What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (1 Viewer)

I cashed in the WSOP in Vegas again this year, in the millionaire mystery bounty event the first week of June. Had a great time and finally covered expenses! 10 more minutes and I make it to day 2 and ...well anyway I always choose poker over fantasy football when it comes to my Vegas trips, but one of these years I'd really love to make it for a Main Event draft.

I feel bad that Joe lost the FPC to the FPC, if you know what I mean. I was going to throw into the new FBG tourney until it got cancelled.

So I hope this isn't out of place now, but since FFPC is what this thread was/is dedicated to, I thought I'd share a couple of the new *FPC* squads I drafted, including this first one that I got for free, after all the years of them offering their promotion of a free entry to people that draft within a certain short window, I finally won one of those (from the 3 hole):

https://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=8EC-F2B0BA32325A

Zero RB is maybe better than ever this year:

Fields
Charbonnet, Bigsby, K Miller, R Johnson, Abanikanda, Strong, M Davis, D Prince
Higgins, Metcalf, Moore, Burks, Q Johnson, Hodgins
Kelce, Irv, Gesicki
K&D

and the entry that gave me the chance to earn the free entry, from the 7:

https://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=363-EF5AB8BD4380

Herbert, Ridder
Bijan, Swift, Tank, K Miller, D Prince, K Ingram
Metcalf, Deebo, Pickens, Q Johnson, Doubs, Shaheed, Hodgins
Andrews, Everett, Gesicki
K&D

and one that I did tonight because ADP is still stupid and they're offering more freebies. and I keep telling myself that I need to get more Tyreek, and 5 is kind of the perfect spot for him, but...

https://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=C08-9A553D2FB582

Richardson, Ridder
CMC, Swift, Charbonnet, Bigsby, CPat, D Prince
Metcalf, Watson, Godwin, Dotson, R Moore, Shaheed
Andrews, Gesicki (no, the other one), McBride, Woods (timed out putting kids to bed but don't hate it)
K&D

one that I got for free, after all the years of them offering their promotion of a free entry to people that draft within a certain short window,
and one that I did tonight because ADP is still stupid and they're offering more freebies
I should know this but I don't, what freebies and free teams do you speak of? All I can recall getting for free is the $35 entires for drafting at a certain time. Got me wondering what I'm missing.

one that I got for free, after all the years of them offering their promotion of a free entry to people that draft within a certain short window,
and one that I did tonight because ADP is still stupid and they're offering more freebies
I should know this but I don't, what freebies and free teams do you speak of? All I can recall getting for free is the $35 entires for drafting at a certain time. Got me wondering what I'm missing.
They run a promotion usually once a year, but they just wrapped up the second window of it and hinted they might do a third run. I assume because the contest is bigger now. Basically if you draft a $350 FPC team within the promotion window (usually during the week), then you are eligible for a drawing for a free $350 FPC entry. They sent out an email this morning with this week's winners.

They run a promotion usually once a year, but they just wrapped up the second window of it and hinted they might do a third run. I assume because the contest is bigger now. Basically if you draft a $350 FPC team within the promotion window (usually during the week), then you are eligible for a drawing for a free $350 FPC entry. They sent out an email this morning with this week's winners.
Thanks, had no idea of this, guess I should read the emails sometimes

I cashed in the WSOP in Vegas again this year, in the millionaire mystery bounty event the first week of June. Had a great time and finally covered expenses! 10 more minutes and I make it to day 2 and ...well anyway I always choose poker over fantasy football when it comes to my Vegas trips, but one of these years I'd really love to make it for a Main Event draft.

I feel bad that Joe lost the FPC to the FPC, if you know what I mean. I was going to throw into the new FBG tourney until it got cancelled.

So I hope this isn't out of place now, but since FFPC is what this thread was/is dedicated to, I thought I'd share a couple of the new *FPC* squads I drafted, including this first one that I got for free, after all the years of them offering their promotion of a free entry to people that draft within a certain short window, I finally won one of those (from the 3 hole):

https://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=8EC-F2B0BA32325A

Zero RB is maybe better than ever this year:

Fields
Charbonnet, Bigsby, K Miller, R Johnson, Abanikanda, Strong, M Davis, D Prince
Higgins, Metcalf, Moore, Burks, Q Johnson, Hodgins
Kelce, Irv, Gesicki
K&D

and the entry that gave me the chance to earn the free entry, from the 7:

https://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=363-EF5AB8BD4380

Herbert, Ridder
Bijan, Swift, Tank, K Miller, D Prince, K Ingram
Metcalf, Deebo, Pickens, Q Johnson, Doubs, Shaheed, Hodgins
Andrews, Everett, Gesicki
K&D

and one that I did tonight because ADP is still stupid and they're offering more freebies. and I keep telling myself that I need to get more Tyreek, and 5 is kind of the perfect spot for him, but...

https://myffpc.com/DraftBoard.aspx?ltuid=C08-9A553D2FB582

Richardson, Ridder
CMC, Swift, Charbonnet, Bigsby, CPat, D Prince
Metcalf, Watson, Godwin, Dotson, R Moore, Shaheed
Andrews, Gesicki (no, the other one), McBride, Woods (timed out putting kids to bed but don't hate it)
K&D
Congratulations on the WSOP Cash. I was there for a few days just after that. I had a final table in one of the dailies.

You should do the FFPC Main Event. It is a great time.

Last edited:
Congrats on the WSOP cash Barack!
Always meant to get out there to play in an event or two, but probably limited to one trip a year these days, and I'll likely reserve it for Raiders games.

Thanks, had no idea of this, guess I should read the emails sometimes
Just got another email today that says this promotion is open again this week. From yesterday through July 27th.

Any surprising cuts yet? Yes I know we have our own SharkPool cuts to make but I don't care.

I've come across a few mildly interesting dynasty cuts (I'm in Camp Wait Until The Last Day) and one doozie.

Josh Downs
Israel Abanikanda
Pierre Strong (a week ago - could have gotten a draft pick if they'd waited - I just paid a 4th for Strong earlier today)
Higbee, Knox
Shaheed
Zamir
Dyami Brown

But there is an owner in one of my SuperFlex leagues that has made their cuts down to 20, and decided to keep Hendon Hooker (they have Goff) and Mike White and instead to cut:

Brian Robinson
Trey McBride
Jayden Reed

Somebody explain it to me like I'm 5.

Any surprising cuts yet? Yes I know we have our own SharkPool cuts to make but I don't care.

I've come across a few mildly interesting dynasty cuts (I'm in Camp Wait Until The Last Day) and one doozie.

Josh Downs
Israel Abanikanda

Pierre Strong (a week ago - could have gotten a draft pick if they'd waited - I just paid a 4th for Strong earlier today)
Higbee, Knox
Shaheed
Zamir
Dyami Brown

But there is an owner in one of my SuperFlex leagues that has made their cuts down to 20, and decided to keep Hendon Hooker (they have Goff) and Mike White and instead to cut:

Brian Robinson
Trey McBride
Jayden Reed

Somebody explain it to me like I'm 5.
Bolded ones are pretty darn surprising. You’ve gotta be STACKED to drop those kinds of players, even in FFPC short bench format.
And, yeah, that superflex owner is nuts.
The only slight oddities so far in my $77 FFPC league are the drops of Israel Abanikanda and KJ Osborn.
I’m with you on waiting til the last day to do my drops. Anything can happen last minute.

A dude took Michael Mayer at 8 and dropped him already.

Same guy also cut Cedric Tillman and Schoonmaker, both of whom he took with b2b picks in the later third. Cutting them in and of itself is not surprising, at all, it's just that he did it about 2 weeks ago before they had played in their second to last pre-season game.

Also saw someone cut Abanikanda and again to me that's not super surprising but he did take him 2.3.

I don't think what you paid should drive all your decisions, I just point out because when you pay that much you'd think that people would want to at least give them some time and in a lot of these cases they were getting cut a clear week or so more before cuts were even due. Stuff can happen. At least the Abanikanda owner shopped him before cutting him.

First Jonathan Taylor trade I've seen so far

Team A: Sends J.Taylor, O.Beckham, 2024 1st, 2024 2nd (Team picked 8th this year)

Team B: Sends N.Harris, J.Cook, C.Watson

I will likely have to cut Abanikanda, but he was a late 3rd rounder back in May. However, reading at how crazy you guys think that is, I will put him for trade. See what the best offer, if any.

I am in 5 FantasyPros, all freebies. I wasn’t planning on playing any more, but I may just have to get a 3 pac due to this thing not selling out.

Just saw Jameson Williams dropped. Wow! Among his keepers were 2 kickers, 2 def, Daniel Bellinger and Malik Willis. It is a SF Best ball league but that still doesn't make any sense.

I'm going to make a pretty sizeable bid on him.

Just saw Jameson Williams dropped. Wow! Among his keepers were 2 kickers, 2 def, Daniel Bellinger and Malik Willis. It is a SF Best ball league but that still doesn't make any sense.

Yeah crazy stuff out there. My thinking is that sometimes owners believe in the poison pill drop. But makes no sense cause someone would have paid at least a 2nd. Posted above but someone dropped Brian Robinson and kept Mike White and some other backup QB. Dropped Jayden Reed also. Just dumb and lazy and I don't get it. Poison pill might make sense if the best you can hope for is like a 3rd? IDK.

Are FFPC faab waivers taking many times longer to process than usual? Still not seeing faab results at it’s after midnight PST.

This is the first time I've ever made a bid this big this early but I bid $817 on Jameson and got him. The next highest bid was $633. This is a league that I won about 3 or 4 years ago but my team aged out and I've been in full rebuild mode for the past year or so. I've gotten the team to where I think I can be competitive next year but not this year so I'm probably not going to be making a lot of in-season waiver claims anyway. Plus it's best ball, which makes Jameson more valuable anyway. I dropped Gerald Everett because I didn't want to drop any of my young, promising players.

Are FFPC faab waivers taking many times longer to process than usual? Still not seeing faab results at it’s after midnight PST.
Dang Joey, you must really value your picks.

😐 that feeling when you bid $189 for a player and no one else bids on him, so you could’ve gotten him for $1
I did not even notice that no one else bid. I was just thinking more in terms of you could have had him for a late pick.

Which gets me to another topic your bid and others got me thinking about and seems like the kind of thing that @barackdhouse would have researched. That is what is the free agent monetary value of a pick? To be clear I'm not saying you made a mistake bidding on a player you could have had for a late pick, more along the lines of it got me thinking in terms of trying to assign a value for picks relative to free agent funds. A lot of variables at play of course.

Like those people who bid around $600 for Brian Robinson and Mayer. Would they have given seconds? What is more valuable, 60% of your FA allotment for an entire year or a second? I'm not sure the answer and some of the equation has to be the teams makeup and outlook.

😐 that feeling when you bid $189 for a player and no one else bids on him, so you could’ve gotten him for $1
I did not even notice that no one else bid. I was just thinking more in terms of you could have had him for a late pick.

Which gets me to another topic your bid and others got me thinking about and seems like the kind of thing that @barackdhouse would have researched. That is what is the free agent monetary value of a pick? To be clear I'm not saying you made a mistake bidding on a player you could have had for a late pick, more along the lines of it got me thinking in terms of trying to assign a value for picks relative to free agent funds. A lot of variables at play of course.

Like those people who bid around $600 for Brian Robinson and Mayer. Would they have given seconds? What is more valuable, 60% of your FA allotment for an entire year or a second? I'm not sure the answer and some of the equation has to be the teams makeup and outlook.
I did a bit of research on it when I wrote my "how much is an FFPC roster spot worth?" article. I guess the idea was if you have a clear roster spot, then what are the range of outcomes for what you can do with that. Ok well draft picks are one branch of the tree but FAAB is another. At the low end you have bye week replacements like kickers and defenses or maybe a streaming TE or QB. And at the top end you have those WW winners like E Mitchell and Damien Williams and James Robinson etc. Maybe Deon Jackson this year IDK.

But that only tangentially gets at the question. But I think generally speaking since yes you could fairly expect a 2nd round pick for either Mayer or Brian Robinson then yes something like $600 might be close to equal value. But it's just so subjective. My article simply tried to lay some foundational parameters to even begin thinking about quantifying this stuff.

A friend and I did a $750 Triflex startup this summer. One team traded away all his 2024 picks. Last night, he spent 50% of his FAAB budget on Aiden O'Connell and the other 50% on Kyle Trask (whom no one else bid on). He has $0 for the rest of the season. I guess he's ride or die. (Probably the latter.)

Here is what I wrote 2 years ago on the subject:

How Much Is A FFPC Dynasty Roster Spot Worth?​

Dynasty / By Jared Hines
How much is a FFPC dynasty roster spot worth? Or how much should it be worth? Has anyone really tried to come up with a quantitative measure that can be actionable in some way when we are managing our dynasty rosters? We have trade calculators, rankings, projections, all customizable by league settings (for the most part). But roster spots are largely ignored. When a trade is made that involves a two-for-one player exchange, a roster spot has been cleared for one owner. Or perhaps two spots in a three-for-one, although those kinds of deals are rarer.

**insert Jason Bateman meme from Dodgeball where he is announcing and says "you usually have to pay double for that kind of action, Cotton"**

Here Is An Initial Crack At A Possible Framework Methodology To Assess This

This is going to be back-of-the-cocktail-napkin stuff. I believe this question of roster spot value is a major blind spot in the fantasy football (FF) dynasty community, and it will take a community research effort to ever really fine-tune this as an actionable metric, or alternatively to conclude that a roster spot is not inherently worth enough to worry about. I am simply going to present a very coarse and rough first dive into this. Maybe others will like it and do some deeper dives. That is the way the scientific method is supposed to work. Not that we’re doing science here, but the crowdsourcing of research can be a powerful tool. We’ll see if this develops into something.

My hypothesis would be more or less that roster spots are worth considerably more than zero. Especially in shallower leagues, like FFPC where we only carry 20 players in-season and only 16 in the offseason, including the kicker and defense. The rough estimates I’m going to present for roster spot value are likely to be significantly diluted in leagues with larger roster limits.

In a previous article, I introduced the concept of dynasty franchise value, which is loosely defined as the sum of individual player and draft pick values, or all keepable assets. These individual player values represent a combination of trade value and presumed career-to-go production advantage.

To give a quick example, I have Russell Wilson (QB – SEA) as being worth 35 points in this system, Juju Smith-Schuster (WR – PIT) as worth 19, and Tyler Higbee (TE – LAR) worth 8 in the FFPC SuperFlex format, which I should remind readers is also TE premium where they get 1.5 PPR. I recently traded that trio for Darren Waller (TE – LV) and a 2022 first-round pick. I have Waller worth 40 and the pick as 15-25. Some think I got blasted in this trade, others liked it. I don’t really GAF but I did manage to clear two roster spots here on a team that is coming off a championship in its inaugural 2020 season. If I manage to pick up the 2021 version of James Robinson (RB – JAX) in any waiver run this year, I had him worth 25 at the end of the 2020 season. I bumped him down to 12 after the Jaguars drafted Travis Etienne (RB – JAX).

Hitting A Home Run Off Waivers Seems Like The Ceiling Here

I don’t always land studs in waiver pickups (or in targeted throw-ins during trades), but when I do, the value profit is real and tangible and it strongly suggests that a roster spot should have a real and quantitative value much greater than zero. At least at the ceiling.

I cannot stress enough how stringent the FFPC roster limits are in regards to roster flexibility. If the ceiling in this exercise is 25, then the floor is maybe less than zero. I have 29 FFPC dynasty teams and as of my latest review of their strengths and weaknesses, I have only three or four squads that face really stiff cuts. I am doing pretty good overall, but in one league I am most likely going to be forced to cut perennially undervalued players like T.Y. Hilton (WR – IND), Jarvis Landry (WR – CLE), and a couple of others with value. It is a little dire.

I Will Be Cutting Players That Hold Trade And Production Value

I think I have to call that negative value if that scenario plays out. There is thankfully a lot of time still, and training camp is surely going to wreak havoc on depth charts as it always does. I am allowed to stash three players on IR come week one, so I haven’t lost anything on paper yet. But I feel comfortable saying the floor of a roster spot value estimate is a complete loss of a player and therefore equal to the (negative) value of that player before the cut.

In many cases, the value should probably be zero, as in weeks where you are just dropping a kicker to pick up another kicker, for example. But if I haven’t hammered this enough, what do you do if you don’t have flexibility in your roster to make room for a bye-week fill-in at QB, TE, K, or DEF? If you have first-world problems and your roster is loaded, this becomes a realistic possibility. I would never recommend carrying just one QB or just one TE, and frankly sometimes consider how much I want to hold onto a kicker such as Justin Tucker (K – BAL) or Harrison Butker (K – KC) and whether I could afford to roster two kickers through one bye week. Or maybe I have the 2019 New England Patriots D/ST unit and don’t want to drop them.

Would You Rather Take A Zero At A Position Or Pick Someone Up?

I see stacked championship-caliber teams make the decision to take a zero rather often and by active and sharp owners. Who are you going to cut? On a week-to-week basis, and depending on what the standings look like, maybe it makes sense to just punt rather than give up a player with value. I see it all the time. It is far less than ideal but a legitimate quandary.

Speculative plays are an interesting twist here. In addition to being able to manage bye weeks, I want to be able to stash a couple of players and hold onto them with their longer-term development in mind. It is so difficult to accomplish that in this format. However, I think dynasty formats tend to really punish the inactive owner, and owners who don’t churn their rosters regularly find themselves holding the bag on older players whose values have tumbled. And they cut developmental players who ended up hitting. Why didn’t they keep them? Because they didn’t have the roster flexibility to do so.

continued...

I give my speculative players something in the neighborhood of three to seven value points in my system

It is almost insignificant and possibly within the margin of error of market consensus. You have to have the right buyer as they say. I can usually get something like a future second or third-round rookie pick for these kinds of players. Maybe less. I love to throw them in bigger deals, and I love to target similarly valued players coming back to me if they are “my guys.”

Let’s Define Some Parameters And Range Of Estimates Here

I’m not going to give any value to kickers or defense because you really should just drop them one-for-one when the time comes. So at its simplest, a roster spot should simply be 1/14 at one cutdown limit. That is ~7%. QBs score the most and many of these leagues I’m talking about are SuperFlex, like the Wilson trade I mentioned above. It is also TE premium. Maybe QB and TE roster spots are inherently more valuable. Maybe starters are inherently more valuable. If we assume that I am keeping a couple of spots open for the purpose of flexibility, then it might be plausible to define it as 1/12 instead of 1/14. At one extreme end of the range of estimates anyway. That would be ~8% before weight adjusting for other positions.

I think 5% is perhaps a good starting place for a rough estimate of a back-of-the-bench roster spot. I have several very strong and competitive teams where my lowest rated player has a value of ~10 and the franchise values are around a ~280 point average. This means that if my 5% estimate were to be used, the cheapest roster spot would be worth ~14 points, or more than my cheapest player who isn’t a kicker or defense.

**Here is a tweet with the table I had in the article**

https://twitter.com/Ship_Chaser/status/1699841913854259600?s=20

Conclusions?

I feel comfortable saying that clearing a roster spot in this format is worth something in the neighborhood of five to ten Franchise Points. It can often be zero if a replacement player doesn’t hit, or it can be a very valuable one or two-week fill-in that allows your team to win matchups, which is more important than any market value on paper. So what can we say about this approach? This range is perhaps a decent estimate to drill into for further research.

I will be writing a piece soon regarding the hit rate of rookie picks in this format, which is a major component of the Speculative Player estimates in the table above. If I were going to take this a step further I would want to know more about the nature of a roster spot on a team that is neither stacked nor rebuilding, but rather stuck in the dynasty fantasy purgatory that is being a middle of the road, competitive team that is getting older. That is what I like to call a mediocre team. Rotting from the inside. I suspect these teams are full of players that have some production value still but their franchise player values are less than that of a roster spot, but they don’t know it. I’m looking at you, Melvin Gordon and Robby Anderson owners.

More answers are needed on this subject but I hope this triggers some ideas among the crowd.

