What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG's Rankings Format (2 Viewers)

J Giles Band

Footballguy
This is primarily intended for Joe Bryant, John Norton or Clayton Gray... but I welcome anyone at FBG's or any of the vets on the IDP forum to chime in on this topic. Especially Tick who seems to always be on top of the rankings. Especially dynasty rankings.

I am just now starting to dust off the cobwebs from the offseason and dig into FBG's rankings, etc. We all know the FBG's website is being continually updated to be more modern (and hopefully improved). And there are many of us out there who often bristle when something that was working just fine in the past changes or is lost... Joe, I credit you for your patience with the vocal group who push back against such changes. While I share some of those feelings at times, I also understand there are times when format, coding, etc. require update or change in the technical realm. And while aesthetic changes are low on my priority list (I'm not sure the rankings formats look any better than before... I personally find them more difficult to read but that is subjective and everyone may have a different opinion on that)... my real concern is when we lose functionality.

As I've begun looking at the FBG's rankings this year, we appear to have lost the ability to view the rankings from each individual doing the rankings as well as the dates they submitted their rankings. We also used to be able to choose between the FBG's individual rankers we wished to view which was a great feature when you wanted to focus on particular rankers who you know and trust more than others. Especially for IDP or rookie/dynasty drafts. This feature is obviously gone if you can no longer view who is doing the rankings.

I do see FBG's has added an upside/downside measure within the rankings. I find this interesting and need to spend more time with it to determine the accuracy (difficult to determine but important if it is going to be useful) and how it influences my decisions. To be clear, I appreciate always trying to improve. But I hope additions like this are not at the expense of previous functionality.

If I have missed a post (I didn't check the Shark Pool) or discussion about this change... or better yet, the old ranking format is still available (or will be later in the summer) please let me know. If not, I would make a plea to return the ability to view (and select) the FBG's rankers and the dates of their rankings. Personally, I found it to be invaluable.

Thanks for taking a look and responses from anyone who knows more about this or shares my concerns.

Last edited:
Hi Folks. Thanks for the feedback. We're in the process of a major upgrade on the rankings and will continue to update here. If you've got something that's broken for you, please visit www.footballguys.com/help and submit a ticket. They'll need a few bits of info from you and will do their best to get you going for your specific situation. We won't be able to solve Customer Service issues here in the forum. www.footballguys.com/help is how we'll be able to solve these. Thanks.

Thanks Joe... wasn't trying to use the forum for tech support as much as just hoping to learn if you are aware if we should expect the normal ranking functionality (individual rankers listed with dates of their rankings) to return when the upgrade is completed?

Thanks again for checking in.

I really like how this turned out - used it for a draft and it worked well.
Did it allow you to put in custom IDP scoring? I only saw a minor offensive scoring changes. Am I missing it somewhere?
I have it synched with all my leagues. When I switch leagues, it shuffles things around based on the settings for that league. I'm not sure how it does it - since these are rankings instead of projections, how does it know to bump up FS in INT-heavy leagues? No idea, but it seemed to work well to me.

Did it allow you to put in custom IDP scoring? I only saw a minor offensive scoring changes. Am I missing it somewhere?
I have it synched with all my leagues. When I switch leagues, it shuffles things around based on the settings for that league. I'm not sure how it does it - since these are rankings instead of projections, how does it know to bump up FS in INT-heavy leagues? No idea, but it seemed to work well to me.
Are you just talking about the rankings page

Yes

Yes
I didn't see a spot to sync leagues on that screen.

ETA: I was using my phone and it didn’t have an icon to sync your leagues or choose your leagues. I had to turn the phone sideways to get access. Seems like it might be a formatting issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread