What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Fantasy Hockey 2014-2015 sign up thread (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki said:
My team has tanked but i blame it on Fanduel. The daily tourneys are taking up all of my fantasy time these days.
do we need to revisit trade deadline here? Brasky complained about you dealing Crawford for Ovechkin when you are out of it. To me, it seemed like a reasonable deal given the pieces involved but I can see why he'd question it given the relative standings of the two teams involved. Also, isn't the guy you traded with here the same one that you invited to this league even though he's not an active FFA member? (He still owes his dues, btw).

Just want to get things out in the open here. I put all trades up to vote because I don't want to have to make veto decisions myself, but we can move the deadline up if that is what people want.
I'm trying to finish out of the basement, that is why I made that trade. I do know the owner in question personally but I would have made that trade with anyone and it had nothing to do with me making that trade, not to mention I got the better end of the deal by far. It was within the rules so I really don't care what anyone thinks of it or my reasoning for making the trade. If you want to change the rules then have at it.
I don't think anyone was saying that the players exchanged on face value was unfair. but you're missing the point, the face value of the players is irrelevant because what you receive is irrelevant. Lightsabres guy has Goals and Hits virtually locked in for 16 points and little downside on Ovie's other strong categories, Points, PPP, and Shots. meanwhile, all 4 of his goaltending categories have nothing but upside. so he's essentially trading for free potential improvement for the last 3 weeks to a team that has no chance, which the elimination of which is the point of having a trade deadline in a 1-year league.

if I could lend my brilliant non-last place advice to you I would suggest that trading away a good starting goalie for Ovechkin was actually a detriment to potential improvement down the stretch considering you are within striking distance of about 5 points in all 4 goalie categories and within only a handful of all realistically reachable skater points. with a little luck you might have climbed all the way to a putrid 12 place instead of an embarrassing 15/16th spot.

also, if you are so desperate to stay out of last place I would further recommend dropping Clarkson's season ending injury a month ago (better yet never rostered?), using your IR+, and try to make up the 31 starts you're behind in skater. you know, if you really want to make that big push. also might help to start goalies on your bench that are actually starting tonight too. but you know, just spitballin here.

best of luck.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
My team has tanked but i blame it on Fanduel. The daily tourneys are taking up all of my fantasy time these days.
do we need to revisit trade deadline here? Brasky complained about you dealing Crawford for Ovechkin when you are out of it. To me, it seemed like a reasonable deal given the pieces involved but I can see why he'd question it given the relative standings of the two teams involved. Also, isn't the guy you traded with here the same one that you invited to this league even though he's not an active FFA member? (He still owes his dues, btw).

Just want to get things out in the open here. I put all trades up to vote because I don't want to have to make veto decisions myself, but we can move the deadline up if that is what people want.
I'm trying to finish out of the basement, that is why I made that trade. I do know the owner in question personally but I would have made that trade with anyone and it had nothing to do with me making that trade, not to mention I got the better end of the deal by far. It was within the rules so I really don't care what anyone thinks of it or my reasoning for making the trade. If you want to change the rules then have at it.
I don't think anyone was saying that the players exchanged on face value was unfair. but you're missing the point, the face value of the players is irrelevant because what you receive is irrelevant. Lightsabres guy has Goals and Hits virtually locked in for 16 points and little downside on Ovie's other strong categories, Points, PPP, and Shots. meanwhile, all 4 of his goaltending categories have nothing but upside. so he's essentially trading for free potential improvement for the last 3 weeks to a team that has no chance, which the elimination of which is the point of having a trade deadline in a 1-year league.

if I could lend my brilliant non-last place advice to you I would suggest that trading away a good starting goalie for Ovechkin was actually a detriment to potential improvement down the stretch considering you are within striking distance of about 5 points in all 4 goalie categories and within only a handful of all realistically reachable skater points. with a little luck you might have climbed all the way to a putrid 12 place instead of an embarrassing 15/16th spot.

also, if you are so desperate to stay out of last place I would further recommend dropping Clarkson's season ending injury a month ago (better yet never rostered?), using your IR+, and try to make up the 31 starts you're behind in skater. you know, if you really want to make that big push. also might help to start goalies on your bench that are actually starting tonight too. but you know, just spitballin here.

best of luck.
I sense some anger here.. sorry the trade didnt meet your approval. And I'll choose not to start Allen tonight but thanks for the advice. Some advice for you - if you dont like a rule then bring it up before the season starts. Best of luck winning the $200 prize, sounds like you really need it.

oh look, I won again.

Rud> please put $25 to my playoff pool entry. please keep another $25 for your own entry for all your fine work running this and collection efforts. also, please send ceo3west $50 for trying super hard and managing to finish above last place by not using all his starts. maybe he can treat lightsabres to an endless pasta bowl over at olive garden and talk about where it all went wrong.

I'll take whatever is left over.

Congrats Brasky, nice win.

I had a pretty good showing for my return to fantasy hockey in years, punting goalies hurt me big time. (Along with teams rostering 15 goalies ;) )

And to the one who laughed at me when I drafted Voracek, suck it!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
1st Brasky - 50% ($200)
2nd Lightsabres - 30% ($120)
3rd BOCA - 20% ($80)

only 15 owners have paid so far, but I assume pumpnick is good for his share. So, 16 * $25 = $400 in prize money.

congrats to the winners.

oh look, I won again.

Rud> please put $25 to my playoff pool entry. please keep another $25 for your own entry for all your fine work running this and collection efforts. also, please send ceo3west $50 for trying super hard and managing to finish above last place by not using all his starts. maybe he can treat lightsabres to an endless pasta bowl over at olive garden and talk about where it all went wrong.

Maybe now you'll stop crying, one can hope.

oh look, I won again.

I let you win since you didn't make the bet with us this year. ;)

Congrats on the win.

oh look, I won again.

Maybe now you'll stop crying, one can hope.
Do the people you know in real life buy the bs you put out there? You know what you did, you know we know you did. It was legal and within the rules. Quit hiding behind some "last place" bs story and own up or don't saying anything at all. But I for one will not buy the bs front you are putting out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
I sent payments via PayPal. If there's an issue, please let me know ASAP.
ceowest> Rud sent me your $50 so PM me your paypal so I can pass along.

you could buy out Clarkson off your roster with that kind of cash.

Users who are viewing this thread