that aware
Try using FBG to help you think of things you may have been oblivious to. There have been many times where I had my lineup set and then saw some guy in dark blue. If I thought about it and could see why it made sense that he was ranked so high, I went with it. If I could see where Dodds was coming from but I disagreed, I make my own move.

It's your team, take command of it.

Something tells me this guy and the one complaining about Randy Bullock being ranked the #1K in pre draft rankings need to hug it out and form a league together

Ginn is a no3 wr on CAR. Brown the no2.

I didnt know that until now. FBG shouldve made that aware
This is a joke, right? Projections are just that...projections. If you don't believe them or know why you are making your picks, then ummm DONT USE THEM.

Soulfly3 said:

you

peace

lazy analysis
with Torry Smith being on Haden Island, targets flow to the secondary WR. Carolina figured to win by a decent margin which calls for more 2 WR sets and perhaps less of a need to stretch the field

The thing about the 50-60% accuracy is only supposed to reflect close calls. When figuring the accuracy percentage, they toss out consensus picks (Adrian Peterson vs. Willis McGahee). So hitting over 60% accuracy on calls that are so close that you need help with them is pretty good. For example, picking the correct player between Lance Moore and Rueben Randle 60% of the time is pretty darn impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread