What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (1 Viewer)

I'd keep both and you remind me I had Dak as my QB2 to Mahomes in a league. I can't recall the exact scenario but I know weather was a factor that led me in final week 16 to for the first time since Mahomes became the starter to bench him for Dak. Cost myself a championship and from that point on I could not wait to get rid of Dak, finally unloaded him for two seconds' as much out of spite as roster room.

This is why I don't play SF. Everything about it works against me and would make me worse competitively speaking. Two area's I consider myself to do well in dynasty relative to my comp is find stud QB's for peanuts and build a better back end roster usually leading to tougher cuts then most. I see the appeal of SF and certainly wish QB's had more value in standard FFPC but it would just take away my ability to acquire QB's cheaply and make my cuts even more difficult.
SF makes the cuts so much tougher. No doubt about it.

But I can't emphasize enough - everyone is in that same boat and the fact that *you* have those backend of the roster skills gives you an even greater advantage vs your competition than in 1QB. Because everyone is required to walk that line, and you are better at it, your advantage is even bigger. Not less. But I've barked up that tree before. I would say these things to anyone that says they don't think they would be good at SF.

I have 16 FFPC Superflex teams now and still have two I want to sell this offseason. I am done (on paper) making cuts for all of them and have reduced it to a handful of backend guys that I will try and offer for small draft bumps where I can. But that I'm ready to cut if it comes to it. Those teams are going to keep this many QBs if I don't make further trades:

3 teams with 3 QBs

8 teams with 2 QBs 

3 teams with 1 QB - all three are playoff teams one took the title in 2020 (Mahomes), other one has Allen and finished as 2 seed and 2nd place this year and the third team is probably my best right now but took 3rd with Rodgers. In that league I just moved Cousins yesterday so now will be looking for a 2nd. But these teams win with one stud QB and either a streaming QB for cheap (yes they exist) or a 3rd RB or WR that is a stud. Because the pool is deeper with RB/WR/TE talent, that means it is easier and quicker to acquire premium non QB assets. If you have to overpay to get another permium QB, it really isn't that bad. Last offseason, coming off a ship on a team that had Kyler Murray and nothing else. I did that very thing by moving Gibson and a 1st for Russell Wilson. Then I made a buy low on Winston, which hasn't worked out just yet but just like that I have 3 QBs there. 

Easy peasy. If that is my list I am absolutely keeping Cousins. 

Agreed,  in such a case as these are the options I'd keep Cousins easily.

Exactly. I’m loathe to keep 2QBs in this format but my other edge of bench players are just not worth it. I’ll just use all of my draft picks to pick up dart throws at RB/WR/TE while others are picking mid-round back up QBs and hopefully get a couple of keepable players out of it. 

thanks guys. 

The Triflex leagues are better.  Still a cutdown to 16 but no kickers or defense.

I'm in a couple of those. Definitely better having the two "extra" roster spots by not having to keep a kicker and defense, but I'm still having some tough cuts. Still, I like these leagues a lot more, and if I could sell my other FFPC leagues without losing money, I would probably switch mostly to Triflex. 

I'm in a couple of those. Definitely better having the two "extra" roster spots by not having to keep a kicker and defense, but I'm still having some tough cuts.
I'm in a private league which uses entirely FFPC format/rules with notable exception we don't have a K ever and don't have to carry D or if you are inclined even a QB in the off-season. So off the top it's two extra roster spots assuming you keep a QB.

It should in theory help but my cuts the last two years have been as difficult as my normal FFPC leagues.

This is why I don't play SF. Everything about it works against me and would make me worse competitively speaking. Two area's I consider myself to do well in dynasty relative to my comp is find stud QB's for peanuts and build a better back end roster usually leading to tougher cuts then most. I see the appeal of SF and certainly wish QB's had more value in standard FFPC but it would just take away my ability to acquire QB's cheaply and make my cuts even more difficult.

Barack addressed some of this already, but one reason I really like superflex is the rookie draft. Two years ago, I had the 1.04 in two superflex leagues, and the top three picks in both leagues were Burrow, CEH and Tua, leaving me JT as my "consolation" prize. Last year, you could get Javonte Williams in the late first round. Granted, last year was a bit of an anomaly with what was thought to be a strong QB class, but the added value to rookie QBs just makes the draft so much more fun. In 1QB FFPC leagues, it's almost impossible to get a top RB if you don't have a top-4 pick. And if you're a competent fantasy owner, you'll never have a top-4 pick without trading for one. 

One other thing to mention (and maybe I've already brought this up here before, I can't remember): I have no freakin' idea why teams cut players before the deadline. I've already seen teams drop Zack Moss, Donovan Peoples-Jones (before the Watson trade), Allen Lazard (before the Adams trade), Tim Patrick, Austin Hooper (before he signed with Titans). Granted, it's still likely that all of these guys end up being logical cuts anyway, but what's the rush? 

One other thing to mention (and maybe I've already brought this up here before, I can't remember): I have no freakin' idea why teams cut players before the deadline. I've already seen teams drop Zack Moss, Donovan Peoples-Jones (before the Watson trade), Allen Lazard (before the Adams trade), Tim Patrick, Austin Hooper (before he signed with Titans). Granted, it's still likely that all of these guys end up being logical cuts anyway, but what's the rush? 
This x100000000

i don’t drop a single player before the drop dead deadline.

I posted my end of bench players in the FBG league in a early post and I know almost all are unkeepable in this format but no way I’m dropping a single one before the deadline since we have no clue if the value of anyone is going to rise with a big trade or injury. 

This x100000000

i don’t drop a single player before the drop dead deadline.

I posted my end of bench players in the FBG league in a early post and I know almost all are unkeepable in this format but no way I’m dropping a single one before the deadline since we have no clue if the value of anyone is going to rise with a big trade or injury. 
Yeah in our poker home game we have a house rule for newbies that you can't fold your big blind hand if the bet wasn't raised to you*. You might have been dealt a 4/10 offsuit but you get 3 more cards for free if you stay in. Those hands do hit from time to time. 

Just like we have 11 more days or whatever it is.

* sometimes newbies in the big blind will fold their hand when they don't have to

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to get 7 more to do a $35 BB Slim sit and go on FFPC. 20 rounds 30 second timer the draft starts when league fills. #40498

Or the $5 version #40707 but we'd need 10 more

Surely someone else on this board has Monday off and time on their hands!! I haven't drafted anything yet this offseason so...

Have done nothing as of yet, so sure I'll do a slow. If nothing else it will force me to look at some adp.
Yeah I'm looking to dip my toes in there and see what it looks like. I've seen draft boards but I'm only just beginning to build my tiers and rookie ranks.

FFPC; 1 qb

need a good QB to help round out my team. Is one of the final pieces I need. My choices are pay Up for Herbert or take a cheap option on Carr or Brady type

talked to a few owners and it basically comes down to which would you rather have;

1.05 and Carr or 2.08 and Herbert?

FFPC; 1 qb

need a good QB to help round out my team. Is one of the final pieces I need. My choices are pay Up for Herbert or take a cheap option on Carr or Brady type

talked to a few owners and it basically comes down to which would you rather have;

I would rather have 1.05 and find another way to get that elite QB. Carr isn't it but you're not going to lose anything from starting Carr. And he should do better than he ever has this year. You can win with him. Draft a stud at 1.05 and *then* flip him or another of your studs for an elite QB at that point. 

I don't mind sending 1.05 for Herbert, though, but I think you need a bit more than the 2.08 back. Herbert *is* an elite QB and if you feel you're super strong everywhere else on your roster I don't think it is a horrible overpay. If it puts you over the top then it is worth it. 

TLDR I think the gap between 1.05 and 2.08 is dramatically bigger than the gap between Carr and Herbert.

FFPC; 1 qb

In 1QB FFPC leagues, you don't need a good QB to win if the rest of your team is strong. I'd keep the 1.05 and wouldn't pay for Herbert. 

Completed a few trades this week while trying to cut down rosters.  Probably overpaid in all of these but I was hurting for roster spots and just wanted to consolidate.

Superflex
Gave: Dalton Schultz, Terry McLaurin, 1.07
Got: Mark Andrews, 1.05

Superflex
Gave: Tua Tagavailoa, Jordan Love, 1.12
Got: 1.03

1qb
Gave: Diontae Johnson, Hollywood Brown, Damien Harris, 1.07
Got: Christian McCaffrey

Gave: Rashod Bateman
Got: Mike Gesicki

I've been pondering the strategy of trading cutline players for picks.  It occurs to me that perhaps it may not always be ideal to trade a player to a rival just to get a mid to late pick I'll likely end up cutting anyways.  I'm not talking about trading Gio Bernard, but moreso someone like MVS or R. Stevenson.  I'm likely helping out a competitor much more than myself if only to save a roster spot.  I'm thinking if I dump those guys in the draft, they'll likely go higher than the 5th or 6th I'd get, and at the very least make someone spend a higher pick for them.

Same thing for pre Week 1 roster cuts.  I gave away James Robinson for peanuts a couple years back.  Should have just cut him and at the very least make someone spend BB$ on him.

I've been pondering the strategy of trading cutline players for picks.  It occurs to me that perhaps it may not always be ideal to trade a player to a rival just to get a mid to late pick I'll likely end up cutting anyways.  I'm not talking about trading Gio Bernard, but moreso someone like MVS or R. Stevenson.  I'm likely helping out a competitor much more than myself if only to save a roster spot.  I'm thinking if I dump those guys in the draft, they'll likely go higher than the 5th or 6th I'd get, and at the very least make someone spend a higher pick for them.

Same thing for pre Week 1 roster cuts.  I gave away James Robinson for peanuts a couple years back.  Should have just cut him and at the very least make someone spend BB$ on him.
Guys with legit perceived value like Stevenson are the types to package with other quality assets to upgrade at a position. Classic 2-1 because they move the needle enough for other owners with depth issue to consider. The Dyami Browns of the world are the ones that you should be taking 5th or 6ths for because they aren’t going to survive a roster spot 2 weeks into the season. Where MVS falls on this spectrum depends on who you talk to but in FFPC I think it’s the latter and I’d take a 5th or 6th if that’s all I could get at cut downs. I’m not scared that he’s going to come back to haunt me in the playoffs in that format.

Great points. One thing I try to consider when doing these "I’m gonna cut them anyway" players for a mid-round pick is: where would I draft them back onto my team if I just let them go. But I am kind of giddy when I even do a small trade so I’m ashamed to say that I sometimes do those little deals that, 9 times out of 10 don’t matter, just for the sake of doing a deal :)  

Great points. One thing I try to consider when doing these "I’m gonna cut them anyway" players for a mid-round pick is: where would I draft them back onto my team if I just let them go. But I am kind of giddy when I even do a small trade so I’m ashamed to say that I sometimes do those little deals that, 9 times out of 10 don’t matter, just for the sake of doing a deal :)  
Plus I think when you make these types of cheap deals it opens up trading lines with teams for down the road. They are like ‘I just got Dyami for nothing’ and trading relationships are weirdly established that can pay off later.

I think it depends on whether you think the player has potential to blow up or not. If they do, then ok maybe throw them in the pool instead of a cheap trade and give yourself a chance to take them back later. I think Meno called it a boomerang play. If you don't get them in the draft, there is almost 100% chance someone takes them for a better draft pick than what you would have got. And it will push other names down.

On the other hand if the player is someone you think is never going to get there, then in this format by all means trade them for air. Poison pill move. In this format your opponents can't roster enough of those cloggers.

I've been pondering the strategy of trading cutline players for picks.  It occurs to me that perhaps it may not always be ideal to trade a player to a rival just to get a mid to late pick I'll likely end up cutting anyways. 
This is where I disagree in terms of whether this should be a motivating factor in your decision. I wrote an article about this last summer and a follow up a couple weeks ago. I am a strong advocate for trying to acquire as many of those late picks as you can, and to spend them just as easily. Like I said above I guess it depends on whether the player has upside or is just a clogger. But I hit league winning or league changing lottery tickets. Every. Single. Year.

https://dynastyfootballfactory.com/dynasty-rookie-pick-hit-rates-in-ffpc-part-2/

It is behind a paywall but had to share.

But it's rarely "is it worth trading Player X for Pick Y?" If I've got JD McKissic and he's a bubble player for me, and I decide to keep him, then I've got to cut someone else in his place -- let's say, Nyheim Hines. So if someone offers me a 5th for McKissic, and that allows me to keep Hines, then the equation really becomes "I'm trading McKissic for Hines and a 5th," because otherwise I'd have to drop Hines to keep McKissic. It's not "Player X = Pick Y." It's "Player X = Pick Y + 1 roster spot."

I'm trading McKissic for Hines and a 5th
Straight up this is exactly how I view it and just assumed how most did.

A few other quick rambling thoughts on FFPC cut downs and trades:

*I have noticed sometimes I get to mired down in trying to deal the players who are currently not on my top 14 position player keeper list. This leads to sending out offers trying to deal my cuts for picks at a time people are trying to trim rosters or have an easier time getting bargains so easy to see why this strategy does not always yield optimal results. Something I have to keep reminding myself when trying to get my roster down is to not forget options of moving my premium players in either 2 for 1 type's to gain an upgrade/roster spot or for valuable picks. Seems painfully simple, but I just get locked into mindset of trying to move the fringe pieces and have to keep reminding myself to look at moving the bigger pieces.

* I will draw a line on where I'd rather cut a player then take a pick but it's more of a loose line then hard and fast rule.  Keys are of course what I'm receiving back, how interested in trying to re-draft the player and if team that wants him is competitor to me next year how much am I helping them. Concrete example last week someone offered me a 4.9 for Antonio Brown. I'm cutting AB but this was still an easy no as that team is one of my direct competitors, the return was not great,  and AB is someone I'll likely have an interest in drafting back.

Something I have to keep reminding myself when trying to get my roster down is to not forget options of moving my premium players in either 2 for 1 type's to gain an upgrade/roster spot or for valuable picks.
Yes and I *try* to focus on this strategy as a central pillar to how I run my FFPC dynasty teams. I'm scrapping around with all those back end guys like you're talking about, but I try hard to never lose sight of moving guys that are inherently more valuable. But perhaps getting older, or perhaps I simply don't like them. 

But for me, it isn't just about wheeling and dealing for value, it is about *making room* for those lottery tickets that I want to keep. But of course, the idea of making room is counterintuitive when everybody is trying to cut down. 

But there *are* teams out there that have room to take on players in a 2 for 1. I have teams like that and I have posted several messages this week saying so. Send me your offers. And they have. Others have posted similar messages in other leagues. I haven't done it but I have considered posting a message saying explicitly "does anyone have room?!"

People say 3rd round rookie picks never hit. I wrote a piece about my historic hit rate for rookie drafts and I have had 50% hit rate for 3rd rounders since 2015. About 25% for 4th rounders. If that is the rate, and I hold multiple picks in that range, I am statistically guaranteed to get a hit. But only if I can roster them. It is easier to create room by moving those middle premium players than moving back end guys, but you should be doing that too.

People say 3rd round rookie picks never hit. I wrote a piece about my historic hit rate for rookie drafts and I have had 50% hit rate for 3rd rounders since 2015. About 25% for 4th rounders. If that is the rate, and I hold multiple picks in that range, I am statistically guaranteed to get a hit. But only if I can roster them. It is easier to create room by moving those middle premium players than moving back end guys, but you should be doing that too.
After the rookie draft we have all summer to evaluate our lottery tickets and see which ones we think give us better odds of hitting. It doesn't bother me even a little bit if most of them just get dropped, there are always a couple I like that hit. Every year.

Gonna do a $5 sit n go draft BestBall Slim that only needs 2 more #40724 if anyone is interested. 30 second clock so it shouldn't take too long 20 rounds

My first live draft of the year. $125 BB Tourney FFPC 20 rounds no K no D only 8 starters

QB Lance, Mariota, Willis*
RB Carter, Monty, Edmonds, Henderson, Hines, Ford*
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Diontae, Aiyuk, Bateman, J Washington, N Collins, Pickens*
TE Andrews, Hurst, Granson

Here is the board

I have one FFPC 1QB league where an owner will post on the message board the players he is selling for picks, then he will spam the entire league with offers of, say, Kendrick Bourne for the other team's '22 R4, then another offer to every team of Bourne for the other team's '23 R4. I get a few of these every week. (There's another guy in this league I'm friends with, and he said he gets the same offers, so my assumption is they go out to most or every owner in the league.). I don't know why, but it bugs the hell out of me. I've ended up not even responding. 

I have one FFPC 1QB league where an owner will post on the message board the players he is selling for picks, then he will spam the entire league with offers of, say, Kendrick Bourne for the other team's '22 R4, then another offer to every team of Bourne for the other team's '23 R4. I get a few of these every week. (There's another guy in this league I'm friends with, and he said he gets the same offers, so my assumption is they go out to most or every owner in the league.). I don't know why, but it bugs the hell out of me. I've ended up not even responding. 
You might let him know that one time.  Like, "I'm only going to respond if one of these appeals to me".

I don't know why, but it bugs the hell out of me. I've ended up not even responding. 
I only just discovered they have a feature that allows you to ignore certain team's trade offers. I've not used or have any reason to use it but a few years ago this guy in one league would send absolutely bonkers bad super late night trade offers to me all the time. I figured he was just hoping I'd drunk accept at some point so I quit responding. If he was still around,  I might be giving the ignore trade feature a test drive.

menobrown said:
I only just discovered they have a feature that allows you to ignore certain team's trade offers. I've not used or have any reason to use it but a few years ago this guy in one league would send absolutely bonkers bad super late night trade offers to me all the time. I figured he was just hoping I'd drunk accept at some point so I quit responding. If he was still around,  I might be giving the ignore trade feature a test drive.
Where is this feature you speak of? I cannot locate it.

menobrown said:
I just got blocked from trade offers in one league by one leaguemate. Or I just found out anyway. About a week ago I made an offer in response to his post that his 2023 1st, Keenan Allen, and a bunch of other players were available. He also said he had room to add one player. I offered Pittman plus 2 more players that I thought were reasonable , along with a message acknowledging Pittman wasn't enough on his own and if he saw other players on my side he liked more than what I was offering, let's talk or counter or what have you. He was already pissed off from getting roasted on the message board a few weeks earlier about a trade he and I made. He followed that up by calling out a different owner's bad offers (they are) and they had a big back and forth. Then his response to my offer for Allen+1st was to accuse me of being a bottom feeder (I am) and that offers like that get me blocked. 

I responded with adding two other players on top of Pittman (who many sources have ranked higher than Allen for dynasty value but this guy couldn't fathom) and apologized that I had no intention to insult or lowball (I really don't). RNC and I assume that was when he blocked me. But we also made like two other trades *right* after that in other leagues. I offered 3.08 for Hurst in one and he countered all pissed off with 2.12+3.08 for Hurst and said "He was a 1st rounder deuche" and I autoaccepted and said "yeah I know thanks".

Anyway TLDR that setting doesn't just block the other owner's trade notifications from your email. It blocks their ability to offer trades at all. Not sure if that distinction is understood as this is being discussed here. I didn't know until now myself. Because I tried to offer him a player (again) after he said he had room.

Go to your league homepage

on the far right next  to each team's name, to the right of points against, is a settings tab

click the settings tab and it will give you option if side wagers and ignoring or muting trade requests

I have not attempted to use it
meno, I just blocked your trade offers.  Try and send me one in SP league and let us know what it says.

I'm in a couple of those. Definitely better having the two "extra" roster spots by not having to keep a kicker and defense, but I'm still having some tough cuts. Still, I like these leagues a lot more, and if I could sell my other FFPC leagues without losing money, I would probably switch mostly to Triflex. 
I am doing my first TriFlex ever. In a startup right now. For anyone that doesn't know, no K or D, but still 10 FFPC starters.

QRRWWWTFFS 

Through 12 rounds:

Mahomes
Barkley, Rachaad White, Zamir White
Deebo, E Moore, Toney, London
Pitts, Knox

and I have two other peoples 2023 1sts but not my own. In FFPC startups teams are not allowed to draft more than 3 QBs. Right now only two other teams have less than 3. There are several more QBs on the board that I feel fine waiting for until the 19th and 20th rounds because the software will prevent me from getting sniped. I clearly need more RBs and WRs but there is still a fair amount of veteran and rookie talent on the board.

Here is an excerpt from my State of the FFPC article last week:

"In one 1QB league that I looked at in detail, there have been 321 trades made since that startup ended in 2017. Of those 321 trades, 160 have been made during the period between the end of the regular season in early January and March 31st. Which is still six days away and more trades will be made in that time. That is almost exactly 50% of all trades being made during a period of time that is just a fraction over 25% of the open trading period during the calendar year."

I have found this pattern to be consistent throughout my FFPC leagues. In this one above, only 20% of trades have happened inseason. 

But actually there have been 11 more trades made already since that blurb so that bumps it up to 52% of all trades made and the inseason has dropped to 19%. And it isn't midnight yet and there are still 3 teams that are over by several players.

This is just me being super dorky with numbers again but whenever I hear people say "but you could have got more inseason" I am like "but could you have?" Was the store even open at that hour?

Here is an excerpt from my State of the FFPC article last week:

"In one 1QB league that I looked at in detail, there have been 321 trades made since that startup ended in 2017. Of those 321 trades, 160 have been made during the period between the end of the regular season in early January and March 31st. Which is still six days away and more trades will be made in that time. That is almost exactly 50% of all trades being made during a period of time that is just a fraction over 25% of the open trading period during the calendar year."

I have found this pattern to be consistent throughout my FFPC leagues. In this one above, only 20% of trades have happened inseason. 

But actually there have been 11 more trades made already since that blurb so that bumps it up to 52% of all trades made and the inseason has dropped to 19%. And it isn't midnight yet and there are still 3 teams that are over by several players.

This is just me being super dorky with numbers again but whenever I hear people say "but you could have got more inseason" I am like "but could you have?" Was the store even open at that hour?
Not sure if you might be referring to me with the  "but you could have got more inseason" since I did say that to you in this thread. Isn't it fair to say that sometimes its absolutely true and sometimes it's not? There is obvious risk in holding a player into the season, injury, under perform etc, and there are roster opportunity costs associated with waiting.

On the other hand, if it's an established player with a recently depressed market value (due to inj, suspension etc) holding that player into the season can make more sense and have a big payoff.

Sell early at a discount or hold into the season?

My definitive answer is, it depends😉

Not sure if you might be referring to me with the  "but you could have got more inseason" since I did say that to you in this thread. Isn't it fair to say that sometimes its absolutely true and sometimes it's not? There is obvious risk in holding a player into the season, injury, under perform etc, and there are roster opportunity costs associated with waiting.

On the other hand, if it's an established player with a recently depressed market value (due to inj, suspension etc) holding that player into the season can make more sense and have a big payoff.

Sell early at a discount or hold into the season?

My definitive answer is, it depends😉
First, no it wasn't in response to anything you had said. The "you could have got more inseason" argument is made by a large proportion of the FF community and I just had always thought it was a fascinating subject. I think it is largely a fallacy in FFPC, but yes it absolutely depends. I am a fan of the idea that when the iron is hot (not in terms of depressed value because of injury, susp, etc, but because a trading partner is hot to trot) you should strike. So long as the deal is within an acceptable margin (which would vary from owner to owner - I am looser than many).

I have to agree with the notion that a player's (artificially) depressed value is likely to rebound if you wait, but where my main point lies is that the market is simply not that robust inseason so it will be hard to find a partner, even if that value would/could be higher. But that is a broad generalization by me and some leagues are very active inseason and some aren't. Maybe a partner isn't that hard to find. Meno was talking about one of his $750 leagues and how sparse the trading is/was. However, what I have found is that consistently across leagues, the most robust trading period of time is between ~Jan 9th and March 31st. And it is by a lot. 

The other consideration that can't be ignored is that if the debate centers around player X and his (perceived and possibly artificially) depressed value, is the dip really an aberration or is that player really going to keep falling in value due to real reasons like age, ability, situation, etc.? If my take is that I want to get rid of them then I tend to commit to that take. If I have a buyer within that margin I am game. 

I know we had a back and forth about Kupp and Deebo last year where I had sold low. I don't know if you saw at all, it is likely you didn't, but I have posted in the SharkPool in a couple spots, as well on Twitter and in articles I have written this past season, that my trade last year was by far the worst trade I have ever made. That specifically my take on Deebo vs Aiyuk, coupled with being unbelievably wrong about Kupp, was a take I have never been more wrong about. Not just in terms of the take but in terms of the FF impact.

I don't think my roster or trading process was wrong per se, though, I was just wrong about those two players. The really big mistake I made in my process is that I always use calcs and rankings as milemarkers to get a sense of what the market thinks about given assets. I think most people know I have no qualms about taking deals that don't match market. But this was the *one* example out of 100s of trades each year where I didn't bother to throw it into a calc first and I would have benefitted greatly if I had. I would have either sold much higher or not found a buyer and held into the season where both players obviously blew up.

Ok rant almost over! One other thing is that by owning so many teams, the ability for me to shop assets around inseason goes down because my management bandwidth is already taxed so much. That is on me, not market dynamics. But, everyone is more taxed inseason so...ok rant over!!

In season FFPC trades are an interesting thing. I don’t have data to support this but I’d imagine the majority of in season trades are "losing team trades a Win Now player for a younger prospect from a winning team trying to get over the top”. Doesn’t that necessarily almost cut the possible trade partners in half right off the bat? 

(whereas in the off-season, optimism reigns, everyone is looking to reassess their teams, wheel and deal a bit to set themselves up for a sure-to-be-championship run.)

and I know about off-season optimism running rampant. I’m a raiders fan ;)  

Users who are viewing this thread