“Could’ve gotten him for a late pick”…

for a lot of these end-of-roster FAAB moves, I’m often not targeting a player until someone else drops him, obviously comparing my end-of-bench player against who was just dropped. So considering draft pick vs FAAB $ doesn’t even pop into my head.

Last edited:
A friend and I did a $750 Triflex startup this summer. One team traded away all his 2024 picks. Last night, he spent 50% of his FAAB budget on Aiden O'Connell and the other 50% on Kyle Trask (whom no one else bid on). He has $0 for the rest of the season. I guess he's ride or die. (Probably the latter.)
Trading away all future picks indicates win now mode, but spending 100% of fab in week 1 is really foolish. So detrimental to any mode (win now, win later) you are playing. Yikes!

Just a reminder to everyone in Fantasypros Championship or Main event leagues. You can still start or bench your Thursday night players. A weird quirk in those leagues. In one league I'm in, I gambled and drafted Kamara and JT and now I've lost Christian Watson this week. I have Jaylen Warren in as one of my flex starters but now I'm considering benching him for Rashee Rice who I have on my bench. Getting the guaranteed 11.6 points from that last flex spot sounds pretty good.

This is the first time I've ever made a bid this big this early but I bid $817 on Jameson and got him. The next highest bid was $633. This is a league that I won about 3 or 4 years ago but my team aged out and I've been in full rebuild mode for the past year or so. I've gotten the team to where I think I can be competitive next year but not this year so I'm probably not going to be making a lot of in-season waiver claims anyway. Plus it's best ball, which makes Jameson more valuable anyway. I dropped Gerald Everett because I didn't want to drop any of my young, promising players.
Just saw Rashee Rice drafted, dropped, then go for $920. I suspect he could have been traded for a 2nd or 3rd.

Just a reminder to everyone in Fantasypros Championship or Main event leagues. You can still start or bench your Thursday night players. A weird quirk in those leagues. In one league I'm in, I gambled and drafted Kamara and JT and now I've lost Christian Watson this week. I have Jaylen Warren in as one of my flex starters but now I'm considering benching him for Rashee Rice who I have on my bench. Getting the guaranteed 11.6 points from that last flex spot sounds pretty good.
You can swap out like that? What is this monstrosity? Ha ha

You can swap out like that? What is this monstrosity? Ha ha

It is because they have drafts until Sunday morning. There are regular season prizes available, plus the championship round starts with your average score. It isn't fair to everyone drafting before the Thursday game to not be able to start or bench those same players that have already played.

Just got an email that Dynasty Depot will begin in season sales of teams. My initial thought was will the purchasing team know the record of the team they are buying?

D/ST on bye are getting points in the projections (again). The site has had this problem forever and I've told them about it many times but they only respond with defensiveness about the quality of their projections. I'm sitting here doing FAAB and start looking at DEFs for a given squad of mine and see three teams on bye this week projected to score 6+ points. They get IR players wrong all the time, too and a bunch of other examples. Not trying to start a thing but it's just kind of annoying. https://x.com/Ship_Chaser/status/1709593626110787739?s=20

D/ST on bye are getting points in the projections (again). The site has had this problem forever and I've told them about it many times but they only respond with defensiveness about the quality of their projections. I'm sitting here doing FAAB and start looking at DEFs for a given squad of mine and see three teams on bye this week projected to score 6+ points. They get IR players wrong all the time, too and a bunch of other examples. Not trying to start a thing but it's just kind of annoying. https://x.com/Ship_Chaser/status/1709593626110787739?s=20

and don’t get me started with, when I dare to click on the Stats tab, half the time I get an error and need to log out and in again. I’ve reported it, they claimed it was my web browser or something. It’s been like that since I started with FFPC 5+ years ago, and no other site has this problem at all.
shoddy workmanship

and don’t get me started with, when I dare to click on the Stats tab, half the time I get an error and need to log out and in again. I’ve reported it, they claimed it was my web browser or something. It’s been like that since I started with FFPC 5+ years ago, and no other site has this problem at all.
shoddy workmanship
yeah it glitches a lot. "have you cleared your cache?"

Users who are viewing this thread