What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FF Librarian's 2010 Rankings Accuracy Results are in (1 Viewer)

Fbg's was #1 with wr's and #7 with te's. # 8 overall.
I'm looking for data myself. They used the absolute ranking within the position, e.g., QB3 vs. QB4, and did a simple sum of squares of the difference between the projected and actual ranking. Did they do it just for typical starters (QB 1-12, RB 1-24, etc.) or does it cover bench and breakouts as well? Did one outlier in the data skew the results, or were the sites distinct because of overall predictions?

I'm looking for data myself. They used the absolute ranking within the position, e.g., QB3 vs. QB4, and did a simple sum of squares of the difference between the projected and actual ranking. Did they do it just for typical starters (QB 1-12, RB 1-24, etc.) or does it cover bench and breakouts as well? Did one outlier in the data skew the results, or were the sites distinct because of overall predictions?
Rankings for the contest required top 25 QB, top 50 RB/WR and top 20 TE.

Don't you think it would be much more important to get a sample size of more than one season, first?

Don't you think it would be much more important to get a sample size of more than one season, first?
From the link posted in the OP:Now keep in mind this is just one year of results, but as I mentioned above, I’ve been doing this contest now for several years and am building up quite the database of results. Last summer, I began assembling a monster list of these rankings to determine which site is the most accurate year in and year out, and posted the results by position to my blog, FFLibrarian.com (this link will take you to the aggregate accuracy analysis results for QBs). I’ll be adding the 2010 results this winter and hope to put the results up in the next month or two on FFLibrarian.com.Kudos to the Bruno Boys on their 2010 rankings, and many thanks to all 50 sites for participating. For a full list of all the sites included, and other thoughts about the contest results, including the outcome of a related contest run by The Most Credible that assesses accuracy in player projections, come by FFLibrarian.com later this week.

From the link posted in the OP:Now keep in mind this is just one year of results, but as I mentioned above, I’ve been doing this contest now for several years and am building up quite the database of results. Last summer, I began assembling a monster list of these rankings to determine which site is the most accurate year in and year out, and posted the results by position to my blog, FFLibrarian.com (this link will take you to the aggregate accuracy analysis results for QBs). I’ll be adding the 2010 results this winter and hope to put the results up in the next month or two on FFLibrarian.com.Kudos to the Bruno Boys on their 2010 rankings, and many thanks to all 50 sites for participating. For a full list of all the sites included, and other thoughts about the contest results, including the outcome of a related contest run by The Most Credible that assesses accuracy in player projections, come by FFLibrarian.com later this week.
Thanks, I read that too.I was commenting on stickboy's need for a better scoring system. My point was - if we're really trying to dig deep into this, multiple seasons are more important than the individual season's data.

Thanks, I read that too.I was commenting on stickboy's need for a better scoring system. My point was - if we're really trying to dig deep into this, multiple seasons are more important than the individual season's data.
And it would be interesting to see if there are any sites that have consistently gotten better each year.

If you click on the link for her yearly average link it showed FBG as the top rankings for sites participating at least 2 years. It will be interesting to see where they land when she updates them to include this year's numbers. Still, pretty damn good I bet.

I wonder if they use an FBG team consensus or Dodd's rankings. That would be very helpful to know.

If you click on the link for her yearly average link it showed FBG as the top rankings for sites participating at least 2 years. It will be interesting to see where they land when she updates them to include this year's numbers. Still, pretty damn good I bet. I wonder if they use an FBG team consensus or Dodd's rankings. That would be very helpful to know.
Don't really mean this to sound bad but if a site is charging what this one does for content, they absolutely had better be at the top don't you think?

If you click on the link for her yearly average link it showed FBG as the top rankings for sites participating at least 2 years. It will be interesting to see where they land when she updates them to include this year's numbers. Still, pretty damn good I bet. I wonder if they use an FBG team consensus or Dodd's rankings. That would be very helpful to know.
Don't really mean this to sound bad but if a site is charging what this one does for content, they absolutely had better be at the top don't you think?
Other sites in the research charge too.

DoubleG said:
scrumptrulescent said:
Jail said:
Certainly, and they had better be near the top as well.I don't believe Bruno Boys charges and there are others on that list that I know are free.

scrumptrulescent said:
Jail said:
At, or very near the top, I would hope. I'd be disappointed with an 8th place finish, but at least they're in the top-10.

Jail said:
That link is just for the QB category. The multi-year overall rankings look much different than that.

I would like to see FBG's do this "in house" so to speak.....meaning give us some data on which staff members are most accurate with the projections, etc.....lists just like those on the link....by position and overall

would also like to see a season ending application where we could plug in our scoring systems to see where all the players actually ended up finishing, and then be able to compare that to our pre draft (Aug/Sept) VBD and Draft Dominator sheets/cheatsheets....see where they (FBG's) were good, bad, ugly....I think this would help us all see where we made some good moves in our drafts and some bad ones.....

Last edited by a moderator:
scrumptrulescent said:
Jail said:
At, or very near the top, I would hope. I'd be disappointed with an 8th place finish, but at least they're in the top-10.
Top 10 out of 50? Meh.

Top 10 out of 50? Meh.
I agree.Whattya say we start our own site. I'll be in charge of being message board police. you can do projections, stats, game recaps, blogs, podcasts, Dominators, etc. All the easy stuff.

Top 10 out of 50? Meh.
I agree.Whattya say we start our own site. I'll be in charge of being message board police. you can do projections, stats, game recaps, blogs, podcasts, Dominators, etc. All the easy stuff.
I have to agree with what you are trying to say. FBG does A LOT more than those other sites.

Top 10 out of 50? Meh.
I have to agree with what you are trying to say. FBG does A LOT more than those other sites.
You agree with simsarge's strawman? Of course FBG does more than other sites. That's not what I was talking about. But I get that people are neurotically protective of FBGs.

Users who are viewing this thread